IGNORED

Lori Alexander 47: Frugal ... Sort of ... For a rich person

4 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Oh my God. STOP.  Just stop. Unless you can produce a source for such a ridiculous claim, you need to shut up. 

Also, Lori is a shitty person. Defending her is therefore shitty. Stop being shitty. 

I don’t have to be quiet. Ignore me if I bother you. I learned how to use this function on this site today since removing accounts isn’t allowed. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, sorry. I don't ignore assholes who think it's cool to tell people their seriously ill loved ones are burning in hell.

26 minutes ago, Krissy said:

It is the ultimate sin. Some pastors preach different and without fail someone afterwards kills themselves. Makes me angry 

Ok. The more experienced board members have been patiently taking apart the things you have been saying and explaining how they disagree. I don't need to step in for that, I'm a newbie.

But as somebody who has struggled often with suicidal ideation and desire for suicide, I want to say for somebody who might be reading your words: Suicide is NOT "the ultimate sin." People who are already struggling do not need guilt heaped on their heads. Being told my mental illness was sin did not help me, it made me feel worse and pushed me into deeper darkness. 

You know what suicidal people need? They need people who care. People who listen. People who help. Love. Acceptance. Therapy. NOT talk of sin and threats of hell.

1 minute ago, Evangeline said:

No, sorry. I don't ignore assholes who think it's cool to tell people their seriously ill loved ones are burning in hell.

I didn’t say burn in hell. But I don’t think it should even be a question and if it is than that person is looking for a green light to do it and I’m not going to give it to them

I didn’t say burn in hell. But I don’t think it should even be a question and if it is than that person is looking for a green light to do it and I’m not going to give it to them

That is ... remarkably unfeeling. O.O
Suicide is far more complex than your apparent understanding of it.

26 minutes ago, Krissy said:

I don’t know if it’s selfish or what is considered Godly in their culture even our own culture. People value hard working men or women. They get a lot of positive reinforcement when they are married to godly hard working men so to them it’s a reenforcement of their values.

Also these women are having a lot of children and most have no education. How are they suppose to afford quality daycare while bringing in a minimum wage? Or nice clothes and a working car? 

If it works well for a couple, in their specific situation and with their combination of temperaments, abilities, and opportunities, one partner staying at home can indeed make good sense. Likewise, it may make good sense for them both to work.

Lori is against couples having that choice.

Also, Lori is deeply invested in helping create a generation of uneducated, minimum-wage-only women, making them so before they’ve even begun to consider for themselves what they want. That’s inhumane.

Even women who do enjoy being stay at home moms and are utterly fulfilled by that role may find themselves forced into needing to work by unfortunate circumstances. Or they may love it while the kids are small and then wish for something different when they get older.

I’m confused by the way you devil’s advocate for Lori. What’s your deal?

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

That is ... remarkably unfeeling. O.O
Suicide is far more complex than your apparent understanding of it.

Oh, I’m sorry I’m just some idiot. Please enlighten me with all your knowledge you assume I don’t have. Gosh, I’m just so stupid compared to all of you

2 minutes ago, Petronella said:

If it works well for a couple, in their specific situation and with their combination of temperaments, abilities, and opportunities, one partner staying at home can indeed make good sense. Likewise, it may make good sense for them both to work.

Lori is against couples having that choice.

Also, Lori is deeply invested in helping create a generation of uneducated, minimum-wage-only women, making them so before they’ve even begun to consider for themselves what they want. That’s inhumane.

Even women who do enjoy being stay at home moms and are utterly fulfilled by that role may find themselves forced into needing to work by unfortunate circumstances. Or they may love it while the kids are small and then wish for something different when they get older.

I’m confused by the way you devil’s advocate for Lori. What’s your deal?

Well I’ve had my intelligence insulted in here too so you’re better?

2 minutes ago, Krissy said:

Oh, I’m sorry I’m just some idiot. Please enlighten me with all your knowledge you assume I don’t have. Gosh, I’m just so stupid compared to all of you

I don’t agree with her keeping women uneducated 

5 minutes ago, Krissy said:

well im that case Lori deleting th suicide hotline and thus denying a person help when they thought of killing themselves makes her an awful human being amd christian too right?

1 minute ago, Krissy said:

I honestly don’t know what you’re asking. Am I more knowledgeable about Lori and what she teaches? Yes. Many people on this thread are.

You asked questions about Lori and people answered. You made wrong assertions/suggestions about Lori’s history and what she really means, so people have given you correct information from Lori’s previous posts.

This seems to make you angry. I find your anger confusing.

59 minutes ago, Krissy said:

Oh honey. It’s like you don’t even go here. If I wanted to call you stupid or call you a fucking moron, I would just do it. You may notice I did neither of those things in my post.

As it is, you just appear to not have as much life experience as some and think you know everything, much like me when I first came to FJ eleventy years ago. I listened and learned from people who had different experiences than me. I recommend you consider doing the same. 

Just now, Destiny said:

Oh honey. It’s like you don’t even go here. If I wanted to call you stupid or call you a fucking moron, I would just do it. 

As it is, you just appear to not have as much life experience as some and think you know everything, much like me when I first came to FJ eleventy years ago. I listened and learned from people who had different experiences than me. I recommend you consider doing the same. 

Ok. I have zero life experience lol. I would have to respect someone to take their advice in the first place. I’m sure that goes both ways

And it's hard to grasp for somone who has never been clinically depressed to understand that state of mind even if they try.

Imagine a devout person in so much suffering that even the threat of hell. Seems more bearable than their life right now because a lot of them still commit suicide despite the threats

10 minutes ago, Krissy said:

Then what happens to a person who commits the ultimate sin? Are you aware that only one sin is mentioned in the Bible as being unforgivable? It's blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, not suicide.

Unfortunately, it seems clear you're an extremely ignorant and privileged person. And it's becoming more clear why you're defending Lori. You don't seem to know the first thing about mental illness or working for a living, and you clearly don't care to. You'd rather spout off ignorant opinions than learn. Most of us here aren't too keen on that version of Christianity, and many of us are biblically literate enough to show you're incorrect. So, good luck. 

9 minutes ago, Krissy said:

No one needs your permission to do anything with their life.  Mind your own fucking business.  What a busybody you are.

17 minutes ago, Krissy said:

If it’s preached as ok people will just end their lives instead of doing Gods work in living a holy life or finding joy in this life. For people who do believe in the Bible you can’t talk solely about depression but about their salvation too and the account they are going to give to God when their life is over. 

I do get highly upset when I’ve heard preachers preach it’s not a sin and someone does the unthinkable. Mark Driscoll comes to mind right off the top of my head. That guy killed himself after reaching out to him. The whole incident could have been prevented if that pastor took the guy more seriously

Do some research on suicide, please! No one can give another person the idea that suicide is a good  idea unless the person is already very depressed. They might not talk about it but the thought is already in their head. The reasons for suicide are more complex than you know.  I don’t think anyone should judge another person’s pain or reasons for suicide....and using God as a cudgel to a suicide person is pretty shitty, IMO. 

Most suicidal people are severely depressed or struggling with other mental illnesses. They think about suicide a long time before doing anything, usually. It is not a moral failure to consider suicide and implying that is rather harsh & simplistic. It is far better to offer support and help getting them professional, certified mental health.

Some people here have mental health struggles and you will get called out for this crap!

7 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Then what happens to a person who commits the ultimate sin? Are you aware that only one sin is mentioned in the Bible as being unforgivable? It's blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, not suicide.

Unfortunately, it seems clear you're an extremely ignorant and privileged person. And it's becoming more clear why you're defending Lori. You don't seem to know the first thing about mental illness or working for a living, and you clearly don't care to. You'd rather spout off ignorant opinions than learn. Most of us here aren't too keen on that version of Christianity, and many of us are biblically literate enough to show you're incorrect. So, good luck. 

You’re right I’ve never held a job and just been nothing but privileged for my whole life (eye roll emoji) I will research the scriptures about sucide and get back to this topic later

1 hour ago, Krissy said:

It is the ultimate sin. Some pastors preach different and without fail someone afterwards kills themselves. Makes me angry 

Let me just tell you something right now, suicide is NOT a sin.  Go find me the scripture that says suicide is the "ultimate sin".  I'll wait.  You won't find it either. 

Educate yourself.  Suicide is the act of a hurting, hopeless, desperate person.  You clearly do not have a clue.

I don't believe there is a hell, but if there was, it makes no sense that people who lived hell on earth, would go on to hell in eternity.  I think it's a lot more likely that the assholes who called suicide victims "selfish" and "hell bound" would be the ones going...

I'll tell you something else for free.  People don't commit suicide because their pastors failed to scare them out of it.  They do it because they are hurt.  My God...

I am sorry guys, I've tried to ignore her, but this took the cake.  Damn...

40 minutes ago, Krissy said:

I don’t have to be quiet. Ignore me if I bother you. I learned how to use this function on this site today since removing accounts isn’t allowed. 

No, removing accounts isn't allowed.  Posting, however, isn't required.  

I don't really care what anyone says (in general), but when you start trashing suicide victims and abused women, you're gonna run out of gas here real fast.  

Ok. I have zero life experience lol. I would have to respect someone to take their advice in the first place. I’m sure that goes both ways

Apparently also no reading comprehension skills either because I didn’t say that. I hope at some point in the future you learn to talk less and listen more, because the people in your life can teach you many things if you stop being defensive and learn to listen and comprehend other points of view.

FJ was that for me at what I assume based on your behaviour is probably close to your age and life experience. I hope you find something that opens your eyes and broadens your horizons.

2 hours ago, Krissy said:

I’ve read a lot of these articles including studies that state where abusive men/women  do stop abusing with time...

Great plan.  Just wait your abuser out...  

Maybe they'll stop hitting you, and maybe you'll end up on the 10 o'clock news.  It's a crap shoot.

Seriously, where am I?  What the fuck am I reading?

40 minutes ago, Krissy said:

I’ve read near death experiences of people who have lived through a sucide attempt and they describe darkness and regret not the bright light like others who haven’t almost died from sucide.

Lady, are you serious?  Do you believe everything you read?  You don't even know how to spell it, so do us all a favor and spare us your unsubstantiated bullshit.  I have never in my life...

I'm so thankful there are members on this site who are able to articulate how I feel about certain subjects whilst also remaining rational and well spoken, because @Krissy, you're really starting to piss me off. 

What is the point of being on this site if you're not willing to open your mind and expand your views? Because you're not doing a great job of proving or explaining your own beliefs with theological backing. Oh, suicide is a sin, is it? Tell us where exactly in scripture it says that, or shut up about it. And, yeah, I do mean shut up. 

Suicidal people don't need people like you, who say their feelings of hopelessness, pain, and inescapable torment are 'sinful', or people like Lori, who delete the help these people need it when other people give it. Maybe you don't actually give a shit about those suffering with suicidal thoughts/ideations, and that's 'fine' (not really but whatever), but don't pretend you care when all you seem to think it prudent to do is scare them into living a life they don't want to live. 

As fucking if suicidal people don't already blame themselves for everything anyway. 

As for Christians who commit suicide, what an utterly sad and lonely, awful life they must live to believe that the hell awaiting them for suicide would be easier to bear than the one they experience on Earth. Maybe you should look inward and work on improving the lives of people who suffer, rather than espousing this bullshit here.

I don't speak for everyone here, obviously, I'm still fairly new myself, but I sincerely doubt you'll find converts here, so either open up your mind a little, stick to the lighthearted snarking and BEC,  or be prepared to engage in the kind of critical discussion here where people are expected to either back up what they're saying or be willing to learn.

51 minutes ago, Krissy said:

I’ve read near death experiences of people who have lived through a sucide attempt and they describe darkness and regret not the bright light like others who haven’t almost died from sucide.

I died a couple years ago.  You know what I saw?  Nothing..just black and I was pretty pissed about it too because I expected to see beloved pets who had passed on before me.  I got dark and then hearing my O2 sat was 58% when I was revived.  I was not suicidal nor did I try to commit suicide.

Also, if you are going to talk about it, you should probably learn to spell it correctly.  it's suicide

36 minutes ago, Krissy said:

You have your life experience and seem unwilling to consider other views that are not yours. I advise you to go back to thread one of Lori's and learn. Lurk around the site too. 

@Krissy You won my first ever fuck you vote. Congrats. Didn’t you flounce away saying we were not your people? I think you’re right. This is NOT a place to start nattering on about suicide being a sin. Go away.

So we hate Lori because she oppress women, doesn’t let them speak their opinions (she deletes them), puts tons of women down, makes them feel like she knows everything even if another has a valuable thought, am I getting everything? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived