IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

8 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I guess pregnancy is such a normal state to be in for them, they discount too many accommodations for their pregnant guests (if, like Anna, they'd go to events 2 days before a due date). Of course pregnancy is a healthy norm and women are not delicate. But in planning for family events many of us might give more time around the due date (so 9 month pregnant women are not put in the position to choose between a sibling's wedding or their own comfort).

Especially when having short engagements like the Duggars do. It's not like they didn't know that Kendra and Jinger were both pregnant and what the due dates are. 

Unfortunately our wedding ended up being about 2 weeks before my SIL's due date and they didn't come - but in our defence, everything was booked before she got pregnant, and they weren't likely to come to the wedding anyway. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on 19kac at Jessa’s (?) wedding there was some faux drama about Josh arriving in time. Michelle said that she was aware that in the future that not all the kids would be able to make it to everything because there would be too many lives to try to juggle around. Yes this could be a criticism of having 19 kids but I am trying to arrange a birthday dinner with only 6 in attendance and trying to find a date that works for all of us has not been easy. 

I hope Josiah and Lauren chose the date they wanted and hoped for the best in terms of who could be there.

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

but I am trying to arrange a birthday dinner with only 6 in attendance and trying to find a date that works for all of us has not been easy. 

Might I suggest using Doodle?  https://doodle.com/  

12 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I guess pregnancy is such a normal state to be in for them, they discount too many accommodations for their pregnant guests (if, like Anna, they'd go to events 2 days before a due date). Of course pregnancy is a healthy norm and women are not delicate. But in planning for family events many of us might give more time around the due date (so 9 month pregnant women are not put in the position to choose between a sibling's wedding or their own comfort).

So because I'm bored I calculated roughly how much time Michelle has spent pregnant between Josh and Jubilee (last miscarried pregnancy). I did (9 mos. x 19 kids) + 6 mos. for Jubilee= 177 months or almost 15 years. She got pregnant with Josh in 1987 and Jubilee miscarried in 2011 so that's 24 yrs. 15/24=  62.5% of that time. At 51 that's 30% of her life!

I'm such a nerd.

Weird fact: I can't find a Wikipedia page for Michelle Duggar?! Only Jim Bob. 

Except that she had 2 sets of twins, and Josie was premature too...

3 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Back on 19kac at Jessa’s (?) wedding there was some faux drama about Josh arriving in time.

I remember, and it seemed so contrived...drama (of course) and Josh the city-hopping professional.

I'll be surprised if Josiah and Lauren's wedding isn't thoroughly pranked up by JD, Bates boys, and Josiah's friends from ALERT.  I suspect he'll know about most of the pranks but they'll create a real surprise for them too.  Maybe drop something out of a plane. 

44 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I remember, and it seemed so contrived...drama (of course) and Josh the city-hopping professional.

I'll be surprised if Josiah and Lauren's wedding isn't thoroughly pranked up by JD, Bates boys, and Josiah's friends from ALERT.  I suspect he'll know about most of the pranks but they'll create a real surprise for them too.  Maybe drop something out of a plane. 

I'd like to think that JD is too old for pranks, but the whole group of howlers is just the right age- and they may try to one up their older brother...

14 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I'd like to think that JD is too old for pranks, but the whole group of howlers is just the right age- and they may try to one up their older brother...

I hope JD has outgrown pranks. Some of his were a little risky. Joe seems the most logical choice for best man. I hope Joe is able to provide all the support necessary to Kendra as she delivers without having to feel pulled in two directions. (Being best man so close to his wife's due date.) 

Re: the SiRen Engagement Photos

This is totally BEC, but I hate it when fundy gals (or anyone) wear maxi dresses so long that the hem is touching the floor--or grass.  Either wear heels with that dress, accessorize it with a big baby bump that will pull up the hem, or use your mad keeper-of-the-home-skillz to hem the damn thing up.

I can't imagine what kind of grossness happens when those hems touch public bathroom floors.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, PainfullyAware said:

Probably because JB was in the Arkansas House of Representatives at some point, whereas Michelle is only known for the show, which has its own page.

It really i s a little surreal with Siren to think they will be married before we have seen any of their courtship. I do get curious who will be next to marry. Do the younger twins have any personality or wit, or spark to them?  Have they younger twins announced any plans for the future? 

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

It really i s a little surreal with Siren to think they will be married before we have seen any of their courtship. I do get curious who will be next to marry. Do the younger twins have any personality or wit, or spark to them?  Have they younger twins announced any plans for the future? 

I think Jed has a fun personality (for a Duggar) from what I’ve seen on the show. Jer just kinda sits there and nods while Jed talks. 

I think they’re working for JB like the rest of the brothers. My guess is that will continue. 

On 5/9/2018 at 9:45 PM, viii said:

I would be so pissed if my wedding was interrupted with stupid pranks. 

My wedding would become a Dothraki wedding. 

Seriously, weddings are almost like film or theatrical productions. Fucking with something that someone spent months and thousands of dollars planning (even if it's thousands of dollars of mommy and daddy's money) is so fucking rude and inconsiderate. If it's something cute and not completely obtrusive to the flow of the ceremony (and something you got the OK to do) like "lol bringing the rings in on a little drone as a fun surprise that I got the groom/bride's OK to do" or "lol we snuck some mildly/humorously embarrassing/awkward childhood photos into the slideshow", that's one thing. But "lol I forgot the rings whoops ain't I a card" and "lololol let's destroy a car you're going to have to spend the next several hours in this is so hilarious" is just shitty. 

After all the pranks Josiah pulled on his siblings, I’d be surprised it he didn’t get some of it back on his wedding day. And he’ll probably genuinely like it. 

On 09/05/2018 at 5:23 AM, PainfullyAware said:

Can't believe Wikipedia wouldn't let them have a combined JimBobMichelle RuarkDuggar entry! This society constantly overlooks couples' accountability.

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My wedding would become a Dothraki wedding. 

Seriously, weddings are almost like film or theatrical productions. Fucking with something that someone spent months and thousands of dollars planning (even if it's thousands of dollars of mommy and daddy's money) is so fucking rude and inconsiderate. If it's something cute and not completely obtrusive to the flow of the ceremony (and something you got the OK to do) like "lol bringing the rings in on a little drone as a fun surprise that I got the groom/bride's OK to do" or "lol we snuck some mildly/humorously embarrassing/awkward childhood photos into the slideshow", that's one thing. But "lol I forgot the rings whoops ain't I a card" and "lololol let's destroy a car you're going to have to spend the next several hours in this is so hilarious" is just shitty. 

There was a super cute one going around on Facebook where they 'forgot' the rings, and surprised the bride and groom by making a video of their dog doing a mission impossible style journey across the city to bring the rings to the church. It was super sweet.  The best man was like "oh crap" and pulls out his phone, and a screen drops down and shows this dog 'answering' the phone, taking a shower, leaving, remembering halfway there to go back and grab his tux, and heading to the church.  Then the dog in a tux comes down the aisle with the rings. 

I always thought that prank JD and co played on Erin and Chad during their wedding - putting mothballs was it in their car? - was really mean. I'd be pissed if anyone pulled pranks on me at my wedding.

I'm not entirely convinced that John David WASN'T trying to end Josh's life by fucking with his car's brakes.

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Yes! It's fine if the Duggars, or anyone else, isn't personally into elaborate weddings, but that doesn't change the fact that some people do have elaborate weddings that they put incredible amounts of time, energy, money, and feelings into. And they might not happen to share the pranker's sense of humor. It's so freaking self-absorbed and inconsiderate to unilaterally decide to alter an incredibly important day for two people, even costs aside. 

I said before it is still a little early for sibs to start missing big events like weddings.  Kendra doesn't have to go far for Sirens wedding I'm fairly certain she won't be a bridesmaid and Jing may not be either as she'll be traveling too far and may not be up for that being 2 weeks from her due date, I think she will do everything to make the wedding she's fairly close to Si, but even flying private is going to be hard on her with this being her 1st pregnancy, yeah Anna did with just weeks/days but she's a little more resilient than Jinger. I mean Jinger seems more prissy/delicate and less likely to shit out a baby on a toilet and get up 2 hours later and cook dinner for the family. I can see her being more "i can't I'm pregnant" and Jeremy wanting her too.  I'm not saying Jinger would be wrong,  I was more like this, I can't travel 7 hours by car to my grandmothers funeral when I'm 9 weeks pregnant because I'm sick as a dog, I have  2 year old who gets car sick and won't sit through a 2 hours full catholic funeral mass.  Of course i didn't rally know my grandmother she was 7 hours away an was a stern German ice queen.

32 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It's so freaking self-absorbed and inconsiderate to unilaterally decide to alter an incredibly important day for two people, even costs aside.

On our wedding day, two of Mr. No's groomsmen decided to they were going to do some pranks.   They both were dumb (or drunk) enough to state they would do it ahead of time.  They started by tailing Mr. No to the wedding.   Once at the church, they were met with a family member who told them on no uncertain terms there were to be no pranks.    Rest of wedding day went off without a hitch but let's just say Mr. No was super pissed at these two and he dumped both of them as friends.  As in immediately.

At my cousin's wedding, two drunk groomsmen decided to "kidnap" the bride, my cousin and take her for a ride.  Groom was super pissed, knowing the two were not driving sober and it was not a pleasant scene when they came back.

Pranks should only happen if the bride and groom are ok with it ahead of time.   But otherwise, it's inconsiderate as stated above, not to mention disruptive and upsetting. 

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

Rest of wedding day went off without a hitch but let's just say Mr. No was super pissed at these two and he dumped both of them as friends.  As in immediately.

Damn, that seems super cold and drastic, unless there had been plenty of instances before this, and this was the final straw. 

Did Kendra have any of the sisters as her bridesmaids? I can't remember. I wonder if Lauren will feel pressured to.

When we got married,Mr Melon was so nervous...he did not lock the car.....it was trashed,complete with shaving cream,and sardines in the engine(thankfully,he saw them).Mr Melon was not amused at all,he was pissed.

Is pranking a wedding more of a southern thing? I don't remember hearing about it growing up in Ohio, outside of decorating the married couple's car with streamers/cans/old shoes. I was in my mid twenties when my cousin got married in Tennessee to a guy from a more rural part of Tennessee and his friends/groomsmen fastened a road killed possum to the back of the limo.

On 5/9/2018 at 3:21 AM, Godly grifting said:

One thing we can count on is at the end of the ceremony when Mr #bestgrifterever grabs Mrs #bestgrifterever from her partner gives her a sloppy pash and they run out of the church. 

At least it won't be shown on TV! Yay for that.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived