IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

1 hour ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

She has since released a long essay on why she banned people/deleted comments. From what I saw of the comments she deleted yesterday, none of them were uncivil or combative toward her they just seriously questioned her motive and judgment. But she’s claiming that because she’s shared her beliefs, she’s being persecuted and has to block people as the Duggars do. 

I’ve had to deal with mass bannings many times in my six years running this site and usually afterwards my like rates tend to go up.

Okay, 1) LOL at her thirst over those likes and 2) She knows a facebook page isn't like running a website, right? She posts things and occasionally cleans up comments that might make her feel some type of way about herself. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Izzy is getting so big! I can't believe he is already 3. He was so excited and it was absolutely adorable!

I thought the same about the high chair. He looks ridiculous in it - WAY too big for a high chair.

In case anyone wants to see Pickles’ delusional ban rant:

Spoiler

Duggar Family News: Life is not all pickles and hairspray.

My Beliefs Towards Banning

4 HOURS AGO · PUBLIC

I guess I need to address this in writing. I have always been a proponent that whoever runs a site of any kind has the right to ban whoever they want for any reason. It’s their site, their rules. When the Duggars banned people from their page for posting gay people kissing I complained but I will never say they don’t have that right. I have been banned or blocked from most Duggar pages and I don’t call them out for being chicken or a hypocrite. They have that right. I have seen many inappropriate comments on, let’s say Derick’s twitter account, from Duggar critics calling him all sorts of ugly names and repeating lies about him. Comments like that aren’t helpful to any cause. It makes the Duggar critics look malicious and it feeds his ego and persecution complex. Derick banning those people is the right thing to do. To get your point across you need to be smart and tell the absolute truth and if you don’t know the truth then ask him questions.

That goes for my page as well. If you are here to attack and spread lies then you are gone. I don’t have the time to respond to and correct people every time I post something. If you are not sure about what I am trying to say then ask questions before jumping on the attack train. I try to write as clearly as possible but sometimes I goof up. What seems clear in my head may not translate well to others. My banning people isn’t being hypocritical because I never have a problem with other people banning whoever they want. Why should the Duggar Family Official page not ban someone who is calling them names? Why shouldn’t Jessa and Ben ban someone for continually arguing with their religious beliefs? If a group of people decide to hijack my page and make it a miserable place to visit then they are gone. I’ve had to deal with mass bannings many times in my six years running this site and usually afterwards my like rates tend to go up. Crazy phenomenon. So if you don’t want to get banned from my page or others debate in a civil way. Sometimes that won’t work on certain pages like the Duggars but don’t complain if you are banned. That is a risk we all take when posting on social media.

:ok:

15 minutes ago, RubyRei said:

In case anyone wants to see Pickles’ delusional ban rant:

Hide contents

Duggar Family News: Life is not all pickles and hairspray.

My Beliefs Towards Banning

4 HOURS AGO · PUBLIC

I guess I need to address this in writing. I have always been a proponent that whoever runs a site of any kind has the right to ban whoever they want for any reason. It’s their site, their rules. When the Duggars banned people from their page for posting gay people kissing I complained but I will never say they don’t have that right. I have been banned or blocked from most Duggar pages and I don’t call them out for being chicken or a hypocrite. They have that right. I have seen many inappropriate comments on, let’s say Derick’s twitter account, from Duggar critics calling him all sorts of ugly names and repeating lies about him. Comments like that aren’t helpful to any cause. It makes the Duggar critics look malicious and it feeds his ego and persecution complex. Derick banning those people is the right thing to do. To get your point across you need to be smart and tell the absolute truth and if you don’t know the truth then ask him questions.

That goes for my page as well. If you are here to attack and spread lies then you are gone. I don’t have the time to respond to and correct people every time I post something. If you are not sure about what I am trying to say then ask questions before jumping on the attack train. I try to write as clearly as possible but sometimes I goof up. What seems clear in my head may not translate well to others. My banning people isn’t being hypocritical because I never have a problem with other people banning whoever they want. Why should the Duggar Family Official page not ban someone who is calling them names? Why shouldn’t Jessa and Ben ban someone for continually arguing with their religious beliefs? If a group of people decide to hijack my page and make it a miserable place to visit then they are gone. I’ve had to deal with mass bannings many times in my six years running this site and usually afterwards my like rates tend to go up. Crazy phenomenon. So if you don’t want to get banned from my page or others debate in a civil way. Sometimes that won’t work on certain pages like the Duggars but don’t complain if you are banned. That is a risk we all take when posting on social media.

:ok:

What the actual fuck she was literally just whining and questioning  because Derick blocked her on twitter exhibit A. 

It will be a bit harder to communicate with Derick since he decided to block me on twitter as of yesterday but I have my ways of getting around that. I'm not sure what caused the blocking. I hadn't mentioned the meeting in several days. I think the last tweet I sent him was asking him if he'll "tell me his job, I'll tell him mine." 

she is the biggest hypocrite out there. 

3 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

She has since released a long essay on why she banned people/deleted comments. From what I saw of the comments she deleted yesterday, none of them were uncivil or combative toward her they just seriously questioned her motive and judgment. But she’s claiming that because she’s shared her beliefs, she’s being persecuted and has to block people as the Duggars do. 

The irony. Pickles is playing victim now as Derick has about certain things. 

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

The irony. Pickles is playing victim now as Derick has about certain things. 

I've even reported Queen Pickles page....oppppsss...bad me.

Screenshot_2018-04-04-22-44-34.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-04-04-23-26-08-1.png

9 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

It's nice that they had the pinata to pay tribute to their Mexican/Central American heritage.

At least, those two nut jobs can say they lived there for a while and have come to adopt some of the local traditions/customs (which I am 100% sure they only watched with condescension).

Apart from the missing sun protection I don’t get the problem with being out for an 1 (or more) hour walk with your children. Especially as it looks that they have a board on the stroller so Izzy could have a rest if needed. Children have so much energy sometimes and as long as you a prepared for breaks there is nothing wrong with having them outside and active. From all the strange things J&D are doing this seemed perfectly normal to me. Her caption though... I have no words. She really has no idea how she comes across.

Even baby Sam has the same opinion on Jilly Muffin's "surprise face." At 9 months he knows his mom is a wackadoo!

Screenshot_2018-04-05-21-19-07.png

3 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

At least, those two nut jobs can say they lived there for a while and have come to adopt some of the local traditions/customs (which I am 100% sure they only watched with condescension).

Apart from the missing sun protection I don’t get the problem with being out for an 1 (or more) hour walk with your children. Especially as it looks that they have a board on the stroller so Izzy could have a rest if needed. Children have so much energy sometimes and as long as you a prepared for breaks there is nothing wrong with having them outside and active. From all the strange things J&D are doing this seemed perfectly normal to me. Her caption though... I have no words. She really has no idea how she comes across.

I'm no Jill defender, but the only problem I have with this is no sun protection for the boys. Poor little Izzy looks uncomfortable with the sun in his littlw eyes.

5 hours ago, gilora said:

On the Uber/Lyft issue, maybe they don’t use credit cards?  Even if they pay the balance in full each month, it’s a mini-loan and they can’t have any debt. :my_rolleyes:

I use a debit card for Uber. Zero problems. 

I get that carseats were likely an issue, so that's why Uber may not have been an option, and Colorado Springs probably doesn't have the best public transit, but Jill. Honey. Let's assume that you're telling the truth and Izzy REALLY fucking wanted some Chik-Fil-A. You know you're a mom when you can teach your kid about not getting exactly what you want all the time. When you can say, "Izzy, sweetie, see on Google Maps how far away Chik-Fil-A is? Let's find a restaurant closer by. When we have the car again, maybe we can talk to Daddy about getting Chik-Fil-A for dinner. But we're only going to do that if you're a big boy and listen to Mommy." 

I ate there a few times before I learned about the owner’s anti-LGBTQ opinions and that was enough for me to stop giving them my business. My son, who is autistic, applied for a job there last year. They didn’t hire him and I found out from a friend who works there as a manager that “they really liked him and felt bad, but they don’t have any place for people with disabilities in their company so they couldn’t hire him.” Their official response was that they didn’t have any open positions for his skill set. I get angry even driving past the place.  My son just wants a job so badly and is more than capable. 

I wonder if it has more to do with individual fancise locations with the disability issue. I noticed one around me had a person on Down syndrome scale working.

On another note if you have a Krogers nearby they tend to be extremely favorable to those who are autistic. And really any other disability.

Well I have taken 45-60 minutes long walks with a toddler, too... because I was babysitting a cute little fellow and when we would walk to the playground (which was 15-20 minutes away walking on my own), it would often take us that long because well, he couldn't walk as fast as I did and he would stop at every flower or other interesting thing to examine :D and even though we had a stroller with us, he often refused to get into the stroller because he wanted to walk. So that may be a reason for why it took them so long :) 

Is this the Colorado Springs she’s talking about?

https://uv.willyweather.com/co/el-paso-county/colorado-springs.html

Because if she is, someone hand me a chair so I can climb onto my mighty high horse.

She had her toddler out walking for over an hour while the UV index was listed as ‘high’ (6-7) and he wasn’t wearing a hat or sunglasses. Perhaps he was wearing sunscreen but it’s not enough by itself. Sun damage can occur at any uv index over 3.

Slip, slip, slap, seek and slide people. I’ve had skin cancer and it’s awful - I wish I’d known how dangerous uv rays are, even when the weather doesn’t feel warm.

https://www.cancer.org.au/preventing-cancer/sun-protection/uv-alert/

Getting off my horse now. Sorry to be that crazy person, but I hate seeing kids with no sun protection. Childhood is when most sun damage occurs :(

I think it’s fine for Jill to take the boys on a walk that long, particularly if Izzy could hop on for a ride..and if they had adequate clothing/hat.  But IMHO posting a photo of them squinting in strong sunlight is just asking for criticism.  And I reckon that by three he should be able to understand that a hat will make being in the the sun more comfortable and safer.  Kids that age in Australia HAVE to wear a hat or they’re not allowed to play outside at preschool.  

And the wide open mouth pose is not making us think she’s having a great time.  I think she just lacks commonsense.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Come to think of it ,doesn't fb have harassment guidelines? Does trying to get other people to message a minor to confront her bully qualify?

If it doesn't, it should. Although she keeps emphasizing she supposedly wants multiple people to make Jazz and Derick AWARE of the offer NOT to influence them...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I use a debit card for Uber. Zero problems. 

Might I suggest not doing this? If When Uber is hacked, your bank account will be cleaned out, pronto. At least with a credit card, you have protections. If you don't "do" credit cards, I'd suggest using a pre-paid card to link to your Uber account.

She does lack self awareness. Why not make people laugh with a you know you're a mom when statement?

Mine from yesterday: you know you're a mom when you immediately have to rush back to the grocery store after just getting home because someone left his shoes in the cart.

It is not that hard. Drop the surprise face and be real.

5 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

I wonder if it has more to do with individual fancise locations with the disability issue. I noticed one around me had a person on Down syndrome scale working.

On another note if you have a Krogers nearby they tend to be extremely favorable to those who are autistic. And really any other disability.

Thanks for the tip. The nearest Kroger is about 45 minutes from us, but it’s always good to learn of employers who don’t define people by their disability.  

Regarding Chick Fil A, from your experience it sounds like not all franchises discriminate. I’m happy to know that. The manager  I know said that my son should be proud because he inspired the manager to talk to corporate about someday trying to find a place in the company for people with disabilities. That made it sound to me like an unwritten corporate policy, but now I know not everyone adheres to it. 

Does this also exist in the US that certain companies have to have a certain amount of people with disabilities or they have to pay a fine? In Germany, I think you need to have at least 20 people working for you to fall under that law. 

Or are there no such regulations at all in the US?

Before I knew about some of Chick-Fil-A's less savory attributes, I really wanted to try it because a bunch of people I watch on Youtube seem to love it. 

I finally got the chance when I was in Florida for my honeymoon.  And it was 110% 'meh'.  I would much rather get chicken strips at Wendy's or a Jr Chicken from McDonalds. 

Afterwards I learned more about them and I was kind of glad I had a crap experience. 

This is random, but I just rewatched the episodes where Jill and JB go to Nepal to meet D-Wreck, and I had a few thoughts:

1) I was struck by how unsure both Jill and JB seemed about Derick. I know JB always does the mock "I don't know if I'll give you permission to court...hmm.....hmm..................okay Mama and I say yes", but it REALLY seemed like he wasn't thrilled about D-Wreck. And he kept deferring to Jill to see what she thought, and Jill was kind of wishy washy. Like she repeatedly said that she wasn't sure and that she was praying a lot about it. It seemed really different from all the other courtships we've seen.

2) Meanwhile, D-Wreck was clearly REALLY into it and already had his mind made up before Jill ever came to Nepal.

3) When D-Wreck took JB to the barber shop to get shaved with a straight razor and JB was freaking out...was that some weird macho power trip for Derick? Like "okay, you may still be Jilly Muffin's godly authority, but are you man enough to do THIS??!"

4) Among and Duggars and Bates, it seems pretty universal that the kids are obviously happier/more genuinely themselves after marriage. But there's a huge exception: Jill. She was SO bubbly and enthusiastic and excited about everything before marriage. It's like she's aged 20 years, and not in a good way. :(

Did anyone see Jill's live Insta story from yesterday? The D's were in a car heading down from Pike's Peak. One of the boys was coughing. It was a croupy sounding cough. Since Izzy was talking, I assumed it was Sam. Poor little guy- taken to altitude during RSV season (a baby who was in the Nicu and on 02 after birth would be at a higher risk for RSV). The Dillards have such misplaced priorities and skewed decision making skills.

What struck me about the Nepal episode was how creepy the entire thing was. I felt like Jill was being bought and sold during it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived