IGNORED

Lori Alexander 47: Frugal ... Sort of ... For a rich person

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From last thread: I agree with you @Maggie Mae. I HATE air conditioning and am glad to not need it where I live. 

If mister destiny decided to leave me a chore list, he'd find it shoved someplace unpleasant. We do have a joint to do list so we don't forget shit that needs doing (plus I just really like lists), but neither of us commands the other. 

11 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Add me to the list of cold air AC and fan lovers.

I have finally found my people.  I've never really met other people that like it to be as cold as I do.  I'd rather be cold than hot.  You can add a sweater or blanket.  You cannot shed your clothes/skin and run around naked in polite society ;)

Also since this is the Lori thread I thought I would post a picture of the afghan I made for my husband.  A little backstory:  I wanted to see if I could handle crocheting a super bulky yarn for a potential future project).  The only yarn on the sale was baby blanket, so think pastel colors.  They *did* have a bunch of different colors/variegated choices. This is what my manly man picked for his afghan ;)

johnafghan.jpgjohnafghan2.jpg

Wait a darn minute! Are you mature ladies telling me that it is not an extraordinary hot spring/summer this year? That the reason I’m dying from the heat is something that comes after the hot flashes finally go away? That it is me, my internal temp is off? 

Damn, our house is too old for central AC and I already live in the Northeast....if I have to move further north, I’ll end up in Canada. My kid hates metric so that won’t work.

But i guess this explains why I get sweaty in the elevator going to my office every morning. I run in fast to cool off while my coworkers have 1-2 sweaters on. Sometimes gloves or a coat cause our office has so many computers that they blast the AC.  I rarely get cold at the office now.

From the previous thread - please don't design a flyer in Photoshop, that's not what it's for! Printers and print designers use page layout programs like InDesign. 

Also, on yarn - I recently finished knitting a "Find Your Fade" shawl. It's huge and done in wool fingering weight yarn and I don't even want to think about what the total cost of yarn probably was! Even with cheap yarn you can't really make money selling knitted or crocheted items as people just don't realize how much time it takes. 

I am one of those people who is always cold, but I can't sleep if it's more than 70 or so. I found my depression meds seem to stave off the hot flashes though so that's a bonus! My sister, however, keeps her house super cold. It feels like walking into a fridge. 

Also, Lori has no idea what frugal is and is mean. 

Mr MM always set the AC on "tundra."  LOL. 

I prefer it a bit tropical.  It has to be almost 90 indoors before I will consider turning on the AC.  Must be my broken internal thermostat!

So, in my marriage, I think our longest conflict was the summer after we got married when my husband would get up every night and turn the thermostat to 80, and I would wake up too hot to sleep. About two weeks in, he asked why I wasn't sleeping/had dark circles, and I looked him in the eye said what I had been saying for two weeks - that 80 was too hot for me to sleep. He's never objected since. The first night he left the thermostat at 75, I slept through the night. 

But we're egalitarian with no one "in charge", so we must be hopelessly confused about our ability to communicate and work through things to find solutions to things. But we do. I'd prefer to sleep at 67 degrees, but can at 75. Mr. Krazy prefers 80+, but uses a light blanket at 75. We both get needed sleep. Voila. No need for someone "in charge".

56 minutes ago, Curious said:

You can add a sweater or blanket.  You cannot shed your clothes/skin and run around naked in polite society ;)

I tell people this ALL THE TIME. I actually wear shorts in the winter. Like when it’s snowing...

@Curious love the blanket, it's beautiful! 

I'm the person that will crochet a blanket in the middle of summer with the AC going lol. 

Something that caught my eye when I finally decided to read the ridiculous discipline post. 

Spoiler

The only reason I am wondering about this is because I made our lives miserable for 23 years and am wondering if there was anything Ken could have done to make me shape up a lot earlier!

I am not sure there is. God commands older women to teach the younger women to love and obey their husbands. I never had an older woman, until Debi Pearl, teach me.

Two things I'm noticing: attempting to cast blame on Ken while also admitting that she is a generally horrible person and her saying no one taught her to love her husband. So no one taught her how to love? Were her parents and family that horrible? Because I'm pretty sure that if you love someone you try your hardest to not treat them like crap. Fruits of the Spirit, Biblical commands? So Lori literally didn't follow any basic biblical principle?

I have no idea what the temperature in my house is.

Houses in Britain don’t need AC! I like warm weather, primarily because it’s such a novelty. 

OT: Dad told me about a mistake he made in a French oral exam once. He was asked what the biggest problem facing Britain was. He *meant* to say “le chômage” (unemployment), but he accidentally said “le chauffage” (central heating) :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

From the previous thread - please don't design a flyer in Photoshop, that's not what it's for! Printers and print designers use page layout programs like InDesign. 

Also, on yarn - I recently finished knitting a "Find Your Fade" shawl. It's huge and done in wool fingering weight yarn and I don't even want to think about what the total cost of yarn probably was! Even with cheap yarn you can't really make money selling knitted or crocheted items as people just don't realize how much time it takes. 

I am one of those people who is always cold, but I can't sleep if it's more than 70 or so. I found my depression meds seem to stave off the hot flashes though so that's a bonus! My sister, however, keeps her house super cold. It feels like walking into a fridge. 

Also, Lori has no idea what frugal is and is mean. 

That's a beautiful shawl. Way too big for me though. I think I'm going to turn a smaller project into a fade shawl. I just bound off my second "Close to You Shawl" and am fixing to cast on another. With beads this time. 

It's akready a brutal summer here. Might have to let my garden go depending on how high the water bill goes :( 

@Curious beautiful Afghan! 

About Lori's last scribble, this must be her weakest one yet. And she does seem a bit confused, a lot of what she has written lately, especially when responding to others just doesn't make any sense at all.

"No can take the place of a mother" No One? It just seems like something written in a fever dream.

All she does in that post is whine but she doesn't have any real counter arguments.

Don't know if it's the stress of her mother dying, a psychological or an actual cognitive issue, but does anyone else think that she seems to be unraveling?

unravel.JPG

4 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Don't know if it's the stress of her mother dying, a psychological or an actual cognitive issue, but does anyone else think that she seems to be unraveling?

I think Ken is going to come home someday and find that Lori has painted bizarre words all over the wall - "SUBMIT!" "THEY MUST LISTEN TO ME!" "TITUS TITUS TITUS!" "SALAD!!"

So, yeah. I think she is unraveling. I think her posts have a desperate, panicked tone to them; as if she is writing with more and more anger. 

For instance, the notebook rambling posted above reads like she is arguing with someone. Most of her posts have an argumentative tone. She can't just write her message, she has to somehow refer to her "haters" in each post. She seems to never have matured beyond seventh grade; and does any of us doubt she was THE mean girl in seventh grade?!? 

She's been the mean girl always, I'd bet.

And while I do think she's mean and bitchy, at the same time I do worry that there may be something going on with her. I suspect she may have always had a personality disorder (saw a documentary last night on psychopaths, and she checks off all the boxes), but now I wonder if there's not the onset of dementia or the beginning of a breakdown going on. She's definitely not right, and has changed markedly over time.

That said, she's still mean. And as long as she's hurting people she deserves to be called out for it.

Has anyone linked this before?

“The Transformed Wife,” which for clarity’s sake should probably be renamed “Steaming Pile of Female Self-Loathing” — because, seriously, I don’t know who the heck taught this woman to hate herself so much, but she’s refined in the art of inward oppression.

http://www.scarymommy.com/transformed-wife-proves-we-need-feminism/

Almost every young Christian woman that I have ever known has wanted to experience college, a career, and traveling which is simply another way to explain the feminist lifestyle. 

Neither college, careers, or travel are unbiblical in any way.  Lori has long stated that all for of her children "walk with God".  

Lori- College, career, and lots of travel (taking trips that stretch into MONTHS)

Daughter 1- Career and travel

Daughter 2- College and job as a dental hygienist 

Lori- Considers herself wise and godly

Daughter 1- Lori says she walks with God

Daughter 2- Lori says she walks with God

What am I missing here.

He never calls young women to go to college, pursue careers, and travel

That's a bold statement...I'd love to see the scripture that backs it up.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

So, yeah. I think she is unraveling. I think her posts have a desperate, panicked tone to them; as if she is writing with more and more anger. 

I think this is evident over the past few months for sure, but when you go back to when she first began, its a complete change in personality.  She was still rigid and crazy scary in many of her pronouncements, but there was also some glimpses of relative "normalcy."    It feels like she's about to have a stroke at any moment. 

27 minutes ago, Koala said:

He never calls young women to go to college, pursue careers, and travel

God never calls men to do that either. But where God is silent there is liberty. Why is this true for men and not women? 

24 minutes ago, Koala said:

That's a bold statement...I'd love to see the scripture that backs it up.

Lori only knows a tiny bit of scripture, just the few verses that support her arguments, so of course she wouldn't be able to back this up.

Anyone new to this wondering where I came from that conclusion - Lori has repeatedly failed to recognize scripture when it is quoted to her as a response to her posts. If the poster doesn't specify chapter and verse, she won't recognize it unless it's one of her pet verses. 

What about the phrase “two heads are better than one?”

Lori seems to think that two “heads” means that they’ll always be at loggerheads. Which again is just a reflection on HER marriage. Marriage is supposed to be a partnership of equals, with each partner contributing equally (or, at least, as much as they can if they don’t earn the same/one is physically disabled or whatever). 

*the cognitive dissonance is strong with this one*

*do as i say, not as i do*

34091845_2431458800201480_2876739661449920512_o.jpg

28 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

*the cognitive dissonance is strong with this one*

*do as i say, not as i do*

All I hear for the last couple weeks is "Listen to me. LISTEN to me. LISTEN TO ME!!!! NOBODY IS LISTENING. LISTEN.TO.ME!!!!"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived