IGNORED

Seewalds 34: No News Yet

Coconut Flan

Eldest was 12 before we finally got him out of nappies completely! He has autism and we knew he would get there eventually, all in his own good time.

Youngest was just over 3, she initiated it and I can't even remember her having any accidents

I didn't use reins, mainly because eldest went straight from a buggy into a maclaren major  and daughter was just so good even as a very small toddler

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2018 at 6:41 PM, AprilQuilt said:

It's so weird, I can't see much of JB in his kids, besides maybe James and whichever one of the younger twins it is. They really seem to favour Ruark - JD and Jinger look like Michelle's dad, and Jackson and Josie really resemble her as a child. Boob contributes pillow lips and a long philtrum (what?), and all grandbabies somehow look just like him, but on the whole it's weird that with 19 progeny, his childhood photo doesn't really put me strongly in mind of any of them.

Jill looks more like JB than Michelle's side to me.

Only Josh and Jinger have her coloring out of all those kids which I find interesting. I believe Jinger most resembles her all together. 

I still don’t know that the Milkman wasn’t visiting Michelle for Jessa. :)

In my opinion Jennifer is going to be the beauty of the family and Jordyn is lovely as well.

phq8gdhtkw1.png

9 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Only Josh and Jinger have her coloring out of all those kids which I find interesting. I believe Jinger most resembles her all together. 

I still don’t know that the Milkman wasn’t visiting Michelle for Jessa. :)

In my opinion Jennifer is going to be the beauty of the family and Jordyn is lovely as well.

phq8gdhtkw1.png

are Jessa and Jinger the closest siblings in age? (Not counting Jordyn and Josie because of how premie Josie was) 

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Yes. I believe about 15 months apart. I understand Jessa was always the dominate one.

they are less then 14 months apart Jessa being Born November 4th 1992 and Jinger born December 21st 1993 I just couldn't remember if anyone else was closer.  

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

they are less then 14 months apart Jessa being Born November 4th 1992 and Jinger born December 21st 1993 I just couldn't remember if anyone else was closer.  

I think Jordyn and Josie are, but only because Josie was premature. If I remember correctly, they are about 12 months apart. If Josie was on time they would have been at least 15/16 months apart. 

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Actually Jinger and Joe are closer. 13 months. She was born December 21st and he January 20th.

No. But Apparently Ben is exempt from  criticism because he is not Derick ;) 

I once expressed the opinion I did not see the difference between them  in that respect and we had no idea how  Ben made us money and got royally handslapped. Odd that. 

In all seriousness Only Jeremy and Austin are actually working at paying jobs that we know of. 

I think Wreck gets criticized on here more than Ben because he 1) already has an education he doesn't use 2) abandoned the career said education gave him to aimlessly mess around with pretend ministry and now probably law school 3) he's like 6 years older than Ben and 4) Wreck is a douche on Twitter and in Jill's videos, whereas Ben keeps a lower social media profile and seems to have positive interactions with his boys whenever he's featured in a Jessa video.

Last I heard I think Ben is in school and does odd jobs for JB? 

We don’t know exactly what Ben does. We do know that he doesn’t appear to change his mind every five seconds, drag his wife and kids around with him from one failed scheme to the next, harass people on social media, or beg strangers on the internet for money to fund his latest ill-advised plans. All reasons Ben isn’t criticized as much as Derick.

Ben is also anti-Trump, which doesn't mean he's not fundie and awful in other ways, but that alone does put him ahead of Derick.

59 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Ben is also anti-Trump, which doesn't mean he's not fundie and awful in other ways, but that alone does put him ahead of Derick.

All we actually know is that Ben didn’t vote for Trump (or Clinton). He may have come around and jumped on the Trump train since then, like a lot of evangelicals. Or maybe not, but I don’t think he’s spoken about it in a long time.

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

All we actually know is that Ben didn’t vote for Trump (or Clinton). He may have come around and jumped on the Trump train since then, like a lot of evangelicals. Or maybe not, but I don’t think he’s spoken about it in a long time.

Maybe, but I don't know anyone who didn't vote for Trump but has since become a supporter. The phenomenon of people being anti-Trump but then getting on board was largely pre-election, as they decided that they had to ignore their misgivings and vote for Trump anyway.

At any rate, I appreciate that he didn't vote for Trump.

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

What does Ben do for work again? I know everyone makes fun of Derick but how is Ben any different?

Ben does work. We don't know at what, but he works for JB in some form. Whether it's cleaning up rental properties or doing general maintenance, he is at least doing something. Plus he is also studying at Moody online. A good point is that Ben did not set up a gofundme or gofundme like website to fund his education. If JB is paying for it, he's paying for it; but Ben didn't try to grift from people. Not since the wedding registry grab.

Derick also has a degree that he could use to get a job and seems to not want to do that. Ben also has the TLC money, which Derick doesn't. Is it good that they are still making money like that? No, but they're working. Derick and Jill don't even have that anymore.

I don't buy Derick's volunteering story for a minute.  

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Ben does work. We don't know at what, but he works for JB in some form. Whether it's cleaning up rental properties or doing general maintenance, he is at least doing something. Plus he is also studying at Moody online. A good point is that Ben did not set up a gofundme or gofundme like website to fund his education. If JB is paying for it, he's paying for it; but Ben didn't try to grift from people. Not since the wedding registry grab.

Derick also has a degree that he could use to get a job and seems to not want to do that. Ben also has the TLC money, which Derick doesn't. Is it good that they are still making money like that? No, but they're working. Derick and Jill don't even have that anymore.

add to that. the Seewalds seem steady especially compared to the flighty Dillards. Since being married they have stayed in one place. they don't get into constant online fights. they seem involved with their two children. 

the Dillards have lived in multiple different places in the few short years of their marriage.  they have flown back and forth for missionary work that never really panned out. Derick has changed jobs so many times it's hard to keep track. he fights with any and everyone. including the show that his job. add to that. Jill post some scetchy ass things on social Media that really brings their parenting into question on a daily basis. 

58 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

43 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

add to that. the Seewalds seem steady especially compared to the flighty Dillards. Since being married they have stayed in one place. they don't get into constant online fights. they seem involved with their two children. 

the Dillards have lived in multiple different places in the few short years of their marriage.  they have flown back and forth for missionary work that never really panned out. Derick has changed jobs so many times it's hard to keep track. he fights with any and everyone. including the show that his job. add to that. Jill post some scetchy ass things on social Media that really brings their parenting into question on a daily basis. 

Additionally, we learned that Ben was doing an actual internship at Harvard Avenue Baptist Church* at some point on top of his school work and other responsibilities. 

*I think the Church has since been renamed or rebranded as Covenant Church. 

Jessa hanging out with Sierra again. we hadn't heard much about Sierra and the Duggars since after Joy's wedding I was seriously starting to think there was some type of fallout there. 

20 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jessa hanging out with Sierra again. we hadn't heard much about Sierra and the Duggars since after Joy's wedding I was seriously starting to think there was some type of fallout there. 

It sounds like Jessa has not hung out with Sierra and Kristen Young (the other blonde from the other pictures) in a long time.

Kristen Young wrote: MISS Y’ALL and our T4L dates  :( @jessaseewald @ sierrajodominguez

Jess’a could easily be pregnant there or not. Her hair is impressive though. 

And my two cents on appearances, I think Jessa resembles JB a lot more than she does Michelle. Especially around the mouth. 

Jessa looks like Michelle's late sister Kathie

Spoiler

106784863_136345877006.jpg

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvNX8dbHpaiyF-WBYsfJ3

Very little Duggar in her, she looks more Ruark.

holy novel Jessa. and it's not even over. to read the full thing you have to go to her blog. 

here is the part that couldn't make it on the picture. 

When it came to hobbies, y’all weren’t quick to run off in separate directions, but would rather do things together as a couple and with us kids! Family hikes or camping trips, bike rides or fishing on the lake. Hide and seek around the house, board games, and family devotions in the evenings. Weekend road trips to Silver Dollar City, or dollar ice cream cones at the local burger house. In the winter time, we’d beg y’all to take us on a “family drive”, just riding around in the van together, looking at Christmas lights. You gave us YOU— your time, your attention, your interaction— and that’s the best gift a spouse or child could dream of having. Being a wife and mama now myself, I look back on these memories and they mean the world to me.

You parented consistently together and strove to keep your household rules and expectations on the same page. You’d help out with the parent duties whenever they arose, whether it was dealing with a bad attitude or binding up a boo boo. When there was a diaper to be changed or a spill to clean up, whoever came upon it would jump right in and get to work. Neither of you had a 50/50 mindset. We saw you both striving to give 110%.

Growing up, we all knew how much Mom and Dad looked forward to their weekly date. Y’all made time together a priority, and it didn’t have to be a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant. Sometimes it was a drive-thru dessert date. Other times it was grocery shopping, looking at a piece of real estate, taking a drive around town, or a walk in the park. Whatever the case, y’all just love being together, and it’s so sweet to see!

I’m so thankful God’s given you these years together, and may He bless you with many, many more! I love you both!

-Jes

Now excuse well I try to not throw up at all the falseness in this whole post. 

40 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

holy novel Jessa. and it's not even over. to read the full thing you have to go to her blog. 

here is the part that couldn't make it on the picture. 

Now excuse well I try to not throw up at all the falseness in this whole post. 

"Having kids keeps you young"? Don't make me laugh. Most people I know with an average amount of kids looks 5-10 years older.

If that's not odd enough, since when has someone found seeing their parents kiss endearing? My parents are rarely affectionate when I'm around, but on the rare times they are. . .:martian-disgust:

I never understood lengthy, praising Instagram (or any social media site) posts. The fact Jessa felt the need to write an essay about her parent's relationship only shows that she's looking for validation and trying to convince herself that her parent's relationship is better than is (probably) actually is. My parents have a decent relationship, but I feel no obligation to talk about it on any of my social media accounts, because I know it's true and don't need validation.

Also, I cannot physically comprehend Jim Boob compromising on splitting parental duties. I've heard about studies showing that even in the most liberal couples where both parties promise to split the work, women end up doing far more caretaking than men ever do. Besides, knowing Boob, he wouldn't feel the need to jump on to cleaning a mess when he can ask one of his daughters to do it instead. :my_dodgy:

On 7/21/2018 at 6:42 PM, Clairice said:

I didn't use reins, mainly because eldest went straight from a buggy into a maclaren major  and daughter was just so good even as a very small toddler

? Translation please.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived