IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 2

Coconut Flan

Random thought,  but every time I get a notification of a new comment for this thread Weird Al's Amish Paradise plays in my head.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Josh sounds like a dick. All this MY SON IS A FREEDOM FIGHTER crap... LOL shut up, dumbass. He makes the Duggars look sane.

Josh appears to think that he's the first person ever to have sired a son. But then again, this is the first kid. By the time he gets to the 12th or 13th kid, they'll be reduced to a one-sentence mention in a completely random post, and it'll be the older brothers and sisters quoting scripture in the kid's ear.

There's a video introducing baby Wallace up on Josh's blog, he's still pushing that his infant is a "freedom fighter". :pb_rollseyes:

On 7/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, pandora said:

There's a video introducing baby Wallace up on Josh's blog, he's still pushing that his infant is a "freedom fighter". :pb_rollseyes:

I really, really hope that this "freedom fighter" BS comes back to bite Josh in the ass... as in Wallace really does fight for his freedom and flees the family farm. 

That video was quite... something. I got secondhand embarrassment watching it. Cassidy looked a bit bothered by Joshua's questions, and was giggling nervously. Joshua was clearly ecstatic about his man child, which is understandable for a fresh father, but I fail to see the point of this video. And yes, Cass, surely your week old infant is smiling widely when he sees his dad coming home. Next week they'll be playing with toy tractors together.

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

That video was quite... something. I got secondhand embarrassment watching it. Cassidy looked a bit bothered by Joshua's questions, and was giggling nervously. Joshua was clearly ecstatic about his man child, which is understandable for a fresh father, but I fail to see the point of this video. And yes, Cass, surely your week old infant is smiling widely when he sees his dad coming home. Next week they'll be playing with toy tractors together.

I wanted to scream, "It's GAS. Relax. You have another six weeks or so before you get a real smile!"

Josh is definitely a performer, that's for sure. I don't think I've ever seen such mugging for the camera. I, too, was embarrassed for Cassidy. She looked pained.

Sexism in Bontrager family is (even) worse than in other fundie families we discuss here. I feel uncomfortable with some of their posts. Are they living in 1800 or what?

Chelsy talks often about she and John being a team. Maybe John is slightly less sexist than Bontragers and Chelsy likes that. She does not appear to be submissive or just John's maid. I'm not saying they are an equal couple at all, but considering Bontragers sexism level, John may have been an (little) improvement for Chelsy.

*I know Maxwells, Duggars, Bates etc beliefs, but at the same time, I see some young couples living healthy relationships (at least, they seem to). I hope Chelsy and John, despite their fundiness, would manage to be happier than some of their relatives.

I guess it’s good these people are crazy about gendering their children immediately. Otherwise I doubt I could tell them apart. They look like fraternal twins to me. 

0A7BA990-8968-4CC4-811F-3AA9B552B741.jpeg

Cass and Lina will be pregnant again before Christmas and it will be interesting to see if they keep having babies with so close birthdays.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

@JermajestyDuggar That makes sense, as genetically, they are half siblings. 

It’s kind of amazing though. Because I know half siblings that look nothing alike! 

I find it interesting that we've seen a lot more of Wallace than of Jubilee. I have to wonder if Josh would be so exuberant had his firstborn been lacking a penis.

I think that's mainly/partially because Josh & Cass are much more in the "limelight", with Josh's blog and them being in the family band and featured on the family blog. Carson & Carolina seem to prefer to keep to themselves/not be so public.

Even though we opened ourselves to God’s blessings, we knew that was no guarantee that the Lord would ever bless us with children. Graciously, he gave Wallace Bradford to two sinful, undeserving parents.

We hope and pray God blesses us with more, while recognizing that Wallace may be the only child He ever gives us.

I often hear young quiverfulls say something along the lines of "Children are a blessing from God, but if He chooses to bless us with only one or two then we would be content with that". It always sounds like an unspoken wish ;).

Unfortunately for them, Cassidy has 20+ fertile years ahead of her so odds are they will have 10-15 kids. Nothing to do with God, fertility is our natural healthy state between puberty and menopause.

4 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I often hear young quiverfulls say something along the lines of "Children are a blessing from God, but if He chooses to bless us with only one or two then we would be content with that". It always sounds like an unspoken wish ;).

Unfortunately for them, Cassidy has 20+ fertile years ahead of her so odds are they will have 10-15 kids. Nothing to do with God, fertility is our natural healthy state between puberty and menopause.

They probably expect to have the same amount as their mother’s. But that’s not a guarantee. Their mother’s could have gotten their cycles back rather late because of BFing. There’s no guarantee that will happen with Cass and Lina. But I’m hoping it does happen. 

Still wondering if we will hear any pregnancy news from Mitchell and Bryn as well as Chelsy and John.  I must admit I was wrong in anticipating all four couples would be pregnant together in 2018.

On 7/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, pandora said:

Is he already on the waiting list for Alert Academy?

If that poor child doesn't have any camo clothing now, he will soon.

32 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Still wondering if we will hear any pregnancy news from Mitchell and Bryn as well as Chelsy and John.  I must admit I was wrong in anticipating all four couples would be pregnant together in 2018.

It’s actually possible they were all pregnant at the same time. Chelsy and Bryn could have been in the very early stages of pregnancy while Lina and Cass were 9 months pregnant. 

16 hours ago, ophelia said:

Cass and Lina will be pregnant again before Christmas and it will be interesting to see if they keep having babies with so close birthdays.

If they are nursing, they may be lucky and not ovulate for the next  year or even longer. It happens sometimes. That's why some quiverful fundies are having kids *only* every other year. 

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

If they are nursing, they may be lucky and not ovulate for the next  year or even longer. It happens sometimes. That's why some quiverful fundies are having kids *only* every other year. 

Anna Duggar and Priscilla Waller are good examples for this. They might end up with a lot of children, but I doubt that both of them will hit the double digits. And their kids are spaced out nicely.

I just perused Joshua the wannabepreacher's list of recommended books: http://joshuabontrager.com/library/  

So many of the usual fundy suspects, including the Perls. He's got Orwell's Animal Farm, but not Orwell's 1984.  Not surprising.

He mentions his wife loves books, but he doesn't deign to share any of her recommendations with us.

He loves him some Charles Spurgeon, so I am still holding out hope for a future Christianwarriormanchild, Spurgeon Bontrager. 

There's barely any fiction on his list! 
And I spotted a book on Biblical Masculinity. I feel so sorry for his son. I feel sorry for all his possible future-offspring, seeing that he also likes and reads the Pearls. :puke-front:

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived