IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

40 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Putin can gtfo with that crap. SANTA IS OURS!!!

If Putin is trying to steal Santa, does that make him the Grinch? 

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I hope he steals Trump.

Oh. Wait. Guess he already did... :/

53 minutes ago, pandora said:

So I'm a little confused. If the show money is going into a trust controlled by JB, I understand how it could work on 19Kids when they were focusing on the whole family, and even why their adult children may have agreed to "volunteer" on the show, given that all three kids who got married during 19kids (Josh, Jill, Jessa) moved into housing that was JB owned. But I don't get how that kind of arrangement wouldn't need to be renegotiated when the show became Counting On, seeing as the Duggar parents and little kids weren't going to be featured. Maybe someone who knows more about how this works could explain it to me? Like if all the show money is still going into a trust, would that be because they renegotiated it and the adult marrieds/ kidults somehow agreed to this or because it's still being produced by Figure 8 so no renegotiation was necessary?

Yeah I'm confused about this mess too. It just keeps getting cultier and cultier. Like a pyramid scheme with JB on the top and his brood of children, children in law, grand babies and someday great grand-babies making up the ever expanding base. 

Why is it so hard to figure out what/how these people are getting paid? It's all so shady.

You can look up JB's and therefore the families net worth (around 3.5 million when 19kac stopped), you can guesstimate that "they" are getting 10% of the production cost...$25 000 to $40 000...but who is they? Why on earth would the money for CO be going to and through JB unless he convinced them all it would be for the best? Even if they didn't have to renegotiate with figure 8 films...why wouldn't they? Wouldn't you feel entitled to an extra share if episodes based on you (your wedding or birth) received higher ratings (which is why there is a whole season of Jinger). Or would you feel it should go into the Duggar family pot for the infinite protection and benefit of all until you all get to heaven? And then the idea that JB made a corporation for the money and it's all tied up in holdings or whatever so it's not even accessible? We need a team of professionals (and I don't even know what types of professionals) to figure this out. 

New-ish tweet from DD: "Like I said, until recently, I assumed we were just volunteering to help out in filming where it would help out. I knew they didn’t owe anything, but I didn’t think it was unreasonable to request some expense reimbursement, under the impression we volunteered all that time."

Really?  I'm sorry, you are either dumb as a post or lying.  How does an accountant not ask questions about this?  I could see someone dating a Duggar being excited to appear on the show at first and not caring about getting paid, but surely you have a long chat with your fiancé about how it all works and what you can expect as far as access, time spent filming, and compensation.  

2 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

New-ish tweet from DD: "Like I said, until recently, I assumed we were just volunteering to help out in filming where it would help out. I knew they didn’t owe anything, but I didn’t think it was unreasonable to request some expense reimbursement, under the impression we volunteered all that time."

Really?  I'm sorry, you are either dumb as a post or lying.  How does an accountant not ask questions about this?  I could see someone dating a Duggar being excited to appear on the show at first and not caring about getting paid, but surely you have a long chat with your fiancé about how it all works and what you can expect as far as access, time spent filming, and compensation.  

Surely you ask when you have just had a baby by C/section and multi-staged oral surgery BEFORE you go ahead and quit that day job. So how did he think that he was going to support his family when he quit WM? By volunteering on The Duggars' TV show?

21 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I think Austin's dad trained him in flipping houses and had him help with building the camp and such from an early age. I doubt he picked up many (or any) actual skills directly from JB, but he probably still gets a lot of useless advice from him.

I picture a son in law thinking, "If he tells me to buy used and save the difference one more time, I'm gonna scream."

17 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I assumed we were just volunteering to help out in filming where it would help out.

What? How were they "helping out" with filming? By being filmed? But only "where it would help out". Like when a camera crew followed them to Napal for him to meet Jill, he was just "helping out with filming" to be helpful.  Or, Like how Sierra or Amy would help out with filming by being there when the cameras were (and then Amy helped out by letting them follow her to Nashville)? There were main story lines about the Dills....Jill's name was in the title of CO originally...how could he think they were volunteering? Nobody understands the words you are tweeting Derrick!

(Or, he and Jill really did let all the money go to JB without question, thinking they would always be taken care of and now he's realizing what he did.)

"l assumed we were just volunteering"

Well, we know Derick is a dumb shit but while I admit I know next to nothing about how TV networks pay reality show players, I find it hard to believe TLC didn't have some sort of contract with all people who did talking heads and were otherwise featured in episodes, if only to protect the network and its affiliates from later lawsuits for back compensation.  Even if they weren't paying the Dillards directly they'd want this spelled out in writing and probably insist on some waiver of liability language.   So I can't fathom why Derick would assume they were just volunteering.  

It's a really odd choice of words. Normally one would not "volunteer" to help a network.  However, they might volunteer to help out parents or in-laws from time to time.  

I don't know what the Wreck is going on about, but it's fun to imagine these really are mostly digs at Jim Bob.

56 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

You know you are killing me here with laughter, right? Thanks:my_heart:

And to Derick...he is sure making alot of assumptions is he not. Reality might bite you in the ass big time. What a mess. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

He's complaining about Jill's c-section bill with Izzy, which would have obviously been a lot less than what we found out was the two week NICU stay with Sammy.

I wonder when he'll start bitching about THAT bill. Derelict was between "jobs" last July, but they still seemed to have residual funds from SOME source to pay their bills. We don't even know if he's getting paid by Cross Church in some scrub role, offsetting that $12 grand of tuition he somehow managed to pay, despite the failed Go Fund Mes. 

eta: The topic of this thread should really be entitled: "Making LIFE Look Complicated." Let's face it, one of them seems to muck it up on almost a daily basis. 

How is Derick employed if he’s paying Cross Church to employ him/put up with him?

Jim Bob to young Derrick: "Hey prayer buddy, I think you'd be a great match for my daughter and I'd love to have you be part of our family which is also a ministry and a hit TV show and I also own several properties and am a successful business man. If you'd just take this questionnaire and then sign all these papers here to be on tv (don't bother with the fine print) than I'll take care of everything and you can court Jill and help out with our ministry by being on our show!"

2 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Jim Bob to young Derrick: "Hey prayer buddy, I think you'd be a great match for my daughter and I'd love to have you be part of our family which is also a ministry and a hit TV show and I also own several properties and am a successful business man. If you'd just take this questionnaire and then sign all these papers here to be on tv (don't bother with the fine print) than I'll take care of everything and you can court Jill and help out with our ministry by being on our show!"

Very possibly not far from the truth.

Er, uh, I can't believe I'm gonna say this....I've been hard on Derick in the past for sure, but hey man, good on you for at least not being afraid of speaking up. I know this barely counts as 'speaking up', but in Duggar world it is!

Two people on facebook (friends of a friend) are arguing about Trump and Russia, and one is insisting there is no collusion, Russia didn’t do anything, etc. and all I want to do is post that meme of Cathy. A lot of assumptions are being made here.  And the trump supporter made a comment about Trump being able to win again in 2020, and I want to say, “You’re assuming that Trump will still wants president in 2020.” Again, a lot of assumptions are being made here.

13 minutes ago, DaysAgo said:

I guess “not paying anyone” answers the question of, “Why does Counting On still exist if almost all the advertisers pulled out and can’t be making the network any money?”

Wow, some drama. Loving it. Not sure what to make of it, though. Can't wait to see if there's any response to Derick essentially alleging they were not getting a cut of that sweet TLC money?

While I think Jim Bob is shady when it comes to money, I don't believe Derick. He would have seen some TLC money. He is just being greedy, he had a job and insurance and if his insurance wasn't enough to cover all the costs then, his coverage wasn't then it's not TLC's problem. MTV didn't pay birth costs for the kids born on 16 and pregnant and none of the teenagers featured or their parents, if on their insurance have ever threatened to sue for medical bills. Derick chose to quit a job while he was paying that debt, his fault. 

If he did leave Jill it wouldn't be a bad thing, out of all the sisters she got the worst one, Derick has no redeemable qualities. 

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

While I think Jim Bob is shady when it comes to money, I don't believe Derick. He would have seen some TLC money. He is just being greedy, he had a job and insurance and if his insurance wasn't enough to cover all the costs then, his coverage wasn't then it's not TLC's problem. MTV didn't pay birth costs for the kids born on 16 and pregnant and none of the teenagers featured or their parents, if on their insurance have ever threatened to sue for medical bills. Derick chose to quit a job while he was paying that debt, his fault. 

If he did leave Jill it wouldn't be a bad thing, out of all the sisters she got the worst one, Derick has no redeemable qualities. 

MTV doesn’t pay birth costs but they seem to foot everyone’s rehab bill. Derick, you should try to get a show on MTV!

Also Derdick tried to wish everyone a Happy International Women’s Day...

Spoiler

046D2BA8-535F-48E5-B1CB-1AF09CF40228.thumb.png.4c395c20f83682188ce27f1d81921a86.png

It's not that I believe or even understand what D-Wreck is saying but I feel like if we sift through enough of his verbal diarrhea (much like Laura Dern in Jurassic Park standing next to the giant pile of dinosaur crap) we might find something useful in determining what the fuck is going on. We just need to run the right tests, he's giving all the samples.

26 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

How is Derick employed if he’s paying Cross Church to employ him/put up with him?

He claims to have a job, but he sure has a shitton of time to waste on twatter all day. I am sure he hangs out at the church all day, even when he doesn't have "class" there. Maybe he does odd jobs for them? 

That's all I can come up with without totally doubting the veracity of his claim. 

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

"I assumed we were just volunteering."

Didn't anyone ever tell him that when you assume things, you make an ass of you and me?I

To me, Derick seems very bitter and resentful.  Someone up thread said to follow the money, and sure seems like the issues Derick has are money=related.  I think he's not too bright.  But he has a degree in accounting. 

Do what responsible adults do Derick:  Get a boring job as an accountant, support your family as your father did, grow up and stop whining.  Be a good husband and father.  Get off Twitter, it's not working for you.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Five flips will give a good flipper a decent pile-o-cash. I know of what I speak (from a previous life as a flipper pre-market bust in 2008). I'm betting (hopeful!) that they're truly on their own, without support from JimBob - but possibly with their own payouts from being on the show/selling stories to People/etc.

Austins dad did a good job of making him flip 5 houses before marriage.  He can take care of Joy.  Joy stated she was stoked to be the first Duggar with her OWN home.  

I wonder if in lieu of having your house and bills paid under Duggar, Inc. they can get the monetary value.  Kind of reminds me of the movie "Cadillac Records".  Howlin' Wolf was the only guy getting paid cash money.  The rest had cars, houses and pocket money paid for and owned by the record company.   Other than that, those musicians were broke.  Not Wolf though, he was smart in his old truck that HE owned.

If we make the assumption that 19KC was like Jon and Kate Plus 8...how did Jon and Kate get paid? We know they made big bucks, but how was it paid out and what money, if any, went to the kids? I can't look right now, but I will try and dig through the old GWOP site and see what the consensus was. 

20 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Austins dad did a good job of making him flip 5 houses before marriage.  He can take care of Joy.  Joy stated she was stoked to be the first Duggar with her OWN home.  

I wonder if in lieu of having your house and bills paid under Duggar, Inc. they can get the monetary value.  Kind of reminds me of the movie "Cadillac Records".  Howlin' Wolf was the only guy getting paid cash money.  The rest had cars, houses and pocket money paid for and owned by the record company.   Other than that, those musicians were broke.  Not Wolf though, he was smart in his old truck that HE owned.

Joy isn’t the first Duggar to own a home though. Josh is. They transferred (or whatever) the property to someone else, but he and Anna did buy and own it. Joy is, however, the first Duggar sister to own a home. I believe that Jinger is the first to have her name on the deed and mortgage though, but I can’t be positive about that.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived