IGNORED

Seewalds 34: No News Yet

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Sure, with cloth diapers potty training makes things easier.  With disposables it really doesn't.  My mom was potty trained at about 1 year.  We didn't even consider until our LO was 2.

I was born in 1977. Cloth diapers but no potty training until 2 or 2 and a half.

A generation before, it was done at 18 months or earlier.

Difference? It's called washing machine.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom had told me that I was potty trained at 3 months (for poo only). She would run and hold me on the toilet so I could potty there. Evidently I had her well-trained. Of course, this was in the early fifties. Cloth diapers, laundromat laundering had some influence on this, I’m sure. But I know it wasn’t entirely uncommon.

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Sorry, I'm not a toddler expert, but 2 1/2 doesn't sound that old to me to still be in diapers?

I don’t know why this person felt the need to critique Jessa on this considering Jessa most likely potty trained several of her younger brothers (whoever it was it damn sure wasn’t Michelle). Readiness for potty training (I’m still trying to figure it out myself!) very much depends on the child and trying to force it before they’re ready can affect them emotionally and sometimes even physically. 

17 hours ago, neurogirl said:

The 70s hair! It's too much!

It's so weird, I can't see much of JB in his kids, besides maybe James and whichever one of the younger twins it is. They really seem to favour Ruark - JD and Jinger look like Michelle's dad, and Jackson and Josie really resemble her as a child. Boob contributes pillow lips and a long philtrum (what?), and all grandbabies somehow look just like him, but on the whole it's weird that with 19 progeny, his childhood photo doesn't really put me strongly in mind of any of them.

2 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

It's so weird, I can't see much of JB in his kids, besides maybe James and whichever one of the younger twins it is. They really seem to favour Ruark - JD and Jinger look like Michelle's dad, and Jackson and Josie really resemble her as a child. Boob contributes pillow lips and a long philtrum (what?), and all grandbabies somehow look just like him, but on the whole it's weird that with 19 progeny, his childhood photo doesn't really put me strongly in mind of any of them.

I guess they just really lucky naming James since he was the one who turned out to look very Duggar. LOL 

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Jill , Jana and Joy look like him. 

Jessa looks like no one

interestingly though it seems that Joy is really starting to look like Jessa now. a few times I saw Joy and was sure it was Jessa during the Siren wedding. 

I think Jessa is pretty unique, though others look like her.  If you look at pictures, Jessa and Joe are most similar in looks. For Joy i've seen Jessa, and Jill in her.  And yes, so is Johannah! I have seen all of the older girls in her though I think she looks like Jana most. though that seems to be changing with age so we will see! The rest of them are pretty starkly looking straight up like jim bob or michelle or another sibling. Side note, Josie looks like Michelle and also as far as siblings she and Jackson are extremely similar in looks. 

18 hours ago, neurogirl said:

The 70s hair! It's too much!

Always helmet hair. LOL.

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

It's so weird, I can't see much of JB in his kids, besides maybe James and whichever one of the younger twins it is.

I think Jana looks a lot like him (her face shape and eyes), sorry Jana. I mean like the pretty version, ya know.

I will concede that Jill looks a lot like him. Somehow - despite her best efforts - I'd forgotten about her. Deanna looks like Jeremiah in a wig. I do mean that nicely.

Late to the party....

Kid leashes...used them. I think one time I clipped a dog leash to the back of #2 son's pants (didn't have a kid leash)...he was a fast little fucker with the attention span of a flea. Used a kid leash on the grandson quite a bit. Little dude started walking at 9 months and would NOT sit in a stroller, shopping cart or anything like that. He'd only want to be carried if he was tired...so...leash time. 

Potty training...went thru everything from "mommy, I'm a big girl, I went in the big girl potty" with the epic fight to put SOMETHING on her bare butt long enough to buy her underwear to "damn kid, you're 3 1/2 and STILL shit your pants?". 

Babies and food...my grandmother fed my 6 week old daughter sauerkraut. 

For most of history baby food did not exist or most people could not afford it so they just ate cut up or moistened whatever the adults ate. And babies went bare ass to poop and pee  where they would or just stuck in hole all day over  bucket.. cloth was way to expensive  and hard to make for a child to shit in.

Since we're still in the potty training discussion, how does it work with twins?

I'm helping a friend watch her littles while their Tia is visiting home and they're trying to do both potty training and toddler bed transition for their little climbers at once. As it stands, if they go to the toilet or ask to go (even if they don't quite make it or get there and can't go) we blow up a balloon and they put it in their old crib. They're 26 month old fraternal girls talking quite a bit who can clearly express these particular needs (though other language hurdles are still very frustrating).

I'm keeping with the routine they've set and have no intention of interfering or changing it, but I am curious about other methods.

Toddler bed transition AND potty training at once? With 26 month twins? I broke out into a cold sweat just reading that.

18 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

If you look at Hannie recently depending on the Photo she resembles Jana or Joy or even Jinger LOL

Hannie is 100% Josh.

8 hours ago, cascarones said:

Since we're still in the potty training discussion, how does it work with twins?...snip

My twins are 2.5 and since they are pretty much inseparable they are getting "trained" together. I'm doing the same thing I did with my oldest in that I waited until they showed interest. Now, whenever they ask to go to the potty we go but they still do 75% in their diapers. When one asks to go, as soon as they're off the toilet, the other is asking to go on. LOL. Oddly, my son got peeing down much faster than his sister even though I've always heard that girls potty train faster.

@cascarones With me and my twin brother, he was ahead at like 1.5 while I was 4. My parents wanted to kill two birds with one stone but I just wasn't feeling it! It was every milestone besides speech where we just weren't on the same timeline and they just had to realize that they'd have to do everything twice! They would offer it to both of us (ie: hey lets try the little potty first! or do you need to use the potty? while we played, and just took my brother since he showed more interest). 

It's also interesting just because my brother had delayed speech so I wonder how he was able to communicate with my parents while speech was the only thing I was ahead of him in. 

On 7/19/2018 at 3:41 PM, AprilQuilt said:

Jill looks exactly like JB

On 7/19/2018 at 4:01 PM, tabitha2 said:

If you look at Hannie recently depending on the Photo she resembles Jana or Joy or even Jinger LOL

Josh!

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived