IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

I think the only wedding-related prank I've ever done was help throw a surprise bachelorette party for a coworker (we told her there was a super late conference call with someone in Tokyo so she'd make time in her calendar and stay late, and then we took her out for dinner and then clubbing and karaoke), and on the day before she was due to leave for her destination wedding, we decorated her cubicle before she got into the office. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think the only wedding-related prank I've ever done was help throw a surprise bachelorette party for a coworker (we told her there was a super late conference call with someone in Tokyo so she'd make time in her calendar and stay late, and then we took her out for dinner and then clubbing and karaoke), and on the day before she was due to leave for her destination wedding, we decorated her cubicle before she got into the office. 

That almost made me cry, it's beautiful. I'm scared to go to work every day.

Given Josiah's spirit, I feel especially sad he was raised fundie. With his personality, I could have seen him being a theater geek in a heartbeat. There are theater and film programs at various Christian colleges. I mean seriously, the Duggars claim to believe television and film can be a medium of ministry. Why not "gift" one of their own to these industries. Jim Bob and Michelle, you suck. 

When my aunt and uncle got married, my cousins went to their house during pictures and put heart-shapes confetti in every nook they could think of. While the rate of discovery rapidly decreased the first few YEARS, we just found confetti wedged between Christmas dishes 15 years later! (One of he best places confetti was put was on top of fan blades. Fun and easily vacuumed!)

Confetti on top of fan blades. I'm trying to figure out if Steve Maxwell would have a small, medium, or large aneurysm at the very thought of it.

It's the reaction Steve would have standing in the rain cloud of confetti I'd like to see. 

Spoiler

confetti.gif.cc4b72e5c05ffd55221fce958fa740f7.gif

A lot of people are speculating that the wedding may be this weekend. Apparently some of the usual suspects have gone quiet on social media. Meanwhile, Krista Gay is travelling back to Arkansas. And the Duggar fam and Josiah are suddenly posting 'nostalgic' (if it can be nostalgic when it was like two seconds ago) photos from Josiah and Lauren's courtship. When asked in the comments if the wedding was 'tomorrow' (AKA today) Josiah said, "I wish!" So it could be on Saturday.

It would make so much more sense if it really were this weekend... so I'm going to go ahead and predict that it really will be on June 30th. If there's one thing the Duggars hate, it's making sense.

According to Josiah's instagram, today is Lauren's birthday. She's the best gift HE'S ever been given. Sorry, Lauren, even on your birthday it's important for the world to know that you're still someone's commodity. :pb_neutral:

Josiah posted this re-enactment of Joe’s booty pic today on his instastory lol

I don’t understand why they think this is a good pose! It’s just weird to me

13DF3E09-4D35-4EA1-9A5D-1D2D0B013C1E.png

2C3736D2-02A8-47B0-AE95-D8B51674C038.jpeg.b136f04519a3dae6fb22a583c7b65042.jpeg

Btw...Joe’s ass wins this round 

#sorrynotsorry #offtotheprayerclosetnow

21 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Sorry, I have to disagree. Don’t know if it is the jeans or if his ass has a weird upward shape but I would rather look at Josiah‘s. 

On a second look I am sure it is the placement of the pockets that make the difference.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Spoiler

I would think that the wedding wouldn't be today, its Lauren's birthday. I wouldn't want my anniversary and birthday to be the same day, that would suck. After she starts pushing out the babies there are so few days about you. 

48 minutes ago, iheartjnames said:

I would think that the wedding wouldn't be today, its Lauren's birthday. I wouldn't want my anniversary and birthday to be the same day, that would suck. After she starts pushing out the babies there are so few days about you. 

I believe Lauren’s birthday was yesterday.

@VBOY9977, darn you! I seriously just spent a minute scrolling up and down comparing butts!

(BTW: Totally Josiah winning that competition. Though it may be the pants and lighting.)

10 hours ago, iheartjnames said:

One day apart would be ok.  Some friends of mine got married one day before his (40th) birthday.  They just celebrated their 50th anniversary and his 90th birthday!  I want to be them when I grow up. :bigheart:

Teri Maxwell got married on her 19th birthday. (I think it was 19). 

I wouldn’t want my wedding to be on my birthday either. A proposal on my birthday would be cheesy/not hugely original, but I wouldn’t mind. 

I wouldn't have cared if I had gotten married on my birthday, I didn't mind sharing that day with my dh. However I would have been up set had I had to share my anniversary with my kids birthday. I would share my brithday  with a kids birthday, no big deal to me, but I don't want to share my anniversary with anyone by myself & my dh

I would definitely not want to get married on my birthday. What if I got divorced? Then my birthday would always remind me of that. Also I agree that having more special days is better. 

I've been checking out Duggar butts for years now... glad to know I'm not the only one analysing those pics. :my_angel:

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wouldn't have cared if I had gotten married on my birthday, I didn't mind sharing that day with my dh. However I would have been up set had I had to share my anniversary with my kids birthday. I would share my brithday  with a kids birthday, no big deal to me, but I don't want to share my anniversary with anyone by myself & my dh

I'm the same. I thought I was weird. Currently set to birth kid #2 ten days after our anniversary which to me is a good enough gap. Just have my fingers crossed that she doesn't decide to show up early!

I wonder if Lauren will purchase a Renee dress or do something a little different. I love Renee's work, but would like to see a different style/vendor.

I wonder whether the wedding is still on? The past few months (actually the whole time span between the engagement and now) it was very quiet. I'm beginning to wonder whether Josiah was left again by a girlfriend/fiancée?

Question: Once in a courtship/engaged, are males in the cult allowed to break it off or just the girls?

As a twin I've been in the camp of having separate dates for anything just because if I have to share something with my partner then it better be away from my birthday. When it turned out my brother was going to take more than 4 years to graduate college I realized graduation was the only thing I was going to have to myself to celebrate since everything else would have to be shared (ie: getting married).

@eveandadam That's an interesting question because among the Bates/Duggars it seems like its always been the women at least on the outside since we obviously don't know what was going on behind closed doors re-broken up courtships. I guess I would feel the same about them with engagements but for Josiah's sake I would hope it wouldn't!

24 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I wonder whether the wedding is still on? The past few months (actually the whole time span between the engagement and now) it was very quiet. I'm beginning to wonder whether Josiah was left again by a girlfriend/fiancée?

Question: Once in a courtship/engaged, are males in the cult allowed to break it off or just the girls?

Josiah was just posting a bunch of mushy stuff about Lauren on her birthday, so I'm sure it's still on! I think people just find them boring, so stuff about them doesn't get shared here as much.

Fundie males are allowed to break off courtships. I think people may have got this idea from old 19th century customs where only the woman could break off an engagement, and if a man broke off an engagement it was considered scandalous. AFAIK this doesn't apply to fundies. There have been fundie guys who have broken off engagements or courtships (I think Christopher Maxwell broke off his first engagement iirc). I think a fundie male would be expected to break off a courtship if he realized there was something objectionable about the woman and/or God 'told' him that she wasn't the one after all.

I had a dream last night (Rufus please stop this from happening!) that Josh was Josiah's best man at the wedding.

I don't actually think this will happen, but geez, what a way to wake up.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived