Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Recommended Posts

SilverBeach
13 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I would rather have the game than listen to any more therapy appointments. Or deep guarded/safe conversations.

I'm over it all. Need something fresh on SW. I'm moving on to the Walking Dead now, great snarking with you all!

Edited by SilverBeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad
feministxtian
59 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

it just seemed like a strange choice with their conservative beliefs and small children. There are many other states/places they could have moved to that would be more in line with their beliefs, I’d have thought...

Contrary to what you may see on TV, there's a helluva lot more to Vegas than the 3 miles of Las Vegas Blvd that is so famous. Overall, it's a pretty conservative area. But, it's a common misconception to folks that don't live here. 

I live about 4 miles west of the strip, I can see the light from the Luxor from my balcony. I also work in an industry that has close ties to the strip...however, most of Vegas is nothing more than a fairly large city where people are just doing the best they can at what they can. It's not all showgirls and brothels (actually, there are no legal brothels in Clark County). 

tl;dr don't make assumptions based on what you see on TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower
26 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Great question! @2manyKidzzz

First time they aren't glued together like the other young couples.  ... In last week's episode that was replayed earlier tonight, Mariah mentioned she just graduated Westminster and would be working for the summer. ... Not sure of Audrey's school/work status ...

okay first off it looks like Mariah is thinking of a move to Chicago. 

secondly it looks like Mariah has a youtube channel with a very long Q and A she put up a few days ago. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfLu-pjQddn9bqwYwTmsnnw

20 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Thanks for the pleasure of your company, Snarkettes!!

Now on to more interesting cray cray:

Who's joining me over at Three Wives, One Husband. Where Abel is planning to marry two more wives. (His brother's widows)

tried watching it couldn't stand it. maybe i'll give it another shot. 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
ChickenettiLuvr

Hi there, @feministxtian! ... I think way back when the Brown Clown was moving wives & kids to Las Vegas, the explanation was that "polygamy isn't illegal in Nevada" and "LV would be more accepting of their different lifestyle."

[My memory could be wrong, so corrections are welcome.]

The photo of Mariah with her best friend/ person in the world makes me wonder where in the heckity heck is Audrey and if/how she fits in the Chicago plan. What do you think, @Ivycoveredtower???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower
1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hi there, @feministxtian! ... I think way back when the Brown Clown was moving wives & kids to Las Vegas, the explanation was that "polygamy isn't illegal in Nevada" and "LV would be more accepting of their different lifestyle."

[My memory could be wrong, so corrections are welcome.]

..... 

The photo of Mariah with her best friend/ person in the world makes me wonder where in the heckity heck is Audrey and if/how she fits in the Chicago plan. What do you think, @Ivycoveredtower???

her and Audrey are still very much together. follow the youtube link and watch the Q and A Mariah and Audrey did and posted on the 20th I am watching it right now. I am only 4 mins in but they may address the moving its a 17 min + video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
ChickenettiLuvr

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!!

Apparently I caught the migraine from @Sky with diamonds on the Sister Wives thread.... I'm fresh out of snark and witty repartee. Still watching, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad
feministxtian
12 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hi there, @feministxtian! ... I think way back when the Brown Clown was moving wives & kids to Las Vegas, the explanation was that "polygamy isn't illegal in Nevada" and "LV would be more accepting of their different lifestyle."

I don't know if it is or not...but in LV, it's a whole lot of live and let live. I was commenting mostly on the idea that LV isn't a great place for kids...Except for the strip, LV is just like every other southwestern suburban type city. If you go about a mile east or west from the strip, it's just a city. 

las vegas.JPG

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OhNoNike
37 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Contrary to what you may see on TV, there's a helluva lot more to Vegas than the 3 miles of Las Vegas Blvd that is so famous. Overall, it's a pretty conservative area. But, it's a common misconception to folks that don't live here. 

I live about 4 miles west of the strip, I can see the light from the Luxor from my balcony. I also work in an industry that has close ties to the strip...however, most of Vegas is nothing more than a fairly large city where people are just doing the best they can at what they can. It's not all showgirls and brothels (actually, there are no legal brothels in Clark County). 

tl;dr don't make assumptions based on what you see on TV

I almost even put in a disclaimer that I realized it wasn’t the strip. I’m sure you all are so used to people generalizing like that.  Sorry - I didn’t mean to come across that way.  I just meant that I’d have thought Idaho, Wyoming, Washington... all other states where polygamists have moved, and even some places where they have family.  So LV came out of the blue to me, given that :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz

Does anyone know what type of work Mariah does, what she studied in college?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
Carm_88

Oh jesus! Mariah moves across the country, Meri melts down...can we talk about the tears and guilt that will be coming! 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don'tlikekoolaid

Can't watch in real time with you as HB hates Cody and because Mr. Kool is in a wheelchair since his stroke and I want to be really good to him.  Before stroke he would just leave the room.  But I love reading your posts before I watch after he goes to bed, it really enhances the viewing experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower

okay so after watching the Q and A I have to say I love Audrey and Mariah as a couple. secondly not that I really care but since Kody Makes SUCH  a big deal about purity and marriage and blah blah blah. I just want to talk about what kids seem to be following that and which don't. 

we know Logan and Michelle have been living together and Logan basically told his dad I'll do what I want. ( I love that Logan just does his own thing and seems to have drifted away from the show) 

from watching  seeing the Q and A  and Mariah's insta pics I  think Mariah and Audrey are probalby living together. (Not sure though) 

we know Mykelti and Tony had a chaste courtship as Kody puts it. (yuck) 

Maddie and Caleb did not live together  before marriage she got her own apartment after they got engaged and she moved to Wyoming. 

Aspyn and Mitch seem to either be moving in together now or after the wedding either way Aspyn can't wait for them to move in together. as she says in the tlc video announcing her engagement. 

 

@2manyKidzzz  in the Q and A Mariah says she graduated in May with a Bachelor's degree in psychology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad
feministxtian
5 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I almost even put in a disclaimer that I realized it wasn’t the strip. I’m sure you all are so used to people generalizing like that.  Sorry - I didn’t mean to come across that way.  I just meant that I’d have thought Idaho, Wyoming, Washington... all other states where polygamists have moved, and even some places where they have family.  So LV came out of the blue to me, given that :) 

Its cool. Yeah, most people think that LV is nothing more than the strip. I've had online peeps act surprised when I said I went to church! Locals don't spend a whole lot of time anywhere near the strip. It's crowded, full of idiot tourists and generally not someplace to kill a day. Unfortunately I have to spend time on the strip, in the hotels, well, construction sites, because of the company I work for. We do custom lighting for the casinos, etc. There are nice hotels/casinos in town that we'll go to, Alliante has a superb buffet and great military discounts. Red Rock is gorgeous and has great restaurants/buffets. Some of them have movie theaters in them and we'll go for dinner and a movie. But, we only go to the strip if friends blow into town. Otherwise...the closest I'll get to it is crossing the boulevard to cross from the west side to the east side of town and even then I'll choose where to cross it. I usually go north or use the freeway. 

However, the truth is I love living here. LV is in a valley, surrounded by mountains. Its gorgeous. The cost of living is very reasonable (although gas seems to be going up lately), there isn't much traffic (compared to where I'm from), the people tend to be rather friendly and well, I love it here! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz
15 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh jesus! Mariah moves across the country, Meri melts down...can we talk about the tears and guilt that will be coming! 

I’m sure there are direct flights from LV to Chicago. And Chicago is fun. In the summer, ha ha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarblesMom
2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Yeah, most people think that LV is nothing more than the strip.

Best/worst tourist experience ever was going north and a bit west of the Strip... wow, you think LA and OC have homeless issues..... we were agog with the people on the street with mattresses, etc.  Vegas does a great job of hiding their homeless issue from tourists who never leave their hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad
feministxtian
55 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Best/worst tourist experience ever was going north and a bit west of the Strip... wow, you think LA and OC have homeless issues..... we were agog with the people on the street with mattresses, etc.  Vegas does a great job of hiding their homeless issue from tourists who never leave their hotel.

The north end of the blvd is bad. There are shelters on Las Vegas Blvd and Owens, a big Veteran's shelter at LVB and Bonanza. We do have a big homeless problem that the city/county is trying to deal with. They just opened another shelter for teens. Thing is, many of them go to either the Salvation Army or Catholic Charities up there for food but won't stay in the shelter b/c rules. My husband stayed in the SA shelter while we were homeless. There was no set up for married couples and of course, no set up for the felines. So, he stayed there and I stayed in the truck or couch surfed. It took a month for the wheels to turn and we were placed in temporary housing by US Vets. From there we jumped through the eligibility hoops for HUD-VASH assistance. It sucked. 

So, yes, we have homeless issues here.  A couple of non-profits have bought old motels/hotels and refurbished/remodeled them for low-rent housing for homeless people. It's slow going and dependent on grants and donations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mstee

Love your map drawing @feministxtian

A good family friend of mine has lived in LV for many many years and hardly ever goes to the strip. Too much traffic and hassle. The rest of LV is just like any other city (though I’ve always wondered why your traffic lights are soooooo long?? Longest out of any city I’ve been in!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad
feministxtian
3 hours ago, mstee said:

Love your map drawing @feministxtian

A good family friend of mine has lived in LV for many many years and hardly ever goes to the strip. Too much traffic and hassle. The rest of LV is just like any other city (though I’ve always wondered why your traffic lights are soooooo long?? Longest out of any city I’ve been in!)

Traffic lights are a joke...even after it turns red, a few cars still go through. Driving here is like Mad Max meets Death Race. The strangest thing about living here is seeing Lambos, Maseratis and Ferraris all over the place to the point where it's no big deal at all. The COOLEST thing that ever happened to me was a guy in a Lambo giving me a thumbs up when he pulled next to my Mustang. 

We've lived here for 3-1/2 years now. Can't imagine living anywhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower

here is a video of Mariah talking about what she is currently doing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OhNoNike

I have to say that Mariah looks great.  She just looks happier and I think healthier.  She just has a totally different “feel” when I see her- I’m so happy she has found herself.  (Well as much as one can at that point, lol.  I’m on the 40s side of 30 and am still finding out parts of myself all the time).  Just wanted to put that out there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower
5 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I have to say that Mariah looks great.  She just looks happier and I think healthier.  She just has a totally different “feel” when I see her- I’m so happy she has found herself.  (Well as much as one can at that point, lol.  I’m on the 40s side of 30 and am still finding out parts of myself all the time).  Just wanted to put that out there.  

I agree. though I Have to disagree with her that their is no such thing as trendy activism. I think plenty of people just jump on to whatever "Cause" is getting the most media attention at the time not really caring what it is and then move on to the next on a few weeks later. first it was the Metoo movement now it's gun violence in schools. next month who knows what it will be but I doubt the first two movements will be talked about much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz

I most likely can’t watch Spirit Babies for Kody tonight as our oldest son is visiting. 

If someone could just briefly post what Kody and Meri say about their “relationship” I would appreciate it. I guess that they will stay together for Spirit Babies. We do know she started the B&B right and goes between the B&B and LV.

Thanks in advance. All Hail Spirit Babies!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz

Son and husband went to movie I don’t want to see. 

So I will watch this drama unfold tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.