IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the previous thread, Hisey asked about whether Lori's daughter Cassi attended the private Christian high school. I think she did. Also, Cassi did attend BIOLA for awhile.  I don't know how long though. The reason Cassi left BIOLA was because Ken didn't want to pay the high tutition for some kind homemaking degree that the school offers.

18 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

In the previous thread, Hisey asked about whether Lori's daughter Cassi attended the private Christian high school. I think she did. Also, Cassi did attend BIOLA for awhile.  I don't know how long though. The reason Cassi left BIOLA was because Ken didn't want to pay the high tutition for some kind homemaking degree that the school offers.

Ken is lying or they no longer offer a homemaking degree at Biola: http://catalog.biola.edu/biola-university-undergraduate/majors/

Lori is showing off her $10 cut flower arrangement. First, there are cheaper flowers out there. Second, for $13 I can buy a knockout rosebush that supplies me with pretty flowers all spring, summer and fall, for YEARS. Lori is doing frugal wrong. 2 out of 5 stars on today's attempt at frugality.  

I understand knockouts aren't the best for cutting, but they are hearty and easy to manage and bloom a ton. I own 3 and love all of mine and they make pretty informal mason jar bouquets. 

44 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Is the womb fruit she’s posing with belong to Cassi or Emily? I’ve forgotten who was knocked up and when.

Pretty sure it is Cassi. Emily announced they were having a second around Christmas. 

Lori is still on her keepers at home rant. 

It seems like the kids' education was just chaotic. Lori just kept moving them around, switching from public to private to homeschool. That would have been very disconcerting for me as a teenager. Based on Lori's own words, the kids should not have been making these decisions; parents are in charge at that house.  So, I'm guessing all these moves were due to the whim of the day from their mother. 

Something just seems odd about the way those kids bounced around from one education setting to another. 

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

It seems like the kids' education was just chaotic. Lori just kept moving them around, switching from public to private to homeschool. That would have been very disconcerting for me as a teenager. Based on Lori's own words, the kids should not have been making these decisions; parents are in charge at that house.  So, I'm guessing all these moves were due to the whim of the day from their mother. 

Something just seems odd about the way those kids bounced around from one education setting to another. 

I agree. My niece has moved schools a couple times due to her mental health issues - to private, to online homeschool (like legitimate online school, not SOTDRT), and then back to public school. But every time it's been a huge decision with a lot of preparation involved. It seems that Lori shuffled them around like it was no big thing.

I swear I remember from the old blog Lori admitting that she took the sons out of  public school to home school because they were going to be tested in school.  Tested for what I don't remember.  But I do remember Lori conveyed not annoyance/indignation that the testing was required, but seemed sort of scared what the testing might reveal.   Also seem to remember she decided on private school because there wan't the testing

Does anyone else remember this or have I completely invented it?

Adding to ask -- Did the Alexander children go to public or private Christian elementary school? We only hear about the homeschooling once they hit middle school, and then Christian school after that

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

No, I pointed out that on the old blog, they started Cassi in PS 8th grade, while the boys were in private Christian school. Only when Cassi seemed to be getting "corrupted" did they fork out the dough to send her to the private Christian school.

Same with Alyssa. They started her in PS 9th grade. According to them, she felt it was too icky. So they homeschooled her. Again, with the girls, there is every relucance to spend money on their education

It wasn't that Cassi wanted a homemaker degree (to my knowledge). I think they just didn't want to spend money on BIOLA when her "dream" was to be a wife and mother. IIRC, Ken insisted she get her teaching credential at the community college/public university she attended. On the old blog, Cassi parrots her mother's words by stating that public universities would've been bad for her except she had the grounding of coming home to Lori and Ken to keep her in line. (In truth, it would've been harder for her to sleep around by staying at home).

@Red Hair, Black Dress Yep, I think the bouncing around started in an effort to prevent a diagnosis that Lori did not want.

Lori: 

I home schooled NAME REDACTED from fifth grade through eighth grade. 

She continues in the comments:

They definitely would have labeled one of my sons ADD if they would have tested him. I am SO happy I never let them test him or label him...

I am willing to bet, that I Am Lion, Hear Me Roar Alexander went up against the school and lost.

You have to remember, Lori is proud of the fact that she was considered too strict, and that her children were afraid of her.  She has also been insistent that teachers loved her children, thanks to her and her leather strap:

None of them ever got in trouble at school or with anyone in authority.  Even the coaches in high school and college loved them.  They respected authority, even those coaches and ballet teachers that were really tough.  They never talked back to them, even when they were being treated unfairly.  

If the school wanted to have one of her kids tested, it wasn't because there were no problems at all.  Something was going on, and to acknowledge that, would have been to admit defeat (in Lori's small mind).  

The pattern repeated years later:

When Cassi was in junior high, I enrolled her at the local public junior high school.

After two months, she started hanging out with this girl.  She had a bad attitude and seemed to enjoy the world's ways a little more than I was comfortable with.  I pulled my sweet Cassi out of junior high.  Yes, we were strict parents.

8 weeks.  After 8 weeks this well behaved child who never got in any trouble ever was hanging out with someone with a "bad attitude".  

Are we really supposed to believe that Lori pulled her "sweet" kid out because someone else had a bad attitude?  More likely, Cassi was picking up some habits of her own.

Strange.. My parents never beat me but I wasn't disrespectful either. It's almost like you don't need to beat them to make them respectful, kind, and compassionate. And what she means by a bad attitude probably means that she was starting to have her own ideas about the way the world works. I mean heaven forbid a child hangs out with someone who isn't quite Christian enough. Sure there's limits but what does a bad attitude look like or enjoying the ways of the world too much look like for Lori?

On our previous thread, @crawfishgirl said the following:

"Personally, I was disgusted.  They knowingly went to another country and illegally encouraged Christianity, and then expected the govt to rescue them.  People could have been killed due to their actions, including during their military rescue.  I was also saddened that they were treated like heroes here - their actions were knowingly illegal, not heroic.  They knew it was a criminal offense, but they just didn't care how their actions could impact others. "

I have been chewing on some thoughts regarding "illegal versus heroic" - especially in juxtaposition with some comments on the Billy Graham thread and Lori's archaic mindset, and wanted to pose the following question:

At what point is a law so offensive in another country that we break it on principle?  I know that the women in the above example's primary reason to be where they were was to teach women to read in a country where that was forbidden too.  If they were arrested for that, would our support of their activity be different?

When people first started supporting Martin Luther King's efforts for equality, the common response was to be disgusted or level accusations of injustice - but the law itself was wrong.  Where is that line?  If it were anything other than Christianity, would it have been ok?   (sincere question here)

So there's this comment on today's post:

But who will wear fancy clothes and act important at the coffee shops?

There’s nothing funner than seeing two women have a ‘business meeting’ at a coffee shop.

There’s nothing sadder than seeing two (decent) businessmen having a meeting and then being oddly joined by a young 20-something co-worker who gets the whole meeting off balance by her bizarro-world presence.

What planet is this lady from?  She acts like the idea of women having a business meeting is pure silliness.  

What a weirdo...seriously. :GRONDE:

Lori:

I often watch the women in the workforce and wonder why they were so easily deceived into thinking that standing behind a cash register all day long or sitting behind a desk are better than being in their own homes. I will never understand this since home is the only place that I have ever wanted to be.

Wonder if that's what she thought when her own daughters entered the work force (Cassi as a dental hygienist / Alyssa as a dance instructor)...

Anyway, one way for Lori to express her disapproval would be to STOP USING THEIR SERVICES!  That's right.  Let Ken stop associating with women in the business world. He has his own business- let him only work with men, and men who employ other men.  Of course, Lori would no longer be sitting in a million dollar + house, and they wouldn't have any money to speak of, but it would be worth it.  Do it for Jesus, Lori!!

Same for doctors.  You don't need to use those silly "female women" doctors and nurses.  Put your foot down and insist on a male medical staff.  Lord knows when you'll be seen to, but that's okay, because you are setting the example- Women should be keepers at home!!

Next up?  No more female cashiers. Wait in line all day if you must, but don't let those bossy feminists think they have any right to a job!   As for you and your house, you don't keep women from their rightful places (home).;)

Finally?  Fire the maid!  She should be taking care of her husband's home, not your husband's home!  She's stealing your job!  Get off the internet, and get to scrubbing those toilets.  And remember, do it "heartily" as unto the Lord.

Business meetings between women are funny? Seriously, I've been in a lot of business meetings with other women and they're rarely funny. Unless you find composite airplane parts hilarious. 

Also, my two closest coworkers are men and frankly, I think I ADD balance to the meetings. I am a quality manager. They tend to get lost in the technical work and forget to think about the procedural aspects of our work. I balance them out. SHOCKING I KNOW.

@Koala I popped in to post the quotes you did.  The reason why women thinking working is better than being at home is they need the money. Its that simple, Lori. And in fact, probably a lot don't think its BETTER, its just what they HAVE to do to survive. And again just because Lori never wanted to work she just can't understand for the life of her why anyone else would want to. 

Why do we sit there working those jobs? Because we have to eat, bitch. And pay rent. And insurance. And buy 3 tires for the two old cars. And feed the cat and the dogs. And buy our prescription meds that we need to keep going.  And buy food that won't kill us because both of us have food allergies and health issues that rely on a healthy diet in order to have a healthy happy life. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Anyway, one way for Lori to express her disapproval would be to STOP USING THEIR SERVICES!  

So true. There's a business near me that sells something I like, but they are very upfront about certain views they hold which I heavily disagree with. So I put my money where my mouth is and don't shop there. Maybe if someone stopped patronizing all the restaurants, businesses, services, etc. that don't mesh with their belief against working women, they would have to come to grips with how critical and beneficial working women are to society!

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori just kept moving them around, switching from public to private to homeschool. That would have been very disconcerting for me as a teenager.

I had a friend who was moved back and forth between homeschool and public school a few times. It was because of the parents' changing views on education, not for health reasons, special services, etc. Fortunately, they ended up keeping my friend in public school for the long term at the end of it. But it was very disruptive to my friend's education and social life, and it took a while for those things to even out. I'd imagine it would be difficult for most any kid.

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

I think I ADD balance to the meetings. I am a quality manager. They tend to get lost in the technical work and forget to think about the procedural aspects of our work. I balance them out. SHOCKING I KNOW.

Wait... wait... Are you telling them what to do?  Are you giving them your opinion? Are you disagreeing with them? Are you putting yourself forward in any way? Have you (horrors) left your home?

Why jerkit.... you shameless ungodly hussy.    Quit your job this instant. Get back to the kitchen and bake some biscuits. And make damn sure they are nutritious, yummy, healthy and organic :GPn0zNK:    

Just now, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Wait... wait... Are you telling them what to do?  Are you giving them your opinion? Are you disagreeing with them? Are you putting yourself forward in any way? Have you (horrors) left you home?

Why jerkit.... you shameless ungodly hussy.    Quit your job this instant. Get back to the kitchen and bake some biscuits. And make damn sure they are nutritious, yummy, healthy and organic :GPn0zNK:    

It's true! I submit to a boss and not my husband!

No biscuits for us - I'm allergic to wheat. Probably my punishment for being such a shameless hussy.

19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Why do we sit there working those jobs? Because we have to eat, bitch. And pay rent. And insurance. And buy 3 tires for the two old cars. And feed the cat and the dogs. And buy our prescription meds that we need to keep going.  And buy food that won't kill us because both of us have food allergies and health issues that rely on a healthy diet in order to have a healthy happy life. 

Exactly.  But Lori thinks a roof overhead is a luxury that we evil feminist women simply refuse to live without.  :pb_rollseyes:

I don't usually wish ill on others, but I wouldn't mind seeing what effect a (short, non-permanent harm) bout of living on the streets would have on Lori.  

Lori has something she found on the internet for that wheat allergy.  And besides, you're probably allergic because you're not eating natural organic food the way God intended.  So really the allergy is All. Your. Fault. anyway

17 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori has something she found on the internet for that wheat allergy.  And besides, you're probably allergic because you're not eating natural organic food the way God intended.  So really the allergy is All. Your. Fault. anyway

If she can cure my hives and swollen eyelids, hands, and feet when I eat wheat with her black salve, then by all means!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived