IGNORED

Jinjer 38: Bun in the Oven

Jellybean

Thanks for all the suggestions. They are all great books. I have a degree in the STEM field but wasn’t really introduced to the idea of science as a career until later in school. I loved magic school bus as a kid and definitely want my daughter to read the books and watch the shows. 

If I had to do it over again I think I would definitely major in an engineering field. I have a degree in chemistry and working in a private lab sucked my soul away. It was more like a chain gang than a work place. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What my daughter has done is use the local library a lot.  The librarians are very helpful and they have a science section for kids and a lot of books for science for parents.  More than the books the grandkids enjoy hands on doing and making things.  Make your own bath bombs, make edible play doh, make fingerpaint, color white carnations, etc.  We started with the play doh and fingerpaint.

Celebrities:

I have met Matt Smith and Karen Gillian. 

Musicians: Rachel Platten, Carly Rae Jepsen, A Great Big World. I have to go back and check. 

I went to Prince's last dance party at Paisley Park. I literally was 3 feet away from him. 

I also have met Former Sen. Al Franken, even have a few pics. 

I have met a king! Well, a sheikh but still he did oversee the whole country. 

My fave encounter was Signourney Weaver. She talked and chatted with me. Called me the famous rebecca and left it at that. 

I've met Robert DeNiro, Axl Rose, Slash, Mr. T,  Jack Nicholson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Darryl Hannah, Tom Jones and quite a few others I didn't recognize at the time (people had to tell me after) because of tendency towards facial blindness and my lack of pop culture references. I suspect that some of them were amused that I had no clue who they were and failed to faun over them.

The Queen Mother's car almost ran me over when I was 16 and wandering London one night. I had to lunge out of the way. She waved serenely from the backseat.

Years later I got to say "Yes Ma'am" to Queen Elizabeth (OMG - her outfit was so beautiful - I have never seen tailoring like that before), and nod at Prince Phillip. One of my friends was a member of the Palace Guard and he's got loads of stories, so I can't help but think of Prince Phillip as the Iron Duke. He overheard me whispering something about "there's the Iron Duke" to the friend standing next to me (she hadn't heard the stories), and he turned and winked at me. I still get teased about that one... 

Also Pierre Trudeau once bought me a glass of wine - he was old when I met him, but so articulate and elegant... if I hadn't had a BF on my arm I so would have hit on him. Justin is decorative, but to me he'll never measure up to his father :kitty-wink:

My daughter loves Magic School Bus and has since she was two.

Today I met a man who played with Johnny Cash and Tanya Tucker, produced American Bandstand, and has played three presidential inaugurations. 

I freaking love this city.

New photo of JinJer. She has definitely figured out the classy pregnancy style!

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, beepy13 said:

New photo of JinJer. She has definitely figured out the classy pregnancy style!

That is a beautiful home they are visiting.

jinger really looks like Michelle to me, at least she seems to resemble her the most. I never thought that when she was younger.

The Magic School Bus books are awesome but a little old for 2/3 year old Here was a good selection of books I found on Amazon for kids ages 4 and up.   

As for celebs I've met, living in Iowa its a lot harder to meet famous folks because we just don't get them here very often.  But through online friends with great stalking skills I've met all the members of Duran Duran, a total dream come true.  

46 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I believe that's Sanctuary at Kiawah in South Carolina.  

Had Jinger already announced she was having a girl? How did I miss her jinder reveal? I agree she has classy pregnacy look down. My pregnancy looks is more like dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, LaPeleona said:

Had Jinger already announced she was having a girl? How did I miss her jinder reveal? I agree she has classy pregnacy look down. My pregnancy looks is more like dumpster fire.

Yes, with an over the top neon sign. :roll:

Spoiler

baby.thumb.png.9dbce4dc72fa7aa01ee48b2e8da89bd2.png

8 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

jinger really looks like Michelle to me, at least she seems to resemble her the most. I never thought that when she was younger.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this picture on Instagram!

I like her outfit. I hope Jeremy has a back up pastor for how often he seems to be away. 

And by "hope" I mean hopefully everyone who has to listen to his awful sermons has run for the hills. 

People I’ve met: 

most of the Tennessee Titans and Nashville Predators 

Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler 

Charles Esten, Property Brothers

sorry I haven’t been in as much, I’ve been slammed with work and volunteering. 

57 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How come none of these people can pay for their own "getaways"?

I don’t know that they necessarily can’t pay for their own getaways (although this place is a bit pricy), I believe the “friends” Jeremy was referring to may be TLC so that they could film.

Haven't been here for months and woooow am I out of the loop. Not really in the mood to browse tons of pages due to that, so, when's the baby poppin' out?

1 minute ago, finnlassie said:

Haven't been here for months and woooow am I out of the loop. Not really in the mood to browse tons of pages due to that, so, when's the baby poppin' out?

Mid July. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Mid July. 

Now I'm starting to hope I'll share my birthday with the wean.... :my_angel:

I may have a new granddaughter around the same time - DD is due July 2. Hopefully it doesn't drag on til the middle of July though.

3 minutes ago, Inky said:

I may have a new granddaughter around the same time - DD is due July 2. Hopefully it doesn't drag on til the middle of July though.

My new nephew is due right before the Spice Baby too. I hope your daughter has a good rest of her pregnancy, an easy delivery, quick recovery, and her daughter is born healthy and safe.

I've met wayyy too many celebrities but I had a groupie phase a couple of years ago. Met Fergie, Will.i.am, BSB, Jake Gyllenhaal, Demi Lovato, Enrique Iglesias, Luis Fonsi, a bunch of other people.... And I met Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman at the premiere of Thor in London.

I feel so boring and normal. I haven't met anyone famous. Not one. Shannon Daugherty came to my high school once to discuss teen stuff but I didn't see her and this was before 90210 when she was on that cheesy show with Wilford Brimley. 

19 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Now I'm starting to hope I'll share my birthday with the wean.... :my_angel:

Ok folks,

You know you've spent too much time in the Bro Gary threads when you read this as "I'm starting to hope I'll share my birthday with the ween." :laughing-rollingyellow:

Sis JillyO

I met Michelle Obama. She came to my job. It was pretty crazy because we didn't know she was coming until we showed up to work that day. Afterwards we found out that the secret service had been scoping us out and even visited posing as "prospective parents" (it was an after school care program) in the weeks beforehand. That was an awesome day.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived