IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, fluffy said:

Today Lori posted a video of long and detailed instructions on how to clean the bathroom. It was made by a woman who Lori "liked a lot more when I thought she was Christian. : - ( "  It later came out she was Mormon. So now Lori's decided to make her own how to clean the bathroom video.

Has she shown you a picture of her bathtub today yet? It's coming...

I can't say I blame her, here.  A non-Christian cleaning a bathroom?  Sweet Lord, what is the world coming to?  Next thing you know we'll have Atheists doing laundry, and Catholics (who we ALL know aren't Christians) vacuuming floors.  

Not to worry though, because as soon as Lori's maid teaches her to clean the bathroom, we'll have actual footage of a good "Christian" woman, cleaning a bathroom God's Ways.  And thank 8 lb. 9 oz. baby Jesus for that.   No telling what those Mormons get up to when you give them free reign of the toilet brush and some scrubbing bubbles.  

Get out your Norwex cloths ladies...it's time to clean the toilet. (Go ahead and use the one you use to clean your kitchen counter...those things clean themselves!)

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, fluffy said:

Before she got sidetracked on bathroom videos, Lori had a new proposal. She suggested that women "are not yet married or do not yet have children make it their mission to be available to those who are in the trenches of young motherhood? What if they committed their time and energy to helping the widows and the orphans? There are so many needs to be met and so many women are so busy with their careers or the pursuit of an education that so many are left struggling because no one has the time to help." 

A reader wrote: "I'm the mother to 10 children, my 7 youngest are 7 and under, my husband is in the military and is gone for many hours each day. I would love if there were more women available to encourage and help me as I navigate my way through this challenging season. Sadly nearly all the women I know have careers and no one has the time." 

Lori adds something to the effect of "How many of you would love to have women help you in your role as mother and homemaker? This is how the Church should run. Women should be helping other women fulfill their roles as mothers and keepers at home. I love doing this for my daughters." 

I am all for being there for our widows and singles. My aunt was widowed a few years ago, and losing your spouse changes so much, including how people treat and view you in church & society. 

But I personally draw the line at being someone's bucket bitch for their eleventy children that they chose to have. No. Just no. 

I loathe how christian people think singles and childless women are to be there for moms to help care for their children and run their home. 

Today's post brought to you by: Lori's Desperation to go VIRAL! :roll:

The title? WORKING MOTHERS AND PUBLIC SCHOOLS PRODUCE MENTALLY ILL CHILDREN

Finally, as our preacher taught yesterday – God always pays for what He orders. He has ordered young women to be keepers at home and wants them loving their children enough to raise them in the nurture and the admonition of Him. Trust your Great Provider to pay and provide a way to accomplish what He commands of you.

Hey, Lori?  Remember the reader who, just last week, told you that she was homeless with her two children?  Maybe you should remind God to "pay for what he ordered".  Unfortunately, it seems he was late with her rent, and as a result, her kids now know what it's like to be without a home.

Her insistence upon not working, led her straight to the streets.  She only has a home now, because she got a job to pay for it herself. GOD DID NOT PAY HER MORTGAGE!  He doesn't pay anyone's mortgage.  That's something we have to do for ourselves!

11 hours ago, Florita said:

Wow! Lori's not afraid to uphold a racial stereotype.

That is what struck me at first, too. Besides the stupid non-science of it all.  I'm afraid to wade over to her site. Did anyone call her out on that? (before she deletes/deleted it).  

First comment:

Jamie, when every I see a school bus go by, I remember what you said to your children "Wave hello to the little prisoners."

Wow.  When my kids were younger, and asked me about all of the various forms of education (private school, public school, homeschool), I simply explained that there were many different choices for education, and different ones suited different families.  

I don't presume to know "the right" way to educate.  Just the right way for my family.  My god, how sanctimonious can you be?  It's almost like she was mocking those kids.  How awful.  So much for loving your neighbor...that's the second greatest command, and the one they always seems to conveniently forget. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Get out your Norwex cloths ladies...it's time to clean the toilet. (Go ahead and use the one you use to clean your kitchen counter...those things clean themselves!)

And then take that cloth right back to the kitchen and wipe down your faucet handles and refrigerator door. Pause along the hallway to wipe all the bedroom doorknobs you pass. Make a quick detour to the front door--your guests won't mind touching a shiny, freshly polished doorknob that's been wiped with the all-purpose, self-cleaning Norwex cloth that you just used to scrub the floor around your toilet.

I think I just made myself a little ill. :puke-front: 

20 minutes ago, Koala said:

Hey, Lori?  Remember the reader who, just last week, told you that she was homeless with her two children?  Maybe you should remind God to "pay for what he ordered".  Unfortunately, it seems he was late with her rent, and as a result, her kids now know what it's like to be without a home.

Her insistence upon not working, led her straight to the streets.  She only has a home now, because she got a job to pay for it herself. GOD DID NOT PAY HER MORTGAGE!  He doesn't pay anyone's mortgage.  That's something we have to do for ourselves!

That's where my family was headed at one point. My ex was extremely irresponsible, and I tried to 'trust God,' but somehow God wasn't doing any better at paying the bills. Gee, I wonder why? 

Lori went to public school for 12 years. 12. Years.  And we all know she's nuts.  Not saying I believe her nonsense about public school = mentally ill, but we do have Lori.

Her children also did some time in public schools  -- are they only a little mentally ill?  

I'm a proud public school/ pubic university grad and as far as I can tell I'm not mentally ill.  At least i don't think so.....?  Hmmm ......... maybe thinking I don't have problems means that is my problem?

Maybe I need therapy with the godly older mentor = Lori Alexander who is a monster.

Edited to add:  I deep cleaned the bathrooms on Saturday morning.  Obviously I, a non-Christian Catholic, did them All. Wrong.  I should have waited for Lori's video so I could do it right.... and Christian-ly.

Although if I follow her "Christian Bathroom Cleaning" instructions, and I'm not her kind of Christian -- is it all for naught?  Is the essential component the "Christian" part? The sacred magic Norwex cloth?  How will my baths ever be Christian-ly clean without knowing the answers.  

I am distraught.  Oh wait ...... maybe that's the sign of my public school-induced mental illness

Daily.Mail. Is.not.a.reliable. Source. Of.information. No real citations, no links to studies that I could see. This is how misinformation regarding mental illness gets spread around. The development of mental illness is often more complex than that. And since when did I'm gonna delete the suicide hotline number Lori give a flying flip about mental illness? 

16 hours ago, Koala said:

I truly hope she is kidding, but she's written before about not exercising and being moderate in exercise, so I don't know.  Either way...my God...What is her problem?

I assume this is less about exercise and more about the fact that Alyssa is into physical fitness and activity. Alyssa probably said, "Mom, why don't you get off the computer for a while and come jog on the beach with me?" This would be Lori's passive-aggressive stab at her  beautiful and happy daughter.

Also the irony of these posts about mental illness is that both of her daughters struggled with disordered eating, correct? Eating disorders and disordered eating are often highly connected to anxiety, body dysmorphia, OCD behaviors, depression etc, highly controlling parents and personal control issues etc.

So Lori, with all her "awesome" parenting managed to have children who probably struggle with some sort of mental illness. I don't look down on her kids at all and if they do struggle that's such a hard thing to deal with. I mean I counsel people, so I have a great deal of compassion in that regard. It looks like they're trying to move forward in the best way they can. However, I can't see both Lori and Ken's ignorance of mental illness as being helpful to their children. 

A phys ed teacher at my Toastmasters chapter once gave a speech about why aerobic exercise is good for you:  The heart is a muscle, and aerobic exercise strengthens it. Sorry to be quoting something logical.

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

So Lori, with all her "awesome" parenting managed to have children who probably struggle with some sort of mental illness. I don't look down on her kids at all and if they do struggle that's such a hard thing to deal with. I mean I counsel people, so I have a great deal of compassion in that regard. It looks like they're trying to move forward in the best way they can. However, I can't see both Lori and Ken's ignorance of mental illness as being helpful to their children. 

Given Lori's lack of compassion and extremely poor understanding of godless heathens normal human beings, I kind of want to congratulate her children for everything good that they have within them.  They certainly didn't get much goodness from their mother.  

Public school kids at least get to leave their homes, go and see friends etc far more than many of our isolationist fundies. Prisoners is a better way to describe the Maxwell kidults and the Shupes (pre public school) than the average public schooler. 

Reader:

One question though: the article talks about ‘public schools’. What is your opinion on Christian schools?

Lori:

I don't believe they're much better since most "Christian" children watch garbage on TV, listen to garbage music, and see garbage on their smart phones then share it with those who don't.

Now she's using quotation marks for Christian children:?

9 hours ago, fluffy said:

Today Lori posted a video of long and detailed instructions on how to clean the bathroom. It was made by a woman who Lori "liked a lot more when I thought she was Christian. : - (

Where is this video posted? I didn't see it....need a few laughs...Monday....lol 

10 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Reader:

Lori:

Bullshit. Homeschoolers do the same thing. 

Reader:

One question though: the article talks about ‘public schools’. What is your opinion on Christian schools?

Lori:

I sent my kids to public and Christian schools, and they all walk with God!  This is a decision between a husband, his wife, and God.

Totally kidding!  Lori would never say any such thing!  

Lori:

I don't believe they're much better since most "Christian" children watch garbage on TV, listen to garbage music, and see garbage on their smart phones then share it with those who don't.

Now THAT'S Lori.  You can tell by the way she calls the salvation of children into question.  

Hey Lori, when you say garbage tv, do you mean something like this:

When I was a young mother, I would watch several soap operas

When Alyssa, my oldest, was five years old and no longer took naps, she began watching them with me. 

Is it children from ungodly homes like that, that you're referring to?  If so, I totally understand! (I saw those quotes on a blog belonging to a woman who claims that she's "Christian" and "godly", but we obviously know better, right!?!)  I mean what kind of mother does that?!) 

But back to what you were saying...you definitely wouldn't want your kid spending their days with a 5 year old who watches soap operas.  Totally agree.

:roll:

12 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Just saw your post.  Seriously, what is her problem?  Pretty much everyone is a "Christian" to Lori.  

There are 2 sides: Lori and everyone who agrees with everything she says/obeys her every command.  And then there's "Christians".

It never fails to make me laugh-every time Lori makes a Facebook post shamelessly begging for more 5 star reviews for her book, there is at least one comment "I didn't know you wrote a book!" :pb_lol:

I REALLY need to get on the stick and get a review written. (I bought a book, so it'll be VERIFIED).

Lori did reply to the teacher and called herself a veteran school teacher. But she also mentions that she couldn't point them to Christ. Why not? You might not be able to verbally do so but actions speak louder than words. I don't alway use the Bible with my clients but I still hope to minister to them in other ways by listening to them and having empathy. Those things can leave a lasting impact on people. 

11 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lori did reply to the teacher and called herself a veteran school teacher. But she also mentions that she couldn't point them to Christ. Why not? You might not be able to verbally do so but actions speak louder than words.  

If a woman can win her husband to Christ 'without a word,' why can't a teacher do the same for a child?  Aren't ALL things possible with Lori's god?  

A veteran School teacher!!!! LOL, that takes the cake. 

She taught for 2 years and she is a veteran of the field!!!

33 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

A veteran School teacher!!!! LOL, that takes the cake. 

She taught for 2 years and she is a veteran of the field!!!

She didn't even teach long enough to get tenure (3 years in VA, not sure what it is in California), so I'd hardly call her a 'veteran.' :laughing-rolling:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived