IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if Whitney wanted a vowel renewal for her 5th anniversary. When she found out she was pregnant, she did it early, so the dress would still fit.

(I have no clue what the dates were for anything.)

12 hours ago, Aauel said:

I'm wondering if Whitney wanted a vowel renewal for her 5th anniversary. When she found out she was pregnant, she did it early, so the dress would still fit.

(I have no clue what the dates were for anything.)

Its possible. She knew she was pregnant before the renewal, in fact they had plans to announce it at the renewal, so i asume she expected to be about 3 months by that time.

I just read on the Ellie blog about the reason for the vow renewal. It's a bit of an answer to the speculation about Whitney's parents. She said her bio-parents(well, just said parents in this report) weren't at their original wedding, because their relationship was broken at the time. But now it's been restored. 

I'd like to think she does still have a relationship with the adopted parents, but it's more like an aunt-uncle or older-mentors type relationship where they get together a few times a year, but not on holidays. And NEVER on camera.

I don’t know why many are so focused on her relationship with her „adoptive“ parents (it wasn’t a real adoption as far as I know)? Maybe they were horrible? Maybe it didn’t work out with them? Maybe something upset her so she broke off the contact? In my opinion no one has the right to be in contact when the other person doesn’t want to. 

Just because Whitney only ever posted and talked nicely about them doesn’t mean a thing. She (as most people) only shows the beautiful side of her life. 

We have also no real clue as to why she lived with them.

I would wish for her to have a good relationship with both sets of parents/ that she made decisions that are good for her.

I fear I am not getting my point across very well. There is so much wrong in Bates land- I don’t see the problem with Whitney’s relationship to those 4 people. But of course I would love to know- I am a curious person (and might get too invested in the life of completely strangers- damn reality tv).

I'm wondering if Whitney wanted a vowel renewal for her 5th anniversary.

Not sure. Was she consonantly asking for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t know why many are so focused on her relationship with her „adoptive“ parents (it wasn’t a real adoption as far as I know)? Maybe they were horrible? Maybe it didn’t work out with them? Maybe something upset her so she broke off the contact? In my opinion no one has the right to be in contact when the other person doesn’t want to. 

Just because Whitney only ever posted and talked nicely about them doesn’t mean a thing. She (as most people) only shows the beautiful side of her life. 

We have also no real clue as to why she lived with them.

I would wish for her to have a good relationship with both sets of parents/ that she made decisions that are good for her.

I fear I am not getting my point across very well. There is so much wrong in Bates land- I don’t see the problem with Whitney’s relationship to those 4 people. But of course I would love to know- I am a curious person (and might get too invested in the life of completely strangers- damn reality tv).

I think the same. But another times this was bringed up, people claimed that someone from FJ had talked to the adoptive parents on facebook and knew the insight to the situation, and how the bio parents were so abusive to her, and the adoptive so good...personally i think if this is true(and that is a big if, because anyone can claim to have talked to the adoptive parents without any proof) it is still only one side of the story, and obviously the adoptive parents are going to  present thenselves as the good guys (not saying they are not, just that there is always two sides to every story).

1 hour ago, llucie said:

and obviously the adoptive parents are going to  present thenselves as the good guys (not saying they are not, just that there is always two sides to every story).

Why is that obvious? I think adoptive parents (and any parent, for that matter) are capable of presenting a balanced view of a situation. I know foster/adoptive parents who can speak very positively about their child's bio parents. In most cases, it's best for the kids to do this. 

It's possible it was this: "We were the best possible parents for Whitney, better than those stinky bio parents. . . "

But it may have been this: "Whitney's parents tried, but they were struggling with X, and because of that Whitney was acting out a bit, and a change of scene really helped her.  We were lucky enough to have an extra bedroom . . . "

15 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Why is that obvious? I think adoptive parents (and any parent, for that matter) are capable of presenting a balanced view of a situation. I know foster/adoptive parents who can speak very positively about their child's bio parents. In most cases, it's best for the kids to do this. 

It's possible it was this: "We were the best possible parents for Whitney, better than those stinky bio parents. . . "

But it may have been this: "Whitney's parents tried, but they were struggling with X, and because of that Whitney was acting out a bit, and a change of scene really helped her.  We were lucky enough to have an extra bedroom . . . "

Just the fact that they talked to complete strangers on facebook about a super private situation seems weird to me. Like they wanted to defend their image to the public, when there is no need because Whitney has never said anything bad about them. Also acusing someone of abuse without evidence...i am not saying Whitney parents were not abusive, but you cant just put that out there without evidence, what if is not true and they are slandering them. If thats true wouldnt there be records of a conviction or something like that? But as i said before we dont even know if is true that the parents talked to someone, i dont want to call a poster here a liar, but if there is no proof how do we know its not something he or she made up, especially because it seems so bizarre that they would just tell a random stranger about such a private and sensitive topic.

Whitney doesn't want to talk about the whole bio/foster parents situation. This gets brought up every single thread about them. She doesn't want to talk about it, whatever happened has happened and is in the past. It may be very painful for her and she doesn't owe anyone an explanation. Just leave it be. 

10 hours ago, llucie said:

Just the fact that they talked to complete strangers on facebook about a super private situation seems weird to me. Like they wanted to defend their image to the public,

Yes, that is weird.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, llucie said:

Just the fact that they talked to complete strangers on facebook about a super private situation seems weird to me. Like they wanted to defend their image to the public, when there is no need because Whitney has never said anything bad about them. Also acusing someone of abuse without evidence...i am not saying Whitney parents were not abusive, but you cant just put that out there without evidence, what if is not true and they are slandering them. If thats true wouldnt there be records of a conviction or something like that? But as i said before we dont even know if is true that the parents talked to someone, i dont want to call a poster here a liar, but if there is no proof how do we know its not something he or she made up, especially because it seems so bizarre that they would just tell a random stranger about such a private and sensitive topic.

As far as I recall, the poster on here claimed to somehow be an acquaintance to the Owens family - so not a stranger. The poster claims to have reached out to Mrs. Owens and Mrs. Owens really didn’t say very much about the situation. I definitely don’t recall the poster claiming that Mrs. Owens accused anyone of abuse either. If I’m remembering right, the abuse allegation was one of several suggestions made on FJ (and likely other sites) as an explanation for why Whit ended up with the Owenses. None of the parties directly involved - Whitney, her birth parents, or her adoptive parents - have ever revealed what happened and they have every right to their privacy on the matter if that’s what they want. 

(I haven’t looked back to refresh my memory because I don’t have the time. This is just what I remember off the top of my head.)

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

As far as I recall, the poster on here claimed to somehow be an acquaintance to the Owens family - so not a stranger. The poster claims to have reached out to Mrs. Owens and Mrs. Owens really didn’t say very much about the situation. I definitely don’t recall the poster claiming that Mrs. Owens accused anyone of abuse either. If I’m remembering right, the abuse allegation was one of several suggestions made on FJ (and likely other sites) as an explanation for why Whit ended up with the Owenses. None of the parties directly involved - Whitney, her birth parents, or her adoptive parents - have ever revealed what happened and they have every right to their privacy on the matter if that’s what they want. 

(I haven’t looked back to refresh my memory because I don’t have the time. This is just what I remember off the top of my head.)

I remember otherwise, but i may be wrong then. Its not important anyway, as i said we really dont know anything about the matter and are not in a position to give a fair opinion, i think. If Whitney is happy that she has a good relationship with her parents now, then to me that talks louder than anything else.

2 hours ago, llucie said:

I remember otherwise, but i may be wrong then. Its not important anyway, as i said we really dont know anything about the matter and are not in a position to give a fair opinion, i think. If Whitney is happy that she has a good relationship with her parents now, then to me that talks louder than anything else.

This was all I could find (after a short search):

Poster claiming to have seen public posts by a family member (not sure if adoptive or biological) alleging abuse. 

Here we go! Post by the poster claiming to have heard directly from Mrs. Owens that Whit was abused her whole life by her bio parents and they didn’t want her talking to the adoptive parents. Bateses allegedly encouraged Whit to reconcile with bio parents.

Same poster stating that she was Instagram friends with Mrs. Owens and she asked her about the situation via private message. 

So I was incorrect and the poster did claim that Mrs. Owens alleged abuse, but I was correct that the poster was the one who contacted Mrs. Owens first. Neither post offered any kind of evidence to support the claims though. I get that the poster likely wanted to protect their identity and/or Mrs. Owens’ privacy, but I’m not just going to take their word on something so serious.

(And as a side note, I am a bit uncomfortable with this poster claiming to reveal information they allegedly received via private message. I’m glad they didn’t screenshot anything, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The Owenses aren’t really public figures and I feel like it’s a bit of a breach of trust to reveal something said if there was an expectation of privacy, which I think would be the case considering this was stated in a DM and not on the comments of a post.)

I am not a fan of vow renewals and am not looking forward to seeing Whitney try on wedding dresses in tonight's episode. Enough is enough with the wedding dress shopping.

I just saw a short bit of the wedding dress shopping but I thought it was funny when she said something along the lines of "I really liked the second one, but I decided got try on a third just to make sure." And then she LOVED the third, and I thought "too bad this isn't their philosophy on husbands!" lol.

I'm sure the producers told her to try on three dresses. Otherwise she would have just purchased the second one because she loved it. Josie looked bored.I would have been bored to sit through dress shopping for a vow renewal ceremony.

Of course the girls are in NYC. If a subset of Bates don't go on vacation every damn week, the world will end.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Of course the girls are in NYC. If a subset of Bates don't go on vacation every damn week, the world will end.

I'm just shocked Lawson isn't tagging along! :P 

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Whitney, Carlin, and Katie are in NYC

Nike! Nike! Nike! Especially Whitney's zip - such an eye trap. SMH

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived