IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

17 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

SNIP

One last thought: I don’t think putting yourself in the public light makes it fair game for people to bitch about you. In that case everyone with an Facebook/Instagram account is fair game. And we shouldn’t believe that what we do sometimes here isn’t online bullying because from time to time it just is. I can live with that but I have no problem being a judgemental bitch.

I agree and disagree to a point. The thing is, social media accounts can be customized for privacy. My inlaws aren't my "friends" and what you see on my Facebook profile is limited because I sometimes vent about them or my husband on my page. I can choose to accept a friend request and control what exactly certain people can and cannot see. 

And these are adults. While young, they can walk away. They can choose to stop accepting money in exchange for losing their privacy on TV and lead quiet lives out of the limelight. They don't, and I imagine that's due to the money involved. The brainwashing is partly to blame but now that they have kids of their own, they are certainly able to be held accountable. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of off topic here (or maybe back on topic?) But has anyone watched the intro video for Felicity from JinJer? hopefully this link works:

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/meet-jinger-and-jeremy-vuolos-baby-girl/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf194521098&utm_campaign=countingon&sf194521098=1

I'm trying to figure out who she looks like, and while of course newborns don't usually look exactly like how they will as they get older, I'm not seeing stark duggar-ness in the face like we have been able to with Jill and Jessa's boys. I immediately see a lot of Jeremy in Felicity as compared to one of his instagram posts a while back

I had to watch twice, since my junior high self was snickering. Someone’s avatar is here, for sure. Well, I’m off to the prayer closet. #freefelicity

About baby Felicity...…

I can't believe how much she looks like Jeremy as a baby.

I may be in the minority on this, but I really don't know what a big deal it is to think people not of your religion are going to hell.  I live in Utah, I'm betting 90% of the people I interact with think I'm going to hell (or not the highest level of heaven but whatever).  I still have lovely relationships with them, I have great friends I adore and who are good people.  If JinJer continue to think I'm going to hell, but let their kid be educated, don't push religion on others obnoxiously, and don't limit her choices, thats a win.  You don't have to be accepting of everyone's beliefs to not be a fundie.

34 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I may be in the minority on this, but I really don't know what a big deal it is to think people not of your religion are going to hell.  I live in Utah, I'm betting 90% of the people I interact with think I'm going to hell (or not the highest level of heaven but whatever).  I still have lovely relationships with them, I have great friends I adore and who are good people.  If JinJer continue to think I'm going to hell, but let their kid be educated, don't push religion on others obnoxiously, and don't limit her choices, thats a win.  You don't have to be accepting of everyone's beliefs to not be a fundie.

I worry about what genuinely believing that people you’re interacting with (especially on a regular basis) are going to burn in agony for eternity due to their own wickedness actually does to you and how you view and engage with the world. The interactions on the surface may be perfectly pleasant, but what is happening on a deeper level there? When you’ve got people split into two categories - people who will be with you in heaven for eternity because they’ve repented and been saved by the grace of God vs. people who have rejected God and will be punished in a lake of fire by Satan for eternity - how does that actually affect your worldview and how you relate to other human beings?

When I was still a Christian and struggling with the concept of hell, the idea that I was going to heaven and others I knew and loved were going to hell was absolutely horrendous. It was horrifying, devastating, and every fibre of my being just screamed that it was WRONG. I guess if you’re indoctrinated into this belief from the time you’re young it might be different, but the fact that certain people might like me and enjoy a friendship with me, smile and laugh with me, support me and care for me, and all along be thinking, “Too bad she’s in for an eternity of agonizing torture when she dies” is incredibly creepy to me.

Wow, yeah, she looks just like Jeremy. The cheeks, the face/head shape. Curious to see who she looks more like as she gets a little older! Of the older Duggar daughters I feel like Jinger favors that Ruark look most, and those genes are pretty strong (I feel like most of the Duggar sons have those features). If they have a son I bet he will look more like Jinger's side than Jeremy's. 

3 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

That headpiece is absolutely hideous. I can’t even.

Spoiler

11098878.jpg

So, I finally got the video to play - in my brain, I've been pronouncing the sprog's name as Fuh-LEE-suh-tee, but they say Fuh-LIH-suh-tee.

Anyone else say it the way my brain hears it?

15 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

So - my best friend, whom I adore (lets call her Anna), is Presbyterian. I struggle with the term "fundamentalist" because that is how I view her. On one hand, Anna is the type of person that believes the bible is infallible, the earth is only 6,000 or so years old, Adam & Eve were real people, hosts bible study weekly, sex before marriage is never ok etc. On the other hand, Anna is college educated, loving of ALL people, loves to dance and act, reads* things like Game of Thrones, drinks alcohol, wears tank tops and bikinis, has a tattoo, has attended gay weddings**, would never in a million years support Trump etc.  

We often get into "debates"  or rather, "surprisingly calm discussions", about religion because I was raised Catholic and now identify as Agnostic. She is always kind and understanding and willing to answer my questions as I present them. She has NEVER tried to convince me to be a christian again. She has NEVER preached to me. She has NEVER made me to feel bad about who I am or the fact that I question the existence of God and the belief system that she built her entire life and family around. Her children call us "Aunt and Uncle Thumper". She and her husband were attendants in our wedding. She loves us and supports us fiercely.

BUT she believes we are going to hell. Flat out. No exceptions. She has told me this to my face. I suppose I should ask her how she reconciles with this. 

*They do not have cable and will not watch shows that have nudity of the opposite sex. 

** While she believes that people are born gay and has friends/family who are in same sex relationships, she does believe that it is an offense to God and strictly prohibited in the Bible. 

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I worry about what genuinely believing that people you’re interacting with (especially on a regular basis) are going to burn in agony for eternity due to their own wickedness actually does to you and how you view and engage with the world. The interactions on the surface may be perfectly pleasant, but what is happening on a deeper level there? When you’ve got people split into two categories - people who will be with you in heaven for eternity because they’ve repented and been saved by the grace of God vs. people who have rejected God and will be punished in a lake of fire by Satan for eternity - how does that actually affect your worldview and how you relate to other human beings?

When I was still a Christian and struggling with the concept of hell, the idea that I was going to heaven and others I knew and loved were going to hell was absolutely horrendous. It was horrifying, devastating, and every fibre of my being just screamed that it was WRONG. I guess if you’re indoctrinated into this belief from the time you’re young it might be different, but the fact that certain people might like me and enjoy a friendship with me, smile and laugh with me, support me and care for me, and all along be thinking, “Too bad she’s in for an eternity of agonizing torture when she dies” is incredibly creepy to me.

Thanks for this well-spoken post. I feel as you do about this issue. I think viewing other people as headed for eternal hellfire is psychologically damaging to those who hold that belief. 

What you really believe comes out in how you act and what you do. Beliefs influence our actions, always. 

14 hours ago, beepy13 said:
  Hide contents

11098878.jpg

Hey, if Jinjer are recycling their grocery store packaging, more props to them. : )

On 7/29/2018 at 9:46 AM, Carm_88 said:

I think the age where people become an adult is tough to determine now. People are in school for so long and independence is hard to get with the cost of housing prices and the sheer amount of student debt. Fundies? When do they become adults? I don't know. The Duggars were little adults for a long time, Jinger and her sisters had a lot of responsibility that the should not have had. However, they also had a shit ton of brainwashing and were taught to toe the line to the extreme. It's a weird line and makes judgment hard. 

Perhaps when they become parents? 

Some people never become parents. 

To piggyback on what others have said, hell is absolutely psychologically damaging. Google Religious Trauma Syndrome. It's real.  It's great that you as an adult are beyond the reach of their dogma. Their innocent, I repeat innocent children, are trapped in that mental and emotional abuse. I can tell you, that fear of hell was what kept me in religion for years after I would have left. It interfered with my ability to explore and form intimate relationships. Google Gay Conversion Therapy. This reprehensible practice is perpetuated by people who honestly believe they are trying to save gay youth from eternal hell fire. The dogma of hell fire is a wicked teaching, with all to horrific consequences in this world. 

Anyone else read this caption and think her message was going to be...

”I’m going to be a big sister!”

I had to remind myself that despite the fact that she’s old news at a week old with a new engagement and new season premiere, she’s not quite THAT old yet. :pb_lol: I’ll give her another 6 weeks. (Kidding!)

AF048F8A-608A-4520-857B-D1AAACB97221.jpeg

I know I've clearly spent too much time on FJ-- I had a meeting today in the office of the U.S. Representative who represents Laredo, and the whole time I was in there I was thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if he's ever met Jeremy & Jinger?"

So Felicity’s birth special is airing August 13th right after the episode where they tell everyone Jinger’s pregnant. The description mentions that she did go to the hospital (yay) but it looks like maybe she either had or was close to a c-section 

18D3173B-1B4B-4F5D-AB74-CB4EB457E633.thumb.jpeg.84d7dc1822f4f044a55f5010fc4e9318.jpeg

It’s obvious The Duggar girls have various problems giving birth and are terrible candidates for Home births and they will  well realize it by now. I honestly don’t any see them trying it out again.  

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s obvious The Duggar girls have various problems giving birth and are terrible candidates for Home births and they will  well realize it by now. I honestly don’t any see them trying it out again.  

I'll be shocked if they don't try it again.  Not Jinjer because they didn't want one, and maybe not Jill because its been so bad twice, but Jessa will, and Joy will.  Jessa has had 2, one of which was perfectly fine.  Joy is so scared of a c-section she will definitely try again.  

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived