IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JillRodsEyeliner, I not a fan of white cabinets either.   I had while cabinets in one of my apartments before buying our house and let's just say I consider myself lucky I got sick of that color so it was never considered when I consulted with the builder designer while choosing cabinets, fixtures and carpet for the house.  

The original oak ones looked fine to me but to each his own.

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

@JillRodsEyeliner, I not a fan of white cabinets either.   I had while cabinets in one of my apartments before buying our house and let's just say I consider myself lucky I got sick of that color so it was never considered when I consulted with the builder designer while choosing cabinets, fixtures and carpet for the house.  

The original oak ones looked fine to me but to each his own.

It looked a lot less like a padded room. 

Ok this is a totally different topic/discussion which I am sure was discussed in a thread at some point, but sometimes when you a nursing a baby you can fall down internet black holes. I happened upon the Bates' old blog and the entry about Zach and Whitney's wedding (thebatesfamily.com/2014/01/zach-whits-wedding-ceremony/)

A few questions: 

All of her non-Bates bridesmaids look so young, and in terms of the Bates women she used Katie, Josie and Alyssa. Does anyone find it weird that she seems to have picked a wedding party that much younger than her (perhaps with the exception of Alyssa)? Why would she use so many of the "younger" Bates girls instead of Michela/Erin/ Tori etc who seem to be closer to her age?

Does she even have a relationship with her adopted parents anymore? Her adopted father walked her down the aisle, participated in the ceremony, and presumably helped pay for the wedding, and now they don't seem to be anywhere to be found (on TV or social media). Maybe they don't want to be on TV/Social but I find this to be incredibly odd, and a little bit sad. 

23 minutes ago, BennettLeland said:

Ok this is a totally different topic/discussion which I am sure was discussed in a thread at some point, but sometimes when you a nursing a baby you can fall down internet black holes. I happened upon the Bates' old blog and the entry about Zach and Whitney's wedding (thebatesfamily.com/2014/01/zach-whits-wedding-ceremony/)

A few questions: 

All of her non-Bates bridesmaids look so young, and in terms of the Bates women she used Katie, Josie and Alyssa. Does anyone find it weird that she seems to have picked a wedding party that much younger than her (perhaps with the exception of Alyssa)? Why would she use so many of the "younger" Bates girls instead of Michela/Erin/ Tori etc who seem to be closer to her age?

Does she even have a relationship with her adopted parents anymore? Her adopted father walked her down the aisle, participated in the ceremony, and presumably helped pay for the wedding, and now they don't seem to be anywhere to be found (on TV or social media). Maybe they don't want to be on TV/Social but I find this to be incredibly odd, and a little bit sad. 

I can't answer your second question but i can kind of answer your first question. even today Whitney is very close to Katie. Katie had been a chaperone for her and Zach alot during their courtship.  Micheal does not like being in wedding parties. she was in Alyssa's i believe  and Tori's but declined being in Erin's so no surprise she wasn't in Whitney's the next two are just a bit of conjecture on my part. 

Erin had just married chad a month before Zach and Whit married I doubt she had time to put in to being in Whit's wedding also, and Tori was Erin's MOH so I give her the same reason for not being in the wedding party.  

You also have to remember that Whitney was born in September of 1993 so Katie is barely 7 years younger then her. Carlin is only about 4 and a half years younger and Josie not exactly 6 years . so really the age gaps  are not that big. 

2 hours ago, BennettLeland said:

A few questions: 

Zach also picked Jackson, Warden and Isaiah to be groomsmen rather than Nathan, Lawson and Trace. It’s been mentioned he’s pretty close to those guys. Maybe Whitney just felt closest to the girls she picked as well

12 hours ago, BennettLeland said:

A few questions: 

I covered the parent situation a bit in the family summary thread:

Basically, we don’t know very much about the situation. All we know for sure is that she ended up with the Owens family somehow in her late teens and that it appears that Whit reconciled with her birth parents sometime between her wedding and when Bradley was born. Whitney herself has never spoken out about why she ended up with the Owens family, why she has since reconciled with her parents, or why the Owens family appears to no longer have contact with her (at least publicly.) There have been several theories floated around on here about the whole situation.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Whitney is going to make it through 2018 without  producing blessing #3. It will probably be on the way, though.

Correct me if I am wrong---a 2 1/2 year age gap between siblings is unheard of in the Bates universe, right?

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Zach also picked Jackson, Warden and Isaiah to be groomsmen rather than Nathan, Lawson and Trace. It’s been mentioned he’s pretty close to those guys. Maybe Whitney just felt closest to the girls she picked as well

Lawson indeed got a groomsman spot, according to the program. Nathan and Trace were ushers.

ETA: Alyssa's name being spelled wrong is cringeworthy.

bulletin-pic-inside.jpg

43 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Whitney is going to make it through 2018 without  producing blessing #3. It will probably be on the way, though.

Correct me if I am wrong---a 2 1/2 year age gap between siblings is unheard of in the Bates universe, right?

I believe it’s the biggest gap thus far. Only other sizable gap I can remember is Ellie and Callie, who are about 27 months apart (2 years and 3 months.)

Amongst the grandkids, we have -

Bradley and Kaci: I think about 20 months apart

Allie and Lexi: 21 months apart

Carson and Brooklyn: 15 months apart

Lexi and Zoey: right around 14 months apart

Brooklyn and Everly: about 19 months (closer to 20 months I think)

Kaci is currently about 22 months old. So yes. Even if Whit is pregnant right now and just not sharing, this appears to be the biggest gap thus far.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I believe it’s the biggest gap thus far. Only other sizable gap I can remember is Ellie and Callie, who are about 27 months apart (2 years and 3 months.)

Amongst the grandkids, we have -

Bradley and Kaci: I think about 20 months apart

Allie and Lexi: 21 months apart

Carson and Brooklyn: 15 months apart

Lexi and Zoey: right around 14 months apart

Brooklyn and Everly: about 19 months (closer to 20 months I think)

So yes. Even if Whit is pregnant right now and just not sharing, this appears to be the biggest gap thus far.

didn't Kelly have at least one miscarriage between Ellie and Callie? 

35 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it was two, but she did have at least one loss at that time. 

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think it was two, but she did have at least one loss at that time. 

Yes, it was two. Jewels at about 20 weeks and Jubilee.

Just now, Bethella said:

Yes, it was two. Jewels at about 20 weeks and Jubilee.

whoa i knew she had a few early miscarriages I didn't realize she had one so late. 

24 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

whoa i knew she had a few early miscarriages I didn't realize she had one so late. 

I can't find the citation for that one anymore. IIRC that was the pregnancy they announced while visiting the Duggars/on 17 kids and counting. 

9 hours ago, JoylessAnna said:

Lawson indeed got a groomsman spot, according to the program. Nathan and Trace were ushers.

ETA: Alyssa's name being spelled wrong is cringeworthy.

bulletin-pic-inside.jpg

I hadn't realized how many Owens she had in the wedding. I wonder if she ever sees any of them. How weird would it be for the kids to have her living with them for a period of time being in her wedding and then suddenly gone.       

@JordynDarby5 It was pretty brutal how she cut them out. There is a lot of speculation but not a lot of fact - the Owens, I believe, were parents of a friend of Whitney's who took her in. The bio parents had issues. I guess all that matters is "blood" in her world.

I’m extremely hesitant to judge Whitney in this situation. She was still a minor when she ended up with the Owens family and we have no clue what actually happened - whether she was legally adopted or just living with them, whether her parents were abusive at all or if they just had a big fight over something stupid, whether Whit completely cut contact with the Owens family or if she maintains contact privately... there are a ton of unknown factors. Whitney herself has chosen not to speak publicly about any of it and I think that’s understandable considering it could have been a pretty painful time in her life for many reasons. I think it’s natural for there to be curiosity due to how public they choose to make their lives, but I really don’t feel comfortable judging her based off the very little we know as fact.

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m extremely hesitant to judge Whitney in this situation. She was still a minor when she ended up with the Owens family and we have no clue what actually happened - whether she was legally adopted or just living with them, whether her parents were abusive at all or if they just had a big fight over something stupid, whether Whit completely cut contact with the Owens family or if she maintains contact privately... there are a ton of unknown factors. Whitney herself has chosen not to speak publicly about any of it and I think that’s understandable considering it could have even a pretty painful time in her life for many reasons. I think it’s natural for there to be curiosity due to how public they choose to make their lives, but I really don’t feel comfortable judging her based off the very little we know as fact.

Your right. We don't know what the situation was or how she ended up back with her bio parents. I do wish we know or at least if she was still privately in contact with the Owens since it looks like they were suddenly cut out and her bio parents were back. She seemed close to the family, they probably paid for her wedding, several members were in her wedding party, and the father performed the ceremony. Its so strange after all that, they were suddenly gone. But your right Whitney has chosen not to say anything and she doesn't have to.  

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Your right. We don't know what the situation was or how she ended up back with her bio parents. I do wish we know or at least if she was still privately in contact with the Owens since it looks like they were suddenly cut out and her bio parents were back. She seemed close to the family, they probably paid for her wedding, several members were in her wedding party, and the father performed the ceremony. Its so strange after all that, they were suddenly gone. But your right Whitney has chosen not to say anything and she doesn't have to.  

Then she should not be in the public eye. Sorry, but speculators gonna speculate when you put yourself out there. And they are always going to think the worse.

17 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Then she should not be in the public eye. Sorry, but speculators gonna speculate when you put yourself out there. And they are always going to think the worse.

Yes, Whitney is in the public eye, but the Owens are not. They and Whitney could have a great relationship for all we know, but wish to remain private. Just because one person decides to become a public figure it shouldn't force their family/relatives to become public figures as well. I can see Whitney not making any statements regarding the Owens at all in order to let them keep their privacy. Even a short statement saying that they are still in touch but the Owens wish to remain private could potentially lead to more questions/speculation into the matter.

From what I remember it's been said that Erin and Chad's wedding was shown on 19 KAC but Zach and Whitney's wasn't because the weddings were held so close together and TLC didn't want to feature two non-family weddings. Do we have any citations/links that confirm this? Isn't it possible that Zach and Whitney's wedding wasn' t filmed by TLC because the Owens objected to be shown on television/the Owens objected to their minor children being shown (and since there are so many of the in the wedding party it would've been almost impossible to edit them out without losing all context)?

7 hours ago, Icea said:

Yes, Whitney is in the public eye, but the Owens are not. They and Whitney could have a great relationship for all we know, but wish to remain private. Just because one person decides to become a public figure it shouldn't force their family/relatives to become public figures as well. I can see Whitney not making any statements regarding the Owens at all in order to let them keep their privacy. Even a short statement saying that they are still in touch but the Owens wish to remain private could potentially lead to more questions/speculation into the matter.

From what I remember it's been said that Erin and Chad's wedding was shown on 19 KAC but Zach and Whitney's wasn't because the weddings were held so close together and TLC didn't want to feature two non-family weddings. Do we have any citations/links that confirm this? Isn't it possible that Zach and Whitney's wedding wasn' t filmed by TLC because the Owens objected to be shown on television/the Owens objected to their minor children being shown (and since there are so many of the in the wedding party it would've been almost impossible to edit them out without losing all context)?

well if there is any truth to the second part. Then Zach and Whit are lucky they married before BUB aired if they had married after they really would have had no choice but to have the wedding aired on the show. 

WOW. Did Kelly name one of her miscarried babies Jubilee?  That is what Michelle Duggar named the baby she lost after Josie. Is there some significance to this name? 

33 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

WOW. Did Kelly name one of her miscarried babies Jubilee?  That is what Michelle Duggar named the baby she lost after Josie. Is there some significance to this name? 

Kelly lost that pregnancy prior to Michelle losing her Jubilee. Kelly has said that they chose names for the lost pregnancies based off hymns that were important to them. I think the Duggars chose Jubilee because of the meaning when combined with the middle name Shalom (something along the lines of “Peaceful Celebration.”)

ETA: Michelle wrote a letter to Jubilee that I think was read at the memorial service they had. In it, she wrote that the name meant “Joyful celebration of peace.” 

https://www.google.com/amp/hollywoodlife.com/2011/12/22/michelle-duggar-jubilee-letter/amp/

Parts of the letter are kind of eye roll worthy, but other parts (a lot of them) are genuinely sweet and kind of heartbreaking. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived