IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

Derick just gives me the vibe that the most common phrase he utters in his classes is "WELL AYKSHYUALLYYYYY", especially if a female classmate has made a point. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Derick using words he doesn't understand, how strange. 

That being said where I am we only use the term aunt/uncle for people that we are blood related to. So my Dad would say that my cousin John* is my mother's nephew. My mother says that my best friend and paternal cousin Linda* is my Dad's niece. But we don't actually use the terms aunt and uncle, we call them all by their first names; so it's not noticeable. 

*I don't have a cousin John, I don't think. 

Hmmm....naturalized.... So, based on the political beliefs that Derick has posted, does that mean that, if his nephew gets into trouble, he should be deported and stripped of his U.S. citizenship?

I'm hoping someone will correct the heck out of him. Especially a woman. Because his reaction will be juicy. He won't do with a "oh, alright. i've been educated, thanks for explaining!"

I haven't heard the term "natural child" since I read Emma by Jane Austen.  Harriet Smith is the natural daughter of a prosperous tradesman, though he is not a gentleman.

16 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Derick tweeted today...

This week I had my first midterm exam in law school and became a naturalized uncle! It’s been a good week!

I am guessing now that he is a law student we should get used to him using big words, although not always appropriately.   I am assuming he is referring to the fact this is his first nephew or niece he is blood related to via "the natural way."  So apparently the Seewald boys, the M kids, Felicity and (oh hell I can't remember them all)... are all unnaturalized nieces and nephews.     

There are several definitions of naturalization from plant growth to citizenship but I have never heard it used to distinguish family relations.

PS.   At some point he also became a naturalized asshole, though it was long before this week. 

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder how does he have a college degree?? I could totally see one of the SOTDRT Duggar kids (or the Maxwells) misusing language this way in order to sound smart but this man is supposed to have a college education!  Why in the world would you refer to your brother's child this way? Ugh. SMH

If I did want to make that distinction, I probably would have gone with "nephew by blood." That said...why is he making that distinction? Unnecessary. 

The simplest post would have been to say he's happy for his brother becoming a father. Instead he first gives a vague post about the Dillard family growing, and to "click link in bio!" and now this naturalized crap.  It also reminded me of his weird statement when Jinger announced she was pregnant and Derick said Israel and Sam were getting 43% more cousins in 2018. 

17 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Derick tweeted today...

This week I had my first midterm exam in law school and became a naturalized uncle! It’s been a good week!

I am guessing now that he is a law student we should get used to him using big words, although not always appropriately.   I am assuming he is referring to the fact this is his first nephew or niece he is blood related to via "the natural way."  So apparently the Seewald boys, the M kids, Felicity and (oh hell I can't remember them all)... are all unnaturalized nieces and nephews.     

There are several definitions of naturalization from plant growth to citizenship but I have never heard it used to distinguish family relations.

PS.   At some point he also became a naturalized asshole, though it was long before this week. 

Going by his tweet I wonder if he even bothers to acknowledge Tyler at all

Someone on reddit posted that Derick is in their law school class: 

They didn't really have much to say. Apparently Derick seems pretty normal and the poster didn't notice him as being one of the students who constantly speak up in class.

Law school, based on my experience as well as that of coworkers who went to different schools, is kind of high school-esque in some ways. It's a relatively small environment with a small social circle. Gossip is huge. You're around the same people all the time, everyone goes to school in the same building or small cluster of buildings, and you quickly make friends with other people in your classes. Law school kind of takes over your life and a lot of people move to a new city to attend law school so your only local support system is oftentimes the friends you make in school. Even if you stay in a city you're familiar with to attend school, your social circle likely will have a ton of your fellow students in it because your free time is kind of limited and it's just easier to hang out with people with the same constraints who speak the same 'language' of stressing about school, gossiping about classmates, etc. Secrets and rumors fly around the school and it's all about who's dating who, who got embarrassingly drunk at the bar last weekend, or who had an outburst in class (we had a couple of people in my school that would've been pals with Derick, probably, that pulled some crazy shit). 

I say all this because if Wreck acts like a clown in class I'm sure we will hear about it. Now that I think about it I guess I believe he's been well behaved so far just because we haven't heard anything crazy! So I guess in that way it doesn't surprise me his classmate said things with him are pretty normal so far.

5 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Came to lurk after a hell of a busy time. And heck yeah, hit the jackpot, Doodoorick has done a good dumdum to cheer up my Sunday.

Doodoorick :pb_lol: Which my autocorrect changed to dodo prick 

3 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Oh yeah! I knew this sounded familiar! I can’t believe he did it again. Is he really so dense?

Is it possible he’s heard the phrase “natural child” in his circle growing up, and somehow misunderstood it? Saying someone has a “natural child” is a polite way of saying the child is illegitimate. So I could see people saying that and not explaining what it means to a young boy. Still, I’ve never heard of a naturalized uncle.

Seriously, what does he think it means? If he previously said it about Spurgeon then he wasn’t trying to use it to mean “by blood relation.” So what the hell is he saying? What a weirdo. 

I’ve only heard “natural” in a context like this when my parents refer to my dad’s bio dad vs his actual dad who raised him. They refer to him as my dad’s “Natural father.” 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Going by his tweet I wonder if he even bothers to acknowledge Tyler at all

I doubt he does. :( Don’t these jerks go on about sins of the father crap? 

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Someone on reddit posted that Derick is in their law school class: 

They didn't really have much to say. Apparently Derick seems pretty normal and the poster didn't notice him as being one of the students who constantly speak up in class.

Thanks! I’ll have to keep an eye on this (or maybe someone who isn’t as lazy as me?) for any interesting updates

A decent chunk of the comments are guessing Derdick won’t graduate and advising a poster not to go to law school unless they’re 100% sure it’s the career they want. People also had to explain to the poster who Pickles is, since Pickles already called this classmate fake. One poster said she thinks that because the classmate isn’t one of her sources, lol. Screenshots of some highlights:

Spoiler

D9FCB941-7578-41D0-94DD-3FF5A780C93E.thumb.jpeg.c4699e99ee9c9fd188067a0ae7f23d39.jpeg

A7F99BDF-5C74-4FEC-91F4-A46CB451E7AA.jpeg.acf4cbf3dc38e3ebaf499107b7a1bfb2.jpeg

18 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Thanks! I’ll have to keep an eye on this (or maybe someone who isn’t as lazy as me?) for any interesting updates

If ever there was a need for a "holy shit" emoticon, this is it. If this person really dishes the dirt, s/he could be an AMAZING source! lol

On that same subreddit there's a recent thread complaining about FJ where someone is upset that members here didn't believe that blind item about Derick having an affair with a man and then having that man killed. :roll:

Ew! Of course pickled has her hand in this.  Doubtful because she didn't get notified first.  Bwahahahaha!!!!  I'm excited how this unfolds, hopefully it does provide snarky delicious insight. 

The moderator has confirmed that this person is legitimate - we can only hope they keep us updated

Spoiler

2018-09-09.thumb.png.920e70b4880270b568348ab0f9412a66.png

So, I read the Reddit and then one on FJ.  Wow!  Rodmma again, I presume.   I saw her on Gomi. That was nuts. Between ripping @Curious for nonsense and the general hating on ( NOT loving on...lol) FJ because we all have no life and are assholes who thread drift, ( yeah, get on that wontcha Curious) geez.  No you get a life!  That was funny.  Sorry to drag you in Curious,  just didn't want to mention you w/o you knowing.  Or you may punish me. ???

I prepare myself every time I open this thread, and but Derick's concentrated blowhardiness still manages to penetrate my douche shields. 

I was willing to let the "naturalized uncle" thing go, because sometime people misspeak or have a unique term for something in their family. But to condescendingly  double down with that commenter when a quick Google search shows he's wrong? He really has his head so firmly up his own ass.

I would last five minutes at dinner with this dude. 

I still wonder how the dynamic is between him and Jim Bob. Lots of egos there. 

15 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

So, I read the Reddit and then one on FJ.  Wow!  Rodmma again, I presume.   I saw her on Gomi. That was nuts. Between ripping @Curious for nonsense and the general hating on ( NOT loving on...lol) FJ because we all have no life and are assholes who thread drift, ( yeah, get on that wontcha Curious) geez.  No you get a life!  That was funny.  Sorry to drag you in Curious,  just didn't want to mention you w/o you knowing.  Or you may punish me. ???

The recent one about the Bates thread was so off. The OP claimed there were lots of accusations of hebephilia, for example, and that literally didn't happen once.

19 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Rodmma again, I presume.   I saw her on Gomi. That was nuts. Between ripping @Curious for nonsense

Can I buy a clue, here? What are you talking about? Rodmma? Who is "her" that you're talking about?

Just now, Rachel333 said:

The recent one about the Bates thread was so off. The OP claimed there were lots of accusations of hebephilia, for example, and that literally didn't happen once.

Ha!  I don't follow the Bateseses.  I don't doubt you at all.  That was a wrird thing to read.  I've been lurking not since Yuku but from 2013, I think and active for almost 2 yrears.  Annnnd, yeah, no.  I mean, maybe FJ really is an illuminati type covert operation with a political agenda they force members to help stear the conversation a certain way.  Maybe ?

???

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Can I buy a clue, here? What are you talking about? Rodmma? Who is "her" that you're talking about?

Rodmma is (was?) a member here.  On Gomi I saw a FJ thread, the last two pages from a dead thread is from this one person.  Someone said Rodmma prior, calling her out for same whiny behavior as seen on here apparently.  Same thing on the Reddit I just read. So, assuming.

On 9/9/2018 at 9:51 PM, nausicaa said:

I was willing to let the "naturalized uncle" thing go, because sometime people misspeak or have a unique term for something in their family. But to condescendingly  double down with that commenter when a quick Google search shows he's wrong? He really has his head so firmly up his own ass.

I would last five minutes at dinner with this dude. 

I still wonder how the dynamic is between him and Jim Bob. Lots of egos there. 

Bold mine.  I felt exactly the same way.  After the explanation to the woman who asked about it, confirming that he indeed meant naturalized, now it is really bugging me!  WTF?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Haaa I cannot believe jill & derrick pulled the same stunt as other jill.. teasing "baby news" to get you to click on their blog post, but then the baby news is about their relative. womp womp. jrod is not a good mentor, jill! don't take notes from her! 

also, the baby news post really has me wondering if/when we're going to get another baby announcement from jill again. emphasis on the if. i just keep thinking back to how it seemed like she was in the hospital for a while with sam, and the cryptic instagram posts about loss after his birth...it'd certainly be a lot easier for derrick to go to law school if he could count on there being no more family members in the upcoming years...(but then i remember the liking of the "two is for quitters" post, so idk)....

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I think the poster confused "it's creepy for a 21-year-old to be pursuing a very sheltered 16-year-old" with "he's after her to satisfy his carnal lust for teenagers." 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived