IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

Celebrities I've met at conventions (and by met, I paid to take a pic with them lol): David Tennant, John Barrowman, Nichelle Nichols, Catherine Tate, Felicia Day, Will Wheton, and Stan Lee. 

Also seen: Sean Astin (got pic with at comic store),  Jeff Gordon, Russell Howard (sat next to at a sushi place in DC before a show so nice), various anime voice actors, Robin Williams (did pay to see him perform during a comedy tour), saw Danny DeVito and Richard Griffiths in a play in London.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I met Michelle Obama. She came to my job. It was pretty crazy because we didn't know she was coming until we showed up to work that day. Afterwards we found out that the secret service had been scoping us out and even visited posing as "prospective parents" (it was an after school care program) in the weeks beforehand. That was an awesome day.

My brain skipped the Obama part and I got so fucking confused that I don't even know in which dimension my brain escaped to. I thought you were talking about Michelle Duggar.

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I met Michelle Obama. She came to my job. It was pretty crazy because we didn't know she was coming until we showed up to work that day. Afterwards we found out that the secret service had been scoping us out and even visited posing as "prospective parents" (it was an after school care program) in the weeks beforehand. That was an awesome day.

I literally read this as Michelle Duggar...all the way to the end.

I can't recall meeting anyone famous enough that everyone has heard of them.   I've met a few Nobel prize winners, have a good friend who has a movie he directed coming out this summer, and a former roommate is a professor at a top university and has a couple of books that did well in the popular science category.  I once gave Arthur Benjamin a ride (props if you know who that is), and Mark Morris smiled at my kid in the SFO airport.  

Mr Karma sat in the seat in front of Hilary Clinton on a flight to New York on Saturday.  He gave her a nod.  I haven’t met anyone famous by American standards, but I did get Shane Porteous’ autograph back in my A Country Practice fan girl stage @Blahblah and @motelmum might have heard of him (early 1980s Australian soap opera actor).

2 hours ago, neurogirl said:

@VineHeart137 What was Michelle Obama like?????

Tall!! Lol she was really nice, very engaging with the kids. Our program was divided by grade level. She sat down with each group (literally, she sat on the floor in the gym) and talked to them and answered their questions. Our youngest group didn't have much to say so she asked the lead counselor to teach her a game they liked to play and she was really into it. At the end she gave each of us counselors a hug and thanked us for what we were doing. She didn't come off as though she was just there for the photo op, she seemed genuinely interested in what the kids had to say.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Tall!! Lol she was really nice, very engaging with the kids. Our program was divided by grade level. She sat down with each group (literally, she sat on the floor in the gym) and talked to them and answered their questions. Our youngest group didn't have much to say so she asked the lead counselor to teach her a game they liked to play and she was really into it. At the end she gave each of us counselors a hug and thanked us for what we were doing. She didn't come off as though she was just there for the photo op, she seemed genuinely interested in what the kids had to say.

This is, hands down, the post that has made me the most jealous. I love Michelle Obama so much; she always presents herself with such grace and kindness.  

On 5/11/2018 at 10:05 PM, beepy13 said:

New photo of JinJer. She has definitely figured out the classy pregnancy style!

Hide contents

Jinger's style has really changed and I'm so glad she can finally make her own fashion decisions. How many siblings does Jeremy have? I don't see Jinger and Jeremy having more than 3 or 4 kids. I think they are going the modern Evangelical route with an average sized family rather than fundie. They have shown they dare to be a bit different than the rest and are not shy about having expensive tastes.

Their instagrams show they eat out often at cafes and enjoy going to coffee shops.  They spend a lot of time shopping, travelling, and going on nice vacations.  This is very different from the frugal fundie ways of JB & Michelle who have trained their kids to not develop expensive tastes in preparation for popping out a baby on the regular.

28 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Jinger's style has really changed and I'm so glad she can finally make her own fashion decisions. How many siblings does Jeremy have? I don't see Jinger and Jeremy having more than 3 or 4 kids. I think they are going the modern Evangelical route with an average sized family rather than fundie. They have shown they dare to be a bit different than the rest and are not shy about having expensive tastes.

Their instagrams show they eat out often at cafes and enjoy going to coffee shops.  They spend a lot of time shopping, travelling, and going on nice vacations.  This is very different from the frugal fundie ways of JB & Michelle who have trained their kids to not develop expensive tastes in preparation for popping out a baby on the regular.

Jeremy has a sister named Valerie and a brother named Chuck/Charles. Neither one is married, and I believe they are both older than Jeremy. From what other posters on Free Jinger have observed, there is a possibility that Chuck and Valerie aren't nearly as fundie as Jeremy is. 

10 hours ago, Karma said:

Mr Karma sat in the seat in front of Hilary Clinton on a flight to New York on Saturday.  He gave her a nod.  I haven’t met anyone famous by American standards, but I did get Shane Porteous’ autograph back in my A Country Practice fan girl stage @Blahblah and @motelmum might have heard of him (early 1980s Australian soap opera actor).

Shane Porteous? Played the doctor? I didn’t watch A Country Practice but I remember him. Not too many famous people sightings in my bit of Aus sadly.

But I saw Robert Downey Jr at LA airport about 18 years ago.

@Karma I did meet The Wiggles back when some of them were The Cockroaches and were playing a gig at the Adelaide Uni Bar.

10 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Wow! That speaks volumes about her!! That is AWESOME!!! I'm a little jealous....I gotta be honest!!!!!!! 

2 hours ago, Karma said:

Yes that was him, @Blahblah.  But...you didn’t watch A Country Practice?  I loooooved it.  I don’t think we can be friends anymore.

Lol. Can’t even remember what I watched back then but I know it wasn’t that. 

I can’t remember what else I watched either.  I do remember that I missed out on the episode where Molly gave birth to her daughter Chloe because I had to attend a pesky year 11 subject selection night at school.  And although VCRs has been invented we didn’t have one :( .  Fun fact, I wanted to name our daughter Chloe but my husband hated the name and he didn’t know that I chose it because of the show. 

Well, despite you not watching A Country Practice, and also despite your love of Dr Who (the swirly intro freaked me out when I was 5 and I never got over it), I think...actually...that I would still like to be your friend, @Blahblah

Regarding famous people, I'm going to out myself a little, although these people aren't famous. Last summer, my friends and I went on a camping trip in Southern Oregon. One day, we hiked into the Brown Mountain Lava Flow, which is along the Pacific Crest Trail. While hiking we saw through hikers, those trying to complete the trail from Campo, California, to Canada, which is over 2600 miles. I've read Cheryl Strayed's Wild (and saw the movie), and have read The Last Englishman, which is also about hiking the PCT. I know I would never have the stamina needed to average 20 miles a day, hike through the snow covered Sierra Nevadas, lose toenails, have to go to the bathroom in the woods (that's where my hiking stops!), and go days without showering and without hair removal. I played it as cool as possible with the through hikers, especially since I didn't have any goodies to share (sure wish I had some homemade cookies or something), but inside, I was completely geeking out! Seeing the through hikers even made my Christmas letter!

14 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I'll just keep imagining you're talkin' bout our deal ol' Mrs Duggarino. I need some entertainment for tonight, and bad! :dance:

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I was thinking about it and remembered that JinJer's website has this piece of text - bolding by me;

"2. Procreation

In Genesis 1:28 God tells Adam and Eve, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Thus, one of the clear purposes of marriage is to enjoy the delight of children! This is not itself the essence of marriage but is often a beautiful gift within the covenant union."

It's not exactly emphasised, but I'm wondering if this is a sort of a fundie way of saying "it's ok to control the amount of kids you have"? In any case, I could see them having maybe a maximum of 10 children, but more along the lines of 4 to 6. Just wondering how "ready" Jinger would be to such a drastic change, from a billion kids to just counting them with one hand. Then again, Jeremy is the head of the house and I suppose he has the last say on the amount of weans...

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I wonder if Jeremy may have tricked old Jimbob. The whole courting thing and asking for your daughter gives power to the dad in so far that they make the intended promise all sorts of shit.  I know a family that made the future son inlaw promise they would never take their daughter to another church cult and all sorts of weird controlling things. To me it pretty obvious the Vuolos are controlling the when and how many children they pop out.  The whole 'let God decide' your family size it a foundation of what the Duggars believe, I would be shocked to find out that old jimbob didn't demand this to anyone that wanted one of his daughters. 

22 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

My husband would be jealous. He loves her. Thinks she should be President! 

Oh Jeremy played Boob, he knew what JB wanted to hear and he told it to him.  I don't doubt for a second that Jeremy is fundy, he's just a different flavor of fundy from JB.  These two will have three or four kids tops. Jeremy is snake oil salesman, I don't know if he believes 1/2 the crap that comes out of his mouth or if he's just spouting it in hopes of becoming the next Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, Joel Osten or what ever mega rich con man preacher he's hoping to be. 

I, too, have always believed Jeremy "shined" old Jim Bob on what it came to subject the family planning. I have no doubt he is a fundie jerk,  just that he has no particular fondness or respect for Jim Bob. What's interesting to me is how many of the daughters didn't marry ATI/IBLP guys. Only Austin grew up ATI and his father has gone thru a divorce. I guess this "perfect" standards let in "imperfect" men, after all. 

Whether or not Jeremy 'tricked' Jim Bob has definitely been discussed and the conclusions seem to boil down to:

-Depending on the extent of the trickery involved, this would constitute really disturbing and troubling behaviour on Jeremy's part.

-But we don't know that there was any trickery involved, on anyone's part.

-We don't know that Jinger and Jeremy are deviating in any significant way from what Jim Bob would find acceptable.

-It's entirely possible they're not preventing pregnancy at all and simply took longer than usual to get pregnant.

-It's also entirely possible that Jeremy was totally open with Jim Bob about certain forms of family planning being acceptable, and Jim Bob was totally fine with it.

All of the above are good points. I do reiterate that Jeremy has a different power dynamic with Jim Bob than the other groom's. He is older and has taken Jinger well away from the Duggar compound. If he and Jinger stopped appearing on Counting On, I believe they would function and adapt noticeably better than the Dillards. I absolutely believe Jeremy is just as fundie as the others, just that he has never had Jim Bob as a "mentor" in the way Ben, Derrick, and Austin have. 

On 5/12/2018 at 12:11 AM, Coconut Flan said:

I believe that's Sanctuary at Kiawah in South Carolina.  

Absolutely. Their grifting game is strong if they have friends donating these kind of trips to them. And who paid for the airfare?

Here's another picture of the one of the staircases, from Trip Advisor:

image.png.1398cebf5d2f4050fd7c976c12ca1334.png

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived