IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 2

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder how the Duggars feel about the newest Bontrager being named Jubilee. 

I think Doug Phillips was the first to use the name Jubilee for his daughter so it’s not completely uncommon amongst fundies. The Duggars know the Phillips’s so they didn’t come up with it on their own. They might like it on another baby girl. It’s hard to say.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Didn't the Bates also name one of their miscarriages Jubilee??

yes there was Jubilee, Sunny and I'm blanking on the other one. 

Welcome to the world little Wally and Jubie Bontrager.  Sorry about your names. 

31 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

yes there was Jubilee, Sunny and I'm blanking on the other one. 

The Bates miscarriages were all named after hymns.  Jewels (Precious Jewels), Jubilee (This is the Year of), Zion (Marching to), and Sunny (There is Sunshine in My Soul).

3 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Josh just posted the baby’s name meaning on his blog

he’s Named after William wallace and William Bradford

Can I pick em, or what?  a future son will be named after Ted Cruz, I promise.

And, just FYI--

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jan/30/3

Klansmen take their lead from Scots

Gerard Seenan reports on US racists' obsession with the history of Scotland

"However, militia groups are more recent converts. "It all gained momentum with Braveheart. That film is on the shelf of every white supremacist in America," says Mr Potok. "The Christian Identity and klan groups have always believed the Celts are the most racially pure, but the neo-nazis, by definition not Christian, really got into Scotland after Braveheart. Now it's often a focal point for discussions.""

Today in the unnecessary assignment of gender stereotypes to babies: Josh says that his day old son, who is incapable of even holding his own head up, is quite muscular. I doubt he'd say that of Wallace's cousin Jubilee... 

While he's laid out quite a plan for his child's life already, it's obvious that he's in love with this new life. You can see in the video where he quotes scripture to the baby that he's holding himself back from doing that natural cooing tone we all use with babies, he uses it on the last line. I hope that love carries through even if Wallace doesn't follow all of his dad's expectations. And I hope baby Wallace, despite his parents already hoping he ends up "manly", gets just as many cuddles and boo-boo kisses as a baby Willa would. 

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Wow, a double marriage and double pregnancy and pretty much a double birth, with only 12 hours apart!

At least Iowa law probably prevents double first cousins from marrying each other...

Joshua Bontrager is an insufferable little twerp.  He is all of 21 years young and thinks he has it all together.  Marriage, fatherhood, God, revisionist history and all.  What a peach.

I expect life will instill some sense into this conceited puppy, but his arrogance needs a swift kick in the pants sooner rather than later.

Wallace, my firstborn son, a chunky little fellow, was a freedom fighter from day one with the vision to enter a brave new world.

A freedom fighter!  With a vision!

He expressed this longing for freedom by actively kicking and moving while still in the womb.

Let me break the news to you, Joshua dear.  Wally isn't that special.  Healthy babies do kick and move in the womb.

We pray that he will apply both the courage of William Wallace and the vision of William Bradford to these desperate times in which we live.

I'll bet the times in which William Wallace and William Bradford lived were a helluva lot more desperate you spoiled brat.

We do not expect Wallace Bradford to live a life of ease and comfort.

Like you do.  Both the Boyers and the Bonts live luxurious lives compared to many.

We do not care if he is famous, wealthy, or highly educated.

Well the last one is a given.  He will not be well educated.  Just like Daddy.

We desire most that he would become born again, that he would raise a godly family of his own, and that he would live all of life to the glory of God.

Good luck, Wally, you poor little sprog.  I sincerely hope that you will be a man's man to live up to Daddy's expectations.

We pray that Wallace will rise with manly courage and vision to face the challenges of our day.

Rufus forbid that he is a sweet sensitive kid in touch with his feminine side.

With the Bible and the Spirit as His sword, faith as his shield, righteousness as his breastplate, salvation as his helmet, the gospel as his shoes, and truth as his belt, we desire that he will fight the good fight for God’s kingdom. We pray that, like Nehemiah of old, he will see past the devastation to what can be if God’s Word is applied.

Rebuild that Temple, Wally my child.  Nothing else will satisfy Daddy!

And, surely this isn't just me, why does Joshua always have that fixed aggressive stare in photos?  And why does he look as though he is wearing makeup?  Do the Bont males wear makeup on stage? 

Josh has unnaturally red lips and looks as though he has raided Chelsy's false eyelash stash in so many photos.

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

At least Iowa law probably prevents double first cousins from marrying each other...

you made me look it up LMAO no first cousin marriage is allowed at all in Iowa. now they could go to any of the green states and marry except North Carolina which allows first cousin put not double first cousin. 

image.png.90b9f488bc92c98f73ae44c86f9d4ae1.png

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

@HereticHick I always find you so hilarious, but gosh can we not make incestuous jokes about day-old infants? Or kids in general

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Can I pick em, or what?  a future son will be named after Ted Cruz, I promise.

And, just FYI--

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jan/30/3

Klansmen take their lead from Scots

Gerard Seenan reports on US racists' obsession with the history of Scotland

"However, militia groups are more recent converts. "It all gained momentum with Braveheart. That film is on the shelf of every white supremacist in America," says Mr Potok. "The Christian Identity and klan groups have always believed the Celts are the most racially pure, but the neo-nazis, by definition not Christian, really got into Scotland after Braveheart. Now it's often a focal point for discussions.""

Just wow.

1. ‘The Celts’ are not a race. ‘The Celts’ are/were an incredibly diverse group of various peoples with similar cultures and languages. Even if you accept a concept as ludicrous as ‘racial purity’, the Celts ain’t it.

2. Not so very long ago, Celts were considered decidedly racially impure compared to the vastly superior Anglo-Saxons (hope it goes without saying that this is obviously not my view). They were considered dirty, dishonest, of demonstrably lower intelligence, and they were actively discriminated against based on twisted concepts of social darwinism and racial bias.

But I know, I know. Trying to reason with white supremacists is like trying to reason with my toaster. Except I’d get more sense out of my toaster, and it performs a useful function.

Also, Joshua Bontrager is one creepy little twerp. So much secondhand embarrassment! I wonder if he realizes how childish and asinine he comes across (I’m guessing no). I literally can’t read anything he writes without cringing.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Josh just posted the baby’s name meaning on his blog

he’s Named after William wallace and William Bradford

.......... why wouldn't you just call him William then (jk I know the answer :pb_rollseyes:)

Fun fact: since Wally and Jubilee are double first cousins, they actually share the same amount of DNA as half-siblings!

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Fun fact: since Wally and Jubilee are double first cousins, they actually share the same amount of DNA as half-siblings!

And that’s why all those Smorton children look alike. Those cousins all look like siblings! 

Wait, William Wallace is a Protestant hero now? And the English are bad? I'm super confused. 

But if Wallace had been little Sally, would she still have been a chunky little fellow lass, a freedom fighter from day one with the vision to enter a brave new world, who expressed this longing for freedom by actively kicking and moving while still in the womb???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tell me that Joshua. You sound ridiculous. And I already feel bad for Wallace, because he will never bring down the walls of Jericho and save American Christians from the steep persecution you so clearly face. You know, I guess I'm glad that Josh and Cassidy had a boy, because if Carolina had the boy and Cassidy had a girl...I feel that Josh Fundie McPompous A-hole would've blown a fuse. Or even worse, taken this out on Cassidy and/or Sally. 

I hope Carolina and whatever her husband's name is are overjoyed with the safe arrival of their daughter. 

Sheesh. I'll take "fundies who will have a subforum of their own soon" for 200, Alex. 

4 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

But if Wallace had been little Sally, would she still have been a chunky little fellow lass, a freedom fighter from day one with the vision to enter a brave new world, who expressed this longing for freedom by actively kicking and moving while still in the womb???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tell me that Joshua. You know, I guess I'm glad that Josh and Cassidy had a boy, because if Carolina had the boy and Cassidy had a girl...I feel that Josh Fundie McPompous A-hole would've blown a fuse. Or even worse, taken this out on Cassidy and/or Sally. 

I hope Carolina and whatever her husband's name is are overjoyed with the safe arrival of their daughter. 

it's Carolina and Carson I'm actually a little surprised they didn't continue the Bower C theme since both of them had C names. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Joshua Bontrager is an insufferable little twerp.  He is all of 21 years young and thinks he has it all together.  Marriage, fatherhood, God, revisionist history and all.  What a peach.

I expect life will instill some sense into this conceited puppy, but his arrogance needs a swift kick in the pants sooner rather than later.

I'm 100% with you. I don't know what's so triggering about him but I can't hear him speak without my fists clenching up. 

Poor little Wally is only minutes old and he's already being sent to the frontlines of the Jesus war. Who says to an INFANT that they won't have a comfortable life and will have to fight for God's army?? Religious fanatics, that's who.

And would it kill him to express a few words of gratitude to his wife?

Poor, poor little Wally, and I feel bad for Cassidy too who has to put up with the fool...

10 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

And would it kill him to express a few words of gratitude to his wife?

Why would he have done that???? After all, it was Joshua who SIRED this child. Cats merely did her God-given duty of carrying and birthing it, would't it be her job to thank Joshua to be allowed to do the for him? /sarcasm off

On 7/16/2018 at 10:59 AM, HereticHick said:

I really do suspect some sort of rift between the Bontrager and Bowers parents.  They seemed to fall out of being BFFs as quickly as they fell in

I agree. Something is missing in this whole new baby scenario.

All fundie women seem to be gaga over babies and certainly their whole belief system seems to be all about "filling the quiver", so it seems odd to me that the Bontragers would place working i.e. singing in churches above two newborns. You'd think they would have sent at least one of the girls down or mama Bontrager could have at least made a visit. 

I also thought it odd that the Bowers moved away - they still have many sons to marry off and the Bontragers have daughters so you would have thought there might be more matches. The whole father's health thing strikes me as the same as when a politician resigns for "family reasons" when really there was some sort of scandal. I do think that there was some sort of falling out. 

I wonder if Chelsy is back home visiting the babies in lieu of the Bontrager Mom..... Chelsy and John were not in the pics posted on the Maxwell blog today of the family welcoming home the "girls" from their "ministry trip".

15 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I agree. Something is missing in this whole new baby scenario.

All fundie women seem to be gaga over babies and certainly their whole belief system seems to be all about "filling the quiver", so it seems odd to me that the Bontragers would place working i.e. singing in churches above two newborns. You'd think they would have sent at least one of the girls down or mama Bontrager could have at least made a visit. 

I also thought it odd that the Bowers moved away - they still have many sons to marry off and the Bontragers have daughters so you would have thought there might be more matches. The whole father's health thing strikes me as the same as when a politician resigns for "family reasons" when really there was some sort of scandal. I do think that there was some sort of falling out. 

But most of their children are still underage. They would be wasting years waiting for their children to mature enough to marry. Charlie is currently the only child adult at home so they have to go somewhere else to find him a mate. I bet some or all of the Bowers family will travel up to meet the new babies before the Bontragers get home. At least there are three couples at home to keep each other company. And Chelsy will probably visit soon. 

Joshua Bontrager is insufferable and I really feel sorry for his son. Normally I pity the girls born into these families, but his blog post about his NEWBORN son made me want to puke. So much pressure from day one!! This - again- shows that also boys suffer in these fundie environments. 

Cassidy seems like the typical submissive fundie princess who will adore whatever her boychild husband does and I bet she'll want to be pregnant again as soon as possible.

ETA: I'm glad they had a hospital birth and that Joshua didn't push her into home birth. He seems like the kind of guy that is so damn holy and close to JEEEEBUS that he feels superior to everybody and especially heathen scientist and doctors.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived