IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 2

Coconut Flan

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn’t really important but I’ll add that the Wissmanns are at the Bontrager family camp like usual. They seem to attend every year. I doubt the Maxwell’s went. That’s too much fun. Maybe Chelsy and John went.

ETA: ok John and Chelsy are there. Just saw John in a video. The Bowers family is there too. 

7 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

hahahahaha "bontragers use big, rare words" is just about the funniest thing i've seen today. nothing like using a whopper of a word like "big" to describe his future family's advanced diction. "Using big, rare words" is just begging to be a post-count title. 

Could have come straight from Trump's mouth Twitter account, couldn't it? "I have big words. Rare words. I have the biggest, rarest words!"

“I notice that you use plain, simple language, short words and brief sentences. That is the way to write English — it is the modern way and the best way. Stick to it; don’t let fluff and flowers and verbosity creep in. When you catch an adjective, kill it. No, I don’t mean utterly, but kill most of them — then the rest will be valuable. They weaken when they are close together. They give strength when they are wide apart. An adjective habit, or a wordy, diffuse, flowery habit, once fastened upon a person, is as hard to get rid of as any other vice.”

I think including Mark Twain and Strunk and White in the Fundie Homeschool syllabus would be a hell of a good thing for a host of reasons.

http://mitchellbontrager.blogspot.com/2016/07/love-and-obedience-inseparable-friends.html?m=1

I'm not sure if anyone has posted a link to this, but here is a blog link with posts by Mitchell and Denver Bontrager.

ETA that there are no updates since 2016...!

https://www.weddingwire.com/weddings/3914010/wedding_new_website#!/website/12617468#website-page-12617468

According to Mitchell and Bryn's wedding website, Dwain Swanson (Lauren Swanson Duggar's dad) was one of Mitchell's groomsmen.
Apologies if this has already been noted!

I am procrastinating studying and therefore digging around on the internet because FJ's discussions are slow today!

2 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

http://mitchellbontrager.blogspot.com/2016/07/love-and-obedience-inseparable-friends.html?m=1

I'm not sure if anyone has posted a link to this, but here is a blog link with posts by Mitchell and Denver Bontrager.

ETA that there are no updates since 2016...!

https://www.weddingwire.com/weddings/3914010/wedding_new_website#!/website/12617468#website-page-12617468

According to Mitchell and Bryn's wedding website, Dwain Swanson (Lauren Swanson Duggar's dad) was one of Mitchell's groomsmen.
Apologies if this has already been noted!

I am procrastinating studying and therefore digging around on the internet because FJ's discussions are slow today!

I guess I didn’t realize Dwain was a groomsman however I think we spotted him at the wedding. 

I suppose that Denver or Taylor could be a good match for Lily Swanson one day. Or maybe Elizabeth Bon and David Swanson. They have a few children in each family of the opposite sex kind of close in age. 

I guess I didn’t realize Dwain was a groomsman however I think we spotted him at the wedding. 
I suppose that Denver or Taylor could be a good match for Lily Swanson one day. Or maybe Elizabeth Bon and David Swanson. They have a few children in each family of the opposite sex kind of close in age. 
Yep. It won't be too long, just 2-4 years before the younger ones are of age, right?

I did notice through the snooping that Mitchell and Bryn seem to be grown individual people, more so than Josh and Cass for sure. I mean, Bryn went to college in California! She had friends outside of the family circle, even if it was a Baptist college. They still did the 'we ignored each other until our dads told us to pray about it' fundie storyline, but seemed to genuinely be more interested in each other and less cookie cutter than the couples from the double wedding.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:16 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This isn’t really important but I’ll add that the Wissmanns are at the Bontrager family camp like usual. They seem to attend every year. I doubt the Maxwell’s went. That’s too much fun. Maybe Chelsy and John went.

ETA: ok John and Chelsy are there. Just saw John in a video. The Bowers family is there too. 

I could see some matches between these three families:

Charles Bowers - Susanna or Alaythia Wissmann

Denver Bontrager - Susanna or Alaythia Wissmann

Allison Bontrager - Stephen Wissmann

These are just the older ones. Down the road could be even more matches.

Sorry. Fundie matchmaking is a guilty pleasure of mine. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Bowers went on a family vacation to Colorado. http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/2018/09/western-adventures.html and did not take a detour to Iowa.

Nor did they go to the Bontrager's Turning Hearts Celebration or to that Family Camp.

They said “earlier this summer” so it could have been while the Bontragers plus Cass and Josh were out traveling and singing. Although it would make sense to stop and see Carson and Lina. But they may have been busy with farm work. They also saw the babies before the Bons since the Bons waited three weeks to finish up their tour before they saw the new babies.

The Bowers family did make it to the family camp this year. I spotted Charlie in a picture. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bowers family did make it to the family camp this year. I spotted Charlie in a picture. 

Thanks for that correction. Interesting that the Bowers didn't blog about it. It seems like they should be shopping for a helpmeet for Charlie. Is he 19 now?

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Thanks for that correction. Interesting that the Bowers didn't blog about it. It seems like they should be shopping for a helpmeet for Charlie. Is he 19 now?

I think he might be 20 now. The Bowers blog doesn’t list their birthdays and it they don’t talk about their ages much so it’s hard to tell. 

Judged by his looks, Charlie won't have a hard time finding a pure fundie maiden. But then it is something else to marry off a son. When a daughter gets married you can just dump her at her new spouse's debt-free home and leave. BUT a son has to provide housing and a steady income and so on. Or you just pull a Ben Seewald or Derrick Dillard and live on your FIL's income/real estate.

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

Judged by his looks, Charlie won't have a hard time finding a pure fundie maiden. But then it is something else to marry off a son. When a daughter gets married you can just dump her at her new spouse's debt-free home and leave. BUT a son has to provide housing and a steady income and so on. 

Agreed, and the Bowers are supposedly just renting in Alabama. I'm not aware of them currently owning any property, but I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Agreed, and the Bowers are supposedly just renting in Alabama. I'm not aware of them currently owning any property, but I could be wrong.

They sold their home up by the Bons for quite a bit more than they paid. They did a lot of work on it so I’m assuming they made a decent profit. At least they aren’t like Steve Maxwell and make them buy a home debt free. That way Charlie can marry at a younger age. Denver Bon won’t be 19 until December but he has money from the Bible Bee. It will be interesting to see if he or Charlie marries first. 

Allison made a post about clothing. She talks about being “classy” a lot in it. I honestly don’t even know what classy means anymore. Everyone has their own idea of classy. Along with modesty. Those two are just throw away words anymore. They are so over used they are meaningless. 

She gives us a tip on how to avoid layering on hot days while still being modest. Use a safety pin to make a neckline higher so you done have to wear a tank top under it! Lol. I guess she’s never given that tip to the Maxwell girls. 

3 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

And another Bontrager on the way: Mitch and Bryn are expecting in March

It’s nice that they will have 18 full months of marriage before a baby comes along. It would be very nice if they aren’t super fertile and end up with a well spaced bunch of 5-7 kids.

I'm just popping in here to say that Joshua Bontrager meets the very definition of Backpfeifengesicht (a face in need of a punching).

Holy crap I know he's got a lot of competition in fundie land, but he's surely the smuggest douchiest arsehat out there. 

Ok, I really wish they would stop calling everyone with moderate to liberal leanings a Marxist. Yes, some people in Hollywood are tone deaf around Fidel Castro. Most of us aren't Sean Penn. Not even close. 

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s nice that they will have 18 full months of marriage before a baby comes along. It would be very nice if they aren’t super fertile and end up with a well spaced bunch of 5-7 kids.

Yes.  Bryn is at least 23 already, right?  Perhaps she will even be 24 by the birth.

I wonder if the little apartment at the hotel where they live has more than 1 bedroom. I have a feeling it doesn't.

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Yes.  Bryn is at least 23 already, right?  Perhaps she will even be 24 by the birth.

I wonder if the little apartment at the hotel where they live has more than 1 bedroom. I have a feeling it doesn't.

Yeah Bryn will at least be 24 maybe even 25 when this baby is born. And Mitchell is 26 so at least they won’t be babies having babies. Chelsy and John will be 28 the same month they have their first. I’m really hoping they don’t have a huge quiver either. 

They also announced to the families during a prayer. Very in these days for young fundie couples. (Jinger, Tori and Bobby right?)

17 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm just popping in here to say that Joshua Bontrager meets the very definition of Backpfeifengesicht (a face in need of a punching).

Holy crap I know he's got a lot of competition in fundie land, but he's surely the smuggest douchiest arsehat out there. 

You already made my day. Haven't heard this term in a while, but I wholeheartedly agree that it fits perfectly.

3 hours ago, neurogirl said:

They also announced to the families during a prayer. Very in these days for young fundie couples. (Jinger, Tori and Bobby right?)

I think John and Chels did the same.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived