IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

I love Whitney’s style. I always say it but she has come so far with her personal style. She must have really hit her stride in the health & fitness area because she just gets better & better as she ages. 

With that being said.... her little dresses get shorter & shorter... I’m sure she’s raising some eyebrows on the home front. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

I love Whitney’s style. I always say it but she has come so far with her personal style. She must have really hit her stride in the health & fitness area because she just gets better & better as she ages. 

With that being said.... her little dresses get shorter & shorter... I’m sure she’s raising some eyebrows on the home front. 

Yes! I was watching an season 1 episode right after watching season 7, the contrast was striking! 

I don't think that the Bates modesty standards worked for Whitney. She grew up non fundie, it wasn't for her. She went fundie, and is now out of her shell, finding her style in her 20s. Nothing wrong with that! 

• 2 weeks later...

Kelly writes far better birthdays posts for her daugther-in-law than for her youngest daugthers. I think Kelly does not really like little kids and she only starts bonding to her children once they hit teen age or when they are adults. Sure it was a great idea to have 19 babies.

I knew Whitney was days older than me, but it's really sinking in right now that she's very literally days older than me and has 2 kids and has been married for nearly 5 years.

Meanwhile I'm debating whether I'll get out of my pyjamas this morning! (I probably won't, I'm so comfy right now).

Its super sweet.  And I'm glad she loved it. But if I came home to find a mattress dragged out in my living room, my kids in the bed with snacks, all I'd be thinking is oh my, thank you, but who has to clean this up?  Sigh. I may have lost my cuteness factor...

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Its super sweet.  And I'm glad she loved it. But if I came home to find a mattress dragged out in my living room, my kids in the bed with snacks, all I'd be thinking is oh my, thank you, but who has to clean this up?  Sigh. I may have lost my cuteness factor...

I'd be happy to clean it up if it meant I got chicken in a biscuit crackers!

On 9/22/2018 at 7:47 PM, Melissa1977 said:

Kelly writes far better birthdays posts for her daugther-in-law than for her youngest daugthers. I think Kelly does not really like little kids and she only starts bonding to her children once they hit teen age or when they are adults. Sure it was a great idea to have 19 babies.

I think she is the opposite of Michelle.

Michelle loves babies, but loses interest once they outgrow the squishy snuggly baby phase.

I think Kelly doesn't enjoy little kids as much as she enjoys older kids/teens/adult kids.

11 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Michelle loves babies, but loses interest once they outgrow the squishy snuggly baby phase.

I think Kelly doesn't enjoy little kids as much as she enjoys older kids/teens/adult kids.

I don't think Michelle loves babies as much as she claims. Also her statement that she personally cares for the babies their first 6 months was proved false. She left a micropremiee with barely adult sistermoms, just to travel to Central America. It clearly showed how *bonded* she was with her baby.

Probably Michelle genuinely loved babies when she was a young mother. But kid after kid, she was less involved. And now that they are teens or adults, she doesn't seem to have a close relationship with most of her children, conversely to Kelly.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't think Michelle loves babies as much as she claims. Also her statement that she personally cares for the babies their first 6 months was proved false. She left a micropremiee with barely adult sistermoms, just to travel to Central America. It clearly showed how *bonded* she was with her baby.

Probably Michelle genuinely loved babies when she was a young mother. But kid after kid, she was less involved. And now that they are teens or adults, she doesn't seem to have a close relationship with most of her children, conversely to Kelly.

I agree. She only likes babies because they get her all the attention she wants. If she really loved babies she wouldn't be tossing them off to her daughters in six months. 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:02 AM, Carm_88 said:

Seems like Whitney got into her pjs too! :)

Okay that is a really cute picture.

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

she doesn't seem to have a close relationship with most of her children, conversely to Kelly.

I wonder what sort of relationship Kelly will have with the forgotten middle and the pampered younger group. I'm sure at least from Josie up she had to actually care for them as babies/toddlers because the older children just weren't old enough to do it all. She was forced to be hands on with them. But the rest Kelly assigned them to a buddy before they were even born and they grew up with their real mothers being sisters and Kelly being a person who traveled a lot to give speeches about what an awesome mom she is. Kelly didn't care for these children when they were small, she doesn't teach them, she still travels a lot without them, what will they grow up to think of her and Gil? 

So forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere, but it bugs me how blatantly they lied about getting Bradley’s nursery ready. Gil was showing Zach how to do drywall supposedly and how to do pretty much everything else. Fast forward to today and we know Zach did construction long before that and was a framer and can build just about anything, including directing crews of people working. What is the point of the lie? 

9 hours ago, onyourwayhome said:

What is the point of the lie? 

They needed a plot for the show. Stuff like that just shows how far from reality their reality tv is. 

I wonder how they justify lying, though. Like Zach saying that his mom only bought brand name Honey Nut Cheerios. There is no way that is true! They lied to make money. I can see how they could justify lying by omission when they leave out all the involvement with IBLP but just straight up lying? How do they justify that? 

On 9/24/2018 at 6:00 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Can't really blame Kelly for that personally. I did not enjoy the baby stage, am dreading it this second time round and am enjoying kid number one more and more the older he gets. That doesn't mean I shouldn't have more babies if I wanted more children - just that the early times won't be as easy! 

Kelly went beyond not enjoying the baby stage, she didn't actually parent the baby stage. And at some point she stopped parenting the the preschool/elementary stage. 

I think it is more that Kelly was a child collector who likes her children after they can start doing things for her and requires nothing from her. So she will act like a grandparent to her current young children and will like them when they are almost grown. 

Kelly shouldn't have had more children because she doesn't appear to want to parent children.  I'm not sure Gil did a  hell of a lot of parenting either. 

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not sure Gil did a  hell of a lot of parenting either. 

I kind of feel like Gil did more hands on parenting. In the early shows he has Judd or Jeb riding on his shoulders constantly. Plus the kids really do seem to like him. My opinion is based on watching a tv show, so for all I know he is a crummy dad! 

4 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I kind of feel like Gil did more hands on parenting. In the early shows he has Judd or Jeb riding on his shoulders constantly. Plus the kids really do seem to like him. My opinion is based on watching a tv show, so for all I know he is a crummy dad! 

Before than that, in a Duggar special where Bates were invited to Duggar home, it was Erin and Gil who did all the go-to-bed routine. He seemed very accustomed to do it. The middle boys were the little ones then. Gil was doing more parenting chores than JB for sure (at least in the video, but didn't seem staged). The bee queens Michelle and Kelly just did nothing. Teen Jana organised the house. 

12 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I know he is a crummy dad! 

I'm going to say he is a crummy dad just because he sent his teen daughters off to travel with Bill Gothard when there were lots of stories about how Gothard picked teen girls who looked just like his daughters to play footsie with. And at that point they were deep into IBLP and there is no way he hadn't heard all the stories. 

He might be more hands on with parenting than Kelly, but she was pretty distant, so it would be hard to be less involved than she was. He could name his children when asked years ago, so I'll give him that. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He could name his children when asked years ago, so I'll give him that.

How low the bar is for these people.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived