IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

I love how on this thread there is now an ad for a community college offering debt-free education.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

I love how on this thread there is now an ad for a community college offering debt-free education.

I'm a little jealous.  The ad I saw right on the top of the FJ page this morning was for Kirk Cameron's Fireproof!  Ewww.

14 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I'm a little jealous.  The ad I saw right on the top of the FJ page this morning was for Kirk Cameron's Fireproof!  Ewww.

Oh, the ads I've seen on FJ! I see Planned Parenthood a lot, but right now it's just a boring ad for the Hilton. 

14 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I typically see an array of engagement ring ads, which, depending where I am at on my cycle, can make me angry, indifferent, or relieved.

New post is up: “Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.”

Dear Lord, please deliver Sarah from Maxhell.

On 7/7/2018 at 4:48 PM, anniebgood said:

I got a cherry pitter from my mom last year for my birthday. I also know that if you have a wine or beer bottle, you put the cherry over the opening, take a straw and push that pit through...easy peasy. 

I'd never heard this before! Excellent tip, thanks!

7 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Dear Lord, please deliver Sarah from Maxhell.

Amen.

What would it feel like to be Sarah? Is it a fundy thing to want your kids to think your own love story is so sweet and romantic (meeting at college) but not allow them the same opportunity? It's sick. 

Jesse has hit the ground running re the reno. I think this means that a new Mrs Maxwell will join the borg shortly. Those photos seem so tight that a more suspicious person than I might thing something was being hidden. :my_undecided:

Jesse has hit the ground running re the reno. I think this means that a new Mrs Maxwell will join the borg shortly. Those photos seem so tight that a more suspicious person than I might thing something was being hidden. :my_undecided:

That totally hadn’t occurred to me but dollars to doughnuts there will be a new resident of Maxhell by the end of the year.

On 7/7/2018 at 5:02 PM, Scrabblemaster said:

My parents have three cherry trees in their garden and we always played 'kirschkern-weitspucken', which means something like: who spits the cherry stone the farthest away. My dad always won  wins. I just realized we still play it when we visit my parents in summer and are lucky enough to be there when the cherries are ripe. 

We do the same thing. My parents have a huge cherry tree in their garden and I really hope I'll manage to visit them before all the cherries are overly ripe.

I love this cherry thread drift!

My husbands side of the family makes cherry cake, but they keep the pits in. When we were sitting at the table eating it (and removing the pits from our mouths as we ate) I asked why the pits are kept in. Apparently the cherries taste better, and the juice comes out if you remove the pits beforehand :5624798e9d94f_No-clue-man-no-clue-shurg: I think it's more of a family tradition, like great-grandma never took them out so neither did grandma or mom or Mr. Nomoxian.

There’s a new post about Jesse’s renovations. He’s taking it all the way to the studs so he’s doing a lot of work. I don’t believe he’s doing all that work just to rent it out. He might be doing all that work to flip it. But not rent it. I think he’s doing all this work now because he saw Chelsy and John scrambling to get theirs done before the wedding. I think he may have a girl in mind or maybe he’s just decided he wants to get married soon and he will find a girl. Now that his BFF brother is gone, he must be itching to get out of Maxhell too. We should look up the house and see if it’s close to Joe and John. 

Poor Sarah says Forgotten Jesse is between renters.  Bullshit on that one.  I bet he kicked the heathens out and has no intention of renting out.  Ever.

5 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

That totally hadn’t occurred to me but dollars to doughnuts there will be a new resident of Maxhell by the end of the year.

How the hell is he going to manage to support her and their eventual brood?

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Sarah says Forgotten Jesse is between renters.  Bullshit on that one.  I bet he kicked the heathens out and has no intention of renting out.  Ever.

OK, which FJer rented the house and turned it into a sex dungeon? 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I would if I could take John prisoner

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The Maxwells would totally be the kind of landlords who just let themselves in whenever they want without advance notice to make sure the tenants are keeping things tidy and not doing anything they wouldn’t approve of.

I once rented a house from an elderly couple like that. I’d come in and they’d be in my kitchen complaining that I was a filthy housekeeper because I’d left my cereal bowl in the sink before work instead of washing it right away. They went through my stuff in the basement and complained that they didn’t like the things I was storing down there (it was literally just papers and stuff in boxes, nothing weird or smelly or dangerous). I had a baby 8 months into the lease and they’d let themselves in and I’d walk into the living room to find them cooing over my daughter in her swinging chair.

I finally lost it and yelled at them, and then they called my husband to tell him that I was a very rude woman, but what can you expect from a feminist who went to college, and they wanted to let him know because he needed to straighten me out.

That would be the Maxwell way.

Edited because I just remembered another one! They told me my husband might be straying because they’d seen another woman coming and going from our house over the last few days and she was clearly staying overnight. It was my cousin who was visiting for a week to help me with the baby. I was very aware she was there, considering was my freaking cousin and I’d invited her.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:17 AM, browngrl said:

I also feel sorry for the Maxwell grandchildren but not for this particular activity. My nieces and nephews LOVED washing dishes. I'd fill a sink with warm soapy water, hand the child some plastic plates and spoons to wash and let them go to town. It was a glorious watery mess and the kids loved it. We'd often dress up with chef's hats and aprons to add a cosplay fun angle. 

There's nothing wrong with kids playing in the sink.  My own kids did too.  There's something wrong when little ones aren't allowed to splash in the pool or at the beach. 

If Jess is going to rent it out, will the lease agreement ban the tenant from having a BEAST, plus grape juice and music with a beat?

12 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

If Jess is going to rent it out, will the lease agreement ban the tenant from having a BEAST, plus grape juice and music with a beat?

Whoa.... they shun grape juice? Pink or white or luscious dark purple concords? Talk about heathens... oh my.  

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We should look up the house and see if it’s close to Joe and John. 

It's not up yet.  I checked.  lol 

Not that I should talk because my family is always up in each other's faces, but...Don't they give those kids any peace?  There's a whole parade of people trailing behind every time someone does a project.  The whole brigade butts in.  Everyone gets to the point where they say "Get away from me now before I have a nervous breakdown."  I need my alone time. 

5 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

they’d let themselves in and I’d walk into the living room to find them cooing over my daughter in her swinging chair.

I'd call the fucking cops. 

I yelled at them and that was cathartic enough. The husband let himself in a few weeks later and asked if we'd be renewing the lease. I said no and he said, "Well, tell your husband I was asking and then ask him to let me know what he decides."

I was like, "We are not renewing the lease. We're moving out," and he kept repeating, "Your husband needs to make this decision, ask him to let me know what he decides."

God, I was so glad to move away from those loons.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived