IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

54 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I know they can't possibly avoid situations like this entirely given the size of their family. I've made the same argument myself many times. But in this case, it seems like they could have chosen a date that would have been much more convenient for Kendra and Jinger. Having said that, obviously I don't know the details of their lives. It's possible that every single other weekend this Spring/Summer was a total no-go. Just given what we've seen from the Duggars time and time again over the years, I'm more inclined to think it's just yet another example of their carelessness, but hey. Who knows.

It's just the most frustrating scenario. I can't imagine there isn't another date for the entire summer free, given that Joy had a Friday evening wedding as well (so it didn't HAVE to be a Saturday afternoon wedding).

There seems to be two occasions in these children's lives they actually have the attention of their families, and particularly their parents: Their wedding days, and the birth of a child. 

Jinger saying "Sorry, I'm not able to travel" is one thing. I don' think anyone will be upset if that's the case given the circumstances. But I will be very, very angry if either Kendra or Jinger is either in labour or has just delivered a child and the family is forced to choose between two major life events because they couldn't choose a better date.

It's not as though your going to up and leave your sister in labour to attend your brothers wedding, especially if it involves travelling to and from Texas. God forbid either Kendra, Jinger or their babies have serious complications just to make things even harder.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

E0D2EE4A-489C-4D08-A3E9-1F13A1F4B096.thumb.jpeg.1f5394422d442c32f3d48c478095046a.jpeg0A547549-9A6F-4065-8C7A-D15CBF3DCD78.thumb.jpeg.7886733ef0c002e40eb41e209e2c601c.jpeg

Looks like Josiah and Lauren were at the family conference at Big Sandy (the only other Duggar I spotted in the pics was Jana). 

Spoiler

916B28AD-FFB8-4DCD-B613-A5D97009F879.jpeg.d9a008197cf2bab281506db44eac7a35.jpeg1B92DF18-7B82-4667-BD67-7A2C2150DBE8.thumb.jpeg.5603f8c2b1b2c84289c2ab7e21d21dba.jpeg

Also, date night (featuring the entire family as chaperones of course). Why do fundie girls insist on clinging onto their men for dear life in every photo like that!?

3 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

Why do fundie girls insist on clinging onto their men for dear life in every photo like that!?

Because that's the only way they can even touch the guy? 

4 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

It's just the most frustrating scenario. I can't imagine there isn't another date for the entire summer free, given that Joy had a Friday evening wedding as well (so it didn't HAVE to be a Saturday afternoon wedding).

There seems to be two occasions in these children's lives they actually have the attention of their families, and particularly their parents: Their wedding days, and the birth of a child. 

Jinger saying "Sorry, I'm not able to travel" is one thing. I don' think anyone will be upset if that's the case given the circumstances. But I will be very, very angry if either Kendra or Jinger is either in labour or has just delivered a child and the family is forced to choose between two major life events because they couldn't choose a better date.

It's not as though your going to up and leave your sister in labour to attend your brothers wedding, especially if it involves travelling to and from Texas. God forbid either Kendra, Jinger or their babies have serious complications just to make things even harder.

There are likely other dates in the summer, but the date they allegedly picked is already pushing it lengthwise - their engagement period will be just under 17 weeks long, making it one of the longest engagements of the Duggar and Bates families. I think Michael Keilen is the only one with a longer engagement then that - I believe she was engaged to Brandon somewhere around 18 weeks. 

Theres likely some level of parental pressure at play too - possibly on both sides. It’s possible that they told them the wedding had to be after X date, but before Y date and they just went with the date they did because it was the one that worked best for most of the important guests and fit the timeline. Friday weddings can be a great compromise, but they can have the same issue that short engagements have - which is that some guests you want there may not be able to attend due to work or life events or etc. I think we saw that with Joy and Joe’s weddings, both of which were Friday weddings. JoStin and JoKen may have been ok with that because they seem to be pretty private people, but as far as I remember Josiah has always been one of the more outgoing Duggars. Maybe he and Lauren opted for a Saturday wedding because they wanted as many people as possible to be able to attend?

So, basically, I’m willing to cut them a little slack at the moment. There are so many reasons why people choose wedding dates and picking a date can be tough when you’re having a shorter engagement and need to juggle the needs of your really important guests. If they’re pressuring either couple to attend then that’s not cool at all and I’ll absolutely judge them for that, but so far we haven’t seen any indication of that.

Your probably right although part of me does wonder if JB picked it in hopes that Jinger or Kendra or both would go into labor during the wedding thinking of the ratings. A baby born during the wedding! Two babies born during the wedding. Or if he hoped to get around Jinger's plan of not wanting everyone around during the delivery. It could be other obligations. Or other dates just didn't work.

I do kind of hope it was more like this.

JB: How about May 18? Its on her birthday. It'll be special.

All Magazines:  Sorry everyone will be in the UK covering the wedding.

JB: Well surely not everyone.

All Magazines: Yes, everyone.

JB: But a Duggar is getting married!

All Magazines: Prince Harry is getting married! And to an American! 

JB: Okay fine how about a week later the 25.

All Magazines: We'll still be covering the Royal Wedding.   

JB: But it'll be over by then.

All Magazines: Yes, it'll be after the wedding. All of the pictures, the scoops, the food, who wore what, hats, everything, who wasn't invited. Plus its an American becoming a Princess.

JB getting angry: Okay the week after that.

All Magazines: Still covering the Royal wedding

JB: How about the week after that?! June 8th

All Magazines: No we'll still be covering a royal wedding for at least a month afterwards. 

JB now shouting: This is a DUGGAR wedding! DUGGAR!

All Magazines: Yes, but ROYAL wedding trumps everything. And American Princess. Plus we'll make our money for the magazine for the next 5 years from it. No one is going to care about Duggar wedding.  They'll still want to know everything about the ROYAL wedding. We'll give it to them.  

JB: I can't believe this. Who would rather watch a Royal wedding then a Duggar one?

All Magazines: Ah, everyone.

JB: Fine how about June 30?

All Magazines: The end of the month?

JB: Yes, and by then Jinger and Kendra will be due any time then. Think about it. A wedding plus a birth or two at the same time.

All Magazines: Okay.

JB: Yes.

All Magazines: Assuming of course that's not the same time the royal baby Christening. Or new pictures of Royal Newlywed. Their honeymoon pictures. All about the Newlyweds. Plus there are rumors about Prince Philip's health.  Princess Charlotte does something cute. Prince George does something cute.

JB screams. 

Man, maybe Jillybean should have worked harder at that midwife thing. With as many kids as they have, there is literally going to be an endless cycle of trying to schedule weddings around births, and multiple babies due at once. Jill and JD could have their own service flying very pregnant Duggars and other Fundies around to events, like a flying maternity ward. If only Jill was competent!

Aren't Josie and Mackynzie about the same age? It'll be a race to see if JimBob can get everyone married off before the grandkids start getting married. If everyone keeps popping out babies like he and Michelle did they may have to convert the TTH into a maternity hospital with an attached wedding chapel with video feeds so laboring moms can watch whatever wedding is going on. They already have a catering kitchen more than capable of cranking out the meager reception snacks.

So the wedding is 2 weeks after Kendra's due date and 3 weeks before Jinger's.  Jinger could make it to NWA if JD flies them up. If Jing is like her sisters she won't have the baby until her due date OR a week or two after.  But Kendra is a wild card if she's due on Father's day she could very likely deliver on June 30th.  Late May would have been idea but yeah I'm betting Boob delayed it because of the Royal wedding, in normal families the wedding would have been late may or mid August to accommodate Kendra and Jinger's due dates so they could comfortably attend the wedding. 

I went to a wedding 3 weeks post c section with my second this winter. Was breastfeeding so my breasts felt like they would explode between pumping sessions and the dress felt like a sausage casing. Definitely not ideal but at least it was winter. Sometimes you do what you have to if it’s close enough family.

i was just thinking how after Jinger there won’t be anybody pregnant...then remembered that Lauren will be pregnant by July 1.

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So the wedding is 2 weeks after Kendra's due date and 3 weeks before Jinger's.  Jinger could make it to NWA if JD flies them up. If Jing is like her sisters she won't have the baby until her due date OR a week or two after.  But Kendra is a wild card if she's due on Father's day she could very likely deliver on June 30th.  Late May would have been idea but yeah I'm betting Boob delayed it because of the Royal wedding, in normal families the wedding would have been late may or mid August to accommodate Kendra and Jinger's due dates so they could comfortably attend the wedding. 

Most babies are born within ten days of their due date. That means Kendra’s window for delivery is closer to June 7th through June 27th. Close to the wedding, but not so close that Joe at least wouldn’t be able to make it even if Kendra wasn’t up for it. Jinger is due on or around July 20th, putting her delivery window somewhere between July 10th and July 30th.

(This depends on if they deliver within the typical timeframe of course. I think it’s a fairly safe bet to assume the newest GrandDuggars will arrive between those dates though.)

If JinJer and Joken will miss the wedding ( if it's to be held in June ) couldn't blame them.

But I'm almost sure they will be there. 

But Jinger and Kendra, please don't let Jill  near while you are giving birth. Even the thought of Jill being there make me very anxious.

14 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I went to a wedding 3 weeks post c section with my second this winter. Was breastfeeding so my breasts felt like they would explode between pumping sessions and the dress felt like a sausage casing. Definitely not ideal but at least it was winter. Sometimes you do what you have to if it’s close enough family.

i was just thinking how after Jinger there won’t be anybody pregnant...then remembered that Lauren will be pregnant by July 1.

I was a bridesmaid 4 weeks post c/section with #2, that was fun, while I was unable to breastfeed, my 2nd c/section my stomach was floppy and my boobs seemed to deflate a bit. It was not a good time to be wearing a form fitting full length gown. 

9 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yall. June 30 is her ovulation date.

Or one week before ovulation time to assure maximum exposure :pray:

The date is just odd because you would assume Joseph is his best man, and he was close to Jinger. Way to inconvenience both of your (probably) favorite siblings. :pb_lol: 

OK, is it just me or does anyone else think that they look like a watered-down fundie version of Harry and Meghan?

On 5/4/2018 at 1:59 PM, BunnyBee said:

got this from KeepingUpWithFundies Tumblr 

SiRen Engagement pic 

tumblr_p85x3aak0T1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Spoiler

prince-harry-meghan-markle-engagement-05.thumb.jpg.e4540a8dc0c14e2d7eeff166a091f1fa.jpg

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

OK, is it just me or does anyone else think that they look like a watered-down fundie version of Harry and Meghan?

Hide contents

prince-harry-meghan-markle-engagement-05.thumb.jpg.e4540a8dc0c14e2d7eeff166a091f1fa.jpg

...I think it's just you. :pb_lol: But I think Carlin was taking style tips from Ms. Markle when she recently went to fundie prom (or whatever it was they got all dolled up for, I honestly have no idea):

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

If JinJer and Joken will miss the wedding ( if it's to be held in June ) couldn't blame them.

But I'm almost sure they will be there. 

But Jinger and Kendra, please don't let Jill  near while you are giving birth. Even the thought of Jill being there make me very anxious.

But but #bestmidwifeever!!!

I doubt any of them will miss this wedding. Like someone stated, Anna attended a wedding 2 days before she gave birth, I am sure Jinger will be there, since she's not due until later in July. As for Kendra, it's possible that she could miss if she is super late. 

Are we thinking that this wedding will be super ALERT-y, since Josiah seems to be the Duggar kid most involved in it? I foresee paramilitary jabronis rappelling from the ceiling again.

I recently checked their wedding registry.  All drab gray.  Don't these people know about pops of color or painting the homes rooms a cheerful color?

7 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Are we thinking that this wedding will be super ALERT-y, since Josiah seems to be the Duggar kid most involved in it? I foresee paramilitary jabronis rappelling from the ceiling again.

Believe it or not, I had not thought about that until now.

Who will pull the pranks for this wedding? Inquiring minds want to know. I hope there is a bit of light hearted fun. 

I guess pregnancy is such a normal state to be in for them, they discount too many accommodations for their pregnant guests (if, like Anna, they'd go to events 2 days before a due date). Of course pregnancy is a healthy norm and women are not delicate. But in planning for family events many of us might give more time around the due date (so 9 month pregnant women are not put in the position to choose between a sibling's wedding or their own comfort).

So because I'm bored I calculated roughly how much time Michelle has spent pregnant between Josh and Jubilee (last miscarried pregnancy). I did (9 mos. x 19 kids) + 6 mos. for Jubilee= 177 months or almost 15 years. She got pregnant with Josh in 1987 and Jubilee miscarried in 2011 so that's 24 yrs. 15/24=  62.5% of that time. At 51 that's 30% of her life!

I'm such a nerd.

Weird fact: I can't find a Wikipedia page for Michelle Duggar?! Only Jim Bob. 

One thing we can count on is at the end of the ceremony when Mr #bestgrifterever grabs Mrs #bestgrifterever from her partner gives her a sloppy pash and they run out of the church. 

2 hours ago, Godly grifting said:

One thing we can count on is at the end of the ceremony when Mr #bestgrifterever grabs Mrs #bestgrifterever from her partner gives her a sloppy pash and they run out of the church. 

He’s so gross. So incredibly tacky at someone elses wedding, leaves him looking like a dooshbag and the poor guy who was supposed to walk Jillymuffin back down the aisle wondering what the heck he should do!! 

If I was family, I’d purposely not include Jill in the wedding party to avoid such situations. 

Unfortunately, I see the wedding date as a lure to get Jinger to town. I hope Jeremy puts his foot down. 

And poor Kendra, days after giving birth and having to be at your best. 

Thankfully we won't see it because TLC has spared its viewers from the Dumb and Dumber. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived