Jump to content
IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 59: Still Dull in Dillsville


Jellybean
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

:isp.ani:

 

Here is one thing I have felt about Derick. He might have undiagnosed adult ADD. Moving from one job to another and one career to another is one of the signs when diagnosed as an adult. He does run so perhaps that is where his hyperactivity is released. 

I have thought this as well. I have ADD and I have a lot of the same problems Derick seems to. I constantly start things without finishing them, I jump into things  without thinking them through, I want/expect everything to be perfect right away and if it’s not I quit. People with ADD can sometimes have social issues (foot in mouth syndrome, interrupting, etc). 

The thing is, I am 99% sure that, regardless of any issues he may be dealing with, Derick is one of those people who doesn’t believe AD(H)D exists, that it’s a Satanic lie perpetrated by the liberals, and/or that it’s just your ‘sin nature’ that has to be beaten out of you as a child.

If Derick were having issues, I would never expect him to truly recognize or admit it, because that would involve admitting that there’s something wrong with him that Cathy’s wooden spoon and Jesus couldn’t cure. IF (***total speculation***) he did have ADD or a mental illness, he would simply deny, deny, deny, and never get real help.

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

:isp.ani:

 

Here is one thing I have felt about Derick. He might have undiagnosed adult ADD. Moving from one job to another and one career to another is one of the signs when diagnosed as an adult. He does run so perhaps that is where his hyperactivity is released. 

I think he just has a case of lazy asshole. 

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@singsingsing @MiddleAgedLady Y’all might be on to something there. I have ADHD too and it rarely expresses as a hyperactivity of the body. For me it is a hyperactivity of the brian. So I lose sleep, and have to give myself extra time to work on projects, to allow for the inevitable hours of getting distracted by every other thought that trots through my brain. I hate comparing myself to ofJill, but I too have a history of starting new paths in life, going all in, and then deciding nah, this isn’t for me. On to the next idea! I also have to be engaged in somehing at all times, and I do mean all times, so the endless scroll of stimulation that is social media is an easy trap to fall into. I’ve pared back my accounts because it is way too easy to get sucked in and spend whole weeks doing little else. Perhaps that is part of why he went private? On some level maybe he recognizes that the hours he spends arguing with strangers aren’t healthy.

I don’t take meds, for various reasons, but I’ve reached a point where I’m mostly functional. It took a long time for me to find this equilibrium, though. I had to do therapy and put a lot of effort into building coping strategies. I feel sad for anyone raised to believe that Jesus and wooden spoons are the only cure for someone like me. Must be such a miserable existence. 

Oh also, I’m a Slytherin, Merula still hates me, and we’re in 3rd place for the house cup.

  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

:isp.ani:

 

Here is one thing I have felt about Derick. He might have undiagnosed adult ADD. Moving from one job to another and one career to another is one of the signs when diagnosed as an adult. He does run so perhaps that is where his hyperactivity is released. 

As an life long, adult diagnosed ADD sufferer, don't lump him in with us.  :pb_lol:   Undiagnosed ADD generally manifest in depression and or anxiety in adults. Now adult ADHD can result in uncontrollable outbursts like Derrick has, 

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As an life long, adult diagnosed ADD sufferer, don't lump him in with us.  :pb_lol:   Undiagnosed ADD generally manifest in depression and or anxiety in adults. Now adult ADHD can result in uncontrollable outbursts like Derrick has, 

Jumping in before anyone lumps him in with the mouth breathers to make sure you all know that we don’t want him either. :pb_lol:

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I have ADHD too and it rarely expresses as a hyperactivity of the body. For me it is a hyperactivity of the brian. So I lose sleep, and have to give myself extra time to work on projects, to allow for the inevitable hours of getting distracted by every other thought that trots through my brain.

I know this WELL!! But I also have the "hyperfocused" thing happening. Problem is, if whatever I'm doing is boring AF, well, the brain decides to take a walk around the Milky Way (ooooh shiny!). I take meds to sleep because if not, the brain is awake ALL FUCKING NIGHT! I've designed a couple of space stations, a lunar base, a martian base, played with ideas for SSTO rockets, (yes, I have a massive space geek thing going on) while I was supposed to be "sleeping". 

I've tried regular ADHD meds and it was not a great thing. I've coped with this "disability" for a long time and the meds just made me feel like I was thinking through molasses. The anti-depressant I'm on helps with a lot of the ADHD symptoms. 

3 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I also have to be engaged in somehing at all times, and I do mean all times, so the endless scroll of stimulation that is social media is an easy trap to fall into. 

Yup...me too. Thank God for stupid games on my phone. I don't understand how someone can just sit and watch TV. It flat does not compute! 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

@singsingsing @MiddleAgedLady Y’all might be on to something there. I have ADHD too and it rarely expresses as a hyperactivity of the body. For me it is a hyperactivity of the brian. So I lose sleep, and have to give myself extra time to work on projects, to allow for the inevitable hours of getting distracted by every other thought that trots through my brain. I hate comparing myself to ofJill, but I too have a history of starting new paths in life, going all in, and then deciding nah, this isn’t for me. On to the next idea! I also have to be engaged in somehing at all times, and I do mean all times, so the endless scroll of stimulation that is social media is an easy trap to fall into. I’ve pared back my accounts because it is way too easy to get sucked in and spend whole weeks doing little else. Perhaps that is part of why he went private? On some level maybe he recognizes that the hours he spends arguing with strangers aren’t healthy.

Have you had ADHD your whole life? In most kids it manifests in hyper bodies and brains. The physical hyperactivity can ease up with age and maturity, when you can learn to control your body better than a child.  

I only have ADD i can sit for hours fine (my fat ass is proof of that) as long as I have things to occupy my brain.  I'm usually "watching" TV and surfing the net, or crocheting,  listening to music and reading stuff like that.  I also have trouble sleeping, keeping a job, I normally get bored at them easily and leave, this last one I was in over my head detail wise and couldn't keep up.  

When I first came on line I was arguing with strangers and just making myself crazy, only I'd argue with folks like Derelict for their hateful beliefs. I've had more than once to take myself off of certain websites for my sanity, and I didn't like who I was becoming, hate feeds on itself and it is beyond easy to let yourself get consumbed by it, perhaps this is what is going on with him.  

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rowan said:

Wait, what?

I am a huge HP fan but I admit I haven't even downloaded the game yet. But if I'm "in" it.....

I downloaded it but haven’t played since I keep hearing complaints that you can only play like 5 minutes at a time.

 

11 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

He's only looking forward to it because then he won't have to get a job.

But law school is so much more work than most jobs...not a good route for a lazy person who refuses responsibility 

5 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

:isp.ani:

 

Here is one thing I have felt about Derick. He might have undiagnosed adult ADD. Moving from one job to another and one career to another is one of the signs when diagnosed as an adult. He does run so perhaps that is where his hyperactivity is released. 

Loving the speculation bus gif/emoji

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I only have ADD i can sit for hours fine (my fat ass is proof of that) as long as I have things to occupy my brain.  I'm usually "watching" TV and surfing the net, or crocheting,  listening to music and reading stuff like that. 

In adults, the H in ADHD tends to be less running around and more fidgeting, having to keep the hands occupied, always fooling with something. It's not necessarily a constant thing, I mean, if I get into a book, I can hyperfocus on the book, but if my hands aren't occupied otherwise, I'm just this side of insane. 

  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ever just looked at someone and wondered when they'd start speaking English (or native language)? School was hell because the teachers would end up sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher KWIM? I don't learn a damn thing from hearing it explained. I need written/hands on. I normally can't talk unless I have a piece of paper to sketch on too (could be the engineering/designer thing too). Lots of doodling while sitting in lectures I thought would NEVER end. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well shit, I might have ADD cause I do all of what y’all just described. I have diagnosed anxiety and depression but find it hard to focus, my brain doesn’t turn off, I can be obsessive and hyper focused and I’m sometimes socially awkward and cannot shut up. 

But it might just be my spectacular powers of procrastination because I can generally listen through lectures/talks longer than a lot of people I know (thank you long-winded sermons) 

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I half expect Derick to tweet some bullshit about Roseanne Barr now...

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I half expect Derick to tweet some bullshit about Roseanne Barr now...

 

He'll offer to take her on as his first client as a lawyer.

  • Haha 27
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I half expect Derick to tweet some bullshit about Roseanne Barr now...

 

I'd kind of look forward to that. Because if he has any idea who Roseanne is that's admitting to watching pop culture TV. And if he doesn't--which I suspect is the case--his take will be--what? Atheist leftie media punishes people for calling black people apes? Roseanne is Jewish, she's had three husbands and I think now lives with a guy she's not married to (not sure), had a child "out of wedlock" and in the past was very vocal about mental health issues being medical, not spiritual, issues. How's he going to get around that?

  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Have you had ADHD your whole life? In most kids it manifests in hyper bodies and brains. The physical hyperactivity can ease up with age and maturity, when you can learn to control your body better than a child.  

I only have ADD i can sit for hours fine (my fat ass is proof of that) as long as I have things to occupy my brain.  I'm usually "watching" TV and surfing the net, or crocheting,  listening to music and reading stuff like that.  I also have trouble sleeping, keeping a job, I normally get bored at them easily and leave, this last one I was in over my head detail wise and couldn't keep up.  

 When I first came on line I was arguing with strangers and just making myself crazy, only I'd argue with folks like Derelict for their hateful beliefs. I've had more than once to take myself off of certain websites for my sanity, and I didn't like who I was becoming, hate feeds on itself and it is beyond easy to let yourself get consumbed by it, perhaps this is what is going on with him.  

10

Presumably yes, I have always had it though I was only diagnosed as an adult. I guess I shouldn't say I don't have hyperactivity of the body, because I do but it is more like what @feministxtian described. I am fidgety as hell. I have never held a beer bottle that I didn't peel all of the labels off of. Or a paper napkin that I didn't fold into a tiny shape and then shred into confetti. I keep small things in my pockets specifically to fidget with. My favorite right now is this weird multi-layered earplug. It has these interesting flaps that are satisfying to flip inside out and then back again. I think people expect hyperactivity to present as running around in circles and climbing on things, but for me, it was always a fidgeting restlessness. Even when I was a kid I was kept awake at night by persistent thoughts that had to be acted upon RIGHT NOW. Sometimes I couldn't sleep until I rearranged all the furniture in my room. Not because I needed to, not like an OCD thing, but because I wanted to and there's no time like the present! Often I feel a powerful desire to look up the answer to a question that suddenly occurred to me, or I'll be struck by the impulse to get up and exercise in the middle of the night. I was just a "Night Owl" to my family but they had no idea how much sleep I was actually losing. Night time, when you're alone for hours on end, is the best time to follow impulses! There's no one awake to tell you to stop, go wash dishes, get to class, turn that off, etc etc etc. ADHD paradise!

Occasionally I take sleep aids but I've got a pretty workable strategy now, which is to occupy my brain with something soothing and boring enough to fall asleep to, but not so boring that I stop paying attention. Sometimes it is an audiobook I've already read. Sometimes it is ASMR videos. It may not be the healthiest way to fall asleep but it works for me and has fewer side effects than medicine. 

I probably wasn't diagnosed as a kid because it never impacted my school performance until college. Unlike a lot of ADHD people, I'm a really good listener. As long as my hands and eyes are occupied I can retain everything I listen to in a lecture. I doodle and take "notes" which are sometimes relevant information but also things like "I'm sleepy." or "This guy sitting next to me stinks." I do still blank out sometimes but, unfortunately for Mr. Blessed, I do it more in conversations than in classes. 

@Jinder Roles You might have it. There are plenty of adult ADHD symptom quizzes online that can be helpful if you're thinking you might want to talk to a doctor about it. 

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I'd kind of look forward to that. Because if he has any idea who Roseanne is that's admitting to watching pop culture TV. And if he doesn't--which I suspect is the case--his take will be--what? Atheist leftie media punishes people for calling black people apes? Roseanne is Jewish, she's had three husbands and I think now lives with a guy she's not married to (not sure), had a child "out of wedlock" and in the past was very vocal about mental health issues being medical, not spiritual, issues. How's he going to get around that?

We already know that they allow some form of pop culture. Izzy and Derick mentioned a character from Paw Patrol in a recent video, possibly the birthday video of Izzy in the high chair. 

Derick is a year younger than me. While he grew up in a more conservative household he didn’t grow up in the cult like Jill did and he was very likely exposed to pop culture the way most kids our age were. He was too young for the original Roseanne show, but he may have still known about it - I did through commercials, though I thought it looked kind of annoying because of how Roseanne was always shown yelling. :pb_lol:

There’s also the fact that the cult has been loosening up in recent years as part of a rebranding effort. Pop culture doesn’t seem as taboo as it once did and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Dills (or most of these second gen couples) watched some tv and movies that wouldn’t have been approved of before.

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I'd kind of look forward to that. Because if he has any idea who Roseanne is that's admitting to watching pop culture TV. And if he doesn't--which I suspect is the case--his take will be--what? Atheist leftie media punishes people for calling black people apes? Roseanne is Jewish, she's had three husbands and I think now lives with a guy she's not married to (not sure), had a child "out of wedlock" and in the past was very vocal about mental health issues being medical, not spiritual, issues. How's he going to get around that?

Same way he gets around supporting Trump, who's been married three times, accused of sexual assault and adultery by numerous different women, used to be a Democrat, has espoused various liberal views in the past, and has said innumerable bigoted and downright appalling things. Cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.

  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jill tweeted about a family that is friends with the Duggars needing help due to a car accident that severely injured the young mother. There is a GFM for them. https://www.gofundme.com/fleshman-family-tragedy  Unfortunately the Dillards reputation for grifting may be causing hard feelings toward this innocent (as far as I know) family.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone see Jill's Memorial Day post? This soldier did not die in active duty; it was a motorcycle accident. Allegedly, his wife did not want this picture used and spread around, but I definitely do not know enough to vouch for that.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/sdut-miramar-mourning-budenz-moody-brown-memorialday-2014may23-story.html

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Jill tweeted about a family that is friends with the Duggars needing help due to a car accident that severely injured the young mother. There is a GFM for them. https://www.gofundme.com/fleshman-family-tragedy  Unfortunately the Dillards reputation for grifting may be causing hard feelings toward this innocent (as far as I know) family.

I did some googling - and it appears JOSH set up the GFM, although he is now updating as "John Duggar" on that GFM page. And what a horrible story. That poor little family. :(

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joyfully said:

Anyone see Jill's Memorial Day post? This soldier did not die in active duty; it was a motorcycle accident. Allegedly, his wife did not want this picture used and spread around, but I definitely do not know enough to vouch for that.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/sdut-miramar-mourning-budenz-moody-brown-memorialday-2014may23-story.html

 

I HATE that this poor woman is being used this way. How dare strangers exploit her private moment and her grief. 

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

I HATE that this poor woman is being used this way. How dare strangers exploit her private moment and her grief. 

There’s a whole series of photos of people sobbing at a loved one’s grave/hugging the tombstone tight. One that really got me was a little boy sitting inches a way from a tombstone staring at it. Those photos are so heart wrenching, but so so exploitative. I also read Arlington Cemetary is running out of room.

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jill sharing a photo of someone she didn't research is rich. If I were that woman I'd be bitching all over social media about my photo being used. 

Also in typical Jill fashion, she's sharing a recipe on her blog that includes the much beloved CANNED chicken, but don't forget the freshly squeezed lemon. :pb_lol:

Reddit link so you don't have to give the Dull's clicks

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/8n39d3/just_buy_a_rotisserie_chicken_jill_geez/

  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.