IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

In  my part of the world , you only get paid when the show/ episode is actually aired. So for whatever reason , they decide not to actually air the part you are in, you get nothing . Maybe this is a factor to? Did they decide the whole nicu was bad for the brand or to personal? And now did not get any moneys for the birth filming etc? 

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marmalade said:

This is all in reference to Izzy's birth. He talked about how "they" made oodles of money off of it. They were no longer filming with TLC when Sammy was born.

Yes...that's why I'm wondering if he was bitching about Izzy's bill can you even imagine Sam's? And we know that there was no WM insurance (or probably any decent insurance) for the last birth.

The  Dullards were already not filming with TLC when Sam was born. They were on their infamous Babymoon when the rest of the cast filmed the "After Show." I am certain that this pertains to Izzy's birth.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But one still has to have a decent income to secure a mortgage.

Eh, the Vuolos (Sr) might have helped finance the entire purchase.

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The  Dullards were already not filming with TLC when Sam was born. They were on their infamous Babymoon when the rest of the cast filmed the "After Show." I am certain that this pertains to Izzy's birth.

Yes.

So when will he start bitching about the costs associated with Sam's birth? Izzy's would likely be very cheap by comparison?

What about this hypothetical

Derick admires JB immensely, prayer partners and all.

JB: "Come, marry my daughter."

Derick. "Your daughter's great, but we need to wait on marriage or at least on kids. I don't have enough money yet."

JB: "No, no, birth control is evil and get married now to avoid the temptations of the flesh."
Derick: "You're my mentor so ok, but how do I afford it?"
JB: "Just be a missionary. I've got you covered financially."
Derick: "Yay! I'll give up my job."
JB: "Perfect."
several years down the road

Derick: "Ok JB, I didn't use birth control and gave up my job like you recommended and now I'm broke. I need some money."
JB: "NO WAY! YOU UNGRATEFUL, GREEDY HEATHEN! You won't get a dime from me!"

Derick feels betrayed and honestly who could blame him?

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I honestly fear for Jill and the kids, and I wish divorce were an easier option for her.  She needs one, and I'm mad at this bullshit patriarchal system that has trapped her with an asshole like Derick.  

I really hope Derick doesn't snap completely . 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

touchdown.jpg.8ba90128e6d90d2c7fb1e6e36d6c4ec8.jpg

Looks like  God's Canadian .

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Dead dad, cancer mom, tough births, medical problems, frugly man bun, sick baby . . . does it mean that God is punishing you?

Don’t blame God for your frugly man bun, Derick. That one was all you. Maybe Satan installed a hairdresser in your heart.

I firmly believe Derrick is being intentionally deceitful. He's denying everything he's being accused of while offering no actual details to support whatever version he wants people to believe. This is what liars do. Even if he did not personally receive a check from the production company, he and Jill have most definitely benefited financially from the show. He may believe he deserves more, but they have been paid in free housing and probably had most of their bills paid by JB until very recently. Also, if it took them a year to pay off the medical bills, that is not that big of a deal. Either the bill was not that high (i.e, it was only co-pays after insurance paid a chunk) or they had a shitload of cash lying around already. Most people have to pay for their cars and student loans over several years. So, I'm unimpressed with the sob story about the one big bill these people have ever paid. I think the poster who mentioned the trust and how all the Duggar bills are likely paid out of it is probably mostly right. Derrick may have been recently cut off or cut himself off intentionally. Either way, he is lying if he's claiming he's never been paid anything even indirectly. That is very obviously false.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

"I had a great job..." Then why the fuck did you quit, you tool? 

He wanted to go on mission trips  vacations to save people  try to convert them to his beliefs.

1 hour ago, hasunah said:

Looks like  God's Canadian .

Santa is! God might as well be too! :P 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

So when will he start bitching about the costs associated with Sam's birth? Izzy's would likely be very cheap by comparison?

It may be the Sam expenses that actually are setting him off now.

Don't have kids you can't afford and if you can afford them, make sure you still have very good health and life insurance.  It is a verified fact that baby Jesus does not answer all prayers (aka "shit happens").

6 hours ago, sableduck said:

To be fair, I have mutual friends with the Duggars and more friends that are friends of close friends, like the Query’s.

They have always maintained the Duggar offspring wasn’t seeing the money, that it was all wrapped up in a family trust(presumably for tax purposes because JB is shady as hell).  Of course I have no way of proving this, but it’s been rumored for years.

I think derek has a lot of unresolved anger and issues.  But it’s at least plausible.

Is anyone else waiting for the day shit rains down upon JB for his shady finances?

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

that is a good one! Or maybe He is more of a tennis fan? 

I was thinking he’d be more of a quidditch fan.

And the whole believing Gd made your team win thing. Ugh. I wouldn’t want to pray to a Gd that lets children across the world starve and be sold into slavery but intervened so some sports team could win a game.

15 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Santa is! God might as well be too! :P 

But didn’t Putin say the North Pole is part of Russia? Wouldn’t that make Santa Russian?

And echoing the confusion over the show being a volunteer gig when he claims he’s been gainfully employed or in school since he was 5.

2 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

But didn’t Putin say the North Pole is part of Russia? Wouldn’t that make Santa Russian?

Um Putin is wrong, Santa's Postal Code is H0H 0H0, that's Canadian! :P Putin's just mad because he's on the naughty list and Canada has already told him to get away from our north. lol. 

So I'm a little confused. If the show money is going into a trust controlled by JB, I understand how it could work on 19Kids when they were focusing on the whole family, and even why their adult children may have agreed to "volunteer" on the show, given that all three kids who got married during 19kids (Josh, Jill, Jessa) moved into housing that was JB owned. But I don't get how that kind of arrangement wouldn't need to be renegotiated when the show became Counting On, seeing as the Duggar parents and little kids weren't going to be featured. Maybe someone who knows more about how this works could explain it to me? Like if all the show money is still going into a trust, would that be because they renegotiated it and the adult marrieds/ kidults somehow agreed to this or because it's still being produced by Figure 8 so no renegotiation was necessary?

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

"our north"

Very few countries would ever claim that terrain.  I'm suddenly convinced that only Canada can stop Putin.

I thought God is an Englishman.

If Derick never got paid, how did they afford to travel back and forth to Scary America? Izzy was old enough to need his own seat. That can't have been cheap.

9 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Very few countries would ever claim that terrain.  I'm suddenly convinced that only Canada can stop Putin.

Please do before Trump tries to sell America to him.

Is there any chance only Jim Bob gets paid by TLC and he dols out money as he sees fit? That seems very JB like to me.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

So sad we won’t be able to follow along on this riveting outing via Counting On. I know how much we all enjoyed watching the Duggars go to various medical appointments. :pb_lol:

(But seriously, I’m glad to see confirmation that these boys see a Doctor - even if it’s not on a regular basis. And despite how awkward she can be and how she has made some poor parenting choices over the years, I’m also glad that Jill at least seems to love her sons and that they seem relaxed with her.)

Sam looks like he is giving side eye. Can't blame him. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Except Derick said they paid the last bill about a year later.

OH MY GOD. Seriously? He is complaining about a NICU bill he paid off in a year?? Shit. Our NICU bill will be paid off when our twins are 16. 

He's complaining about Jill's c-section bill with Izzy, which would have obviously been a lot less than what we found out was the two week NICU stay with Sammy.

I wonder when he'll start bitching about THAT bill. Derelict was between "jobs" last July, but they still seemed to have residual funds from SOME source to pay their bills. We don't even know if he's getting paid by Cross Church in some scrub role, offsetting that $12 grand of tuition he somehow managed to pay, despite the failed Go Fund Mes. 

eta: The topic of this thread should really be entitled: "Making LIFE Look Complicated." Let's face it, one of them seems to muck it up on almost a daily basis. 

6 minutes ago, twinmama said:

OH MY GOD. Seriously? He is complaining about a NICU bill he paid off in a year?? Shit. Our NICU bill will be paid off when our twins are 16. 

I think he's referencing Izzy's bill. Not sure if Izzy had any Nicu time, but we do know, per Derick's words that Sam spent 2 weeks in the Nicu.  If DD hasn't received or opened his bill for Sam, who spent 2 weeks in the Nicu, I'm thinking he's only going to get angrier.

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

He's complaining about Jill's c-section bill with Izzy, which would have obviously been a lot less than what we found out was the two week NICU stay with Sammy.

I wonder when he'll start bitching about THAT bill. Derelict was between "jobs" last July, but they still seemed to have residual funds from SOME source to pay their bills. We don't even know if he's getting paid by Cross Church in some scrub role, offsetting that $12 grand of tuition he somehow managed to pay, despite the failed Go Fund Mes. 

Let's all say it together, Apparently, Derick is not smart with money or other life altering decisions.

I think the saddest thing about Derick's latest behaviors/words is that he could have been the bigger man. He could have quietly secured employment and housing, established a life and walked away from the show. He could have come out looking like a Saint of a husband, father and person, so much better than JB, but NOOOOOOOOOOO Derick had to go asshat instead. It's too bad as no matter what, Derick and his little family are now the losers. 

Derick, more people relate to a man who protects and supports his family above all else. And nowhere in the Bible did God suggest that being a lazy sloth and asshat to others as a goal or path to his Kingdom.

Walk away, dude. Get a job and walk away from your current tactics- 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived