IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 2

Coconut Flan

I really hope Mitchell and Bryn don't feel bad, because they haven't announced a pregnancy yet. Hopefully they see this season as a gift from above to get to know each other and enjoy  the newlywed bliss.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/17/2018 at 1:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison is starting a new series. Feminine Friday! 

“I thought maybe you girls would enjoy a little series all about beauty/modesty/classiness!!!

I’m calling it “Feminine Friday” because, really as women femininity should be our goal as we seek to honor Christ with every part of our wardrobe. He created us, and our bodies are not our own.”

^^^^BARF. You can say that again. Fundies have proven time and time again that they don’t believe women’s bodies are their own. 

You'd think the concept of free will would, you know, suggest that your body is your own. The bible says God gave you free will. Or do fundies not believe that.

7 minutes ago, artdecades said:

You'd think the concept of free will would, you know, suggest that your body is your own. The bible says God gave you free will. Or do fundies not believe that.

God gives you free will but expects you not to use it. 

Fundie logic. 

This annoys me to no end. Joshua (the 21 year old) is positive you won’t regret taking his advice. Chelsy does the same exact thing. She promises you won’t regret waiting until your wedding day for your first kiss. It’s so crazy how the Bontragers expect everyone to feel the same way they do.

And Joshua you are absolutely wrong. You can spend too much time with your siblings. To think you can’t is asinine. You can also spend too much time with your parents and your spouse. He’s so sure about everything it’s crazy. I really wish that scam had knocked him down a peg or two. 

912244EF-88FB-49F2-B707-D0FB55DB6258.jpeg

Uh, are married Bontragers not allowed to spend time with their unmarried siblings? He is writing like he is on his death bed talking about his regrets. Newsflash, you are 21 and can still spend time with your family and cultivate those relationships. There isn't anything stopping you.

5 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Uh, are married Bontragers not allowed to spend time with their unmarried siblings? He is writing like he is on his death bed talking about his regrets. Newsflash, you are 21 and can still spend time with your family and cultivate those relationships. There isn't anything stopping you.

Yes. I've thought the same thing. I guess when fundies leave and cleave they do this with a machete.  

20 hours ago, artdecades said:

Right? And he even lives super close to them. It's not like he moved to another continent and now wishes he'd spent more time with his siblings before he left.

Hey, Josh? Why don't you take all of the time you now spend harassing strangers about Jesus and lecturing everyone about how superior your lifestyle is, and spend it to hang out with your siblings instead? :)

7 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Right? And he even lives super close to them. It's not like he moved to another continent and now wishes he'd spent more time with his siblings before he left.

Hey, Josh? Why don't you take all of the time you now spend harassing strangers about Jesus and lecturing everyone about how superior your lifestyle is, and spend it to hang out with your siblings instead? :)

And he traveled with most of them up until his wife was 9 months pregnant! 

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Agreed--what a strange post considering Joshua is a new daddy with a wife still recovering from childbirth. He needs to be busy taking care of and supporting his new little family.  Maybe his ego can't fathom his siblings actually doing OK without his brotherly admonishments.  Maybe he's having a harder time adjusting to being a husband and father than he lets on and  would like to revert back to a more familiar role.  I think he got married way too young.

15 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Agreed--what a strange post considering Joshua is a new daddy with a wife still recovering from childbirth. He needs to be busy taking care of and supporting his new little family.  Maybe his ego can't fathom his siblings actually doing OK without his brotherly admonishments.  Maybe he's having a harder time adjusting to being a husband and father than he lets on and  would like to revert back to a more familiar role.  I think he got married way too young.

Same. I think he saw his older brother getting serious with his girlfriend’s older sister and felt pressure to do the same. 

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

I think he got married way too young.

I think so too. He seems like a kid who's in wayyyyy over his head. He was plunged straight into marriage and fatherhood before he even started taking his own baby steps into adulthood, or so it seems. 

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think so too. He seems like a kid who's in wayyyyy over his head. He was plunged straight into marriage and fatherhood before he even started taking his own baby steps into adulthood, or so it seems. 

I’m just hoping they don’t have another baby soon. 

9 hours ago, petrushka said:

I think he got married way too young.

I agree with you and now he is somewhat stuck in his new life. Maybe he really struggles to adapt, but since he is a guy he could never really admit that, because he is supposed to be the strong manly man leader. In the end patriarchy just fucks everybody.

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just hoping they don’t have another baby soon. 

Wishful thinking probably, but I'm hoping the same. The only question is probably how close the next babies between Carolina and Carson/Cassidy and Joshua will be.

Joshua’s latest blog post links a Michael pearl book as recommended reading on how to be a good husband. 

:my_sick:

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joshua’s latest blog post links a Michael pearl book as recommended reading on how to be a good husband. 

:my_sick:

Joshua is the walking illustration of someone who doesn't know what he doesn't know, and I expect a crash sometime in the next ten years or so...the later the crash, the worse it will be.

4 hours ago, VVV said:

Joshua is the walking illustration of someone who doesn't know what he doesn't know, and I expect a crash sometime in the next ten years or so...the later the crash, the worse it will be.

And this crash will hurt badly and not only affect him, but also his wife and the bunch of kids they'll probably have then. That is what really scares me. 

Gee Becky, this is such great advice! Please tell me how you do this! I know you won’t because you and many other fundies hit your children into obedience. And you are too smart to put that on your blog. You know what kind of feedback you’ll receive. And it won’t be pretty. 

4A9582E7-CFEC-4522-9F41-F7AD6866D339.jpeg

That little baby's face looking up to his father filled with trust... when he's likely to get hit with the plumbing line in a matter of months. Heartbreaking. 

37 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

That little baby's face looking up to his father filled with trust... when he's likely to get hit with the plumbing line in a matter of months. Heartbreaking. 

I think that is Jubilee’s uncle Denver. But yeah I’m sure they will spank just like they were spanked. They seem to be happy to recommend Pearl books...

Becky's posts always gives me the feeling that her kids really had a hard childhood. Most fundies probably had a tough time growing up, but in her words this really shows. I can't really put my finger on it, but I feel like she really meant business when disobedience occurred. I wonder how much of the everlasting "love your siblings" crap that comes from the Bonts kids was heavily beat into them. 

Don't forget this is the same woman who doesn't allow snacks at all throughout the day...even for small children.  They also are not allowed to read Berenstain Bears books because of how Papa Bear is "portrayed".

I think I’ve heard other large fundie families having a no snacks rule. I kind of understand it. My kids eat all day long and I find it incredibly annoying. If I hade 10 kids I would probably also have a no snacks rule. That’s what sucks about having way too many kids. You have to make a bunch of crappy rules in order for your home life to work. I don’t want to force a bunch of shitty rules on my kids so I stopped at 2. If you allow snacks all day long, there would always be someone eating and making a mess in the kitchen all day long. So if you keep all the cooking and eating to meal times (and possibly a designated snack time), it makes life much easier I imagine. 

I am a snacker. I would have failed in this type of family. I knew a family growing up that had nine kids. Whenever the kids would come to our house they would eat all of our apples. Their family got one bag a week and once it was gone that was it. I think the duggars kids talked about sneaking food because there wasn’t enough. The Bontragers at least had a farm to help them.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived