IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

What struck me about the Nepal episode was how creepy the entire thing was. I felt like Jill was being bought and sold during it. 

It felt more like a transaction or an arrangement to me than a mutual decision. I wonder if it was JB having trouble with whether anyone would be good enough for his Jilly Muffin (since she was the first daughter to be engaged he didn't have much to go off of anyway) or if Derick genuinely rubbed him the wrong way. I also get sad watching them look like they're going to run into each other's arms at the airport only to end up sharing a side hug. Very anticlimactic.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Pickles. Whoa. She can’t see how much she now seems like who she ‘reports on’ acting much the same way. What she attempted is just simply not her place. Her page is turning in to transformed wife. Agree with me or get deleted. I was banned when I called her out for allowing fans to make fun of underage Rodrigues kids.

Jill walk. last summer we took our 7,5 and 18 month old on a really long walk around our town playing Pokémon go, stopped and had lunch, stopped at a park, stopped for ice cream. We probably walked 3-4 miles. My 18 month old was pushing my 5 year old in the stroller cause she just never stops! We did send daddy home for the car when we were at the park because we had been out for hours at this point but there is nothing wrong with a long walk with kids/ toddlers; especially if she’s in a different town looking for simple cheap ways to see the city while derick... does whatever he does. Sunscreen of course is a requirement. None of my kids will keep hat or sunglasses on...

my 2 cents for the day. Lol

10 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Ok. Pickles. Whoa. She can’t see how much she now seems like who she ‘reports on’ cod acting much the same way. What image attempted is just simply not her place. Her page is turning in to transformed wife. Agree with me or get deleted. I was banned when I called her out for allowing fans to make fun of underage Rodrigues kids.

Jill walk. last summer we took our 7,5 and 18 month old on a really long walk around our town playing Pokémon go, stopped and had lunch, stopped at a park, stopped for ice cream. We probably walked 3-4 miles. My 18 month old was pushing my 5 year old in the stroller cause she just never stops! We did send daddy home for the car when we were at the park because we had been out for hours at this point but there is nothing wrong with a long walk with kids/ toddlers; especially if she’s in a different town looking for simple cheap ways to see the city while derick... does whatever he does. Sunscreen of course is a requirement. None of my kids will keep hat or sunglasses on...

my 2 cents for the day. Lol

I recently tagged along on a business trip my daughter took to Quito, EC. I was the nanny for my soon to be 4 YO GD. I am sure we walked 4+ miles a day, everyday, while  we were there. My GD never complained about the walking, but she did complain when it started to rain while we waited for the big red bus (we were on a hop on/off tour). "Mimi, I think we should just get a taxi" she said. LOL

I took my kids on long walks, too.  I think my problem with Jill's post is that the wording made it seem like the goal of the walk was to go to Chick Fil A, which just struck me as odd.  I may be BEC, though.

Pickles is acting like Jill is torturing the kids.  Forcing them to walk.  At this point, I doubt she fostered.  Anyone with little kids walks them and knows how it is.  And, how important it is tp get out there and explore.  She's a whack job.  The "Jill forcing Izzy to walk around" is exactly like the "Josie in danger" thing.  This pickle digger has not been around kids much.  And, she's terrible at faking like she has.  

7 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I took my kids on long walks, too.  I think my problem with Jill's post is that the wording made it seem like the goal of the walk was to go to Chick Fil A, which just struck me as odd.  I may be BEC, though.

I'm all about long walks with toddlers, but I think there's a huge difference between talking a long walk through a park or on a trail with a toddler (where they can stop and explore safely, have things to look at, stop when they want, possibly find shade) and talking a long walk in the sun with a toddler alongside what appears to be a not-insignificant thoroughfare.  I agree with you: that's not really a walk WITH a kid, that's dragging a kid along as you go to Chik-Fil-A.  Izzy probably wasn't able to explore or stop and look at things.  I can't imagine he could engage with his mom over the noise of the road.  He may not have been allowed to walk that much due to safety concerns.  

This doesn't look like a fun walk for Izzy that ended at Chik-fil-a.  This looks like Jill dragging the kids on a long walk so they could go to Chik-fil-a.  Maybe it was just where she took the picture and they mostly walked through a park, but still.  

As for Jill's walk with out this or that, its been in the 50's in CO Sp, it isn't hot, the sun isn't very intense just bright, She She has what looks like a stroller that an older child can stand on. And as @Georgiana said we don't know what walk was like. Remember this is Jill she stupidly took a pick IN the bright sun  in front of Chick-Fil-A. AFTER an hour long walk BEFORE she fed the boys, she's clueless, I'm guessing Izzy was hungry and wanted to go eat and mom was taking his picture.  If she had been smart she would have found a shady spot with Izzy playing in some dirt and said "walking to lunch" but she's Jill so...

watched Jill's intsa story. 2 things

1. Jill confirmed that yes she has her nose pierced so it's no stick/clip on like some people thought. 

2.  Jill and Derick considered going to Colorado for their Honeymoon. 

also birthday breakfast for Izzy

Jill and Derick have their highest Kiss ever

Spoiler

here is their birthday message to Izzy also there are some more birthday pics up on their site. 

Israel David,

We are so grateful to God for you, and we love you very much! You are a very sweet boy with an inquisitive personality. We love seeing you help little Sam; you are such a good big brother. We pray you grow to love Jesus with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and that you love and serve others!

Love,

Papa and Mama

39 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Pickles is acting like Jill is torturing the kids.  Forcing them to walk.  At this point, I doubt she fostered.  Anyone with little kids walks them and knows how it is.  And, how important it is tp get out there and explore.  She's a whack job.  The "Jill forcing Izzy to walk around" is exactly like the "Josie in danger" thing.  This pickle digger has not been around kids much.  And, she's terrible at faking like she has.  

She's probably just trying to bury her Jazz story by now since 99% called it for what it is.  But that sensationalist crap is her MO. See her previous posts here under "Digger"

20 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

watched Jill's intsa story. 2 things

1. Jill confirmed that yes she has her nose pierced so it's no stick/clip on like some people thought. 

2.  Jill and Derick considered going to Colorado for their Honeymoon. 

also birthday breakfast for Izzy

Hide contents

here is their birthday message to Izzy also there are some more birthday pics up on their site. 

Of course they had to put that love Jebus stuff in there. 

40 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

We pray you grow to love Jesus with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and that you love and serve others!

Love,

Papa and Mama

By hoping they ‘love and serve others’ I’m assuming, as neither Jill or Derek does anything for anyone else, they mean love and serve their Mama and Papa. Need to grow up to be good little dugger slaves kiddos. 

A few things:

1. As others said, there’s nothing wrong taking your kids for a walk that long. It’s good for everyone to get out for fresh air. I took my (then) almost 15 month old to the zoo back in March and she walked almost the entire time we were there (about two hours, with breaks for lunch and a snack). It was great exercise for us both and fantastic practice for her outdoor walking skills. I plan to do more outdoor walks like that this year.

2. My husband lived in Brooklyn the first decade of his life and they honestly walked everywhere, even on ridiculously busy roads. It was often much easier then using the car when it was available and better for their health and energy. 

3. As has been said a few times. It’s completely possible Jill is a dumbass who didn’t bring sun protection. It’s also possible Izzy is a typical toddler who randomly decided halfway through that he no longer liked hats and sunglasses. 

4. I’m guessing they picked Chick Fil’A (or however it’s spelled) for two reasons: first, because it’s food Izzy is familiar with and second, because of the playground. It could have been a good spot to get food Izzy likes and kill some time (and energy) on the playground. It’s also possible Jill meant it when she said they’d celebrate his birthday all week in that video of Izzy getting his birthday cake and this was part of that because he really wanted some.

The only things I see wrong with this situation is the post itself - the photos and caption. I doubt there’d be much controversy over this had Jill taken photos before they started walking or just used ones once they were inside (like the fourth one) and had she written her caption differently. For instance:

“We were enjoying this beautiful Colorado weather so much we wound up walking over an hour and ended up at Chick Fil’A. My legs feel like jelly, so glad we didn’t have to walk back!”

Or

”You know you’re a mom when... the birthday boy wants Chick Fil’A and you don’t have the car, so you walk an hour to get him some. Love my babies!”

And finally, to end this on a funny note - Considering they’re in Colorado, I was really hoping Derick meant something different when he said that was their highest kiss ever. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Hide contents

I do not believe for a split second that she hasnt kissed him on a plane.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I'm all about long walks with toddlers, but I think there's a huge difference between talking a long walk through a park or on a trail with a toddler (where they can stop and explore safely, have things to look at, stop when they want, possibly find shade) and talking a long walk in the sun with a toddler alongside what appears to be a not-insignificant thoroughfare.  I agree with you: that's not really a walk WITH a kid, that's dragging a kid along as you go to Chik-Fil-A.  Izzy probably wasn't able to explore or stop and look at things.  I can't imagine he could engage with his mom over the noise of the road.  He may not have been allowed to walk that much due to safety concerns.  

This doesn't look like a fun walk for Izzy that ended at Chik-fil-a.  This looks like Jill dragging the kids on a long walk so they could go to Chik-fil-a.  Maybe it was just where she took the picture and they mostly walked through a park, but still.  

I get what you mean but, people eho live in say NYC or LA do walk their kids around for blocks and blocks.  With tons of traffic, tons of people ( many of them very weird) and the sun shinning.  I really don't get this beef with the walk.  Agreed it's much nicer to be in nature or even just a more chill area, but that is not reality for many and they are fine.  Kids that age are full of energy and can find neat things everywhere!  Part of the fun of walking around just about anywhere is they notice things we adults no longer do and I love it.  That whole through the eyes of a child thing is really cool :D

ETA: How about Disney!  Talk about walking all day!  No one would even mention all the walking done at amusement parks.  We call it a Disney hangover.  I always feel like we need a days recovery after that!  

2 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I get what you mean but, people eho live in say NYC or LA do walk their kids around for blocks and blocks.  With tons of traffic, tons of people ( many of them very weird) and the sun shinning.  I really don't get this beef with the walk.  Agreed it's much nicer to be in nature or even just a more chill area, but that is not reality for many and they are fine.  Kids that age are full of energy and can find neat things everywhere!  Part of the fun of walking around just about anywhere is they notice things we adults no longer do and I love it.  That whole through the eyes of a child thing is really cool :D

That's very true.  I definitely forgot about people in urban environments without regularly spaced parks, which is a good chunk of the population...so that was dumb of me.  Thank you!

As an aside, one of the things I like best about CO when I visited is that they seem to have a real emphasis on parks.  We have a lot of parks up here, but I have never seen so many parks as I did when I visited CO.  That's absolutely not a commentary on this situation, I've only driven through CO Springs so I am not real familiar with where the Dillards are, but it was just something that impressed me in general about the state.  I do hope the Dillards get to visit Garden of the Gods.  It's near-ish by, and absolutely stunning.

As another aside, it's just struck me one of the ways in which Jessa frames her social media differently than Jill:  Jessa usually just posts photos of the kids.  Jill is always leaning in for a selfie.  Now, I'm not a selfie hater, but Jessa seems to realize when it is appropriate for her to be in the shot, and when it would be better for her to make it just kids.  Jill doesn't seem to get that.  A lot of Jill's recent posts would be significantly less awkward if instead of putting her fake surprise face in the shot, she would have just snapped a photo of Izzy and Sam.  

Final aside: Izzy is starting to try to fake excitement.  That's normal around his age, but given the context of his family and the way he does it, it worries me.  

Duggar Family Official added 4 new photos.

2 hrs · 

Happy birthday to our full-of-life, fun-loving, sweet grandson Israel! We love you so much and can hardly believe you are three already!

the Duggar's birthday message to Izzy. it's sad when the Duggar message is 100% better then his own parents. 

@Georgiana  I love Colorado!  Some of my family lives there in Arvada and Evergreen.  My dad lived there for a few years after my parents divorce so I would spend weeks at a time there from age 16-19.  I lived in the sticks on Long Island but went to the city often.  When we went to Denver, I was cracking up!  It's so clean and cute, nothing like NYC.  Even the street musicians played fancier instruments.  Walking my kids around NYC freaked me out!  I'd walk around Denver with them with as much worry as I would where I live now in SoCal.  

You know, I think your right about Jill in every pic. I think that is what annoys me!

Jill didn't do anything wrong taking them a long walk, her post wasn't clear but Pickles is made it seem like she is being cruel to them. I work for KFC and a lot parents put kids Izzy's age in high chairs, I think mostly so they will stay seated. I had to get a child his age down from a banister last week, while the adults that were looking after her were too busy upstairs looking on their phone, not noticing that she had climbed on the banister, they then shouted at the kids with them for not watching her. I walked away because I was about to lose it with them.

My town has two rivers that runs threw it and my parents often took us walking by them on nice nights, I remember being able to play in the park at the David Livingstone Museum after closing time because it was on the river bank, having the park to ourselves was great. Sadly vandals were always able to damage equipment so they had to take most of it down. Across the river is ruins of a Castle, we probably walked a few miles. 

I’m kinda confused by Izzy wearing the full on plastic food catcher bib at his 3rd birthday breakfast. I know kids are still somewhat of a mess at that age but that seems like overkill to me?

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My town has two rivers that runs threw it and my parents often took us walking by them on nice nights, I remember being able to play in the park at the David Livingstone Museum after closing time because it was on the river bank, having the park to ourselves was great. Sadly vandals were always able to damage equipment so they had to take most of it down. Across the river is ruins of a Castle, we probably walked a few miles. 

I am so envious of where you live!  I can only imagine how cool it must be to live where there are castles!  To think of who had lived in them.  And, just how beautiful Scotland is.  Amazing.  I really hope I get to visit that general area, where history is visible like that.  Sigh.......:x

10 minutes ago, Nargus said:

I’m kinda confused by Izzy wearing the full on plastic food catcher bib at his 3rd birthday breakfast. I know kids are still somewhat of a mess at that age but that seems like overkill to me?

Maybe they were going somewhere after lunch and she didn't want to have to change his clothes?  That is the only reason I can think of, I don't recall when I stopped using bibs with my kids honestly, there are days that my 20 year old could still use one, and that is most of them. He's still a mess, mostly because man child who is always hungry.

As for bibs, its possible Izzy wanted it.  My LO sometimes wants a bib, sometimes not and thats okay (unless he is eating something super messy, then he needs a bib).  Same with the chair, he tries to climb into his chair (we try to stop him) and so we keep using it, he is getting old enough he could do other things though.  

Dear lord Jill, another photo where the sun is bright in in Izzy's eyes. Light eyes are especially sensitive to light.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

That's very true.  I definitely forgot about people in urban environments without regularly spaced parks, which is a good chunk of the population...so that was dumb of me.  Thank you!

As an aside, one of the things I like best about CO when I visited is that they seem to have a real emphasis on parks.  We have a lot of parks up here, but I have never seen so many parks as I did when I visited CO.  That's absolutely not a commentary on this situation, I've only driven through CO Springs so I am not real familiar with where the Dillards are, but it was just something that impressed me in general about the state.  I do hope the Dillards get to visit Garden of the Gods.  It's near-ish by, and absolutely stunning.

As another aside, it's just struck me one of the ways in which Jessa frames her social media differently than Jill:  Jessa usually just posts photos of the kids.  Jill is always leaning in for a selfie.  Now, I'm not a selfie hater, but Jessa seems to realize when it is appropriate for her to be in the shot, and when it would be better for her to make it just kids.  Jill doesn't seem to get that.  A lot of Jill's recent posts would be significantly less awkward if instead of putting her fake surprise face in the shot, she would have just snapped a photo of Izzy and Sam.  

Final aside: Izzy is starting to try to fake excitement.  That's normal around his age, but given the context of his family and the way he does it, it worries me.  

Where Jill is now is very very close to where family members of mine lived, and I have lived very very close to where they were walking as well. It's mostly a suburban area, but the streets are pretty busy and not really set up for walking. That being said, other areas of the city have wonderful trail systems and we don't really know where she was walking from (if it was focus on the family though, it seems weird to me and there are better things they could have done to take in the city). It just weirds me out to see her in a place I'm so familiar with and that I go back to at least 5 times a year. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And finally, to end this on a funny note - Considering they’re in Colorado, I was really hoping Derick meant something different when he said that was their highest kiss ever. 

OMG.  I just got this reference!  Duh!  Hahahaha!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived