IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

According to Alyssa's public Instagram, today was the funeral/memorial for Lori's mother. Yet, Lori still found time to make a post about submission:

i wonder how Lori managd to make the day about herself. 

IMG_1233.PNG

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

According to Alyssa's public Instagram, today was the funeral/memorial for Lori's mother. Yet, Lori still found time to make a post about submission:

i wonder how Lori managd to make the day about herself. 

IMG_1233.PNG

Does that mean that her highness finally came home from vacation?

7 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Does that mean that her highness finally came home from vacation?

Well, since it's Lori we're talking about, I would say it could go either way. 

She did post a picture of her fall wreath on the door and I thought it was at her California home. Now that I think about it, it could have been her Wisconsin home. I don't know when they came home last yesr but I can see Lori stretching out her vacation to avoid her mother's funeral. 

Then again, I can also see her father delaying the service until Lori "can make it home."  I find myself hoping that the funeral provided some closure for Lori's sisters - closure as in they can finally cut ties with Lori if she did indeed refuse to come home durong her mother's last days. Being more decent human beings than Lori, I can see them making nice with her for the sake of their father. 

I am way too curious about their family dynamics. It's just that I've never encountered someone as vile and self centered as Lori and I really wonder how her kids and siblings deal with her. 

What does this run-on sentence train wreck mean?  That if you are meek and submissive, if your husband says "let's rob the convenience store so I can have my smokes" and you quietly say "no" he will change his mind?

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

What does this run-on sentence train wreck mean?  That if you are meek and submissive, if your husband says "let's rob the convenience store so I can have my smokes" and you quietly say "no" he will change his mind?

Yes. 

Also, he already KNOWS it is sinful to ask such things so...he's going to go ahead and ask it anyway. Then, when you say no, he will suddenly be jerked back to righteousness. Maybe it's like sleepwalking???? 

She once again is making husbands seem like pouty kids. You know how kids will ask for something that they KNOW will be forbidden; but they ask anyway?  It's like that. 

Because in Lori's world, men are babies with no self control and our submission to them will save their souls. 

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Because in Lori's world, men are babies with no self control and our submission to them will save their souls. 

Oh my. That's a real low opinion of a whole gender. Just how awful does she think the entire human race is?

1 hour ago, CatholicLite said:

Just how awful does she think the entire human race is?

Very. Lori is very awful, so she thinks everyone else is the same. 

I'm beginning to think her DIL Emily is just as bad as she is. I mentioned that on FB she said that "no amount of crying it out" worked for her baby daughter. Then, today, I noticed her hashtag, #babywiseforthewin

Babywise, I believe, is a contraversial book written by the Ezzos, and has been deemed dangerous by numerous groups. I haven't read it, but I've heard it endorses the typical fundie things, like "not letting babies run your life" and corporal punishment of young children.

Emily Alexander Hahaha I love that rule!! 
I figured out early on my parenting style and one of my top priorities is sleep for mama and baby. So all of my babies will be sleep trained, but some may take it to it better than others ?. #babywiseforthewin

@Hisey  When I was working on my MSW degree in the late 90's several hospitals and child welfare agencies in Southern California were issuing warnings about Ezzo's book. They were seeing babies who were dehydrated and undernourished due to the rigid eating structure and schedules promoted by the book.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, usmcmom said:

The Plexus people that show up in my FB feed NEVER mention the product by name. They actually write something like this:

"My friend, Jane, has  been able to stop her blood pressure meds since using (these supplements)." And then they post the obligatory picture of someone drinking the pink stuff  

They literally use parentheses and the words "these supplemnts."  And then they write "PM so you too can improve your health."  And then I get all stabby and yell "WHY won't you mention your product by name?!?" 

Does anybody know why they have to actually hide the name of their product? 

Also, we know a couple who evidently made it to the top of the Plexus world. They were always bragging about their trips and Louis Vuitton (sp?) products. Lately, though, they have been selling personal belongings on FB.  When someone asked why, they responded with "Just trying to get a better hold on our finances."  Hmmm...very interesting. 

We knew an Amway couple who lost their house. Evidently, part of the Amway con was to live way beyond your means to make it look like you were rolling in the dough so you could recruit other greedy or desperate suckers.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I'm beginning to think her DIL Emily is just as bad as she is. I mentioned that on FB she said that "no amount of crying it out" worked for her baby daughter. Then, today, I noticed her hashtag, #babywiseforthewin

Babywise, I believe, is a contraversial book written by the Ezzos, and has been deemed dangerous by numerous groups. I haven't read it, but I've heard it endorses the typical fundie things, like "not letting babies run your life" and corporal punishment of young children.

Yes, Babywise was huge in our circles in the second half of the 90s. One of the things they pushed was rigid, super strict scheduling, especially food and sleep. Worked for some. But babies are not one size fits all.

Babies failed to thrive, and doctors and lactation consultants noticed, and pretty soon there was this huge controversy between True Believers and voices of caution. It was so contentious, the topic got banned from numerous homeschooling discussion boards back when AOL was an amazing resource for a virtual homeschool community.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:27 AM, usmcmom said:

I use Walmart peppermint oil for headaches. I also put a dab under my nose when I'm entering a perfume filled store. That has really cut down on scent-triggered migraines ANNNND it's like $5 a bottle, I think. 

I need to try that for scent-related migraines. Maybe that’s why I like my favorite Black Phoenix hair gloss so much. Lots of mint. 

Today Lori shares one of Michael Pearl's posts about men being at home and women being the breadwinners. Lots of gaggy stuff--but even Michael Pearl acknowledges that it is sometimes necessary for women to be in the workforce, either because of a husband's disability or because she isn't married. Even Michael Pearl says this, whereas Lori insists that there is no good reason for a woman to be in the workforce.

Then again, I can't help but wonder if this is her way of admitting she was wrong without having to actually admit she was wrong. Now she can always say, "I have a post that says that women sometimes have to work outside the home. Why do you say I don't think that?"

12 hours ago, Hisey said:

Babies aren’t supposed to sleep through the night. Picking them up when they cry and holding them does not spoil them. In fact, it makes their attachment secure and promotes connection to others as they get older (and empathy). 

Someone gave me a copy of Babywise when I had my now 11 year old. I was familiar with the concepts and criticisms and promptly threw it away. I will never regret the time I invested in my kids- rocking to sleep each night, holding, wearing, soothing, feeding on demand. The pay off: they are bright, articulate, independent, empathetic, and secure. 

(We also “tolerate” a lot of “sassiness” that would probably be beaten out of them if they were in Lori’s family or one of her leghumpers families). 

On another note, her post today is nonsense. She has the lowest expectations and opinions of men and women. It’s sad. 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:13 AM, wallysmommy said:

Honestly, I always thought Lori was talking about anal sex when she discusses that "sin the husband wants and wife must refuse".

Lori has one of her handwritten posts that starts 'Women of old had to get water from a well or stream...'  Under that she commented (cut for space considerations):

Things Men Invented & Things Women Invented
Men:

99% of all empires on Earth (Roman, Greek, Mongol, Mughal, Ottoman, Caliphates, Monarchies) 
Fire
Wheel
Women:

Windshield Wipers
Dishwasher Machines
Disposable Diaper
Barbie Doll
Whiteout
Bra
Snugli Baby Carrier

Men:

Everything Else.

Last time I checked the inventors of fire and the wheel didn't sign the patent forms, so I don't know who they were, and Lori doesn't either. Here's a screenshot of a comment destined for deletion, because it makes too much sense for Lori's port little girl brain. 

1537802505530.jpg

I bet Lori never heard of Hidden Figures, either.

ETA: I wonder how our old community would see that movie. On the one hand, it’s got the old-fashioned values they do love (church, cooking, mothering, dress codes). On the other, it’s about women in the workplace in direct competition/cooperation with men.

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Lori has one of her handwritten posts that starts 'Women of old had to get water from a well or stream...'  Under that she commented (cut for space considerations):

She pulled the list from a comment section, I believe, from TW2.0.  I don't remember where the comments were exactly, but I know it was part of a pissing contest with Ken.  He probably went and found the diatribe to add fuel to her fire.  He refused to acknowledge that women weren't inventors because of oppression, or there were many female inventors, they just had to use male pseudonyms to survive.  He wouldn't even address the point.  

46 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

She pulled the list from a comment section, I believe, from TW2.0.  I don't remember where the comments were exactly, but I know it was part of a pissing contest with Ken.  He probably went and found the diatribe to add fuel to her fire.  He refused to acknowledge that women weren't inventors because of oppression, or there were many female inventors, they just had to use male pseudonyms to survive.  He wouldn't even address the point.  

I should have guessed as much.  I was giving Lori too much credit, thinking she might have made the list herself.  

14 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I should have guessed as much.  I was giving Lori too much credit, thinking she might have made the list herself.  

*blink blink* but she's cute and bakes bread!  head tilt, hair flip 

Why does Lori believe that disagreement with her "teachings" means that someone is offended? 

"Yes, some of it will most likely offend you if you don’t understand God’s clearly defined roles between the sexes and get offended easily."

Opening her post with this comment is just setting people up to argue, but she won't really allow discussion of anything she writes. It's beyond Lori's woman brain that it's entirely possible to hold an opposing view and not be offended. Her writing isn't clever or intelligent enough to get worked up over. I've heard more coherent ideas from a rambling toddler. 

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Why does Lori believe that disagreement with her "teachings" means that someone is offended? 

"Yes, some of it will most likely offend you if you don’t understand God’s clearly defined roles between the sexes and get offended easily."

I'm not "offended" just incredulous that someone can be that stupid and even more so that there are people who think this woman is right. 

19 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I think it's because Lori can't disagree with someone without being offended herself.  I'm becoming more and more convinced as time goes on that she is judging other women by herself.  

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Because she uses the definition found in Webster's 1828 dictionary, in which offended means to be displeased. I think it's fair to say that many of us are displeased by what she writes. 

However, using a word differently than her readers would perceive it is just picking a fight, if you ask me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived