IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

Congratulations! I hope June 8/9 is a joyous and not-too-stressful celebration for you and your family!

Thank you, Neurogirl!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing June 16th. This is my sister in law's wedding day and then I will be able to snigger silently to myself that she shares her wedding day with a Duggar. She has been a bit hoity toity so my passive agressive nature would enjoy this blight on the day even though no one else would understand me. Wow I feel horrible after writing that, but not horrible enough not to post it.

I really need to get in the habit of posting over here more often! 

So as much as I hate to say it, it seems Pickles is correct this time. June 30 is the date, according to the invitation that i got today. Seems to be a little longer than the typical 3 month engagements the other ones have had.

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

I really need to get in the habit of posting over here more often! 

So as much as I hate to say it, it seems Pickles is correct this time. June 30 is the date, according to the invitation that i got today. Seems to be a little longer than the typical 3 month engagements the other ones have had.

I'm just wondering, how do you know the Duggars? I recall you saying that you weren't invited to Joy's wedding because you haven't had much interaction with her - do you know Josiah better? I'm also curious about why/how you're still close enough to be invited to their weddings (yes, I know they invite eleventy billion people, but maybe they need to vet their guest list better if some of their guests are posting on FJ, lol). Feel free to be as vague as you like (or not answer at all). :) 

I'm thinking the wedding day could be May 21st. Just a hunch I have, don't ask me why.

hmm.....I was initially dead set either May 19 or May 25 for them, but now I'm seriously doubting that, only because we haven't gotten a "bachelor/bachelorette party" announcement from them.

If it weren't for Jinger and Kendra I'd actually be highly-inclined to believe June 30 at this point......and honestly JoKen with a newborn at a wedding isn't a big deal, and we've seen extremely-pregnant Duggar women at weddings before. It's only because of travel that I worry about Jinger.....I know some commercial airlines don't fly women >35-36wk by rule; they seem to not mind driving across TX but I'd be so terrified of Jinger developing a blood clot from such a long drive (or even the short flight...); JD could get them I guess.....

It is looking more and more like Pickles got lucky with a real 'source' this time. @ihaveanexamintwodays, I definitely agree that the seeming lack of a bachelor(ette) party so far is pretty telling! Hopefully this placates her for a while and she abandons her godawful plan to harass that girl into a meeting with Derick Dillard! 

I think June 30th is an absolutely awful choice of date on their part. I'm sure they have their reasons, but what the heck? Kendra will have a 2-week-old infant - not the end of the world, but not really ideal for them. And Jinger will be about to give birth. Why not get married a month earlier and make it so much easier for everyone? Add it to long, long list of seemingly irrational Duggar decisions, I guess. 

This seriously makes me worried that Jinger is going to travel to AR three weeks before her due date for the wedding and then just hang out there until her baby is born so that Jill can assist with the delivery. :my_sick:

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm just wondering, how do you know the Duggars? I recall you saying that you weren't invited to Joy's wedding because you haven't had much interaction with her - do you know Josiah better? I'm also curious about why/how you're still close enough to be invited to their weddings (yes, I know they invite eleventy billion people, but maybe they need to vet their guest list better if some of their guests are posting on FJ, lol). Feel free to be as vague as you like (or not answer at all). :) 

I was actually surprised that we were invited, but i guess that blood is blood, even if it’s just a few drops. :my_cool:  

4 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

I was actually surprised that we were invited, but i guess that blood is blood, even if it’s just a few drops. :my_cool:  

Did they send you their registry info with the invite, too? I'm just sayin'. Grifters gonna grift. :pb_lol:

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Did they send you their registry info with the invite, too? I'm just sayin'. Grifters gonna grift. :pb_lol:

Oh yes - it’s on the invitation (very small, but it’s there).

5 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

So..what are you getting them? :my_angel:

Same thing i got the rest of them - nothing. That sounds bad, i know, but i don’t think they will have a shortage of gifts, lol! Maybe i should go see what all they’ve registered for...

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

This seriously makes me worried that Jinger is going to travel to AR three weeks before her due date for the wedding and then just hang out there until her baby is born so that Jill can assist with the delivery. :my_sick:

Wasn’t that the plan all along??? I’m also very worried about poor Kendra getting all dolled up while she’s still adjusting to motherhood and having to attend a major family function. Hopefully she has her mom or maybe Lauren around to help her those first couple of weeks! 

Jinger, if you are reading this: If the wedding is June 30, as soon as the couple have said "I do" and run down the aisle, you run and get your arse out of Arkansas and into a proper hospital to deliver your baby. I wouldn't trust Jill with delivering a potato. 

I'm surprised by that date as well. Kendra could go two weeks late and/or Jinger could go a few weeks early. I wouldn't have risked it.  I honestly don't think Jinger has any intention of birthing at home. She said she invited her mom to the birth (and maybe Jessa and Jana) and that Jill wanted to be there too. It didn't sound like she was inviting Jill. Who knows with them though. It seems Siren chose a date no one would have guessed.

The.Registry.Is.On.The.Invitation.  :NAWAK:

This tells me EvErYtHiNg. Their tackiness knows NO BOUNDS. 

I was just thinking about it, with Jinger's due date being so close to the wedding, maybe Jeremy and Jinger aren't going. I mean, Jinger has so many siblings and it's such a big family, they might just miss this one because they live so far away and have their own stuff going on. Their own stuff like having a baby. Also, Josiah and Lauren can't plan their life around all the siblings. That would be impossible and nothing would ever get done. It would be ridiculous to expect Jinger to come back for every single wedding or family event, especially with Jinger is so close to the due date. It would be completely different if they lived in town. 

However, I also know who these people are and I wouldn't put it past Jinger and Jeremy to do something ridiculous and travel so close to the due date. I hope Jinger isn't planning on having the baby in Arkansas because it makes very little sense. I don't know how that would work with Jeremy's job. The only thing that makes sense is having it be very convenient for filming, which is why I wouldn't put it past them.  

Also, hope Jill isn't involved in the delivery because I wouldn't even trust her with my cats for a few moments, let alone anything involving children.

Just wanted to throw the futile thought and hope of Jinger not attending the wedding and making smart decisions out there, I guess.

FWIW, I traveled (via car) ~500 miles from my home to my parents' home when I was 37 weeks pregnant and I was fine.

Edit:  I also cleared it with my doc, and traveled with my complete medical records.

JD is probably flying Jinjer so hopefully she can run back to the safety of Texas and away from Jill in good time.

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It is looking more and more like Pickles got lucky with a real 'source' this time. @ihaveanexamintwodays, I definitely agree that the seeming lack of a bachelor(ette) party so far is pretty telling! Hopefully this placates her for a while and she abandons her godawful plan to harass that girl into a meeting with Derick Dillard! 

I think June 30th is an absolutely awful choice of date on their part. I'm sure they have their reasons, but what the heck? Kendra will have a 2-week-old infant - not the end of the world, but not really ideal for them. And Jinger will be about to give birth. Why not get married a month earlier and make it so much easier for everyone? Add it to long, long list of seemingly irrational Duggar decisions, I guess. 

I can’t really blame them to be honest. Josiah has so many siblings and planning around all their schedules just isn’t possible. That’s not considering possible date conflicts on Lauren’s side or with any friends either - like how JinJer had to consider Dan Dillard’s wedding date when picking their own. Of course, there’s venue availability as well. June is one of the more popular months for weddings in the states and getting a date for a venue they liked may have been an issue. And, finally, planning with Lauren’s 19th birthday in mind. They may have wanted a month buffer between her birthday and the wedding for some reason (like JoKen had with their wedding.)

I know things work different in this culture, but JinJer and JoKen have the choice to attend or to not attend. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I can’t really blame them to be honest. Josiah has so many siblings and planning around all their schedules just isn’t possible. That’s not considering possible date conflicts on Lauren’s side or with any friends either - like how JinJer had to consider Dan Dillard’s wedding date when picking their own. Of course, there’s venue availability as well. June is one of the more popular months for weddings in the states and getting a date for a venue they liked may have been an issue. And, finally, planning with Lauren’s 19th birthday in mind. They may have wanted a month buffer between her birthday and the wedding for some reason (like JoKen had with their wedding.)

I know things work different in this culture, but JinJer and JoKen have the choice to attend or to not attend. 

Like I said, I'm sure they have their reasons, but from the outside looking in it sure looks like they went with pretty much the worst date possible for both Kendra and Jinger. No, they don't have to attend, and if they're too uncomfortable I hope they don't - but this being fundiedom, they probably will. Whether they're comfortable or not is irrelevant. I'll never forget Anna joking about giving birth in the RV. Fun times!

Anna attended 2 days before giving birth. They’ll be there. 

With a family that big, especially with the families being probably quiver full at this point, they can't possibly plan around all the siblings. Jinger and Joe are definitely closer in age to Josiah, but at some point (and maybe that point is now) everyone's schedules just can't line up perfectly nicely anymore. 

I know they can't possibly avoid situations like this entirely given the size of their family. I've made the same argument myself many times. But in this case, it seems like they could have chosen a date that would have been much more convenient for Kendra and Jinger. Having said that, obviously I don't know the details of their lives. It's possible that every single other weekend this Spring/Summer was a total no-go. Just given what we've seen from the Duggars time and time again over the years, I'm more inclined to think it's just yet another example of their carelessness, but hey. Who knows.

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This seriously makes me worried that Jinger is going to travel to AR three weeks before her due date for the wedding and then just hang out there until her baby is born so that Jill can assist with the delivery.

If I were in Jinger's position I would go "HELL. TO. THE. NO." if Jill offered her "services", but I'm not and she wouldn't do that, so the best I'm gonna hope for is that Jeremy takes advantage of that sweet sweet patriarchal authority and says it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived