IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 59: Still Dull in Dillsville

Jellybean

22 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

What would have made it even more perfect would be if one of my trans friends would have commented on something and Facebook decided to notify me at that exact moment.

Also addicted, mad though that I leave the game to work or something and I come back and my progress on an activity has been taken away :-(

My game just did a crazy right after I read this message! I got a notif that my energy was full... I open the game... nooope! My three hour lesson had suddenly turned into an 8 hour one, and I only had four energy left! The spirits of Duggars are meddling with our fun!

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Basically, it's kind of a stupid move to make as a famous (or infamous?) person with hundreds of thousands of followers. It's not like what you post to an audience of THAT many people will actually remain private.

That said, for FJ purposes, it means that no screenshots of his posts can be posted. You people "in the know" can, however, paraphrase what he says to keep the rest of us in the loop. :)

Do you think he reads here?

He seems like the kind of person who would google himself - a lot!

43 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

My game just did a crazy right after I read this message! I got a notif that my energy was full... I open the game... nooope! My three hour lesson had suddenly turned into an 8 hour one, and I only had four energy left! The spirits of Duggars are meddling with our fun!

This game is making me crazy. All there is to it is tapping the damn screen and drawing < > ^ over and over with your fingertip. Does everyone have Rowan for a best friend? Are we all looking for Ben? And do we all have a brother who was expelled/killed/whatever? And does everyone have the blond-haired person behind them in Professor Flitwick's classroom who has a worse case of RBF than I do?

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

This game is making me crazy. All there is to it is tapping the damn screen and drawing < > ^ over and over with your fingertip. Does everyone have Rowan for a best friend? Are we all looking for Ben? And do we all have a brother who was expelled/killed/whatever? And does everyone have the blond-haired person behind them in Professor Flitwick's classroom who has a worse case of RBF than I do?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Also, I'm a Slytherin and Snape hates me.

Actually, I found Ben. I'm in my third year. The drawing drives me crazy, it gets a bit excessive.

So if you're not in Slytherin, here are questions I need answered. What house is everyone in? 

I'm in Slytherin, and Snape hates me. I'm still in 2nd year because that effing timer/life thing is bullshit.

Maybe Derdick could start at Jichelle's SOTDRT with the Wisdom Booklet that had a lesson on bankruptcy law. 

7 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Maybe Derdick could start at Jichelle's SOTDRT with the Wisdom Booklet that had a lesson on bankruptcy law. 

His lesson "never go into debt"

Student: "but how..."

Ofjill "NEVER GO INTO DEBT!"

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm hardcore shipping my character and Ben... literally almost got back to drawing just to draw some icky Mary Sue level fan art of Lady Finn and him... :pb_eek: Is this how I get my damn inspiration back?! Oh God. (I wanted to be Finn Lassie but LASSIE WAS A FUCKING BANNED WORD WTF)

1 hour ago, FJismyheadship said:

What house is everyone in? 

Ravenclaw, just to please my friend. I've always considered myself a Hufflepuff, but... uuuugh. See, three years ago at the beginning of our degree we talked about houses and as I said I was a Hufflepuff, a friend of mine bursted into this horse like laughter and went "Finn, you are the most Ravenclaw lil bitch I know."

... and she's kinda right. :my_dodgy: I'm bookwise, creative, a damned perfectionist... I mean, I went absolutely livid and got extremely offended when Pottermore renewed itself and I did the house test. I got Ravenclaw. Instantly deleted my account! I did this shit three times in a row til I figured out kinda how to get myself into Hufflepuff. :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1: I'm an extremely loyal and dedicated person too, but I suppose I'm a sort of a mix between Hermione and Luna if I have to draw an example.

Well that was a totally unnecessary lamentation about my house crisis!

Also, every time there's an interaction with Khanna I just tap right through it. Girl I don't give a shit about you. I wanna get to my juicy Ben. I am proooobably missing out on some plot stuff but who cares

21 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Lets take a look at Young Dillard, shall we?

inability to get along with others, particularly those with differing opinions, interests etc......

inability to consider opposing points of view....

inability to follow through or complete tasks, particularly those considered unpleasant ....

Forget law school or a legal career, this guy won't be able to hack it in any job.

I'm hearing you on these but just wanted to respond to the particular part I bolded. We don't know how he is at getting along with others in person. There's lots of people who like to attack others on the internet from behind the safety of their screens, even under their real name, who wouldn't do anything like that in real life. It's part of the disconnect online forums and social media like Twitter allow. Obviously it offers insight into personality if someone does the big man with a keyboard shit, but we don't have any evidence that in person he berates queer people, and I doubt he does (because the way he chooses to bully teens online shows he's a coward). So other than leaving a damning social media trail, I don't know how much this one is gonna hurt him. I guess in part I may be being a little cynical, but I think we all know people who can't accept differing opinions who have had more success career wise (subjective, but if he wants to go to law school), there's definitely know-it-all lawyers, doctors, and many other high-achieving professions. This view is always gonna damage your relationships, but just saying, people who have crappy personal philosophies but manage to not be openly hostile can get ahead. 

I think the failure to complete stuff thing is really gonna be his ultimate roadblock, for law school or whatever he wants to do next. I completely understand the desire to change course and I can't fault him for it (what I do fault him for is the grifting and lying, and the apparent belief that someone other than him/his spouse should be responsible for providing for their family). There's legitimate reasons people act flightly in jobs sometimes, it's possible to explain why (sometimes things aren't a good fit And people go new directions, family or health stuff happens, lots of stuff) and correct your course when it happens very occasionally. But accountant to missionary to preacher in training to lawyer. That list is gonna be hard to sell in an interview to any job or law school and convince them you could stick it out for three years.And he can list schooling as employment all he wants, but it's not, and employers and admission committees know that.

47 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

I'm hardcore shipping my character and Ben... literally almost got back to drawing just to draw some icky Mary Sue level fan art of Lady Finn and him... :pb_eek: Is this how I get my damn inspiration back?! Oh God. (I wanted to be Finn Lassie but LASSIE WAS A FUCKING BANNED WORD WTF)

Ravenclaw, just to please my friend. I've always considered myself a Hufflepuff, but... uuuugh. See, three years ago at the beginning of our degree we talked about houses and as I said I was a Hufflepuff, a friend of mine bursted into this horse like laughter and went "Finn, you are the most Ravenclaw lil bitch I know."

... and she's kinda right. :my_dodgy: I'm bookwise, creative, a damned perfectionist... I mean, I went absolutely livid and got extremely offended when Pottermore renewed itself and I did the house test. I got Ravenclaw. Instantly deleted my account! I did this shit three times in a row til I figured out kinda how to get myself into Hufflepuff. :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1: I'm an extremely loyal and dedicated person too, but I suppose I'm a sort of a mix between Hermione and Luna if I have to draw an example.

Also, every time there's an interaction with Khanna I just tap right through it. Girl I don't give a shit about you. I wanna get to my juicy Ben. I am proooobably missing out on some plot stuff but who cares

Sorry, what I mean is, obviously Rowan follows you into whatever house you're in. Is Ben still in Gryffindor? Merula in Slytherin, or does she follow you too? Is Penny in Hufflepuff? Like, I need to know if the basic characters change houses based on yours lol

6 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

Today, Derick is retweeting various Republican statements about Memorial Day. He asks us to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and to look forward to the day Revelations 21 comes to pass.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180528-111857.png.ea00a5eed3cbe34d0bc8e7591cf4b718.pngScreenshot_20180528-111919.png.6d28a6643f7c15425431ec6dd67beac3.pngScreenshot_20180528-111927.png.c2091ca2b757dfa812703808be0eb2aa.pngScreenshot_20180528-111936.png.f3d32c88f0668f326a69c419bf12d659.pngScreenshot_20180528-111941.png.40e3b480ae5f2a8aabdca333182f82cc.png

Screenshot_20180528-111945.png.99c4a5f3f8a7493bc021effc47bfae02.png

On behalf of my family members, past and present, who serve(d) in the military, may I just say to OfJill:  Fuck right off.

Ben is Gryffindor, Merula is Slytherin. Rowan, to me, is Slytherin. 

So - RIGHT NOW on your game, how many points does each house have?

I'm showing:

Slytherin - 183

Ravenclaw - 221

Gryffindor -  218

Hufflepuff - 221

And also - this game won't sync between my phone and my iPad, so I only play it on the iPad. Further PITA.

4 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I just wanted to say I completely understand Pottermore causing a life crisis (this happened to me), and I love and support you for sharing.

8 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

I'm a lawyer and I know tons of people who went to law school because they didn't know what else they wanted to do, it sounded like a good idea, etc. I can also say that the vast majority of lawyers I know would not go to law school if they had the opportunity to re-do past choices.

If this is his plan, it seems like a terrible idea. He doesn't seem like the type who will ever actually practice law. 

Interesting...

I agree with you 100%. As a lawyer, I shudder at the possibility of having to consider him as a colleague in any capacity. Law school is a lot of work. He also doesn't seem to have the type of personality that would 1) work well in a firm, 2) attract and keep clients, or 3) do well in litigation. 

He has been angry and fighting a lot. He has taken on a "fighter" attitude and is always arguing. Maybe someone told him he should be a lawyer. I could see Jill being all for it considering all of the instability they've gone through over the years. I think Derick is confused right now and is aimlessly making quick decisions. If he wants to become a lawyer at least he is aiming to be productive and will likely to bring in more income for his family than being a pastor. I remember on the very early Duggar episodes, Josh expressed a desire to become a lawyer.

7 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Does everyone have Rowan for a best friend?

Wait, what?

I am a huge HP fan but I admit I haven't even downloaded the game yet. But if I'm "in" it.....

6 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

Sorry, what I mean is, obviously Rowan follows you into whatever house you're in. Is Ben still in Gryffindor? Merula in Slytherin, or does she follow you too? Is Penny in Hufflepuff? Like, I need to know if the basic characters change houses based on yours lol

Yeah, the kid latches on to everyone's character and is in the same house. Rest of the characters are the same no matter who plays.

To be fair, it'd be interesting to know how different the game is for someone playing Slytherin since Merula is one... and there's quite a few house related quests.

3 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I just wanted to say I completely understand Pottermore causing a life crisis (this happened to me), and I love and support you for sharing.

J.K. Rowling got me doomed!

12 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

Today, Derick is retweeting various Republican statements about Memorial Day. He asks us to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and to look forward to the day Revelations 21 comes to pass.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180528-111857.png.ea00a5eed3cbe34d0bc8e7591cf4b718.pngScreenshot_20180528-111919.png.6d28a6643f7c15425431ec6dd67beac3.pngScreenshot_20180528-111927.png.c2091ca2b757dfa812703808be0eb2aa.pngScreenshot_20180528-111936.png.f3d32c88f0668f326a69c419bf12d659.pngScreenshot_20180528-111941.png.40e3b480ae5f2a8aabdca333182f82cc.png

Screenshot_20180528-111945.png.99c4a5f3f8a7493bc021effc47bfae02.png

He's only looking forward to it because then he won't have to get a job.

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

He has been angry and fighting a lot. He has taken on a "fighter" attitude and is always arguing. Maybe someone told him he should be a lawyer.

This is a truly horrible trait for a barrister (litigator) and one that so many people mistakenly think is a benefit.  You don't win trials by being unable to understand the other side's position.  Derick will be a totally shitty barrister.   

As an aside, you wouldn't believe how many non lawyers ask me if my partner (also lawyer) and I fight constantly.  Sigh.

:isp.ani:

Here is one thing I have felt about Derick. He might have undiagnosed adult ADD. Moving from one job to another and one career to another is one of the signs when diagnosed as an adult. He does run so perhaps that is where his hyperactivity is released. 

6 hours ago, finnlassie said:

To be fair, it'd be interesting to know how different the game is for someone playing Slytherin since Merula is one... and there's quite a few house related quests.

Merula is a bitch-on-wheels to me, and we're both in Slytherin. She's sly, catty, and nasty.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived