IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no issues with “y’all”, except that it sounds weird to me when I say it because I’m from New England. Just like it sounds weird to me when anyone not from New England (or Britain) uses “wicked” in place of “very.” Those are words I’m just not expecting to hear with other accents and it throws me off completely when it happens. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I have no issues with “y’all”, except that it sounds weird to me when I say it because I’m from New England. Just like it sounds weird to me when anyone not from New England (or Britain) uses “wicked” in place of “very.” Those are words I’m just not expecting to hear with other accents and it throws me off completely when it happens. :pb_lol:

I have never heard wicked used instead of very. I am having a hard time imagining how it could be used. Can you give me an example?

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

I have never heard wicked used instead of very. I am having a hard time imagining how it could be used. Can you give me an example?

Those brownies were wicked good.  That guy is wicked hot.  That party was a wicked pisser.

(not the OP, I just miss living in Mass for the language)

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Those brownies were wicked good.  That guy is wicked hot.  That party was a wicked pisser.

Yep now that you give me examples, I have heard it. 

I can not even blame lack of coffee for that brain fart then.

Cheers for that. 

It's spelled with the apostrophe after the first letter, folks, not the second:

Y'ALL (as noted above, it's a contraction of "you all")

xoxo

sis scoutsadie

Y'all is contagious. When (ever, LOL) I visit my cousins in TX, I come home to CA saying "y'all."

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

By husband's cousins from Ireland always use "brilliant."

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just for you:

:laughing-rolling:

I don’t think that picture shows her “dirty pillows”. (Carrie reference)  Bradley is seriously a good looking child, he could easily be a model.

Gil and Kelly have only been grandparents for four years and they have almost nine grandchildren? Wow. The Duggars had a much slower curve because only Josh was married for so long.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Gil and Kelly have only been grandparents for four years and they have almost nine grandchildren? Wow. The Duggars had a much slower curve because only Josh was married for so long.

I have been a GM for 4 years too. In comparison, I am close to 10 years older than the Bs/Ds and have one grandchild.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:21 AM, VelociRapture said:

Just for you:

:laughing-rolling:

Jay is a wicked shitty listener for most of that video. :pb_lol: 

Bradley is hands down one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Shame he's stuck with a fundie family. 

23 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jay is a wicked shitty listener for most of that video. :pb_lol: 

Bradley is hands down one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Shame he's stuck with a fundie family. 

Bradley is an extremely handsome and photogenic boy. He seems like a happy kid, too.

Did we know that Whitney is doing the fabfitfun thing?

(The company that kicked Jill Dillard out after some complaints.)

whit.JPG

29 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Did we know that Whitney is doing the fabfitfun thing?

(The company that kicked Jill Dillard out after some complaints.)

whit.JPG

Yep, she’s made various posts promoting them already.

I just scrolled through her insta-I think the first one was in November last year and I counted about 5 posts after that

On 11/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Yep, she’s made various posts promoting them already.

I just scrolled through her insta-I think the first one was in November last year and I counted about 5 posts after that

Do we know for sure Jill was kicked out? I know she deleted the post but was it confirmed why? I don’t remember reading that? The ofjill thread moves at a snails pace for topics (I find) lately. but a lightening spead for pages. Maybe I missed it. 

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Do we know for sure Jill was kicked out? I know she deleted the post but was it confirmed why? I don’t remember reading that? The ofjill thread moves at a snails pace for topics (I find) lately. but a lightening spead for pages. Maybe I missed it. 

There was an exchange on Facebook from someone who has a fundie tumblr account (I think it was tumblr but not 100% sure) with fab fit fun which confirmed it. I can’t find the screenshot now though but I think it is on the Dillard threads

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

There was an exchange on Facebook from someone who has a fundie tumblr account (I think it was tumblr but not 100% sure) with fab fit fun which confirmed it. I can’t find the screenshot now though but I think it is on the Dillard threads

And off bate’s topic. That’s sooooo embarrassing. I would be mortified.  It almost makes me feel sorry for her. Except she won’t be embarrassed or self reflect on why but rather paint it as persecution. 

I use Ye for a group of people. How are ye? What are ye at? Where are ye to? It's a good word. Y'all sounds awkward to my ears but it's not something I hear much. So it would sound awkward to me. Clumsy might be a better word. It doesn't fit with the local culture.

I don't follow the Bates much, but when I saw pics of Whitney's vow removal and that modern but not completely modest dress, I had to check in. 

Why?! These two have been together less than a decade, a vow renewal with fancy dresses and the whole nine yards seems ridiculous, and is definitely not frugal. It's not like there's any shortage of courtships, weddings, and precious blessings for the show to cover, why do these two get a vow renewal?

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I don't follow the Bates much, but when I saw pics of Whitney's vow removal and that modern but not completely modest dress, I had to check in. 

Why?! These two have been together less than a decade, a vow renewal with fancy dresses and the whole nine yards seems ridiculous, and is definitely not frugal. It's not like there's any shortage of courtships, weddings, and precious blessings for the show to cover, why do these two get a vow renewal?

I got the feeling it is because Whitney was very unhappy with the first wedding. She was trying to fit in with the fundie's despite having another background. Now she could do it her way. And it looked much better ?

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I agree on the whole, but Whit and Zach are not preaching about frugality. They wear new brand clothes and bought a nice house and don't seem to be lying about their way of life. They can be hypocrites in a lot of issues, but at least not in this one. And while I'm sure TV paid for the vow renewal, this kind of ceremony really fits Whit. She obviously hates her wedding (no bio parents there, tacky decorations etc) and she wanted to do it again. It may be considered a waste of money but they hurt nobody, so to each their own.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived