IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

37 minutes ago, viii said:

Damn, that seems super cold and drastic, unless there had been plenty of instances before this, and this was the final straw. 

To clarify, when I used the word "immediately" I was meaning right after the wedding.   He didn't do it right then and there but it is safe to say he determined in his mind at that point he was done with them.   

And there were instances before this and while Mr. No was willing to overlook a lot, it got particularly bad in the months leading up to the wedding.   One of the guys was recently divorced and while Mr. No understood some of the bitterness this guy had, for him to go and rain on his own parade like this was indeed the last straw for him. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, melon said:

When we got married,Mr Melon was so nervous...he did not lock the car.....it was trashed,complete with shaving cream,and sardines in the engine(thankfully,he saw them).Mr Melon was not amused at all,he was pissed.

WOW! That is beyond unacceptable. I'd be pretty upset too. I've never really heard of pranks being pulled at weddings, at least none that I've attended. 

7 hours ago, viii said:

Damn, that seems super cold and drastic, unless there had been plenty of instances before this, and this was the final straw. 

Did Kendra have any of the sisters as her bridesmaids? I can't remember. I wonder if Lauren will feel pressured to.

Kendra had Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, Johanna & I think Anna.  I'm guessing Lauren will have most of the sisters as well, at least Jana, Jill Jessa & Joy, I'm not sure about jinger & Kendra because of their due dates. Maybe Anna maybe not depending on how many sisters & friends she has. 

9 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Is pranking a wedding more of a southern thing? I don't remember hearing about it growing up in Ohio, outside of decorating the married couple's car with streamers/cans/old shoes. I was in my mid twenties when my cousin got married in Tennessee to a guy from a more rural part of Tennessee and his friends/groomsmen fastened a road killed possum to the back of the limo.

I'm from Michigan and my favorite wedding prank was at my best friend's wedding. The best man stood up to give his speech and was teasing the groom about how he couldn't manage to take care of himself (like the time he turned his good work shirts pink in the laundry and the time he set off the smoke detector and sprinkler system trying to cook dinner, etc). The best man concluded that it was a good thing the bride loved the groom because she had to take care of him for the rest of their lives. And well...since she was taking over, all of his exes were off the hook and maybe it was time for them to give their keys (to his house) back. And up came this parade of women, putting a pile of keys on the head table. It started off with a couple of ex-girlfriends but then the best man's mother came up, and the groom's aunt, and a teacher from high school. It was a big wedding and they had about 30 women come up to give the groom his keys. The last one was the groom's grandmother who came up with her walker, took the microphone from the best man and told the groom she was never, ever doing his laundry again and if he messed this up she'd beat him with the walker. It was really funny but also really sweet.

I keep hoping at least one Duggar wedding will have a Bridal Party of 10 or fewer. I hope Lauren chooses her own Bridesmaids and doesn’t feel obligated to select all of Josiah’s sisters. I also hope Josiah has a few friends as his Groomsmen. Please, no Josh! 

Siblings I think will be included: Joseph, Jeremiah, Jedediah, Joy and maybe Johanna. Lauren has tons of siblings, too, so I imagine several of them will make the cut. Can a fundie say no if asked to be in a Bridal Party? If I were Jessa, I’d prefer to sit with Ben and the kids and choose my own dress for the occasion. Kendra will be dealing with a breast feeding newborn, and Jinger will be very pregnant. 

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

I'm from Michigan and my favorite wedding prank was at my best friend's wedding. The best man stood up to give his speech and was teasing the groom about how he couldn't manage to take care of himself (like the time he turned his good work shirts pink in the laundry and the time he set off the smoke detector and sprinkler system trying to cook dinner, etc). The best man concluded that it was a good thing the bride loved the groom because she had to take care of him for the rest of their lives. And well...since she was taking over, all of his exes were off the hook and maybe it was time for them to give their keys (to his house) back. And up came this parade of women, putting a pile of keys on the head table. It started off with a couple of ex-girlfriends but then the best man's mother came up, and the groom's aunt, and a teacher from high school. It was a big wedding and they had about 30 women come up to give the groom his keys. The last one was the groom's grandmother who came up with her walker, took the microphone from the best man and told the groom she was never, ever doing his laundry again and if he messed this up she'd beat him with the walker. It was really funny but also really sweet.

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever heard!!! That is TOTALLY up my alley!!!! I would have been on the floor laughing (and probably peeing myself a little lol) 

2 hours ago, Markie said:

I keep hoping at least one Duggar wedding will have a Bridal Party of 10 or fewer. I hope Lauren chooses her own Bridesmaids and doesn’t feel obligated to select all of Josiah’s sisters. I also hope Josiah has a few friends as his Groomsmen. Please, no Josh! 

Siblings I think will be included: Joseph, Jeremiah, Jedediah, Joy and maybe Johanna. Lauren has tons of siblings, too, so I imagine several of them will make the cut. Can a fundie say no if asked to be in a Bridal Party? If I were Jessa, I’d prefer to sit with Ben and the kids and choose my own dress for the occasion. Kendra will be dealing with a breast feeding newborn, and Jinger will be very pregnant. 

I think Jill and Derick had six attendants each, for a combined total of twelve groomsmen and bridesmaids. That isn’t so big when you consider how huge some of the wedding parties can be. 

I would honestly be surprised if Siah doesn’t include Josh. He said at one point that he admired Josh and wanted to be like him. Granted, that was before the scandals broke bad feelings may have changed over the cheating scandal... but I’d be surprised if Josh isn’t included somehow.

Add me to the train of people waiting for a smaller wedding party - or at least less siblings and more friends (makes it more fun to speculate on who's who xD).

I think Jill got away with it bc she got married at a time where only half the girls were old enough (plus Johannah as a little jr bridesmaid lol) and the other little girls were all flower-girls. Derick had his brother, John, Joe and 3 friends I guess (wonder if those friends still talk to him....lol). Notice how each of the male in-laws have only chosen a few of the brothers to include (maybe bc most of the husbands have all been "outsiders" with "other" friends thus far?) while Anna and Kendra included *all* the sisters in their massive wedding parties. I hope Lauren gets to pick - she does have a lot of siblings but keep in mind that only maybe 2-3 of them are "wedding party" age. 

Perhaps Josiah could honour Josh by including some of the Ms as flower girls and page boys. Maybe they could take their inspiration from the Royals and have only littles with one Best Man and Maid of Honour.

On a side note, I wonder which Fundies, of any will watch Harry and Meghan’s wedding next week? 

Sorry this one doesn't have a happy ending, but there were some funny aspects to it. The former Mr. P proposed at a park near my childhood home. He had planned a big fancy event, but the diamond cost more than he expected so all the money went to that. It was a modest stone, but neither of us had an extra cent at the time. 

Well and good. He got down on one knee and asked, "Will you be my wife?" I was annoyed because I was thinking, "That is not how you say it, you ask if I want to marry you!" Then I mentally shrugged and decided it was the salient question after all. I said yes, looked up and realized we were not only at the jungle gym playground but right next to the public bathrooms. I recall thinking, "I hope this isn't a bad sign." It was. The moment we got home from the honeymoon his narcissistic behavior began.  

I didn't see this anywhere else on the thread. I hope I am not repeating it, but for those interested here is Siren's registry on The Knot. I think that is okay since it is a public record. Duggar/Swanson Wedding Registry

Rest assured they won't be getting anything from me! 

Lauren is going with a gray and white color scheme for the whole house. Living in an area that has many gray days weather wise, I cannot imagine decorating my house in such a depressing color, but to each their own. She is also on board with the stainless steel look appliances. 

I wonder if she will get that Vitamix blender or the Cuisinart ice cream maker?  

On 5/11/2018 at 2:12 PM, Audrey2 said:

Is pranking a wedding more of a southern thing? I don't remember hearing about it growing up in Ohio, outside of decorating the married couple's car with streamers/cans/old shoes. 

My parents got married in the late 1950s in southern California. My mom told me that my dad had his brother hide the car they were leaving in, to keep it safe from pranks. She never mentioned what type of pranks exactly they were concerned about, but it sounded like more than simple decorating.

My sister left her 1980s wedding in her FIL's red vintage MG convertible, and we had very specific instructions about what could be done to the car without damaging it. Being sensible, responsible people, we kept it safe and classy.

My husband and I left our wedding in a rented 1920s touring Model T with a driver, so we didn't have any chance of pranking.

I think it may have to do with each couple's social group and their habits than with where they live, but I can't really be sure.

My mom's brother was a cop he arrested my dad on their wedding day. There's pictures of my dad outside the church in hand cuffs.  Standing. Sitting. And smoking the cigarette he was offered. 

On 5/11/2018 at 4:12 PM, Audrey2 said:

Is pranking a wedding more of a southern thing? I don't remember hearing about it growing up in Ohio, outside of decorating the married couple's car with streamers/cans/old shoes. I was in my mid twenties when my cousin got married in Tennessee to a guy from a more rural part of Tennessee and his friends/groomsmen fastened a road killed possum to the back of the limo.

I haven’t either. I’ve heard of decorating the car, but not doing anything to be funny...

On 5/12/2018 at 2:07 AM, Bethella said:

Now, if someone tried to do that at my (hypothetical) wedding I'd be furious.  I'd find it disrespectful to both me and to the groom. Teasing the groom about his laundry is one thing, but the parade of keys... nope. I've seen wedding pranks permanently ruin the paint job on an expensive car, and I've seen wedding speeches go wrong and humiliate the groom in front of his whole family. I have a sense of humour, but I also think that pranks should be saved for the bachelor/bachelorette parties, with a small group of close friends and not where you're causing maximum embarrassment in front of both families and all their friends.

My parents knew their friends were going to prank their car, so they arranged with my grandfather to switch vehicles; their friends all stood by dismayed as they ran past the decorated car to an undecorated one where their suitcases had actually been stowed, and my parents drove off triumphant -- and their friends had to clean up the messthey'd made with my grandfather standing right there cracking the whip, because he wasn't planning to drive around in a "just married" car while my parents honeymooned. That's the type of humour I appreciate. 

Unfortunately, I do see Josh being a groomsman. It helps the narrative of "we have have forgiven and moved on." This is my 2nd time posting that I expect Josh to be back on "fundie tour of redemption" sometime in the near future. 

Grey is super popular right now, and it's actually not bad because it's easier to switch out accent colours. You could do grey/purple, and then switch for navy, and then switch to coral. Lots of options. 

It'll be interesting to see as the weddings progress how the wedding parties progress because I assume that eventually the older girls won't be included and it will be the younger siblings. 

Here in the Netherlands I heard of lot cases of pranking the house of the newlyweds. For instance: put hundreds of cups with water on the stairs or fill the whole bedroom with balloons. Meaning that, after a long day, the couple first has to clean everything up before they can get to bed.

Thank God, this does not happen in my inner circle so I am not worried if I ever get married. Otherwise I would make sure no-one has my keys (which is luckly the case, except for our cleaninglady).

I also heard about a couple that got their toilet-door removed, brought to the wedding, was drawn on and signed by all of the guest in secret and brought back to the house before they arrived. This I like a little bit more but I would still keep my keys away from other people.

Pranks at a wedding. Thankfully, we had none.

I'd threatened Mr. Four that if he so much as got a speck of wedding cake outside my mouth, the divorce was ON. He fed me cake very sedately.

Mr. Four is of Polish descent, and it is apparently common at his family weddings to take off the bride's headdress and replace it with a babushka... I think that's what it's called.... a triangular scarf that the old women wear... My hat stayed firmly on my head.

They also bedeck the bride and groom with hideous little necklaces of naked baby dolls.. for fertility. Since I had endometriosis and had no chance of ever conceiving a child to begin with, I was NOT going to be reminded of that on my wedding day. That didn't happen, either.

His best friend got smashed and tried to make some comments, but his girlfriend shut him up promptly.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:26 AM, viii said:

Grey is super popular right now, and it's actually not bad because it's easier to switch out accent colours. You could do grey/purple, and then switch for navy, and then switch to coral. Lots of options. 

It'll be interesting to see as the weddings progress how the wedding parties progress because I assume that eventually the older girls won't be included and it will be the younger siblings. 

I've been thinking it's nearly due for gray to fade in popularity as it's been hot for nearly 10 years now and that seems to be about the cycle.  Our house is still decorated in the previous 'hot' colors of gold/beige walls with cherry and light green accents.  My walls need repainting and I'm kind of holding out to see what happens after gray.   We just did a powder room in a very deep blue but I don't want to use that for everything.

Pranks at weddings have grown out of the very old custom of chivarees (or shivaree, depending on locale.) And those, of course, grew out if the custom of bedding the bride and groom....and checking the sheets the next day, which was a medieval custom. I am a repository for odd and unusual facts.

We have been married 12yrs, we had the outside of our house decorated. 

Friend got married a year ago, we went to their house where they had a babysitter for their son. We short sheeted their bed, pulled all the labels of the tinned food in the pantry, toilet papered the trees and cars outside, and set jelly in their bathroom sink! He is the biggest prankster so really appreciated the effort lol. We (hubby, and another couple) taxied from the wedding venue to the house and back again without being noticed. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived