IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

I get what you mean but, people eho live in say NYC or LA do walk their kids around for blocks and blocks.  With tons of traffic, tons of people ( many of them very weird) and the sun shinning.  I really don't get this beef with the walk.  Agreed it's much nicer to be in nature or even just a more chill area, but that is not reality for many and they are fine.  Kids that age are full of energy and can find neat things everywhere!  Part of the fun of walking around just about anywhere is they notice things we adults no longer do and I love it.  That whole through the eyes of a child thing is really cool :D

ETA: How about Disney!  Talk about walking all day!  No one would even mention all the walking done at amusement parks.  We call it a Disney hangover.  I always feel like we need a days recovery after that!  

I think people are reacting the way they are because the post itself wasn’t formulated that well (as I said above.) But I do think part of it is because it was Jill posting about it. I like to give people on here the benefit of the doubt, but I do think some people would still find something to criticize even if she did a perfect Jessa type post simply because it’s Jill. She’s always had a tendency to annoy people just by being her and I think some people just like to criticize her for that reason, even if she doesn’t always deserve it. 

To be honest, I can’t exactly blame anyone who would do that though because the Dills haven’t proven to be very good at making solid choices or proven to be very trustworthy. It’s tough cutting someone slack when they repeatedly prove to be a bit of a dumbass. I do get why people would immediately assume she was being irresponsible here somehow because she’s proven she isn’t exactly a responsible parent in the past. That said, I do think the reaction over this specific post was overblown, especially the comments on Jill’s Instagram (and I’m assuming on Pickle’s page too - I always assume the reactions there are overblown.)

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinx  I had the same thought about "highest" place they have kissed. Haha. I also agree that part of the reason this post was criticized was because it's Jill posting. I don't feel bad for Jill for that. Other things she has gone thru sure lots of compassion.  I am still a little burned about Jill posting with her cute little nose ring when she has been so judgemental in that Growing Up Duggar about hair color, tattoos, and yes body piercings.  I have no issue with Jill's piercing.  Her hypocrisy I take great exception to, especially if she has financially profited from her statements. 

my issue those kids look  miserable  in those picture. the only one who seems to be enjoying herself is mouth open Jill. there had to be somewhere closer she could have went. 

I'm surprised no one else seems to have read the infamous walk post the same way I did.  What I thought she was saying was she had to walk to town to meet up with the rest of the missionary group..  That's why they only had to walk one way.  

Speculation but in my mind this is how it went: 

D-We are going to be doing super important missionary stuff in town and you can't be there.  BUT we also don't have time to pick you up later.  Soooo you get  to meet up with us there.  LUCKY FOR YOU there's a chick fila nearby!    We will pick you and the boys up there when we are done.   kthanxbi 

Huge grain of salt. but this is the narrative that best fits my perception.  And specifically why Jills post bothered me. 

7 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I'm all about long walks with toddlers, but I think there's a huge difference between talking a long walk through a park or on a trail with a toddler (where they can stop and explore safely, have things to look at, stop when they want, possibly find shade) and talking a long walk in the sun with a toddler alongside what appears to be a not-insignificant thoroughfare.  I agree with you: that's not really a walk WITH a kid, that's dragging a kid along as you go to Chik-Fil-A.  Izzy probably wasn't able to explore or stop and look at things.  I can't imagine he could engage with his mom over the noise of the road.  He may not have been allowed to walk that much due to safety concerns.  

This doesn't look like a fun walk for Izzy that ended at Chik-fil-a.  This looks like Jill dragging the kids on a long walk so they could go to Chik-fil-a.  Maybe it was just where she took the picture and they mostly walked through a park, but still.  

Thanks for articulating this better thAn I did. That’s the impression I got from Jill’s post too. Dragging the kids on an hour long quest to get to a chik fila was her killing time while she waited to meet up with Derek. I actually love to go on walks with my kids. They are 3 and 5 and When they get cranky  and tired, going outside and getting fresh air is truly the best medicine. I had c-sections with both kids and walking with them when they were babies was great therapy for me before I was cleared to go back to working out at the gym. My kids also napped better and longer when outside in the fresh air. 

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Did anyone see Jill's live Insta story from yesterday? The D's were in a car heading down from Pike's Peak. One of the boys was coughing. It was a croupy sounding cough. Since Izzy was talking, I assumed it was Sam. Poor little guy- taken to altitude during RSV season (a baby who was in the Nicu and on 02 after birth would be at a higher risk for RSV). The Dillards have such misplaced priorities and skewed decision making skills.

And she said she forgot to bring Izzy's gloves so his hands were cold from touching the snow! Umm....I wouldn't be announcing that! That's just going to open her up to criticism. She did look really pretty in the video though. IMO

23 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

And she said she forgot to bring Izzy's gloves so his hands were cold from touching the snow! Umm....I wouldn't be announcing that! That's just going to open her up to criticism. She did look really pretty in the video though. IMO

oh but they sure did remember to bring derick's hat. :pb_rollseyes:

@VelociRapture  Good points you made!  Also, personal preference and level of comfort.  For instance:  one of my bosses is a free spirit hippie sort.  He was talking to a patient who also likes to go to Burning Man like he does.  They were saying how they love to take their kids, no matter the age.  To each their own and I have no doubt their kids are safe and fine. They are good decent kind people,  my boss and the patient.  Me?  No way Jose.  Not in my comfort zone.  I was uncomfortable in NYC with my 11 and 7 yr old and I've been there a lot!  

31 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

The fundraising tips seems right up their alley

Fundraising Tips

• Once you create your fundraiser, you will be given a customize URL that you can include in your

letter or emails.

• Be sure and use social media to your advantage by including the link with any communication

you send out in regards to your journey.

• Recruit your friends to send out the link on their social media accounts as well.

• The more eyes you can get on your fundraising page, the better chance your fundraising will be

successful.

• We recommend that you use both the Pure Charity method and the letter writing method. The

more individuals you contact, the better chance you can fundraise your trip completely.

• The key to successful fundraising is persistence and time. Successful fundraisers are ones who

put forth effort into fundraising. You cannot expect to simply put your fundraiser online and it will

have funds added. You have to promote it over and over in your sphere of influence. Secondly,

the earlier you start fundraising, the better chance of being successful. If you know you are

going on a trip six months from now, go ahead and start fundraising! DO NOT wait till the last

minute.

• Make your appeals for funds heartfelt. Allow your passion for the journey to come through in

your appeals for funds. If you have personal stories related to the mission journey, please

include those in your fundraisers. If you use a generic appeal for funds, you will be less likely to

be successful.

• Keep your fundraiser updated. When you send out the fundraiser over your social media

activity, give an update on your progress. Include ways the individual can be praying for the

journey and steps you are taking to get ready.

The casting out of demons page was not very exciting. I was hoping for candles, chains, chants and midnight dancing. Boo. 

I glanced the the mission manual and I wonder if the Dillholes would grift to become missionaries in Brazil?  

OK, I'm reverting back to the progressive dinner "date night." And I don't follow the Instagrams so am late to the party here.
Is Jill really trying to "brand" herself and Derrick as some kind of fundie lifestyle trendsetters? If so, the "progressive dinner" eaten in the car with the kids in the back is so clueless it would almost be sad and I'd feel pity for them if they weren't so arrogant.
Like another poster, I've been to "progressive dinners," which are usually as they said groups of friends who go to one another's houses for different courses as a way to have fun socializing and spread the cost/work around. Also I've been to progressive dinners that are fundraisers for a local cause--that involves local restaurants and one serves the cocktail hour, another the entree, etc.
Dillard progressive dinner in the car is more like driving through Mickey Ds and then hitting up Dairy Queen, except even then usually everybody in the car gets to eat.
So my question I guess for those more in the know is do you think the Dickheads really posted this as a way to "brand" themselves as some kind of hip young couple showing how to have a cool date?

10 minutes ago, patsymae said:

OK, I'm reverting back to the progressive dinner "date night." And I don't follow the Instagrams so am late to the party here.
Is Jill really trying to "brand" herself and Derrick as some kind of fundie lifestyle trendsetters? If so, the "progressive dinner" eaten in the car with the kids in the back is so clueless it would almost be sad and I'd feel pity for them if they weren't so arrogant.
Like another poster, I've been to "progressive dinners," which are usually as they said groups of friends who go to one another's houses for different courses as a way to have fun socializing and spread the cost/work around. Also I've been to progressive dinners that are fundraisers for a local cause--that involves local restaurants and one serves the cocktail hour, another the entree, etc.
Dillard progressive dinner in the car is more like driving through Mickey Ds and then hitting up Dairy Queen, except even then usually everybody in the car gets to eat.
So my question I guess for those more in the know is do you think the Dickheads really posted this as a way to "brand" themselves as some kind of hip young couple showing how to have a cool date?

I think this was Jill's way to stay in the lime light. she isn't on the show anymore and I think she's feeling the pinch. she's been doing more lives and posting more pictures. she's trying to stay relevant like her siblings. 

Plus unlike Jessa who seems to have a group of other young mommies that she hangs out with Jill only seems to hang out with her sisters or Derick's small family. Even Jill's sisters seem to grow tired of her from time to time. 

On page 5 of the missions manual are two blank lines:

All of our ministries will involve 2 major aspects of ministry:  _________, and indigenous __________.

I'm guessing they meant to say fundraising and fundraising, but maybe I missed something? 

On 4/5/2018 at 5:36 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

How funny would it be if InTouch did a piece on Pickles trying to recruit people to bully Jazz?

Pickles needs to leave Jazz and her family alone! Jazz is way to smart to meet with Derwood. He will never change. Even after the fact he is calling Jazz by the wrong pronouns. Pickles is so obsessed and anyone who disagrees or tries to show her a different viewpoint she blocks them. She sounds like a spoiled child who doesn't get her way. 

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I do not believe for a split second that she hasnt kissed him on a plane.

Is it Izzy’s birthday already. How did I miss it? Great times people.

love from ps

Serve "on and off". Bless his heart.

We shared our plans with our families and in May 2015, I shared this decision with my manager at Wal-Mart, where I was working in the Tax department. I left the company and we moved to Central America where we served on and off for 2 years.

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As for Jill's walk with out this or that, its been in the 50's in CO Sp, it isn't hot, the sun isn't very intense just bright, She She has what looks like a stroller that an older child can stand on. And as @Georgiana said we don't know what walk was like. Remember this is Jill she stupidly took a pick IN the bright sun  in front of Chick-Fil-A. AFTER an hour long walk BEFORE she fed the boys, she's clueless, I'm guessing Izzy was hungry and wanted to go eat and mom was taking his picture.  If she had been smart she would have found a shady spot with Izzy playing in some dirt and said "walking to lunch" but she's Jill so...

Shit.  Now we have to start drinking a la Jill Rod with the " but, it's Jill so....".  I hope @ChickenettiLuvr isn't keeping up on this thread!  Lol! 

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

On page 5 of the missions manual are two blank lines:

All of our ministries will involve 2 major aspects of ministry:  _________, and indigenous __________.

I'm guessing they meant to say fundraising and fundraising, but maybe I missed something? 

I think it’s a ‘fill in the blank’ type worksheet. There’s a few blanks, and another manual that has the same pages, but with the words filled in. 

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

my issue those kids look  miserable  in those picture. the only one who seems to be enjoying herself is mouth open Jill. there had to be somewhere closer she could have went. 

Izzy looked miserable outside, he seems perfectly fine inside.  I still think she just chose a stupid time & spot for the photo, if she'd have taken it inside the restaurant or found or a shady spot, it could have been fine. It is hard to judge an entire afternoon, day, lunch, meal what ever by ONE photo.  You can't take a photo of someone smiling and think they are having  great time, but you can't see that they are at the funeral of a loved one and smiled for a moment when greeting someone. Or the photo of a woman crying but not know they are tears of joy if you can't see the new baby in her arms.  

TL;DR, you can't sit there and say the kids are miserable, and you take issue with it, from 1 second of their day. 

8 minutes ago, GreatScott said:

I think it’s a ‘fill in the blank’ type worksheet.

Thanks!  I looked through the rest of the missions training manual and have concluded that I will never be a successful missionary since almost none of the blanks seemed intuitive to me, lol!  I did learn a new term, "The Evangecube," which I think is Borg.

Also, thanks @Don'tlikekoolaid for posting the link.  I'm finding the manual interesting.

13 hours ago, bananabread said:

She was SO bubbly and enthusiastic and excited about everything before marriage. It's like she's aged 20 years, and not in a good way.

Yep, agree.  She wanted a marriage like her parents, where she was adored by both.  Her husband seems annoyed by the children, and it seems the burden of raising them is all on her.

So now after Derick's last insta post about his and Jill's highest kiss this thread name is really cracking me up. :laughing-rollingyellow:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived