IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

Whoever's working on Michelle Pfeiffer is a goddamn artist. She's not quite as up there in years (I think she's 60), but she looks AMAZING. I'm sure she's been tuned up here and there, but it's subtle, and obviously augmented by her taking care of herself. She still looks like herself and doesn't look like she's in denial about her age. There's a reason there are several pop songs released when she was in her late 50s about how hot she is. 

When I'm older, I don't think I'd be opposed to a little plastic surgery. Nothing to make me look unnatural or ridiculous, but I won't rule out getting a little Botox or some filler just to perk me up (judging by genetics I'm going to start looking like Yoda once I hit my 70s), or maybe some liposuction if having kids totally ruins me and I can't get back to where I was the old-fashioned way. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penelope Wilton:  Harriet Jones, former prime minister. Yes, we know who you are. Back to the nerd closet.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Penelope Wilton:  Harriet Jones, former prime minister. Yes, we know who you are. Back to the nerd closet.

I knew right away! 

27 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I actually think Jane Fonda looks great. I love watching her and Lily Tomlin on Grace and Frankie.

She looks good and I'm sure some of it is her genes, but its obvious she has had a lot of work, but good work. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Whoever's working on Michelle Pfeiffer is a goddamn artist. She's not quite as up there in years (I think she's 60), but she looks AMAZING. I'm sure she's been tuned up here and there, but it's subtle, and obviously augmented by her taking care of herself. She still looks like herself and doesn't look like she's in denial about her age. There's a reason there are several pop songs released when she was in her late 50s about how hot she is. 

When I'm older, I don't think I'd be opposed to a little plastic surgery. Nothing to make me look unnatural or ridiculous, but I won't rule out getting a little Botox or some filler just to perk me up.

Seriously, I need to know her doctor's name. She looks amazing and not ridiculous at all.

I used to do Pilates with a woman who was 45, a mother of three, and hotter than any 25 year old I know. There was no way her skin could naturally still look the way it did, but it looked so natural to the eye. I desperately wanted to ask her who her doctor was but could never build up the nerve. 

I'm 33 and have already had a nose job and chemical peels, so God knows I will have zero issue with some filler or Botox. (And you'd be shocked at the number of people who have it done. It's only the poorly done jobs that stick out.) I'm actually considering getting some Botox this coming spring. 

I just saw an ad for The Wife and realized I should have added Glenn Close to my list of amazing looking older women.  Glenn is 71.

Like @nausicaa and @nastyhobbitses,  I'm not at all opposed to having some work done by a good plastic surgeon.    My eyes don't look horrible yet, but my mom had droopy eyelids and it's genetic.  I've noticed it in several of her siblings, as well.  I'd totally have a blepharoplasty if I needed it and could afford it.

I have a heavy brow, and I think I'd probably get it corrected someday. I'm just scared of the surgery being botched and ending up blind. 

I jumped a bit when I saw that Dillard baby post! Of course it was worded as vaguely as possible to drive clicks :pb_rollseyes: Such is life for desperate Jill and Derick.

6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I knew right away! 

She looks good and I'm sure some of it is her genes, but its obvious she has had a lot of work, but good work. 

I'd like the name of her doctor.

21 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Jax is either the oh so hot Charlie Hunnam character from SOA.

Or

Jax Taylor, overaged bartender and sleazeball on Vanderpump Rules.(American reality show about people “working” at a bar in Hollywood)

Firmly on my not to name a baby list.

And Jax Taylor’s real name is Jason which adds another layer the Duggarception

1 minute ago, artdecades said:

And Jax Taylor’s real name is Jason which adds another layer the Duggarception

Right. He is such a... no woman should marry him. I hang my head in shame that I am aware of these things. But now that we are acknowledging him - he is just horrible. And I can no longer feel much sympathy for Brittany. She is SO stupid for marrying him. No. no. no.

@nastyhobbitses I have said for a good 20 years now that I want to be Michelle Pfeffier when I grow up, and I still do. 

Looks wise I am a babyface which after many years of people telling me "one day you'll apperciate it", now I do!  I have to say grey hairs stress me me more than wrinkles.  Wrinkles I'm not that worried about especially since under my  dermatologist's orders I haven't sat in the sun unprotected in 10 years.   I will never go under the knife for cosmetic  reasons but I'm still hoping for advances in laser technology.

As far as repeat names in the family - my former coworker's family is full of them. Her husband, son, son in law, and grandson all share the same name, there's only so many nicknames I don't know how they do it.

Was watching a newer episode of Beat Bobby Flay last night. It was Amanda Freitag and Jeff Zacharian as the guests. Can tell from earlier seasons of Chopped until now that they've both definitely had some work done but damn they look pretty good!

I want the "mommy makeover", which is the tummy tuck/liposuction/boob lift. I'll keep the stretch marks but the saggy loose skin bugs the daylights out of me. I'm told my breasts have good volume but they hang close to my belly button. A lift with no implants would do it!  Probably lose the double chin many years of bad thyroid treatment has given me. If they could cure my rosacea I'd be thrilled! 

"Jaxon" in general kind of annoys me because there's SO many kids with that spelling around here. Those and Brinleys (spelled eleventy different ways)

I wonder if Michael Jackson even crossed their minds when naming. 

I think what bothers me the most about this discussion is that all these "celebrities" having plastic surgery creates unrealistic expectations about how we (as humans) are supposed to look as we age.

Youth - especially in women - is valued over knowledge, expertise, experience, and skills. This is frequently seen in the workplace, where older women are passed over for new positions or promotions because younger/prettier faces "win" the selection committee. This doesn't happen to men as much.

Sadly, women keep buying all the "anti-aging" BS, keep trying to "look young," and spend millions of $$$ every year on creams/oils/surgery - trying to look like the very VERY few people who are 70-but-look-40.

Those celebrities who "look good" for 70, after having plastic surgery/fillers/whatever, are NOT reality.

Just saw the new insurance commercial with Dennis Quaid. Trying to figure out what all he had done. He's been good looking all along, with (to me) one of those faces that would age well... but now he's chasing his look from 30 years ago. He doesn't NEED to do that!

I'm also not going to judge celebrities too harshly when they are under unbelievable pressure to look young and beautiful (much more so than even normal women, who are already under a lot of pressure) and choose* to get plastic surgery.

I think it's really important to talk about how plastic surgery being so commonplace creates unrealistic expectations. I don't think, however, that it helps to turn around and be mean about the appearance of women who have chosen plastic surgery.

*I think for a lot of actresses the pressure to get plastic surgery is so intense that "choose" might be an overstatement.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"Jaxon" in general kind of annoys me because there's SO many kids with that spelling around here. Those and Brinleys (spelled eleventy different ways)

I wonder if Michael Jackson even crossed their minds when naming. 

Jaxon irks me mainly because I dislike "tryndy" spelling variations on traditional names. Variations as a result of language differences (e.g. Daniela/Daniella/Danijela) are one thing, but to me, "tryndy" spelling variations just doom your child to a life of "it's Jackson but with an X". 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I think what bothers me the most about this discussion is that all these "celebrities" having plastic surgery creates unrealistic expectations about how we (as humans) are supposed to look as we age.

Youth - especially in women - is valued over knowledge, expertise, experience, and skills. This is frequently seen in the workplace, where older women are passed over for new positions or promotions because younger/prettier faces "win" the selection committee. This doesn't happen to men as much.

Thank you! I love it when people just let themselves age gracefully. It's perfectly fine to look your age and I think you should embrace it. You can be beautiful at every stage of life.

Women I think have aged beautifully without any (or much?) surgery---Jamie Lee Curtis (who also embraces her grey hair), and Yoko Ono.  I know she may not be a popular choice, but I think she looks lovely---and she's 85!   And Rita Moreno---she's 86!  She's on the cover of my new AARP magazine & I am in awe.   Oh--and Cyndi Lauper (who also was on the cover of AARP.) 

10 hours ago, bella8050 said:

@nastyhobbitses I have said for a good 20 years now that I want to be Michelle Pfeffier when I grow up, and I still do. 

Looks wise I am a babyface which after many years of people telling me "one day you'll apperciate it", now I do!  I have to say grey hairs stress me me more than wrinkles.  Wrinkles I'm not that worried about especially since under my  dermatologist's orders I haven't sat in the sun unprotected in 10 years.   I will never go under the knife for cosmetic  reasons but I'm still hoping for advances in laser technology.

As far as repeat names in the family - my former coworker's family is full of them. Her husband, son, son in law, and grandson all share the same name, there's only so many nicknames I don't know how they do it.

My brothers had a friend in high school who was named after his dad, who was named after his dad. Once his grandfather was vistiting and my brothers called and asked to talk to Bob* and whomever answered the phone asked, “Which one? One, two, or three?”

*Not his actual name 

On 9/6/2018 at 10:41 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:
On 9/5/2018 at 1:05 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm all about the No. 7 products, I'm 48, have normal skin as well and had a hard time finding sunscreen for my face that didn't leave it sticky then I found No. 7 and now I use this during the day and this at night.

I love most of their stuff and while I am way late to the sunscreen discussion, I too have crazy skin. Since I travel a lot and go back and forth to sunny climates I use brush on block sunscreen over pressed powder not to mess up my makeup. It's SPF 50 and doesn't bother my pores and keeps the shine down, I've currently got one of the Coloresceince ones in my purse. More expensive than my usual, but it can be hard to find in store.

I

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived