IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

Lori has a disciplining video on utube  -  Comments section:
Lori Alexander - Amber, it was a small 12’ leather strap that stung like crazy so it didn’t need to be used often. We actually bought it at our church in a parenting class that was taught by a couple who sold them. It was a great investment! 

Amber - Lori Alexander thank you my parents passed the belt down to me for my kids.

No, Lori, pain teaches fear and not much else.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart hurts reading that.  I just can't.  If people can brag about hitting their own kids with belts and straps, there's no telling what they're capable of.  Reading things like that makes me have a real distrust for others.  Just so very sad.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

My heart hurts reading that.  I just can't.  If people can brag about hitting their own kids with belts and straps, there's no telling what they're capable of.  Reading things like that makes me have a real distrust for others.  Just so very sad.

@Koala  Me too.  I actually read that churches were giving the Pearls' book "To Train Up a Child" out at churches.  

13 hours ago, Carol said:

Lori has a new photo up.

5a99f8e804037_ScreenShot2018-03-02at5_20_30PM.png.c0ef0de8d7f54ba1077306d1a5409abf.pngThe first thing that came to mind was, "Have you flicked your granddaughter's cheek yet, Lori??  

I'm headlining this photo... 

"Insane, Unstable Grandmother Kidnaps Granddaughter!!  Known Child Abuser Presents As Doting Grandma!!".

When I see this picture of her, one of the main things I think of is - this is what happens when you live in a sunny climate but refuse to wear sunscreen.  Even when you are in your 50's, you'll look like you're in your 70's.  She's such a good example of what not to do (in almost every category).

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

the proverbs 31 women had servants so she can too. 

Of course if I remember correctly the Proverbs 31 women were actually running large households and managing farms and/or businesses, including *gasp* work outside the home. And they lived in a time when feeding a family and "keeping a home" took hours and hours of grueling daily work. No washing machines, microwaves or toaster ovens, no hot water available in seconds at the turn of a tap. Pre-heating an oven meant building a fire hours in advance. Laundry could have taken days. Lori would have been considered extremely lazy by those women. 

Id love to see her have to live like a woman in that time for a week or so. 

Oh, the hypocrisy...

I guess it's not having an ego problem if you delete the person correcting you.  Or if you accuse them of hating God, and write a scathing post about them (which you don't allow them to respond to).

It's probably also not considered an "ego problem" if you presume to speak for God, and believe you alone interpret scripture correctly. 

I swear, it's days like this I'd swear she's a troll.  Her lack of self awareness is a study...

So today’s post is a regurgitation of a post about the Bachelor (interestingly the comments have been deleted and disabled on the actual blog post). It talks about how they watched it because a friend of one of their children was on it. She is referring to Alyssa’s friend Tenley Molzahn. 

Per instastories, Alyssa is in Washington state with her aunt (Lori’s sister) at a health and nutrition conference/seminar. 

It could be a matter of coincidence but I think she’s passive aggressive and jealous, so to me the timing is suspect. 

Lori doesn’t have any friends, does she? 

OK, I'll give Lori this one. I have never been crazy about The Bachelor either. I've never understood these young women who go on the show knowing the odds of being picked from so many women are low. Then they get their feelings hurt when they don't get a rose. Does anyone know if any of these relationships have lasted?  The only one I can think of is Trista and Ryan.

The Peaceful Wife has always been so much more gracious in her words than Lori. Check out her post here about public schooling. Such a far cry from what Lori tries to shove down throats. 

https://peacefulwife.com/2018/02/23/13-keys-to-peace-for-moms-with-kids-in-public-school-today/

I believe God can and will give each family the wisdom they need for each of their children at every stage about what kind of schooling works best for them. And I know that things can change for different children and families depending on many factors. So I am not going to advocate that all Christian parents must homeschool, must send their kids to private school, or must use public school. That is a matter of personal conviction and prayer for each family. God lovingly instructs us, in Romans 14, to extend grace and understanding to one another in the area of personal convictions.

I'll invite you all to do a little experiment with me. Cover up the bottom half of Lori's face in her new profile picture. Look only at her eyes. Do you see any joy of the Lord there (or any joy at all)?

If you all will forgive me a bit more petty bitchiness, she doesn't have a lot of "smile wrinkles" around her eyes.

3 hours ago, Liza said:

Lori has a disciplining video on utube  -  Comments section:
Lori Alexander - Amber, it was a small 12’ leather strap that stung like crazy so it didn’t need to be used often. We actually bought it at our church in a parenting class that was taught by a couple who sold them. It was a great investment! 

Amber - Lori Alexander thank you my parents passed the belt down to me for my kids.

No, Lori, pain teaches fear and not much else.

Can you imagine using a 12 inch strap that “stings like crazy” on 18 month old Alyssa? For four hours? The poor kid probably didn’t know what the hell was going on. I’m beginning to see why lori,  who probably would’ve loved to go, was not invited on  Alyssas trip to DC.

52 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I'll invite you all to do a little experiment with me. Cover up the bottom half of Lori's face in her new profile picture. Look only at her eyes. Do you see any joy of the Lord there (or any joy at all)?

If you all will forgive me a bit more petty bitchiness, she doesn't have a lot of "smile wrinkles" around her eyes.

To me, her eyes look beady, cold, and I would say dead but there is too much anger and meanness in them to be able to say that.  I see no joy in them, but I do see judgmentalism (is that a word? If not, I think you get what I mean.) galore. 

If I had kids, I wouldn't want her around them.  I do feel sorry for her cats...if she treats them anything like she treated her own children, the poor creatures probably get kicked and pushed around a lot.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

If people can brag about hitting their own kids with belts and straps, there's no telling what they're capable of.

We know exactly what they are capable of -- physically beating their children and leaving welts/ bruises; mentally beating them with shame over 5 lbs of weight gain and every/ anything else;  mentally torturing them by letting babies scream for hours and telling them the "snakes" are coming to get them; being physically cruel by pinching them or flicking their cheeks, and then topping it all off by making their children's lives a miserable existence by denying them any fun or personal autonomy.

We know all this because Lori gleefully, joyfully, proudly brags about doing all of that to her children.  She tell us all the terrible things she did and is too stupid to realize that she reveals herself as a cruel, sadistic monster.  Lori Alexander is a monster. 

And every single one of her leghumper fangirls who try to one up themselves by gleefully, joyfully, proudly bragging about physically and mentally hurting their children reveal that they, too, are monsters.

People who intentionally hurt children are monsters.

The monstrous abusive parents aren't "other people". They are the people next door.  I wonder if Lori's neighbors know what a monster she is.  I wonder if they know how proud she is of every painful, hurtful cruel thing she has ever done. 

I wonder if her children realize that everything that was done to them will be done to their children by Grandma Lori.

@Free Jana Duggar I agree about the Bachelor. I actually don’t care for reality tv in general (I can get sucked in by some of the housewives though). I miss the old comedies like Seinfeld and Frasier, the Golden Girls, etc. 

I watched her YouTube and goodness, what does she think she’s teaching? She doesn’t know enough about congestion or constipation to actually teach anything. Not to mention she can’t even maintain focus for a 10 minute video. It was painful to watch. 

4 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

When I see this picture of her, one of the main things I think of is - this is what happens when you live in a sunny climate but refuse to wear sunscreen.  Even when you are in your 50's, you'll look like you're in your 70's.  She's such a good example of what not to do (in almost every category).

She looks like a very godly handbag. Lori told us that sunscreen causes cancer so that's why. 

Wonder what Lori would think about this?:flyingspaghetti:

Karen is the Prime Ministeroni of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - New Zealand a religion that has been a part of the census since 2006. Fun facts: they are the only church to have a gender-neutral deity and some members choose to adorn themselves with colanders

Karen is the Prime Ministeroni

Slight variation on my usual Lori comment:

6F9FA1BF-72DE-4AF2-9A85-A0C34F8E3BF0.jpeg.d97a79f5d76f1239068f830958a5dfe2.jpeg

Cheese grease as hand lotion? GAG

this comment broke my heart

Jamie

MARCH 1, 2018 AT 1:54 PM

“What if my husband abuses his power and gets off on using his power to make me do ridiculous things?”

I appreciate this Godly advice. There are times I believe Jim goes too far in setting rules for me with regards to my appearance (only dresses and only wearing high heeled shoes) and what I have to ask permission to do (everything).

If I were to impulsively act out during one of these times of frustrations, I could remove myself from being able to minister to Jim and our family. If I claimed abuse to friends or family because of my inconvenience or discomfort, I could irreparably alter our situation and cause intrusion by government of other parties.

Bottom line— its not about me. Its about bringing glory to God by pleasing our husbands and being the best helpmate and mothers we can be.

This woman does not get that she is in an incredibly abusive relationship with a man who treats her as a child or a possession. 

9 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Of course if I remember correctly the Proverbs 31 women were actually running large households and managing farms and/or businesses, including *gasp* work outside the home. And they lived in a time when feeding a family and "keeping a home" took hours and hours of grueling daily work. No washing machines, microwaves or toaster ovens, no hot water available in seconds at the turn of a tap. Pre-heating an oven meant building a fire hours in advance. Laundry could have taken days. Lori would have been considered extremely lazy by those women. 

Id love to see her have to live like a woman in that time for a week or so. 

Lori claims that if she did work outside of the home it was for a short period of time because she had to be home with her kids.

That is heartbreaking.   I notice that she said that telling others about her situation could lead to government intrusion, so that leads me to believe that there's probably physical abuse as well.  

I am sure Lori will be as pleased as punch to hear what she's enduring.

I have said this dozens of times, but I am going to say it again.  It's stories like these that make me so thankful for my husband.  I was telling him on Thursday night about the rose bushes we were talking about on this thread.  On Friday he took me out to lunch and Starbucks.  After that, he took me to Lowe's to buy a rose bush.  By this morning he'd decided to make a walkway of them.  In total, he planted 9 rose bushes, laid out mulch, and trimmed it all with landscape timbers.  He also got a second whiskey barrel filled with Gerber Daises (to match the one he bought me last week), and a hanging basket (also full of Gerber Daisies).  Tomorrow he's going to paint the kitchen.

Am I bragging?  Yes.  I am bragging on him because he totally deserves it.  He is wonderful in every way, and I can't imagine a second of my life without him.  And no Lori, this isn't the honeymoon phase.  We've been together for right at 20 years.  

Luckily for me, I married for love, not money.  When you marry for money (as Lori did) you spend the rest of your life paying for it.  You also end up with a miserable marriage, just like Ken and Lori did.

All of this to say: There are GOOD men out there.  Really good men.  Men who love their wives.  Men who leave their wives counting the hours until they get home from work, because they truly can't stand the 8 hours they're apart.  Those kind of marriages make life...I don't know the word for it, but you just feel like you've been given an incredible gift.

DO NOT SETTLE for some jackass who has a list of rules, or who makes you fear "government intrusion" for Christ's sake.  That's not godly, and living like that doesn't bring glory to God or anyone else.  I tell you something else- it doesn't save the husband's soul, either.  That's bullshit, and it's completely unbiblical.  According to the Bible, Christ alone saves.  What Lori is talking about is a works salvation.

13 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Even when you are in your 50's, you'll look like you're in your 70's. 

How old is Lori?

Lori is almost exactly my age, and I just turned 60. I think I'm a couple of months older than she is, but we graduated from high school the same year.

My neck doesn't look nearly as bad as hers, though. (Please excuse the bec moment. :pb_biggrin: )

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived