IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

30 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

New blog post up because they’ve been watching all the little kids.

Is it me, or are there a LOT of “Jesse is great dad material” photos up??

Definitely. Their trying-to-appear-candid-but-actually-meticulously-posed pictures are blatantly obvious. Usually Anna or Mary have lots of kiddo pictures, but this time they snuck in a Jesse one. I cackled because he looks a bit stiff while holding his baby niece. Reminds me of myself every time someone forces a baby onto me. I look awkward as hell with them. 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only enjoy their posts when I can play “spot the Arnold.”

864B16D9-858E-48FF-9D1D-2C4317DF4733.jpeg

BTW what the fuck is that random writing on their kitchen window?

Elizabeth looks quite like Danny. 

It must suck so bad for Sarah to have to spend so much time around her nieces and nephews, knowing that it’s unlikely she’ll have a brood of her own. She’s been raised to be a wife and mother, told that’s her only option in life, yet she’s being denied even that.

Fuck you, Steve.

13 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Looks like Abby is following in her aunts' footsteps and being volunteered to work on houses for the menfolk. Ugh. 

I'm still stuck on "It is summer and those poor kids are having no fun in the sweltering heat."  The Maxwell grandchildren even popped into my head while I was watching my grandson doing cannonballs in the pool yesterday.  He wears a t-shirt with his bathing suit.  Why, is beyond me, but that's what he prefers.  And whatever the little prince wants, he gets.  There's no reason the parents can't slap something modest on those kids so they can enjoy splashing in the water on a hot day. 

Over the past few days, we had the opportunity to watch Nathan and Melanie’s children so they could have a dinner out and then Christopher and Anna Marie’s.

*Recently we had the opportunity to watch Nathan and Melanie's children, then Christopher and Anna Marie's, so that both couples could have a dinner out.

*Recently we babysat our nieces and nephews/grandchildren so that their parents could have a dinner out.

They dearly love their aunts + uncles + Grandpa + Grandma

*They dearly love their extended family

*They dearly love us

Now, onto our evening

*on to our evening

She’s very smart and knows where to be for the best positioning of crumbs.

*knows how to position herself in order to get crumbs

*knows how to get crumbs by positioning herself

*knows where to position herself in order to best get crumbs

*knows where to best position herself in order to get crumbs

*KNOWS WHERE TO BE TO GET CRUMBS

That first sentence you pointed out jumped out at me as well.  “.... and then Christopher and Anna Marie’s”

:jawdrop:

After that my brain kind of just skimmed the rest.  

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

I'm still stuck on "It is summer and those poor kids are having no fun in the sweltering heat."  The Maxwell grandchildren even popped into my head while I was watching my grandson doing cannonballs in the pool yesterday.  He wears a t-shirt with his bathing suit.  Why, is beyond me, but that's what he prefers.  And whatever the little prince wants, he gets.  There's no reason the parents can't slap something modest on those kids so they can enjoy splashing in the water on a hot day. 

I’m really glad I’m seeing more and more fundies allow their kids (girls and boys) to wear rash guards and swim trunks. Or even just regular bathing suits for their girls. Long swim dresses should have never been a thing.

21 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

That first sentence you pointed out jumped out at me as well.  “.... and then Christopher and Anna Marie’s”

:jawdrop:

After that my brain kind of just skimmed the rest.  

I was just coming here to try to parse that sentence. And, they are "outnumbered" without Sarah and Mary. So, it DOES take an f-ing VILLAGE to raise a kid, just like Hil said!  :highfive:

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I only enjoy their posts when I can play “spot the Arnold.”

864B16D9-858E-48FF-9D1D-2C4317DF4733.jpeg

BTW what the fuck is that random writing on their kitchen window?

That cat in the bin is adorable.  Tbh I'm sort of surprised they have one, I didn't know cats were a fundie thing

Still confused about this.  I've heard multiple people mention they don't let their children swim or play outside in water, do we know why?  Seems like plenty of other fundies are fine with swimming (usually provided the kids are wearing modest swimwear).

3 minutes ago, RavenclawPajamas said:

That cat in the bin is adorable.  Tbh I'm sort of surprised they have one, I didn't know cats were a fundie thing

The only reason they have him is because he worked his way in ;) Cats are good at that. He just showed up one day. They just fed him outside at first. Then I think they planned on letting him in the garage. And now we see plenty of pictures of him lazing about the house. Steve would have never gone out of his way to get a cat. 

I’ve been seeing lots of tees and rash guards on non-fundie kids at the beach—probably to prevent sunburn.

Jesse has always been seen engaging with the kids so I don’t know if they are now showing off his paternal skills or just highlighting him to take place of the missing Anna and Mary. He always seems comfortable with them and they with him. I will say the kids always seem confortable with the family, heads on shoulders or just laying against them. It’s some of the adults, I.e. Teri, that seems unconfortable around them. 

I think it’s great if the little kids get to learn age appropriate things about building or maintaining a house, everyone should. I wish someone would have taught me how to fix little things around the house so I don’t have someone else do it. 

The one thing I like about the Maxwell pictures is that Ellie and Arnold are always hanging around in normal animal position and not posed for the pictures. Arnold in a box and Ellie deciding it’s nap time. They always look so comfortable and above all the Maxwell madness. 

12 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I’ve been hearing about the missionaries currently stranded in Haiti due to the unrest there and wondering if perhaps Anna and Mary might be affected...

and then I come to my senses. There is no way Steve would allow those women to go to someplace as sinful as Haiti. Just think of what they might see!

On a somewhat similar note, Anna Christina of the Seven Sisters has posted on her Facebook that she is in a relationship with someone she met in Guatemala while doing missionary work there. He’s Guatamalan, no less, and is an Evangelical Christian. Someone asked her if he has met her family yet and the answer was no. It will be interesting to see where this goes. 

Steve would shit a brick. 

Aww, this is awesome! I'm happy for her. Hopefully her sisters can venture out more too.

Isn't it spelled outnumbered?

They seem to have a family tree written on the window?

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

*knows how to position herself in order to get crumbs

Eliie's here for the crumbs, y'all

40 minutes ago, Hane said:

I’ve been seeing lots of tees and rash guards on non-fundie kids at the beach—probably to prevent sunburn.

Since I'm so fair skinned wearing a body suit when I swim is the only option.  I have something like this, not too modest but helps keep my back from peeling.  https://www.amazon.com/Women-Sunsuit-Swimsuit-Protection-Swimwear/dp/B01MA32EN5/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1531326276&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=womens+full+body+swimsuit&dpPl=1&

71pwKqwKnDL._AC_UY350_.jpg

39 minutes ago, socalrules said:

The one thing I like about the Maxwell pictures is that Ellie and Arnold are always hanging around in normal animal position and not posed for the pictures. Arnold in a box and Ellie deciding it’s nap time. They always look so comfortable and above all the Maxwell madness. 

Arnold and Ellie, the best things to happen to Maxhell, are proof that pets give unconditional love.  the Maxwells are shitty people, but their cat and dog clearly love them, so the one positive thing i can say about them is that they take good care of their pets.  

on the other hand, Arnold is a cat after all, so maybe in that last one with the ofChristophers he's trying to preach at them and convert them away from Stevehovaism.  

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I was just coming here to try to parse that sentence. 

As did I! Ugh. 

And of course Steve is playing with his favorite and only beloved grandchild Joshua... His granddaughters are non-existant and the other boys are behind Joshua.

Fuck you Steve!

5 hours ago, Hane said:

Could be.  My angel baby grandson did get a sunburn at camp.  It could have scared him.  He's coming tomorrow.  I will ask him why the t-shirt. 

My kids have been wearing rash guard or swim tees since my oldest was born almost 15 years ago. I too wear a rash guard top and so does my husband. We do it for dun protection, not modesty reasons. My teen daughter has several cut bikinis she wears when we are inside or for a short time at the beach but if we are going to be out for a longer period of time the tops go on. Where we live now the sun is especially hot and it is rare to see fair skinned people without rash guard, swim tees or full body suits for sun protection. 

On 7/6/2018 at 2:44 AM, Palimpsest said:

It is not the getting into the top bunk bed that worries me.  It is the chances of falling out of it and breaking a hip for anyone much over 80.

Fallout out of the bottom bunk could do that too.

My grandfather broke his pelvis by falling when trying to catch an avocado he dropped at Aldi!

Avocados: not just killing millennials' chanced of buying a home!

On 7/9/2018 at 6:46 AM, Lisafer said:

Oh, the ads I've seen on FJ! I see Planned Parenthood a lot, but right now it's just a boring ad for the Hilton. 

I mostly see ads for thinks I've bought recently, and computery stuff (there's a lot of overlap there).

Also random online dating sites, probably because FJ is always talking about relationships :P

8 hours ago, Hane said:

I always wear a rash top.  I don't understand people's willingness to allow rays from the burning sky orb to touch their skin, and putting sunblock all over would be such a nuisance.  And the sand.. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

My kids have always worn rash guards too. It’s just safer and easier than remembering to put sunblock on. 

I don’t wear a rash top; I think I’ve worn one maybe once. I don’t go abroad that often. Sunblock/sun cream is just normal here. Kids in Europe tend to be butt naked on the beach. 

(Not the British ones so much).

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived