IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

T-shirt dress, straggly hair, not much color that we can see... and smiles that do not match the happiness one would expect for the occasion.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josiah has such stiff body posture, I'm pretty certain I could move his limbs about like an action figure. 

18 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Edit: And BOOM the photo is gone off her Instagram. 

Somebody got in trouble!  (read in a sing songy tattle tale voice ;)  )

Just now, Sister Mozz said:

T-shirt dress, straggly hair, not much color that we can see... and smiles that do not match the happiness one would expect for the occasion.

At least the flowers are beautiful :/

I don’t really like her hair, I wish at least one more of the girls would wear an updo like Jinger. Hopefully Abbie!

also she seems to be wearing barely any makeup but I think the pic was taken before the wedding (Josiah has no wedding band) so maybe they retouched it right before the ceremony. 

As for the dress, I like it so far, it looks simple and elegant. I do wanna see the full look.

The dress doesn't look as bad as some of the modesty alterations simply because it's plain. It's not my ideal look and they look a bit dazed, but it could just be the overwhelming day - it's hard enough for us regular people, let alone fundies.

Regardless, I hope they have as safe, comfortable and free a marriage as is possible given their circumstances and that they are happy together. That's all I can really hope for.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder what color of pastel the groomsmen will wear? I expect Josiah's wedding to have a bit of flair to it. 

Does the People article have lots of info and details or just the basics stating they married? And is there lots of different pics or just that one that someone already posted above? Sorry People website doesn't work here for me lately.

I can't decide if their faces are "[Sound of Silence playing in the distance]" or "We would much rather be making the beast with two backs right now". 

Trying  to reserve judgement on the dress until I see the full thing in detail. At least it doesn't seem to be made of the horrid taffeta Anna had.  Stay tuned for a Jinder's dresses update! 

P.s: I know you can't tell much of anything from one staged pic, but they look so off. 

2 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Random, but does anyone know Lauren's middle name?

Milagro (Miracle in Spanish)

Just now, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Does the People article have lots of info and details or just the basics stating they married? And is there lots of different pics or just that one that someone already posted above? Sorry People website doesn't work here for me lately.

It contains ESSENTIAL INFORMATION like she's Christlike.

it says what all of them say. they're so happy to be married. and only one pic as far as i could see.

2 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

The only picture is the one already posted upthread. It's mostly basic info: 8 bridesmaids, Jana and Anna sewed the bridesmaid dresses, and they got married at the Cathedral of the Ozarks (same as JinJer). There were cupcakes, a candy bar and a heart-shaped strawberry shortcake wedding cake at the reception (aka no real food). That's all I believe.

Lauren’s wedding look is so blah to me, which is a shame because she is a very pretty girl. I can’t make a judgement call on the dress yet since you can’t see the entire thing in the picture, but her hair was disappointing because I think she could have done so much more with it.

Also, the fact that Jana and Anna had to make all the bridesmaids’ dresses makes me so angry.

17 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

If you click that link, there's a promotional video for the boutique that's a real snark blessing.

Hahaha. I had looked at the website, but not the video.

I have to say, I doubt Lauren partook of the apparently complimentary Prosecco. Even if she wasn't against drinking, she's not even old enough to do so! *sigh*

That's an -- interesting -- video. I didn't know Rogers was such an amazing draw for people, clearly I'm missing out! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I agree that they don't actually look all that happy in the photo.  I know not to read too much into that, though. I also thought Jinger had a really awkward, unnatural smile in her wedding photos.

well, cant find any congrats videos or pictures of the bridesmaids.  Really interested to see what Jana was forced to sew

@The Wanderer The dress thing makes me angry, too. That's a lot of work, and from last time Jana had to make the dresses, neither was probably given enough credit for it. 

I kind of hope that if Jana ever is allowed to marry, she goes super Bridezilla and makes a million demands of her sisters and sisters-in-law. 

For their special day, the bride chose a wedding gown from The White Dress Boutique, while her eight bridesmaids wore blush-colored dresses handmade by Jana Duggar and Josh Duggar’s wife Anna.

The ceremony was officiated by Lauren’s father Dwain Swanson, and the romantic theme incorporated flowers, wood and iron. For their wedding colors, the couple chose a combination of grey and blue, pink and olive, plus green and white.

That's a lot of colors!

Aw, I don’t know, I actually think the T-shirt dress really suited her. It makes her look even younger somehow, but she really is a beautiful girl, and maybe plain is just her style. 

I agree about the hair and the dead eyes though. It looks like an arranged marriage where neither of them are thrilled and/or are terrified. And if they are going to insist on all doing their own hair, can’t someone learn how to make it stand up to last the whole day? 

From the one picture we've seen so far, Lauren's dress looked kinda like Meghan Markle's(Not comparing the two. The simpleness of style reminded me of Meghan though). I will refrain any kind of judgement until we get a better look.

However, she does look like the typical Duggar bride. Hair down, no makeup. At least it doesn't look like this dress was altered to appear more modest. It just is a modest t shirt style dress. Jill, Michaella Bates, Erin Bates and Joy all looked like they were wearing tablecloths and would have been better off buying a dress that didn't need ridiculous alterations. 

I wonder who all the bridesmaids were. 

Josiah has this what the hell did I just do look on his face. Their smiles look forced, and they don't look happy.

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Milagro (Miracle in Spanish)

Have we ever gotten confirmation of that? I don’t remember seeing a source for that and, iirc, there was another middle name floating around, as well. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived