IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Whether or not Jeremy 'tricked' Jim Bob has definitely been discussed and the conclusions seem to boil down to:

-Depending on the extent of the trickery involved, this would constitute really disturbing and troubling behaviour on Jeremy's part.

-But we don't know that there was any trickery involved, on anyone's part.

-We don't know that Jinger and Jeremy are deviating in any significant way from what Jim Bob would find acceptable.

-It's entirely possible they're not preventing pregnancy at all and simply took longer than usual to get pregnant.

-It's also entirely possible that Jeremy was totally open with Jim Bob about certain forms of family planning being acceptable, and Jim Bob was totally fine with it.

It really isn't all that devious and scheming, JB is a simple man really, much like Trump you tell him nice things about himself, feed his ego, and you can get just about anything. Seriously a simple we'll allow the lord to lead us, isn't lying, I know a lot of people who said this and stopped after 3 or 4 kids because "something" happened to require them to stop.  It isn't lying because no one knows what the future holds. That isn't devious, that is just smart.  JB isn't all that smart, he's a smooth talker but deep down there isn't much brain to go along with that bravado. My dad is like these guys they talk a good game, could sell you ice in the Arctic. I've used to think my father was really smart, but over the years and things he's said and what I do know, he's a moron. He like boob older southern white guy, both from Arkansas  they have their world view, where they as white men know all and everyone should just accept that because they are white men and that is a gift from God.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It really isn't all that devious and scheming, JB is a simple man really, much like Trump you tell him nice things about himself, feed his ego, and you can get just about anything. Seriously a simple we'll allow the lord to lead us, isn't lying, I know a lot of people who said this and stopped after 3 or 4 kids because "something" happened to require them to stop.  It isn't lying because no one knows what the future holds. That isn't devious, that is just smart.  JB isn't all that smart, he's a smooth talker but deep down there isn't much brain to go along with that bravado. My dad is like these guys they talk a good game, could sell you ice in the Arctic. I've used to think my father was really smart, but over the years and things he's said and what I do know, he's a moron. He like boob older southern white guy, both from Arkansas  they have their world view, where they as white men know all and everyone should just accept that because they are white men and that is a gift from God.

I honestly think JB is smart enough to be able to tell if a potential future son-in-law is hedging on the family planning answer (which still isn't saying much). I think Jeremy either gave him the 'however many the Lord chooses' answer and was telling the truth, or Jeremy hedged on it and Jim Bob didn't care, or Jeremy straight up told him that some kind of family planning was okay, and Jim Bob was cool with that.

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I honestly think JB is smart enough to be able to tell if a potential future son-in-law is hedging on the family planning answer (which still isn't saying much). I think Jeremy either gave him the 'however many the Lord chooses' answer and was telling the truth, or Jeremy hedged on it and Jim Bob didn't care, or Jeremy straight up told him that some kind of family planning was okay, and Jim Bob was cool with that.

IMHO, JB was being honest when he always said it was up to Michelle whether they should put some kinda brakes on the baby making bus. My impression is he would be against the pill, or IUD, but probably ok with various other methods ( possibly including vasectomy/tubal after family completion - methods that actually seem to fit their moral code fairly well ) .

I think he genuinely likes having all those kids, obviously enjoys the attention/fame it brings, agrees with the general “ leaving it up to God” idea — but would have been just fine with stopping and/spacing. This seems, to me, more like  Michelle’s mission and drive.

22 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think Jeremy may have said however many the Lord chooses and meant it. It's just that he might possibly also believe the Lord "chooses to allow people to use some family planning and being omnipotent the Lord will choose to have that family planning fail if he chooses to do so."  100% speculation on my part. I just say that as an ex-evangelical who has some familiarity with how fundies justify themselves. After all our fundies care so much about the santicty of marriage and Christian testimony that they happily voted for a twice divorced adulterer who botches 2nd Corinthians. Playing fast and loose with words as it applies to them never scared our fundies off. 

Judging from this tweet - It looks like Jeremy has been accepted at Masters Seminary (John MacArthur)

Spoiler

So it looks like he's doing an Master of Divinity. Well, on the one hand, good for him for seeking more education and actually trying to get qualified. On the other hand, I'd much rather he not be a conservative preacher at all. :my_confused:

i'm just checking out the program on their site. It looks like they're based in LA but have satellite operations in DC, another location in California, Dallas, Spokane, and Bozeman. Seems like Jeremy and Jinger will be moving in the next year or so, then... (The program description said that up to a year's worth of classes could be completed online iirc, so it seems they'll have to relocate eventually.)

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So it looks like he's doing an Master of Divinity. Well, on the one hand, good for him for seeking more education and actually trying to get qualified. On the other hand, I'd much rather he not be a conservative preacher at all. :my_confused:

i'm just checking out the program on their site. It looks like they're based in LA but have satellite operations in DC, another location in California, Dallas, Spokane, and Bozeman. Seems like Jeremy and Jinger will be moving in the next year or so, then... (The program description said that up to a year's worth of classes could be completed online iirc, so it seems they'll have to relocate eventually.)

I think he's been hoping for this for a while--I kinda thought it was odd that they bought a house. But maybe they hope to rent it out (perhaps to whatever preacher takes his place at the Laredo church plant).

My bet is that they go for the Dallas satellite operation.  They might prefer the LA main campus but I think housing would be cheaper in Dallas.

PS I bet Derick is hella jealous

I'm not happy that they will be a bit closer to the Duggar compound--and to Big Sandy.

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

I think he's been hoping for this for a while--I kinda thought it was odd that they bought a house. But maybe they hope to rent it out (perhaps to whatever preacher takes his place at the Laredo church plant).

My bet is that they go for the Dallas satellite operation.  They might prefer the LA main campus but I think housing would be cheaper in Dallas.

PS I bet Derick is hella jealous

I'm not happy that they will be a bit closer to the Duggar compound--and to Big Sandy.

I just noticed that he posted a few photos on Instagram, and the last appears to be their campus in California. So maybe they really will be moving to LA. Now THAT would be a pretty interesting development.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I just noticed that he posted a few photos on Instagram, and the last appears to be their campus in California. So maybe they really will be moving to LA. Now THAT would be a pretty interesting development.

I think they've visited the California campus at least twice.

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

I think they've visited the California campus at least twice.

I think you're right, but to me it also seems like it's maybe hinting that they'll be moving there. Could be wishful thinking on my part, though (I can't help but celebrate when they move farther from the TTH). But it would probably be hard on Jinger having her first baby and being so far from both her family and Jeremy's. Dallas would seem to be a more practical choice, but I have no idea if the courses they offer there are compatible with Jeremy's program. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

So when Jeremy starts this, will he be receiving some kind of  salary? I hope so.

I'm wondering the same thing. They're about to have a baby. Hopefully he can do this and work at the same time, because I don't think their TLC earnings are going to support them.

Ooh what a turn of events! I'll be gladly waiting to see where they locate. As others have said, LA would be an interesting move - and something I can only see JinJer pulling off.

I went to the website. It doesn't seem to require residence for the full term of the degree

image.thumb.png.dfdc150cc562e68c6a1ceed4876f054b.png

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I went to the website. It doesn't seem to require residence for the full term of the degree

Gah! Well, still makes me hope they'll venture out.

Is it also a Men's Seminary? I googled it and the first listing says " We train men because lives depend on it".

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

It would make a big difference which particular classes are taught on-site, though. If it's just the last year of the degree, for example, they could relocate for a year (or Jeremy could go for the week and come home on the weekends or something). But if it's spread out throughout the entirety of the degree, that complicates things.

Damn. I saw the thread was hot and thought the baby came. 

I haven’t really met any famous people, but Jamie Lee Curtis’ daughter taught me about consent and alcohol policies for first year orientation during undergrad. 

4 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I absolutely believe Jeremy is just as fundie as the others, just that he has never had Jim Bob as a "mentor" in the way Ben, Derrick, and Austin have. 

Yes, this. I believe Jeremy has a grudging respect for JimBob because he is his father-in-law. However, he does not seem to idolize him the way the others appeared to in the early stages of their relationships with Duggar daughters.

I have to say, I respect Jeremy for going for a real M.Div.  Even though I doubt this is a great school, it's better than "I'm completely making this up and interpreting this myself".

Quick question, and I apologize if this was already mentioned, since I’m at work and can’t catch up on the thread, but in what subject did Jeremy earn his Bachelors degree? 

5 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Quick question, and I apologize if this was already mentioned, since I’m at work and can’t catch up on the thread, but in what subject did Jeremy earn his Bachelors degree? 

Business Administration

I am almost positive by "friends" they mean TLC gifted them the hotel stay. I could see a "Jinger Babymoon" episode happening.

I bet Ben, and especially Derick, are very jealous of  Jeremy. By fundie standards, Jeremy appears to be the best husband. It's interesting to note that Derick started going batshit crazy publicly when Jinger and Jeremy got married.

I'm glad he is finally going to seminary. It will help him in the long game if he chooses to write or be a large conference speaker. It would also help him to become a pastor of a larger church body, not a small plant like he has now. However, my bet is on him writing or attempting to do the Reformed conferences on a more prominent scale after being a preaching pastor at a larger church.

The seminary is well respected although there are people who dislike MacArthur for a variety of reasons (people in the conservative world). It fits with Jeremy's Reformed Baptist views though. I have a friend who dislikes MacArthur, I believe because of his views on Dispensationalism. 

I don't know enough about the school to know if they will need to move to LA eventually. That would make sense if they used their house as rent income if they moved. (We actually don't know how much of a loan they actually took out, or if Jeremy and Jinger actually make a TLC paycheck).

This all does add to the moving away from the practice of faith that Jinger grew up with, however it is NO DIFFERENT in the level of being conservative. They still hold the Bible in the same light, but they just read the ESV now.  Reformed people will try to say they aren't fundamentalists, but they are.

Oh I wanted to add, if they move to LA, I think it would prolong "Counting On" especially if Jinger decides to wear pants on the show.

12 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I'm glad he is finally going to seminary. It will help him in the long game if he chooses to write or be a large conference speaker. It would also help him to become a pastor of a larger church body, not a small plant like he has now. However, my bet is on him writing or attempting to do the Reformed conferences on a more prominent scale after being a preaching pastor at a larger church.

The seminary is well respected although there are people who dislike MacArthur for a variety of reasons (people in the conservative world). It fits with Jeremy's Reformed Baptist views though. I have a friend who dislikes MacArthur, I believe because of his views on Dispensationalism. 

I don't know enough about the school to know if they will need to move to LA eventually. That would make sense if they used their house as rent income if they moved. (We actually don't know how much of a loan they actually took out, or if Jeremy and Jinger actually make a TLC paycheck).

This all does add to the moving away from the practice of faith that Jinger grew up with, however it is NO DIFFERENT in the level of being conservative. They still hold the Bible in the same light, but they just read the ESV now.  Reformed people will try to say they aren't fundamentalists, but they are.

Oh I wanted to add, if they move to LA, I think it would prolong "Counting On" especially if Jinger decides to wear pants on the show.

Why do people not like it?  What are the differences?  Sorry you just seem to know much more about this than I do and would love to hear about it.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived