IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

46 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

So confused I thought Dan and his wife already had a baby. Shady Derick trying real hard to get those website clicks with his IG caption.

Glad I saw Jill's post first.  

I am stalking IG right because Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother are having their second baby today.

She is one of these women that has been pregnant *for fucking ever.*

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

Don't the duggars have a son named Jackson? So now they have an Uncle Jackson and a cousin Jaxon. 

With the number of Duggars and Duggar related people in their sphere it's bound to happen eventually, and probably with names with matching spelling not just pronunciation! 

For instance, a lot of people have *thoughts* about Lauren Caldwell and one of the Jed/Jer twins. If anything *does* happen there, or with any of the other near-aged Duggar boys, that would make for two Lauren Duggars! 

Even if that doesn't come to pass, there will probably be overlap soonish, at least in the extended family. After all, Abbie's older brother is John-Clay, and she's marrying John David. Plus her younger brother is Benjamin and Jessa's also married to a Benjamin. So that's two Johns and two Benjamins in the extended family on the Burnett side of things. Surprisingly, I don't see overlap anywhere else just yet, but just wait. It'll happen! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Is it normal to consider the names of your in laws’ family members when picking names? Where I’m from, you can expect people to consider immediate family names, but I would never dream of considering my SIL’s family’s names. 

It just would never cross my mind! 

I was first irritated by the grammar and awkward sentence structure by both Derick and Jill in their various posts, but that's mostly BEC.  Then I realized there was an even bigger worm in this apple.  The posts were written to drive traffic to their blog and literally monetize a baby,  A post written in a deceptive way,"The Dillard family IS growing," not HAS grown to mislead, manipulative the message and exploit the baby for personal gain. 

I feel the need to quote Derick...

“I pity Jazz 4 those who take advantage of him in order 2 promote their agenda, ... It’s sad that ppl would use a juvenile this way.”

30 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Is it normal to consider the names of your in laws’ family members when picking names? Where I’m from, you can expect people to consider immediate family names, but I would never dream of considering my SIL’s family’s names. 

I agree that it wouldn't cross my mind either. For the Jackson/Jaxson thing it will impact the D&J Dillard kids. For the John/Ben thing, the only people it should directly impact are John and Abbie's kids plus Abbie's siblings, who will have two uncle Bens. Different kids in the family are going to have different overlapping relative names but that will only affect those specific kids. It's if multiple people with the same name that marry *into* the family that it's likely to become broadly confusing.

I have very dry, sensitive skin and an allergy to the sun. I LOVE using Jane Iredale minerals. It works as foundation plus spf - I have never burnt while wearing it. 

9 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

How do the products smell?  I'm 45 and am currently using Olay Regenerist. It's fine, but isn't touching any of my wrinkles. Tried Neutrogena rapid wrinkle as well. Maybe these lines aren't going away but I'm not going to stop trying. 

FWIW, my grandma, mother, and her five sisters have aged beautifully, and they all have wrinkles. As far as I'm aware, regardless of how early they started to develop wrinkles, they've just embraced the process. Grandma is in her 80s, and I still think she looks lovely. 

I can see how lines and whatnot can be bothersome, but I generally tend to notice how healthy someone's skin looks above everything else. :my_heart:

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Do you mean consider as in avoiding the names? In that case I will agree. Everyone should choose the name(s) they like and not shy away because the daughter of the aunt of the mother of the sister in law has the same name. Same for colleagues or acquaintances or just because the name is really popular. If you love it use it.

Our daughter almost got the exact name as my husband’s cousin. We just didn’t do it because we didn’t love her first name as much as the other three that are still in the running. And we hadn’t realised for the longest time that the middle name would be the same too. We actually didn’t know. Now she might get the same first name as my mum. Just because we like the name. 

Jax is either the oh so hot Charlie Hunnam character from SOA.

Or

Jax Taylor, overaged bartender and sleazeball on Vanderpump Rules.(American reality show about people “working” at a bar in Hollywood)

Firmly on my not to name a baby list.

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

She is one of these women that has been pregnant *for fucking ever.*

Just like you have to eat a raw horse heart to truly be accepted as a Dothraki bride, to truly be accepted as a Dillard bride, you have to announce your pregnancy as soon as your pee hits the testing stick. 

4 hours ago, metheglyn said:

With the number of Duggars and Duggar related people in their sphere it's bound to happen eventually, and probably with names with matching spelling not just pronunciation! 

For instance, a lot of people have *thoughts* about Lauren Caldwell and one of the Jed/Jer twins. If anything *does* happen there, or with any of the other near-aged Duggar boys, that would make for two Lauren Duggars! 

Even if that doesn't come to pass, there will probably be overlap soonish, at least in the extended family. After all, Abbie's older brother is John-Clay, and she's marrying John David. Plus her younger brother is Benjamin and Jessa's also married to a Benjamin. So that's two Johns and two Benjamins in the extended family on the Burnett side of things. Surprisingly, I don't see overlap anywhere else just yet, but just wait. It'll happen! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

We are not even close to being a mega family but my mum and my grandma still had the same name. And my sister’s father in law has the same name as our dad. Imagine picking your spouse like that. 

”Sorry, my brother already married a Lauren so you’re out.” :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

We considered the names of the people we hang out with. There are several names that I liked that I considered taken when my friends used them. I have friends that named their kids the same thing even though they do hang out though. And it seems to work just fine. :)

Oh for fuck's sake Dullards... That *link in bio!* makes me always rage like a lunatic!! Stop using other people for your personal gain.

Oh for fuck's sake Dullards... That *link in bio!* makes me always rage like a lunatic!! Stop using other people for your personal gain.

I just read the comments [emoji23]

On 9/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, Melissa1977 said:

Crow feet wrinkles is an interesting expression I had never heard before. In Spanish they are called rooster feet. I think crow is more poetic, or gothic, by the way. 

I really enjoy learning new English words here in FJ. I can say I'm studying instead of snarking!

I, on the other hand, was amused to see that it's the same in English as it is in Dutch! Although, if we're being really correct here, the Dutch equivalent is "little crow's feet" (the little addressing the feet, not the crow). For people interested, the Dutch word is "kraaienpootjes". 

I had a cousin Carol, and her brother married a woman named Carole.

They became Carol Ann (middle name) and CarolE  "Carol-eee" to differentiate.

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

”Sorry, my brother already married a Lauren so you’re out.” :pb_lol:

Two of my cousins (they're brothers) both married women named Linda Ann*.

*not their actual name(s)

My mom

My dad's sister

And my dad's brother's wife

All had the same name while my aunt was still single.

They went by first and middle names-

Sadly, my mom is the only one still alive

I think names overlapping is inevitable in large families.  My Mum was one of 5 and my Dad one of 9. They both have a  Michael, a Mary, a John, a James as siblings. Both sets of grandparents are Mary and John. I also have a cousin called Mary,  2 cousins called John ( on same side, one goes by John Paul), 3 called James ( two on side). My brother is also named after an uncle on my dad's side (but not a James, John or Michael).

My aunt Mary on my mother's side also married a Michael. So a third Uncle Mick for me. He comes from a family of 9. There are even more overlapping there since all his brothers married and had kids. My Mum's 3 brothers didn't married and 2 of my dad's brothers never married either.

This craziness is probably a very Irish example, especially given the large families in the 50's in Ireland and lack of diversity in choice of names as well.

I think the 2 boys named Jackson/ Jaxon will be fine, they are not too closely related. 

I think it's better in the long run to just accept the aging process - wrinkles and all.  Of course, you should still take great care of your self:  diet, skincare, personal grooming, etc, but don't fight nature too much.  Just look at Melanie Griffith compared to Helen Mirren or Kathy Bates (I'm sure Helen has had work done as well, but she looks more natural, not sure about Kathy)

I'm in my 50s and am "embracing" my grey hair.  Quotations 'cause while I love the colour, the grey is coming in much more coarse and frizzy than my other hair, plus far less curly so there's a brand new learning curve involved.  

Also re the Jackson/Jaxon thing:  Jackson is related to Jill (and Derick through marriage), but he's not related to Dan/Deena in any way.  I don't think his name would be a consideration when they were choosing the new baby's name.  I also grew up with uncles named Joseph and Bob, and cousins with the same name as well.  Plus, my father's name is Bill and I had a cousin named Bill as well.  I don't think the dup name thing is weird at all.

I understand that people posting #boymom are probably frequently not meaning anything deeper by it, but....

I am really disturbed by the way we force gender stereotypes on little ones and let confirmation bias rule the day. Your kid is not "all boy!" because he likes to play in the dirt or pick his boogers or laugh at poopy things. Plenty of little girls do those things too, but are frequently admonished for it and encouraged to act lady-like from a young age. You're kid also isn't NOT all boy just because he doesn't like to feel dirty or is more social instead of climbing all the furniture. And you're not a tougher mom or something just because you have all boys?

IDK, it just really grates on me. Maybe it's specifically related to the people in my circles who post that kind of thing, but it just feels like weird braggy stereotyping.

@SamiKatz,  I'd like to be as lovely as Mary Berry is when I'm in my 80s.  Yes, she has wrinkles, but she's radiant and full of life!  Other women that seem to do older age right: Dame Judi Dench, Dame Helen Mirren (who you'd mentioned), Kathy Bates (also mentioned),  Jane Fonda, and Betty White.  I can think of other women who look pretty darn good for their age, like Penelope Wilton who played Isobel Crawley on Downton Abbey.

9 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@SamiKatz,  I'd like to be as lovely as Mary Berry is when I'm in my 80s.  Yes, she has wrinkles, but she's radiant and full of life!  Other women that seem to do older age right: Dame Judi Dench, Dame Helen Mirren (who you'd mentioned), Kathy Bates (also mentioned),  Jane Fonda, and Betty White.  I can think of other women who look pretty darn good for their age, like Penelope Wilton who played Isobel Crawley on Downton Abbey.

Mary Berry is so lovely. Helen Mirren is incredibly hot. I am straight woman but she makes me take a second look. gorgeous. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived