IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

Carry on from here:

Jill and Derick have updated their website and are promoting their brand, with recipes, blog, and photos like this Easter one (thanks @Ivycoveredtower):

DFAC91EB-573A-4DC9-834A-32396168C2DC.jpeg.85e47e13ebec25e7323db71e41af9b9d.jpeg

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to put this in the last thread:

Speaking of car dates, I recall my mom and dad taking us four kids to a drive-in movie when I was tiny.  All I can remember about the movie was that we had popcorn (probably popped at home) and that there was a pretty girl in a white dress walking across the yard at the start of the film and there was big fire in it.  Yep, the parents took us to see Gone With the Wind.  

I think it's telling that they don't drop the kids off at the compound for date night. 

3 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I think it's telling that they don't drop the kids off at the compound for date night. 

yes you know how big Jim Bob and Michelle are on frequent date nights for married couples and we know for a fact from Jessa's instagram that Michelle (Jana) has watched Spurg and Henry well her and Ben went on date nights. the only part that may make sense is I don't know how far away from TTH Derjill lives. if it's far enough driving them there may not have been worth the hassle 

This probably belongs elsewhere but this was the last place I posted about Pickles. I somehow got from her normal page to a group page just now but before i clicked back out i read the rules along the top and had to giggle at this one... No advertising other groups ESPECIALLY FJ. Well goshdarnit bitch now you've hurt our feelings... LOL

2068DD56-7A58-4CC6-ACD4-BC1D51142F53.jpeg.dc1db2a5b5a94d5ad5b588e21dce8e86.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

yes you know how big Jim Bob and Michelle are on frequent date nights for married couples and we know for a fact from Jessa's instagram that Michelle (Jana) has watched Spurg and Henry well her and Ben went on date nights. the only part that may make sense is I don't know how far away from TTH Derjill lives. if it's far enough driving them there may not have been worth the hassle 

At most they are 20 minutes from TTH.  Not hard to drop the kids off there or with Cathy.

5 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

This probably belongs elsewhere but this was the last place I posted about Pickles. I somehow got from her normal page to a group page just now but before i clicked back out i read the rules along the top and had to giggle at this one... No advertising other groups ESPECIALLY FJ. Well goshdarnit bitch now you've hurt our feelings... LOL

no using a vomit emoji really. :pb_rollseyes: also she so does not follow that speculation rule. I saw plenty of speculation just last week on one of her post and she didn't say anything to them. she actually had a conversation with said person. and no mention of not speculating, 

I’m so sorry to hijack the thread, and I don’t know where else to post this, but I’m engaged! :D 

1 minute ago, Inis Mona said:

I’m so sorry to hijack the thread, and I don’t know where else to post this, but I’m engaged! :D 

Congratulations!

@Inis Mona Congratulations. Back to the Dillards: Sammy should still be in a rear facing car seat, so he must have been bored out of his mind. I guess it was Izzy's job to keep him happy. I didn't see the video, so I'm just guessing about the boys' placement in the car.

Sammy was in a rear-facing car seat. Izzy was facing forward, watching Curious George. 

15 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

@Inis Mona Congratulations. Back to the Dillards: Sammy should still be in a rear facing car seat, so he must have been bored out of his mind. I guess it was Izzy's job to keep him happy. I didn't see the video, so I'm just guessing about the boys' placement in the car.

yes Sam was rear facing. he pulled himself up and looked around for a little. Izzy wouldn't have cared he was sitting next to Sam but all Izzy cared about was his curious George episode. 

You got a fast car

We go cruising to entertain ourselves

You still ain't got a job

I'm still trying to sell a lifestyle brand

44 minutes ago, Inis Mona said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! May you always be as happy as you are today!

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

At most they are 20 minutes from TTH.  Not hard to drop the kids off there or with Cathy.

According to google its 27 minutes to the TTH and they're 40-45 minutes from Cathy depending on route.

5 hours ago, Inis Mona said:

That’s wonderful news and I’m so excited for you! 

Part 1

I am sorry if I am bringing a topic back on which the thread seems to have moved on, but I only caught up with the thread due to holidays and related family visits.

I would like to add a few words to the topic of abortion, how women experience and may feel about it. It is a topic that, now that I am going through a very wanted pregnancy with a baby who is already very loved, feel even more strongly about than ever before. Pregnancy is not a walk in the park, and yet it's probably nothing compared to childbirth and actually parenting another human being for the rest of my life. Women need to have the choice whether they want to go through with a crisis pregnancy or not, and they need all the support in order to make the best and safest choice for them, whatever it may be.

I had an abortion many years ago. As I felt that I was not in the position to go through with the pregnancy, I decided this very quickly after I found out. There was not much emotional turmoil involved, I just knew. Below are the steps I had to go through:

First of all, I had to see my gynaecologist who confirmed the pregnancy and how far I was along. I was prepared for a stern lecture or even judgement, but when I mentioned that I wanted to terminate the pregnancy, he was extremely professional and handled the entire matter with great sensitivity.

Then I had to get an appointment for counselling. As I did not want any counselling offered by a church-related organisation, I specifically sought online for an organisation that was known to be 100% supportive of the women's choices. They agreed to give me an appointment very quickly, but I did have to travel to a different town as the organisation had no office in my town of residence. The counsellor was very helpful. She asked how I felt, and offered to walk me through all the options of support my country offers to women who decide to keep the pregnancy. I agreed, just to have the full picture, asked a few questions I had, and then I received a confirmation that I had undergone counselling. I did not have to tell the counsellor what my final decision was or would be.

Next I had to liaise with my health insurance and obtain a slip that they would cover the costs as I was a student at the time and did not have the income to cover the costs myself. I felt a bit uncomfortable, but the lady at the office was also very professional.

Finally, I had to select a clinic/practitioner who would perform the abortion. I had researched online and heard about a wonderful facility in the regional main city. It was a place that had an excellent medical reputation, and in support forums many women spoke gratefully of the help they had received there. I called, and they offered to see me almost immediately for a first appointment after the waiting period of the counselling had passed.

Part 2

Immediately upon arrival at the clinic, I felt in a very safe environment. The entire staff - from receptionist to the head doctor - were absolutely wonderful, kind, and sensitive people.

The doctor took his time to walk me through the entire procedure, explain every detail to me, asked if I had any doubts or concerns, and explained to me that they had developed a special method to make abortion as gentle on the body as possible: They gave the pill used for medical abortion that you had to take at home, and the next day they would perform the aspiration at the clinic under general anaesthesia. He advised several times that once the pill was taken, the aspiration HAD to be performed as the pregnancy would be already ended. He also mentioned that I was under no obligation to go through with it until I had taken the pill, and if I had any doubts or changed my mind, I could call a 24/7 phone number and let them know, that no consequences whatsoever would befall me if I decided to not go through with it.

I went home and took the pill at the agreed time.

The next morning, I went with my parents to the clinic. In front of the building was an angry pro-birth protester who held a poster with a fetus far more developed than my own 8-week embryo, and told me with a sad face that I didn't need to kill my baby, that there was help, etc. As I was still quite young, I did not dare speak up and just lowered my head and walked into the clinic. Nowadays I would tell her to shove it, but.... oh well.

In the clinic, I was received in a very bright and friendly waiting room on a deckchair where already other women of all ages were waiting with their support person. I had to take medication against my morning sickness and waited for a few hours for the nausea to subside. I was then walked into the surgery where an ultrasound was performed, then I received the general anaesthesia, and next thing I remember is waking up on the deckchair with my mother next to me and feeling hungry for the first time since I had experienced pregnancy symptoms. The relief was instant. I knew I had made the right decision.

I had to stay for another 2 hours to recover, then they did another check to ensure that the aspiration had been performed well, and then my parents took me home to rest.

I have never regretted the decision I made, and I feel extremely fortunate that I had such a great, professional support network and mainly met people who supported my decision all the way and allowed me to have a safe medical procedure in the best and most empathetic environment possible.

I do feel that that woman in front of the clinic should have been removed (the clinic told me they regularly called the police, but that she could be there as it was public land), and I resent that I had to jump through so many hoops to get what I needed, though. Someone in an emotionally or financially more vulnerable position than I might have easily felt frightened or discouraged to make all the phone calls, travel to all the places, openly talked about a very private decision to numerous different people... Sometimes I have the feeling that it can be more the entire experience around the abortion that traumatises women rather than the decision to terminate a crisis pregnancy and the actual medical procedure. 

lol Pickles is so salty. As if adding a private group to her page wasn't an ego trip enough.

Back to the Dills - Leaving Sam in a rear facing car seat so they can eat a meal without parenting is mean. From my experience, babies usually sleep when the car is moving but if they're just in there staring at the seat without moving they'd get bored. I didn't watch the video but did someone mention he was fussing?

You'd think they'd be trying to use the TTH for babysitting more often considering how little dWRECK seems to think of his kids. Maybe he really isn't a hit over there anymore.

When we want a date night but don’t want to leave 2 young kids with grandparents etc we put them to bed and order in dinner. Far nicer and less stressful than eating in a car while the kids are squawking in the back. 

Unless they just had to have Panera and the bloomin’ onion and there is no Uber to deliver, but geez, go home. You could put the boys in front of a TV there if you need 20 mins to eat alone.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

lol Pickles is so salty. As if adding a private group to her page wasn't an ego trip enough.

Back to the Dills - Leaving Sam in a rear facing car seat so they can eat a meal without parenting is mean. From my experience, babies usually sleep when the car is moving but if they're just in there staring at the seat without moving they'd get bored. I didn't watch the video but did someone mention he was fussing?

You'd think they'd be trying to use the TTH for babysitting more often considering how little dWRECK seems to think of his kids. Maybe he really isn't a hit over there anymore.

Some kids stay asleep for a while in their car seats.  I once sat in the driveway for an hour because LO was sleeping, really needed his sleep and would wake up if I moved the care seat.

So now that "Christian Privilege" is trending on Twitter, how soon until dWRECK gets butthurt over it?

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So now that "Christian Privilege" is trending on Twitter, how soon until dWRECK gets butthurt over it?

5... 4... 3...

Some of the those tweets are just ridiculous (declaring that Christians are persecuted, while not recognizing that saying that in the US is just asinine)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived