IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

Someone or Karla responded to Lori here but when you click on replies it all disappears. Did anyone catch it?karlajo.thumb.PNG.139569f2a0ca6613119a0987d9eb34be.PNG

ETA--- ooops nevermind, its back now...here it is. But may be gone soon, I think she is wavering on what to do. 

karlajo2.thumb.PNG.198cb8fb1025b3828889abe1a939e01c.PNG

Here is her response to Karla. 

Nice try at deflection! She is basically like "it wasn't me" by saying "its not just me". Someone has to speak out! But that misses the point Karla is making. You can speak out and be more gracious at the same time.karljo3.thumb.PNG.9cc138b6fb052486ea5d39c0c2614e28.PNG

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And once again there are replies under her Voddie quote but the go poof. Will keep checking. 

She has really lost it about public schools...if I wasnt blocked from her on social media, I would certainly ask her if she is going to check the credentials of all the medical staff that treats her.  I am sure she wouldn't want any care from a mentally ill, working mother would she?  Like I say, they don't want to know about public schools because it doesnt fit their narrative of fear and condemnation.  

What a great loving response to a woman who sounds like she has very good reasons to divorce! I wish I was so thoughtful! ~pure snark~ 

image.png

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

If a woman can win her husband to Christ 'without a word,' why can't a teacher do the same for a child?  Aren't ALL things possible with Lori's god?  

This.  A thousand times this!

regarding the military wife with 7 kids under 7...

she'd be looked at REAL funny and there are few, if any, other military wives who would help her. First, it's often said jokingly, but it's so true..."if the (insert service here) had wanted you to have a wife and children, they would have issued them to you in boot camp". Next, most military spouses are just trying to cope while the servicemember is deployed. ALL the shit hits the fan the minute that damn boat pulls out (I had a car shit out on me trying to leave the base after seeing him off). Deployments SUCK. Pay problems, every fucking thing you own breaks down, kids get sick, you get sick, all kinds of shit happens. Then there's the REALLY FUN one (that thank God I never had to experience), an outconus PCS while he's riding the boat over (friend had to do a PCS to fucking Yokohama Japan with a middle schooler and a toddler by herself). 

Bitch, get that shit tied off...quit breeding. 

The article referenced today is a regurgitation of an article a few months back about the same woman- Lori referenced it then. Contrary to Lori’s belief, the author supports a year of paid maternity leave. 

Regarding the suggestion that single women help mothers of small children- with what, exactly? And why? Would those single women be paid for their service? I can’t imagine making that choice and then crying about the fact that everyone around is too busy to help me. 

Frankly as a single woman, I can't imagine just going to help with babies randomly. My mom ran church nursery for a while and I never really volunteered. I never really babysat either, I mowed during the summer instead. Just wasn't interested in that sort of thing. Okay, If I had time I might help a friend out with their kids or do an errand for them but someone with 7 kids under 7? Why would someone do that to themselves? And whatever happened to not letting strangers around your children? 

A cool thing to do, is to only have the number of kids you can take care of.  Then you don't have to get upset when the other women in your life pursue a career.

I looking at Zsu's blog and FB the other day.  She now has so many children, that she is GIVING them to her other kids to raise. One of her daughters takes care of Chloe, and another has been assigned to Peter.  It's absurd.  Go look at her FB cover picture.  Baby Chloe is 3 kids away, on her sister mom's hip.  Zsu doesn't even pretend like she's hers.

Same for Baby Peter.  She had to have his sister mom record her voice singing a lullaby, because Zsu literally can't calm her own baby.  He doesn't know who she is, and he wants his real (sister) mom!

She was always a horrible person, but at least at one point she was taking care of her own babies/actively homeschooling/making special crafts for them.  She knew them.  She cared for them.  Now?  She just produces them, and passes them off to the next daughter in line for a baby.  Boaz is the last child she will ever raise herself.  He's her baby (in fact, in the picture she's holding his hand, and ignoring Chloe).

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift, but it ties in with all of these bizarre expectations women put on other women to raise their kids.

Reader:

should a mother home school her child at kindergarten age and send him or her off to school after that.

Lori:

Not if she wants to raise the children in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord and be the one who influences them towards godliness. If she wants these things for her children, she needs to keep them AT HOME with her all of their childhood.

Lori has said before she was a great mother.  Actually, she's said it several times.  I am certain that she believes that a "good mother" raises her kids in the "nurture and admonition of the Lord", however, she used nannies, public school, and private school to care for/educate her children.  

Since she is now saying that these things are mutually exclusive, I think she needs to admit that she did not raise her own children in the "nurture and admonition of the Lord".  She needs to further admit that she didn't influence them towards godliness.  How could she?  She didn't keep them "at HOME with her all of their childhood".

But she would NEVER say that!  She brags about how all of her children walk with God.  She only applies that standard (burden) to other mothers.  If she really believed it, she'd apply it to herself.  

Lori WANTS women to feel shame and guilt.  I once saw her ask a reader when shame became such a bad thing.  Makes sense- she's an expert at inflicting it upon others.

Here's another question.  Would Lori say that (what she calls) immodest women are "walking with God"?  I highly doubt it.  If not, how can she say her daughter "walks with God"?  She breaks every.single.one of Lori's rules.  

Let's face it.  Lori writes these rules for other people.  She'd never labor under the burden of them.  What is it she said to a reader once?  "Nobody puts baby under the law".  <---yes, puritanical Lori made a reference to Dirty Dancing.

This is gone now, for obvious reasons:

Hi, just wondering. Please don't block. I enjoy hearing from a lady in your 70s. But according to your logic, working mothers and public schools produce mentally ill children. Have you checked that your doctors, those at produce your food, make your cars, etc., did not attend public or private schools, because according to you, they'd be mentally ill. Are any of your doctors women, because they'd have mentally ill children? How can you perpetuate the system, by being treated or using services maintained by working women? How do you justify all this?

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

My mom went to work full time, when I was in high school because my dad got sick. My younger brother and I both graduated from public school and we are both mentally okay. Public schools aren’t as evil as she makes them out to be. If a parent does their job as a parent most kids will be okay in public school. You have to do what works for your family when it comes to schooling. And how mentally stable is she? She can’t take negative reviews or comments that disagree with her views, even if they are right and she is wrong. 

And I get SO TIRED of the add/adhd argument, DOCTORS, not teachers, diagnose these and the PARENT decides whether or not they medicate.  This is not to start a debate about this but they are just so misinformed.  It kills me that these are the same people who hit toddlers for not sitting in an hours long church service but condemn families, teachers and doctors for making joint decisions to help a student.  And to just label ADHD as not being able to sit still is so not what it is.... okay rant over.

6 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

And I get SO TIRED of the add/adhd argument, DOCTORS, not teachers, diagnose these and the PARENT decides whether or not they medicate.  This is not to start a debate about this but they are just so misinformed.  It kills me that these are the same people who hit toddlers for not sitting in an hours long church service but condemn families, teachers and doctors for making joint decisions to help a student.  And to just label ADHD as not being able to sit still is so not what it is.... okay rant over.

YES! I was just thinking about the whole sitting in church thing. People have spent hundreds of years expecting kids to sit silently in church. So what's different about school? 

She went back and posted the last Karla reply. I think she immediately deletes when she sees them then Ken might tell her to put it back up. Here is her response now.

karlajo5.thumb.PNG.5ff4cf416e586fba8f31edec762a6c7e.PNG

I can't even. As a apparently "heathen" public school teacher, what the hell does she think we do all day?

I teach English. So I teach reading and writing. That's it. I'm not endorsed to indoctrinate or teach devil worship....

5 hours ago, teachergirl said:

She has really lost it about public schools...if I wasnt blocked from her on social media, I would certainly ask her if she is going to check the credentials of all the medical staff that treats her.  I am sure she wouldn't want any care from a mentally ill, working mother would she?  Like I say, they don't want to know about public schools because it doesnt fit their narrative of fear and condemnation.  

I would love if it someone asked her about checking credentials of medical professionals that she deals with. She would probably delete a comment like that right away.  Lori should also be asking about the credentials of people who work in law enforcement and emergency medical services. Plenty of people working in those professions attended public schools.   I wish Lori would stop talking about public schools and mental illness topics. She pulls shit out of her ass on those topics and it's dangerous that people buy into the shit she posts on social media.

Oi. Lori. YOU SENT YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL. You didn’t (and still don’t let’s be honest) practise what you preach. So shut the fuck up.

Hello.  New to the Lori thread.  I just happened on her FB page after first happening onto the Lori 2.0 snark page.   Was not raised as a Fundamentalist Christian.    So while many of you can relate to the "teachings" of wifely submission/perfect homeschooling mother/cheery home she is dredging up, I have nil experience there. 

Three words:    She frightens me.

Ok, I hate to admit it but I found that Mormon bathroom cleaning video helpful. She seems to be way too excited about cleaning but still good tips. I’m short so I tend to forget the high spaces. I also don’t dust or vacuum my bathroom....maybe time to start. Mostly I do quick cleans.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived