IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Wait, doesn't cheese sometimes CONTRIBUTE to constipation? 

Not if it's Godly cheese.  

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

How on earth can a single grilled cheese sandwich cost $35?  I can't watch Lori without a visceral negative reaction. 

Grilled cheese grease as hand lotion!!!???!!  Lori is disgusting and filthy.

Take note Ken -- That is who is fixing your meals -- a woman with grilled cheese grease all over her hands.  Think about that before you take your next bite of "big salad."

I kid you not!  She literally stops and rubs it over her hands like lotion.  Says she always does it.  

I am just trying to picture her, sitting in a nice restaurant, rubbing the damn grease on her hands.  No napkins needed!

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori.  Get off your ass, go for a run.  Drink a fucking beer.  Drink water!  COOOOOKK YOUR FOOOODD!  woo saah.  In the process of watching (listening to) said video.  

I am by no means the one to pick on someone's eating habits (I eat like a 10 year old), but damn.  For someone who eats soooo healthy and spends so much money on food and supplements why on Gaia's green Earth has she had so many damn internal issues????  I guess none of that matters because she's thiiinnn.  **head tilt, blink blink**  :headdesk:

I don't watch her videos, it's like this weird boundary I've set for myself lol. But rubbing grease on her hands? What does she use to cook with? Sure if I'm using coconut oil and I have a tiny bit left from a spoon I was using to dish it out with, I would I rub it on my hands. However, the spoon is clean, my hands are clean, and it's not used coconut oil.  I've worked at a restaurant so I'm pretty good with not cross contaminating crap. But ew just ew. 

20 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I'm so sorry that happened to your granddaughter! That asthma is nothing to mess with and can complicate even mild illnesses; but whooping cough? That had to be a nightmare. I hope she's made a full recovery. 

Thank you!  We’re about 7 months down the line and she’s doing ok. Her asthma is still a little erratic but it could have been so much worse! 

Im glad your son was ok, it’s such a scary thing. When Grandbean first started with the whooping, we went into full panic mode.

It’s frustrating that it’s so preventable. I don’t know about the US, but childhood vaccines are covered by the NHS and every citizen can access them. There’s simply no excuse, it’s just pure selfishness 

Hahaha this is all making my day, the details of the video. I think her constipation issues are more because of that stick up her ass than anything else.

7 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Thank you!  We’re about 7 months down the line and she’s doing ok. Her asthma is still a little erratic but it could have been so much worse! 

Im glad your son was ok, it’s such a scary thing. When Grandbean first started with the whooping, we went into full panic mode.

It’s frustrating that it’s so preventable. I don’t know about the US, but childhood vaccines are covered by the NHS and every citizen can access them. There’s simply no excuse, it’s just pure selfishness 

Medicaid here in the US still covers recommended vaccinations. There was a federal program in the late 90s that provided Hep A and B vaccinations in some public schools. The parents just had to sign permission slips and the vaccines were free regardless of income.   My middle school had the program. I had a classmate whose parents didn't allow her to get the vaccinations. She never said why. My mom had a co-worker whose daughter attended a Baptist church where the pastor advised against vaccines and she went along with it. Her kids weren't vaccinated. This was in the early 2000s and I think it was incident of wacky pastor pushing things on his congregation. I haven't read or heard of other Baptist pastors pushing anti-vax.

I have a cousin who is a far left crunchy granola type and she has friends in that group who don't vax. My cousin's husband disagrees with that and they have argued. They married in their early 40s and decided not to have kids. Her husband once in a joking manner said something like "If we had kids, I would have had to fight D to vaccinate them".

Another thought I had about the vacs, if Lori thinks kids don't need them now because we are all much more sanitized as a society, well what if someone's kids wants to be missionaries in a third world country or what about in time of natural disaster? It seems so arrogant to think because I live in wealthy southern CA where things are fresh, my kids won't ever be surrounded by filth or disease.

@EowynW I got my roses today!  They are a mixture of yellow and peach.  No idea where I am going to plant them, but they're so pretty!!  Thanks for the great tip!

Back to today's post.  Lori says:

Did you know that the joy of the Lord is your strength? 

Would your children consider you a cheerful mother? 

Joy attracts people.

You have the power to build your home up with your cheerfulness or tear it down with your moodiness. It’s your choice.

Yes Lori, a reader said something similar to you just a couple of months back.

Reader:

we have to remember that just being home isn’t enough, being JOYFULLY at home is what makes the difference.

Lori's snotty reply:

I wasn't "joyfully at home" while I was raising my children because I was so sick...

Well then, you were tearing down your house weren't you?  Too bad, because it was your choice.  Remember, with God, ALL things are possible.  If you can pay your bills and feed your kids without a job, then you can certainly be joyfully at home during "sickness".  Especially if you're a "Christian" and a "godly woman".

Speaking of which- Lori has a reader going through a terrible divorce that she didn't want or initiate.  For a time, she ended up homeless with 2 children.  According to Lori, that can't happen, because God provides what he commands for (a sahm).   

Funny that when she mentioned it, Lori didn't seem surprised at all.  It seems that her insistence that you don't have to work to eat, comes from a place of privilege/ignorance/and wanting to be right.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with reality, and the very real and horrible situations her readers can end up in if they take her beyond foolish advice.

I wonder if she will delete this from her blog:Katie says:

March 2, 2018 at 8:25 am
Oh, how I would LOVE to homeschool. My husband is against it as he fears the education would not be the best. It doesn’t help that he sees my sister homeschool Who allows her children to use the answer sheet for tests and fudges their grades for the district. I am just quiet and submissive and don’t bring it up.

Luckily, we moved to where there is a great school that is small and intimate. My children have not had to deal with the bad stuff I read about from other public schools. And their teachers love them. I went to public school and I still lco God with all my heart.

Also, we do not do sleepovers. Growing up, I was not allowed, neither are my children

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

Speaking of which- Lori has a reader going through a terrible divorce that she didn't want or initiate.  For a time, she ended up homeless with 2 children.  According to Lori, that can't happen, because God provides what he commands for (a sahm).   

Funny that when she mentioned it, Lori didn't seem surprised at all.  It seems that her insistence that you don't have to work to eat, comes from a place of privilege/ignorance/and wanting to be right.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with reality, and the very real and horrible situations her readers can end up in if they take her beyond foolish advice.

@Koala   I saw thatt also.  Lori  just ignored the "homeless" part ... and didn't that same woman say she had to get a job?   I dont understand how Lori can still believe, with all the evidence in front of her (even her own followers) ... that say they  have to work to eat,  pay the billls ... and yet ... she remains in staunch denial. 

Actually, I dont understand her whole shtick with staying home being Godly.  You do what you have to do in life and very often that means you have to work.  I mean what does she think those cashiers are doing .. enjoying that job?  They are doing it because they have to.  I guess if you never had to work to pay the bills, put clothes on your back and eat, you dont get it.

What is Godly anyway?   With Lori it boils down to 4 or 5 things:  1) Submission  2) Staying Home, cleaning, cooking, etc.    3) Reading the Bible but not really reading for uderstanding.   4) Training UP you children   .... all, when you really thinkg about it .. all about HER and HER life. 

How is she helping anyone?  How is she following Jesus?  Funny that. Isn't that what Christians are really called to do:   You know:  give to the poor, help them, work in a shelter or a bread line.  Give away  your worldy goods ...  help people.    LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR ... one of the two greatest commands and every single day Lori is breaking them.  We all break them, but she is really, really consistent about it. 

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@smittykins, thank you so much for finding that! Important words I tried to live by.

Here it is in her own voice:

ETA: In another of her more serious pieces, she recounts how she used to threaten her kids with "Wait until you get into the real world"; as it turned out, they experienced it sooner than she thought(one of her sons was mugged in a movie theater restroom during a Disney film, her other son had his bike--bought with his own money--stolen, and the cops were like "Too bad,  you should have locked it up," and one of her daughter's friends was killed by a drunk driver).

The voice I frequently have in my head is my dad's and he's laughing.  He was a huge joker.

I love that Bombeck story!

I didn't cook today, either. I had the day off and hubs wanted to go out for lunch. Which was very filling so I'm not cooking dinner tonight, either!

Who wants to be married to someone who is faking it? Pretending to live up to an unrealistic set of rules? 10 mins and lube? No thanks!! I would rather have real emotions. Who's kids are perfect? I am not perfect, why should my kids be?  BTW I didn't cook tonight either, we had Chinese take out and the adults had beer. It was delicious.

Lori has a new photo up.

5a99f8e804037_ScreenShot2018-03-02at5_20_30PM.png.c0ef0de8d7f54ba1077306d1a5409abf.pngThe first thing that came to mind was, "Have you flicked your granddaughter's cheek yet, Lori??  

I'm headlining this photo... 

"Insane, Unstable Grandmother Kidnaps Granddaughter!!  Known Child Abuser Presents As Doting Grandma!!".

In her "Youtube", Lori's crowing about helping her daughter after the baby was born.  

You'll excuse me if I struggle to imagine Lori being any help to anyone.  This is the woman who, when faced with evacuating her own house during a fire, had to call her son-in-law for help.  It seems she didn't understand that she should gather her purse and any important documents, and walk out the door.

What to pack? 

I went up into my room and grabbed a bit of my lotions, makeup, toothbrush, socks, and clothes.

Because nothing is more useful than lotion and make-up, in the wake of a fire.  She should have just grabbed a slab of butter.  Then she'd have had something to cook with AND a moisturizer. :roll:

I do wonder what she did to "help" Cassi.  She was very active on her blog and FB the entire time, so I am thinking not much.

Maybe something like- "Cassi, I noticed you had some very ungodly food in the fridge.  I went ahead and put it in the garbage, so you might want to take out the trash.  Oh, and maybe run to the health food store."  *Hops online to monitor the chat room and remind them that she's "helping" her daughter.* 

1 hour ago, Carol said:

Lori has a new photo up.

5a99f8e804037_ScreenShot2018-03-02at5_20_30PM.png.c0ef0de8d7f54ba1077306d1a5409abf.pngThe first thing that came to mind was, "Have you flicked your granddaughter's cheek yet, Lori??  

I'm headlining this photo... 

"Insane, Unstable Grandmother Kidnaps Granddaughter!!  Known Child Abuser Presents As Doting Grandma!!".

Who could even think of flicking that sweet baby's cheek -- or any baby's cheek, for that matter? Not someone who has a good heart, imo...and I am convinced Lori does not have a good heart. Not at all.

I know I'm beating a dead YouTube here but damn. I try not to watch her videos because she irritates me but I was curious as to how grilled cheese could cure constipation. Spoiler: it doesn't. She shows us a giant fucking bottle of magnesium tablets. There's your answer.

I know I've said it before but it really is like listening to a preschooler talk. She has no breath control or inflection. She constantly gulps and smacks her lips. And there never really seems to be a point to what she says. She just rambles along, blathering about kefir and her sister and her stupid "cheese party" because god forbid she says wine. 

Lori's dumbass youtube is the epitome of bored, upper middle class, woo woo lady. It would be funny if she wasn't such a bitch. But at least now we know that she's literally and figuratively full of shit. I wish there was a sandwich that could fix her shitty attitude. 

6 hours ago, Liza said:

What is Godly anyway?   With Lori it boils down to 4 or 5 things:  1) Submission  2) Staying Home, cleaning, cooking, etc.    3) Reading the Bible but not really reading for uderstanding.   4) Training UP you children   .... all, when you really thinkg about it .. all about HER and HER life. 

Yeah. 

1) she didn't do this until relatively recently, and still seems not to do more than lip service when it comes to submission. 

2) after she conned her way into staying home, she had (and I believe still has) a housekeeper doing most of the actual "keeping" of her home. 

3) I'm not convinced she's read more than a small amount, all in the Old Testament as best as I can tell. She seems to rarely recognize scripture unless the chapter and verse is cited. 

4) well, I'm sure she did some of the discipline, but she also had a nanny to do a lot of the child raising. 

Wow, Lori doesn't seem all that Godly, according to her own standards!

18 hours ago, Liza said:

Well, when nothing else works, you can always invoke the Devil.   One of the fan girls actually said that she had wanted to work outside the home, but it must have been the "Jezebel" in her.  

Nothing says Jezebel like experimentation with... a regular paycheck!

I think a lot of these people are far overestimating how interesting most people's jobs are. Not to mention underestimating how many women can juggle the responsibilities of a job while still raising well-adjusted, happy kids.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Wait how do we know for certain that Lori lives in a million dollar home?

The house is valued at over $1 Million. We know their address because they use their real names and his company name. The company website lists the business address as his home address. Their house is a 5-6 bedroom, 3 bathroom home with over 3,000 square feet around San Diego.  

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah. 

1) she didn't do this until relatively recently, and still seems not to do more than lip service when it comes to submission. 

2) after she conned her way into staying home, she had (and I believe still has) a housekeeper doing most of the actual "keeping" of her home. 

3) I'm not convinced she's read more than a small amount, all in the Old Testament as best as I can tell. She seems to rarely recognize scripture unless the chapter and verse is cited. 

4) well, I'm sure she did some of the discipline, but she also had a nanny to do a lot of the child raising. 

Wow, Lori doesn't seem all that Godly, according to her own standards!

the proverbs 31 women had servants so she can too. 

14 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Lori.  Get off your ass, go for a run.  Drink a fucking beer.  Drink water!  COOOOOKK YOUR FOOOODD!  woo saah.  In the process of watching (listening to) said video.  

I am by no means the one to pick on someone's eating habits (I eat like a 10 year old), but damn.  For someone who eats soooo healthy and spends so much money on food and supplements why on Gaia's green Earth has she had so many damn internal issues????  I guess none of that matters because she's thiiinnn.  **head tilt, blink blink**  :headdesk:

I am literally gagging thinking about the smell of old grilled cheese grease on her hands combined with the chicken "juice" covered kitchen, salmonella dressing and that terrible smell old wet lettuce gets.  Her "health" and nutrition tips and ridiculously expensive scammy ingredients bother me as much as the religious stuff.  Maybe more.  Talk about easily deceived.

Re: slumber parties, we were always allowed to go as long as we could still go to mass.  So being picked up early on sunday morning or going saturday night before the party.  For years I spent every friday night at my best friend's house.  Wasn't allowed to date or wear makeup or go to regular parties until I was 16 but sleepovers with friends were fine.  The most "sinful" thing I remember happening was me accidentally flashing everyone in the pool - including the host's older brother - when wearing a slightly too big bathing suit that slipped down off my shoulders when I came up out of the water :my_blush:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived