IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, jerkit said:

Ken is lying or they no longer offer a homemaking degree at Biola: http://catalog.biola.edu/biola-university-undergraduate/majors/

I don't think she was a home ec major at Biola. She wanted to go to the Master's College and study home economics but her parents through that was an expensive school. Biola was also too expensive for a mere girl. So off to community college it was for Cassi. Both boys got to to go to BIola though. Cassi liked Biola, so it was not her decision to leave. She was unhappy at community college. Her parents suck. They have plenty of money and could have paid for her education. Biola would not be my cup of tea, but that's not the issue. Again, talk is cheap for Lori. She could have put her money where he mouth is. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fluffy said:

I don't think she was a home ec major at Biola. She wanted to go to the Master's College and study home economics but her parents through that was an expensive school. Biola was also too expensive for a mere girl. So off to community college it was for Cassi. Both boys got to to go to BIola though. Cassi liked Biola, so it was not her decision to leave. She was unhappy at community college. Her parents suck. They have plenty of money and could have paid for her education. Biola would not be my cup of tea, but that's not the issue. Again, talk is cheap for Lori. She could have put her money where he mouth is. 

It makes me angry that the boys were given much higher priority in terms of education. It must make Alyssa and Cassi mad, too. 

On top of having to leave a college she liked, Cassi also had to return home to live and "take care of" her mother. I imagine Lori was pretty lonely in an empty house with just Ken. Pretty convenient to find a reason to bring Cassi home

Cassi strikes me as a very beaten down and defeated person, not the type to defy her parents by, say, finding her own way to stay at BIOLA through loans and scholarships.

Remember, Steven and possibly Ryan were still at BIOLA at the time. How do you say to your daughter, "You have to come home because we don't want to pay the tuition, but your brothers can stay."

9 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Yoga retreat? As a student or instructor? How many days? If it is as a student, what do you learn?

I just left quilt retreat today. I made my own yoga bag. I'm so proud of myself! 

As a student. 4 days. Not sure what I’m going to learn! We’ll be doing a lot of yoga and meditation. It’s in Asheville, NC so hiking is definitely on the agenda as well.

Wow, I must be a slacker, because my husband and I fend for ourselves almost every night for supper. Last night I had leftover cheese ravioli with Alfredo sauce. I have no idea what he ate, because he’d already fed himself by the time I got home. Most likely something out of the freezer. At most, I cook twice a week, usually on weekends, and even then it’s just something like tacos or chicken nuggets.

This how we typically eat, even when I’m not 36 weeks pregnant and exhausted. I don’t really expect that to change once she’s here and old enough to eat with us, either. I realize there are freezer meals, crock pots, etc.  but...I guess I really don’t care about cooking.

Last night I made an absolutely KILLER chicken and corn chowder in the crock pot. Tonight is cheeseburgers, since Mr. Bonkers has been craving them. And he MIGHT be home at a decent hour. This new job requires some seriously long hours. He left the house at 4 this morning  (after taking a phone call at 1 AM) and he might get home by 7 PM if we are lucky. It's hard on the kids, too. (Thanks for letting me rant. <3)

Last night was cheesy hamburger macaroni casserole with a spinach salad and mint Oreos for dessert (I've been craving Oreos but couldn't have them for about three months, so it was time!). And because I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes but am ok with sauce form, I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced and it was going to be really soupy. So I pulled out about half of the "sauce" before the noodles went in and we now have fixings for another batch. Last night's will be enough for tonight's dinner (perfect since I'll be out late at my knitting group) and another small dinner or lunch. We tend to eat the same meal for 2-3 nights and sometimes there's enough to freeze too. I'm all for that. But our salads are always fresh (usually out of a bag). 

I think Friday will be pizza. For the first year or so of our marriage, Fridays were almost always pizza night. The low-carb thing really disrupted that but we have a break for a while, so are enjoying it. The kind that is one of our top two favorites at our favorite local place was discontinued more than a year ago, but it's back this month as a seasonal. We already had it on Tuesday, and plan on going several more times while it's available. Mmmmmm....pizzzzzzaaaaaa

I'm making homemade scalloped potatoes, princess cut green beans, and steak tonight.  Probably with homemade pepper sauce.  The potatoes are already in the oven and smell heavenly.  Tomorrow will be takeout or something easy from the freezer because I have a small medical procedure.  In the weekend I'll make mashed potatoes and belgian endive with ham for me and fish for him.  I'm also hoping to roast a small chicken and get chipotle chicken and rice, spaghetti with chicken and mushrooms, and a soup out of it for in the week.

I'm working on getting more vegetables into us, he only likes a select few and I have trouble digesting too much fiber.  I can blend up soup but I crave texture! (And now chicken and corn chowder :my_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, EowynW said:

IMG_2638.PNG

My MIL has been divorced twice. A more Godly woman I cannot name, except perhaps my Grandma. Her husband's sins against her (MIL) which caused divorce should not and do not have any bearing on her salvation. Attila's thinking is heretical.

As Lori's mother battles the final stages of a terminal illness, Lori has kindly written a post dedicated to all the things she did wrong as a mother.  

I have never in my life met a more graceless, tactless, "Christian".

And because that's not enough, she's taken to Instagram to imply that if you send your child to public school, you might as well "send them to the devil".  When a woman replies that her husband wants the kids in school, Lori offers to teach him through her blog.

Reader:

I'm trying, but they're in a charter school and my husband says no to bringing them home. So I pray...every single day I pray.

Lori:

is your husband a Christian? If so, ask him if he would be willing to read today’s post on my blog.

Dear Lori,

Why should her husband learn from a woman?  I thought you said that wasn't Biblical.  Don't you love obeying God and His Ways??  Have you been breathing the feminist air lately?

Why are you "gadding about" on the internet, minding this man's affairs?  If a wife shouldn't force her opinion on her husband, why should YOU force your opinion on her husband?  Please accept the roll God has given you, and see about getting Ken's breakfast.  After all, you're just an easily deceived female woman blogger.  Quite frankly, I laugh every time I see a woman wasting hours blogging on the internet.  You won't find THAT anywhere in the Bible, right?

In conclusion, I'll leave you with the words of a self proclaimed "Godly Mentor".  This woman is certain that she speaks for God, so I know you'll value her advice:

I don’t teach nor scold men since I am told to not teach men (1 Timothy 2:12). 

I am not supposed to teach men anything 

Kindest Regards, 

The Interwebz

13 hours ago, jerkit said:

My dog loves chicken breast more than any dog treats out there. Goes nuts for it!

My dog is a chicken junkie. Last night, she sat in the kitchen barking at the counter where the rotisserie chicken was. Sorry, Tip—no people food for you: it gives you agità.  Her prescription dry food is chicken-flavored, though.

On 2/28/2018 at 6:03 AM, EowynW said:

Lori is showing off her $10 cut flower arrangement. First, there are cheaper flowers out there. Second, for $13 I can buy a knockout rosebush that supplies me with pretty flowers all spring, summer and fall, for YEARS. Lori is doing frugal wrong. 2 out of 5 stars on today's attempt at frugality.  

I understand knockouts aren't the best for cutting, but they are hearty and easy to manage and bloom a ton. I own 3 and love all of mine and they make pretty informal mason jar bouquets. 

Wow, thank you! I had never heard of knockout roses before. I just looked them up! A loved one wants to plant a rose bush or two; I think we will look into this option further.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

IMG_2638.PNG

I believe this guy is divorced....I can kinda understand why now. There is a single verse mentioning childbirth and salvation that many aren't quite sure what Paul means. I don't recall anything that supports this guys claims. And as a single person It's not like I can pull a husband out of thin air to worship and serve him.

Honestly Attila, I think your brain is a bit narrow but that's really none of my business. Cheers  

I'm beginning to like this Rachelle person, she's putting people in their place. 

15 minutes ago, refugee said:

Wow, thank you! I had never heard of knockout roses before. I just looked them up! A loved one wants to plant a rose bush or two; I think we will look into this option further.

Same! 

I have never cared for rose bushes, but those are beautiful.  I have been on a planting spree, and now I am trying to figure out a place to plant one of those.  So pretty!

15 minutes ago, refugee said:

I love mine! I have a traditional, a double pink (Bubble Gum) and a yellow (Sunny.) This year as my Valentine's Day present I'm adding a Rainbow and then a Julia Child. The JC isn't a knockout but still is an easy care Rose for my area. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

As Lori's mother battles the final stages of a terminal illness, Lori has kindly written a post dedicated to all the things she did wrong as a mother.  

I have never in my life met a more graceless, tactless, "Christian".

And because that's not enough, she's taken to Instagram to imply that if you send your child to public school, you might as well "send them to the devil".  When a women replies that her husband wants the kids in school, Lori offers to teach him through her blog.

Reader:

Lori:

Dear Lori,

Why should her husband learn from a woman?  I thought you said that wasn't Biblical.  Don't you love obeying God and His Ways??  Have you been breathing the feminist air lately?

Why are you "gadding about" on the internet, minding this man's affairs?  If a wife shouldn't force her opinion on her husband, why should YOU force your opinion on her husband?  Please accept the roll God has given you, and see about getting Ken's breakfast.  After all, you're just an easily deceived female woman blogger.  Quite frankly, I laugh every time I see a woman wasting hours blogging on the internet.  You won't find THAT anywhere in the Bible, right?

In conclusion, I'll leave you with the words of a self proclaimed "Godly Mentor".  This woman is certain that she speaks for God, so I know you'll value her advice:

Kindest Regards, 

The Interwebz

Lori "you should submit to your husbands unless they disagree with my very rigid definition of Christian behavior. In that case you should be a passive aggressive Christian martyr to your sinful husband"

23 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I believe this guy is divorced....I can kinda understand why now. There is a single verse mentioning childbirth and salvation that many aren't quite sure what Paul means. I don't recall anything that supports this guys claims. And as a single person It's not like I can pull a husband out of thin air to worship and serve him.

Honestly Attila, I think your brain is a bit narrow but that's really none of my business. Cheers  

I'm beginning to like this Rachelle person, she's putting people in their place. 

I think I remember the “saved through childbearing” verse explained as women of Paul’s time being sustained through the dangerous process of birthing a baby, but I could be wrong.

p.s. Attila sounds to me like a monster.

Wait...what?  It’s so hard to tell with Lazy Lori’s theft of others’ writings, but, in today’s post, is it Wicked Michael Pearl saying that all of his children are happily married and none will ever divorce?  Because isn’t one of the godly Pearl offspring st least separate, if not divorced?

As for throwing her dying mother under the bus...that, my friends, is Lori Alexander in a nutshell. 

Now, even Christian schools aren't allowed.

Reader:

Kids shouldn't be in any school. Public, Christian etc. 

Lori:

I agree...

So:

For her kids, Lori used: a nanny, public schools, private schools, local universities, and Christian college 

Everyone else: Should homeschool, unless they want to send their kids to the devil (public school)

Got it.

I believe that the only way Lori can get away from no dealings with working women is to live off the grid:  grow her own food, kill for her own meat (ok, she'll probably expect Ken to do that), milk her own cow, grow her own cotton to make her own clothes, live in an abode where materials were not touched by women.  She can call around to find a doctor's office that does not employ women.  No electricity or running water for her, because those places employ women.   She can take medicines that are not packaged or managed by women.  Men only. Good luck with that Lori.  

She SEVERELY pushes my buttons more than any other fundie on FJ (aside from Jill Rod).  

But yesterday, for dinner, I cooked jerk chicken and veggies, but hubby prepped by cutting everything for me.  I pulled a muscle while running last week, and hubby was concerned that I'd overexert myself (yea, sounds funny that I'd overexert myself cutting up food, but I didn't mind the help or conversation last night).  In Lori's mind, would that be acceptable, a husband helping their spouse when they're injured?   

1 minute ago, HoneyBunny said:

As for throwing her dying mother under the bus...that, my friends, is Lori Alexander in a nutshell. 

Isn't it sad that she doesn't love obeying the verse about honoring your father and mother?  She must just hate God and His ways.  

51 minutes ago, Koala said:

Same! 

I have never cared for rose bushes, but those are beautiful.  I have been on a planting spree, and now I am trying to figure out a place to plant one of those.  So pretty!

They love sun. Mine are out in a lot 8 hours of Texas sun a day and are happy as can be. 

Pearl:

When you get 25 kids together, you have a complete representation of every kind of evil. And you’d better believe that kids love to share!”

What a lovely way to see kids, they all represent some facet of evil!

I also don't get what is suppose to happen to these kids when the become adults and have been so sheltered. Is mom suppose to live with them forever?

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived