IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

8 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I was just going to say the same! (are you a Finn, too?)

It would be interesting to hear something from TLC, too. If they DID pay to Jill/Derdick, I would assume they had already said that, just to end Derdick's lies. But if they only paid to JB, maybe they aren't allowed to say that for privacy reasons? (I know nothing about US reality show contracts)

Yes, I am. I have been quiet here for a while now. Was part of the old board and here intermittently but as "small" humanitarian crisis landed in my lap in 2015 I haven't simply had time until I got ill last year. It took a while to reactivate my account.

17 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

There's a Santa's farm in Estonia, so... 
(But I've been there only in summer and don't know if it works during winter. Maybe it's Santa's summer holiday house.) 

That would be logical. Finns often have summer cabin somewhere and the Santa is Finn after all.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nowyn said:

There are a lot of important things to talk about in the beginning. The main one is this: you guys are nuts. Santa is neither Canadian nor Russian. He is Finnish and lives in Korvatunturi. Get your facts straight!

Pshhh, this is just propaganda. Finland doesn't even exist!

As for Derick, I'm definitely not a fan of the guy and I think he's at least being very misleading, but I think I believe him? I think, at least, that he believes he isn't lying. I can easily see Jim Bob being that controlling over the money the family makes.

34 minutes ago, Nowyn said:

That would be logical. Finns often have summer cabin somewhere and the Santa is Finn after all.

That maches what I was told about Santa as kid. That he lives in Finland with his wife and reindeers.
Our first family trip out of country was to Finland. I was disappointed that we didn't go to Santa's house, but we visited Mumins' land, so it was all right. 

As of Russia, Santa left it after Soviet Union banned Christmas and transferred his duties to Ded Moroz some years later. He has restored diplomatic relations with Baltic States (duh! He has house in Estonia!), but he doesn't feel welcomed in most of other former Soviet Republics. 
But he likes Canadians. Because who doesn't? If Europe goes back to Dark Times of Nazis and Communists, Santa will apply for asylum in Canada. 

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked this topic

Archived