IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

celebrity meeting: the cast of rocky III, which i was in. that's me on the far right, 1981. sly was kinda stand offish, talia shire was sweet, mr t was really nice and burgess meridith was pretty well gone by then

1463320_10202541005750064_387439609_n.jpg

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy posted a cute pic of Jinger:

Spoiler

Jinger posted a date night pic of Jeremy:

Spoiler

Jeremy just reeks of pretentiousness to me, especially in that picture. 

Idk, maybe I am projecting though :lol:

Why yes, we do know that your husband is a hotshot hipster preacher who is soooo edge. Very edge. So edge. Wow. :NAWAK:

#eyeroll #facepalm

Every picture of the two of them I see, I feel they’re thinking the same thing: “I love Jeremy”

10 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

The Hidden Figures movie convinced my otherwise intelligent, rational husband that everything happened the way they say it did....he believed we landed on the moon but much later because...I don't rightly know.  The date was too convenient, he didn't understand how it was broadcast from the moon (I'm like dude, I don't even fully grasp how regular broadcasting works that doesn't mean tv isn't real lol).  I don't think he fully believed in a conspiracy but liked to get me all riled up and say the astronauts could have been hypnotized into thinking they went so THEY wouldn't be lying.  With Hidden Figures he grasped how very many people were involved plus I pointed out that if we went "later" then allllllll these numbers people that were working towards it would know it wasn't possible, would have to be in on it too....that got him because he's a numbers person.

I was going to try to explain this, but I probably wouldn't get it exactly right...show this to your hubby

https://www.popsci.com/how-nasa-broadcast-neil-armstrong-live-from-moon

Also, if we had landed after the "window" of landings, just think of how impossible it would have been to hide the launch. The Saturn V produced something over 7 MILLION pounds of thrust at launch. That's the kind of shit that breaks things. The night launch of Apollo 17 could be seen, if I remember right, pretty much all the way to North Carolina. 

12 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I've been acquainted with the Alter Bridge and Tremonti guys since their Creed/Submersed days. Love them all, especially Mark and Myles. Spent more than an hour talking to 30 Seconds to Mars in a bar adjacent to the venue after I got locked out accidentally, way back in their Beautiful Lie days. That same night I watched Walt Lafty from Silvertide and some of their road crew run down the street in Detroit and rescue a man who was being beaten up.   Hulk Hogan came into Hubby's restaurant in the Keys right at closing as I was waiting to pick him up. Anthony Bourdain popped his head into the tiny key lime pie shop I was working at (as I was reading one of his books!) down in Key West.  I've met Hassan and Jared from Hell's Kitchen once via Hubby. 

Hockey players I've met that are all Red Wings: Ted Lindsey, Gordie Howe, Alex Delvecchio, Steve Yzerman, Manny Legace, Dylan Larkin, Anthony Mantha (he is TALL in person!!) Luke Glendening, Tomas Tatar, Petr Mrazek, Riley Sheahan.  But my father in law is the lead mechanic for the Chicago Blackhawks' yacht when it's in port in Florida. 

And now my own live-in local celebrity as Hubby was featured on TV tonight for the restaurant where he is the Executive Chef! SO proud!!

This is why I love FJ :) .....I am a huge fan of AB too, they actually "saved" my life when I was in a real dark place many years ago, I have been to many M&G's with AB and just recently with Myles on his Solo Tour.....In Loving Memory was played at my Mom's funeral in 2012....I will be seeing Mark on his upcoming Tour  too...can't wait  <3   

here is my AB tattoo....the day after I got it in 2012  (Myles signed my wrist, so of course I had to get it tattooed ;) )

Spoiler

1609996_239766799548129_3788089423029302685_n.jpg.99e488adf3a2b3f1776859e6ee3df1a0.jpg

Some of y'all are seriously working my geek muscles out! And...now y'all all know what kind of geek I really am! Its why I was never one of the "cool" kids. 

If anyone wants suggestions on books or videos about anything NASA/space related, let me know. 

15 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I was going to try to explain this, but I probably wouldn't get it exactly right...show this to your hubby

https://www.popsci.com/how-nasa-broadcast-neil-armstrong-live-from-moon

Also, if we had landed after the "window" of landings, just think of how impossible it would have been to hide the launch. The Saturn V produced something over 7 MILLION pounds of thrust at launch. That's the kind of shit that breaks things. The night launch of Apollo 17 could be seen, if I remember right, pretty much all the way to North Carolina. 

Thank you!  Both of my parents are conspiracy theorists and I start freaking out when he edges in that direction.  He's usually very logical so this baffles me and makes me worried about where it could go in the future, so I want to nip it in the bud.  Thankfully he's very willing to listen to explanations by experts and learn.

3 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Blackbird came to have a lot of significance to me after my mom passed 2 years ago. 20180510_143326.thumb.jpg.33aeb6eb69f6a71d033a438034f670a0.jpg

Blackbird and now Love can only heal.....I am saving for my next tattoo.... I am sorry for the loss of your Mom! 

13 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

Thank you!  Both of my parents are conspiracy theorists and I start freaking out when he edges in that direction.  He's usually very logical so this baffles me and makes me worried about where it could go in the future, so I want to nip it in the bud.  Thankfully he's very willing to listen to explanations by experts and learn.

I detest conspiracy theory type folks. I ran into one who was spewing about the 1 October shooting here in LV. I told him that he should carry his ass here and tell his theory to any of the first responders and see what happens. I can tell you that the "doubters" have been known to get very badly injured when they say that shit to any local. 

27 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I detest conspiracy theory type folks. I ran into one who was spewing about the 1 October shooting here in LV. I told him that he should carry his ass here and tell his theory to any of the first responders and see what happens. I can tell you that the "doubters" have been known to get very badly injured when they say that shit to any local. 

I feel like doubters of any mass tragedy are horrible, but there’s something I find especially repulsive about Sandy Hook truthers - and it’s not just because I grew up very close to Newtown or know people who lost relatives either. I think it’s the viciousness and cruelty some of them have shown towards the families. One guy harassed one of Vicki Soto’s younger sisters at the 5K they hold in Vicki’s memory each November, families have been threatened, some of the playgrounds built for the victims have been defaced (and fixed)... it’s disgusting on so many levels. 

56 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Some of y'all are seriously working my geek muscles out! And...now y'all all know what kind of geek I really am! Its why I was never one of the "cool" kids. 

If anyone wants suggestions on books or videos about anything NASA/space related, let me know. 

I really appreciate your "geek" posts. You are definitely my kind of geek! Three years ago, I attended WorldCon in Spokane (a.k.a. Sasquan). The Science Guest of Honor was Guy Consolmagno, a Vatican Astronomer (now the Director of the Vatican Observatory). He was on the committee that downgraded Pluto, which he was bood for at the start of each of his panels. He won the Carl Sagan Award in 2014. I attended several of his panels. My Sweetie, friend, and I showed up early for a morning panel and had a picture taken with him. He looked like he could be my friend's brother! I also saw George R.R. Martin read the first chapter of The Winds of Winter there. I also attend as many space/science panels as I can at my local science fiction/fantasy convention each year. I really appreciate your knowledge of and connections to the space program.

For anyone interested...there are a bunch of fantastic NASA/Space related facebook groups. Most, if not all of them have NASA folks as members, from astronauts to flight controllers to flight directors to other engineers to other NASA employees. It's a space geek's heaven on earth. The discussions are fantastic. 

Not counting parking our RV next to a very, very minor local celebrity when I was very young (he was the host of a local kids TV program, and 3 year old me was FREAKING OUT) the closest I've ever come to a celebrity encounter was after posting a poem I read for one of my classes and loved on my blog when I was 19, I got a cease and desist type email from the author's publisher about it. So I wrote an angsty post about all these different poets/poems that people should read instead of the jerk that wouldn't let me share his work. (literally the only people who read my blog back then were my core group of high school friends and my mom)

And one of the poets commented on my post and said I could share any of his poems any time I wanted.  So go read some Michael Redhill cause he's a cool dude.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:16 AM, singsingsing said:

I saw Justin Trudeau speak once (long before he became prime minister) but I have barely any memory of it. My sister also saw him speak and got a picture with him (again, way before he became PM).

My daughter did too! It was at a student leadership event somewhere in the Toronto area. My husband told her, "Pay attention because that guy will be prime minister some day." She was about 13 but I don't think she remembers much about it either.

I’m looking for science books appropriate for young children. My daughter is 2 1/2 and I really want to get some age appropriate (or slightly older) books that will introduce science. 

4 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I’m looking for science books appropriate for young children. My daughter is 2 1/2 and I really want to get some age appropriate (or slightly older) books that will introduce science. 

I can’t help much, but I really like, “Ada Twist, Scientist.” It doesn’t talk about science in depth, but it does introduce the concept of using science to try and answer questions you have:

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/ada-twist-scientist-andrea-beaty/1123236059

This list is from 2010, but here are some other suggestions:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/great-science-books-for-the-little-ones-40074812/

11 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Let me do a little looking around, OK? Are you looking for general, earth/space, geology? I'm fixing dinner right now so give me a couple of hours to do some hunting, OK? 

ETA: this was the search I did on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_8?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=science+books+for+kids+5-7&sprefix=science+%2Caps%2C215&crid=2Z78J2IEWV29L

@Knight of Ni, my daughters are 3 and 5, and they love the Usborne books. Lots of really simple books with flaps teaching elementary basics to really young kids. Most bookstores in our area carry them (I'm in Canada).

My son loved the Magic School Bus series when he was 5, so a bit older than you might be after now, but maybe hear them in mind?  Nice stories with a factual basis. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived