IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think it is a large cardboard cut out of a little girl holding an ice cream cone. Someone could turn that into a creepy Halloween avatar. 

I nominate this as the future avatar of the poster to be known as ”HerNameisGhostBuffy.”

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I nominate this as the future avatar of the poster to be known as ”HerNameisGhostBuffy.”

Excellent idea!

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

Bradley’s birthday celebration and the MAGA hats are there to represent.

B3C18E9B-1B6B-4939-8D69-8391E6142A22.png

84BFFDF5-B3EB-475D-A88D-4CB3E90055EB.png

Yeah, because nothing says “I’m a Christian” like letting your child wear a hat in support of a lying, narcissistic man-child that is a habitual adulterer, colluded with a foreign country to steal an election, put a rapist on the Supreme Court, and is now working with a Saudi Prince to cover up the killing and dismemberment of a journalist for reporting the truth. How Christ-like of the Bates. What a good example they are for other people to follow. 

These fucking hypocrites make me sick. 

Everyone wants to "Free" these fundies but the truth is once they're "Freed" they just become mainstream, uneducated Trumpvangelicals. We won't see a real change for generations. 

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Everyone wants to "Free" these fundies but the truth is once they're "Freed" they just become mainstream, uneducated Trumpvangelicals. We won't see a real change for generations. 

If at all!

On 10/17/2018 at 10:03 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm going with ghost!  In reality I think it's a doll picture, though.

Me too! That would be more fun.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:23 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just a figure of speech in a way...if they really looked a mess there would be no posted pic.

LIke every time someone comes over I apologize for the mess...it's preemptive in case they see something out of place that I missed.  if the place was really a mess they wouldn't have been let in.

Lol I totally let people in when it's messy and apologize for the mess. Life is busy and a consistently clean home has never been among my top priorities. 

11 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

We won't see a real change for generations. 

There is a chance that with all those kids a couple will leave the hate mindset and adopt a more loving one, but I think that will probably not come until the reality tv days are done and the group of middle kids that have basically been ignored by their parents grow up. 

But yeah, most of the Bates are just going to slap some jean and shorts on their hateful beliefs and continue trying to oppress people who aren't like them. 

There is a chance that with all those kids a couple will leave the hate mindset and adopt a more loving one, but I think that will probably not come until the reality tv days are done and the group of middle kids that have basically been ignored by their parents grow up. 
But yeah, most of the Bates are just going to slap some jean and shorts on their hateful beliefs and continue trying to oppress people who aren't like them. 

There is more of a chance that the kids won't be actively abused or neglected as they move more to mainstream parenting, so that's at least an improvement. Agreed about the oppressing others though.

There is a chance that they won't be as neglected and abused, but there are plenty of pants wearing evangelicals who also support Ezzo like Kelly and Gil did. Though, not having 19 kids each will probably mean that the Bates grandchildren won't grow up having to raise their siblings. 

I'm not speculating, I am acknowledging statistics.  With 19 children the odds are pretty good that at least one of them is LGBT. If not one of their children, then a church acquaintance or one of their good friends, the Duggars. At some point, the Bates will be personally acquainted with a member of the LGBT community. They need to pull their heads from their holy, fashionable behinds and spend more time in self-reflection. Even if it means less time for cute selfies. 

Yes. Probably so. But anyone the Duggars, Bates, Etc is closely associate with will not be out loud and proud forcing them them confront anything. They are probably friends with  some very deeply closeted homosexual people now and they don’t even know it and will never know it. In fact the former may not even dare to acknowledge to themselves this fact. 

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Yes. Probably so. But anyone the Duggars, Bates, Etc is closely associate with will not be out loud and proud forcing them them confront anything. They are probably friends with  some very deeply closeted homosexual people now and they don’t even know it and will never know it. In fact the former may not even dare to acknowledge to themselves this fact. 

Michelle has a sister who is gay. I don’t know when she came out (and it’s none of my business), but she’s apparently been happily and openly in a relationship for a long time. I have no clue if the Bates have a close connection who is gay as well, but the Duggars definitely do and it appears to have done exactly nothing to change Jim Bob and Michelle’s views*. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if that was true for the Bateses as well, especially considering they decorated a room with a photo of Nathan Bedford Forrest (first leader of the KKK) when Kelly has two black sisters.

*I also have no clue how close their kids are with their Aunt.

14 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I'm not speculating, I am acknowledging statistics.  With 19 children the odds are pretty good that at least one of them is LGBT. If not one of their children, then a church acquaintance or one of their good friends, the Duggars. At some point, the Bates will be personally acquainted with a member of the LGBT community. They need to pull their heads from their holy, fashionable behinds and spend more time in self-reflection. Even if it means less time for cute selfies. 

Actually no. Statistically that might be the case but statistics cannot be used to make such a prediction. The odds might be higher but it wouldn’t be strange if they are all CIS straight (did I use the terms correct?)  in the end. It is like the estimated due date. Statistically correct but in the end only about 4% of the babies really arrive on that day. 

15 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

If a fundie family has a LGBT child, nothing changes.

Probably the kid will hide it, marry and suffer in silence.

If the kid is clearly showing to be attracted to same sex people, re-education will be harsh. Then marriage, etc.

If the kid rebels and lives free, life will be far from home. For some families, this kid will be forgotten. Other may let them visit the family but only without partners. 

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Actually no. Statistically that might be the case but statistics cannot be used to make such a prediction. The odds might be higher but it wouldn’t be strange if they are all CIS straight (did I use the terms correct?)  in the end. It is like the estimated due date. Statistically correct but in the end only about 4% of the babies really arrive on that day. 

Actually there is this which makes the risk higher than in a smaller family: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternal_birth_order_and_male_sexual_orientation but of course all Duggar and Bates kids may be straight just as a single born male in another family may be gay.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:35 AM, formergothardite said:

This was in an interview Gil and Kelly did forever ago when they hadn't yet gotten semi-famous. The woman asked Kelly to name her children and it got awkward when Kelly giggled and said she couldn't but Gil could. Gil said he could as long as it was in birth order. 

I can name their children in birth order and I’m not even that interested in their family.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:25 PM, Vivi_music said:

Did she really type ''we all look a mess''?  From that picture? :pb_lol:??

F*ck me, they're all gorgeous. Really, she should see how I look when I'm a mess.

She should see how I look when I’m not a mess ...

On 10/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, VelociRapture said:

Michelle has a sister who is gay. I don’t know when she came out (and it’s none of my business), but she’s apparently been happily and openly in a relationship for a long time. I have no clue if the Bates have a close connection who is gay as well, but the Duggars definitely do and it appears to have done exactly nothing to change Jim Bob and Michelle’s views*. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if that was true for the Bateses as well, especially considering they decorated a room with a photo of Nathan Bedford Forrest (first leader of the KKK) when Kelly has two black sisters.

*I also have no clue how close their kids are with their Aunt.

Based on how close they are with their parents or grandma, probably not at all.

Have we ever seen any of the Duggar kids having GM Mary over for lunch or mentioning visiting her?

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Based on how close they are with their parents or grandma, probably not at all.

Have we ever seen any of the Duggar kids having GM Mary over for lunch or mentioning visiting her?

The only one I remember is Amy, who appears to be genuinely close with her Grandma. But I don’t think that’s who you meant. :pb_lol:

On 8/17/2018 at 7:57 PM, feministxtian said:

Then never go anywhere that's considered remotely southern. Y'all is used by EVERYONE except the yankees. Don't like it? Tough shit. Y'all do not get to be the arbiters of colloquial speech and/or dialects. 

Of all the things to get your shorts in a knot over...

HAHAHA!  I think that I said or typed y'all at least 10 times today.  Louisiana girl here.  Y'all is definitely standard speech.  Also, I used to say Coke for any drink, but now I either name the drink or just say soft drink. 

Y'all is also gender neutral. I always address a group of people as y'all.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived