IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

14 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The libertarian alt-Jesus policies that Derick claims to support are finally having an effect on him. The entire reason why the “reality” TV genre has flourished is because it’s so cheap, since you don’t have to pay unionized actors or writers......

Spot on!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just have a little rant about the "Two is for quitters" comment Derick made after Sam was born? It pissed me off at the time but it was one of those things where it annoyed me so much that I couldn't comment coherently and then of course it got superseded by all the other annoying things he does, so I moved on.

Your wife has just had her second difficult, traumatic birth in a row, Derick. She's at home feeling teary and emotional, full of hormones surging through her and with the burden of caring for a newborn just-out-of-NICU baby and a rambunctious toddler. There's no guarantee she'll ever mange to get pregnant again. There's certainly no guarantee that a third birth experience will be any better than the last two. She knows all of that and somewhere in the depths of her heart she knows that life isn't turning out the way she had planned and she feels like a failure.

How do you help her?

You don't even think of any of this, do you? you go on Twitter and boast that you'll be having more children, that two is for quitters. Because you're just that manly, I guess. And never mind where Jill is at, or what she thinks or feels. You selfish, thoughtless unmitigated ARSEHOLE.

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The libertarian alt-Jesus policies that Derick claims to support are finally having an effect on him. The entire reason why the “reality” TV genre has flourished is because it’s so cheap, since you don’t have to pay unionized actors or writers. Most aspiring reality stars are content to just have the opportunity to be on TV and have fifteen minutes of fame and are easily placated with small salaries when compared to those of unionized actors. Theoretically, this is what the alt-Jesus people want: “right to work” laws, workers having little say in what they are paid or what they do, and all bargaining power in the hands of employers. Billy Graham, for example, was notoriously anti-union and said that workers should just work an honest days’ labor and not stir up trouble. Now Derick is having to actually experience what it’s like to be a disposable worker with little rights and he doesn’t like it. I doubt he’ll change his views though, since he’ll just blame the “liberal media” for oppressing him.

This, this and this!

I do enjoy when assholes like Derick get their comeuppance, although I feel badly for the children, and to Jill to some extent because she is child-like in many ways.

From what little I've seen, I'm not sure Derick "gets" kids.  I remember last Christmas when he was trying to read the Bible about the birth of Christ to Israel.   Like any 2 year old, was bored and wriggling, and Derick showed actual irritation with the poor baby for not showing any interest in the friggin' manger.  

Wonder if Mommy will be coming to his social media rescue soon....

19 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe by "Jews who are not" he means Jews who are not Jesus, which is, you know, every Jew but Jesus. ??

LOL

My bad. I’m sorry I’m not Jesus, Jeremy. I guess this means you hate me.

19 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Well, People, TLC, and the Duggars acted like Josie was the first baby to ever need to be in NICU (and with all the cameras and people milling about to view the miracle child, the only baby in that NICU) and pimped her out like a prize pony the second she got scooped out of Michelle, so...

Yeah, I'm guessing that Jill and/or Derick and/or their midwife royally fucked up, causing the NICU stint; otherwise, Jill and Derick are addicted enough to attention that they'd turn Sam's NICU stay into the drama of the century. And somehow blame transgender people for Sam's medical problems, IDK. 

I don’t remember this, Josie was the only one in the NICU? But wasn’t she at a major hospital? Were the other babies kicked out for cameras?

12 hours ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Derrick's going to be the one to write the tell-all. Calling it now for bragging points.

Haha.  But he lies so much/spins the truth that could we believe anything he says?

10 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Well, well, well. Derick is giving us a little insight here. I'm sure there was a contract and TLC held up their end. When Israel was born dumbass Derick assumed all would go well and probably didn't even bother to have health insurance. How presumptuous to assume that TLC would out of the goodness of their corporate hearts decide to compensate him above and beyond any contractual arrangement. 

Corporations are people too!!  Have fun getting bitten in the ass by your beliefs, Derdick.

Derick is saying he and Jill never received payment for their part in TLC? 

6 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

My bad. I’m sorry I’m not Jesus, Jeremy. I guess this means you hate me.

I don’t remember this, Josie was the only one in the NICU? But wasn’t she at a major hospital? Were the other babies kicked out for cameras?

Haha.  But he lies so much/spins the truth that could we believe anything he says?

Corporations are people too!!  Have fun getting bitten in the ass by your beliefs, Derdick.

I think @nastyhobbitseslikely meant that they acted like she was the only baby there who mattered. I want to say they all crammed into the room for a visit, which would have been ridiculously overwhelming and distracting for other families there. I’m honestly shocked (and a bit disgusted) the Hospital would allow that to happen, but I very much doubt they’d evict any other NICU babies just to accommodate the filming. 

9 minutes ago, Bajovane said:

Derick is saying he and Jill never received payment for their part in TLC? 

If I understand correctly, he's only directly claiming that TLC would not assist with the expenses from Israel's birth and it took him a year to pay them off.  Boo fucking hoo.  Build a better contract next time, Bootstrap Boy.

He is also more indirectly implying that he was never  compensated for his TLC work, which is leading people to speculate that he had some sort of agreement with his father-in-law that all proceeds went to Jim Bob and he managed the family like a corporation.  Or a crime family.   He did benefit one way or the other though.  That McMansion was fancy and someone financed his fake mission trips to Scary America. 

I wonder if there is some sort of privacy clause in place stating the family can not divulge or receive money for a "Tell All". I think the only telling all happening will be on social media. If it comes from Derrick, it won't be reputable considering his strange interpretation of facts and events. 

I also wonder if the family still sees the show as a ministry despite the fact that they are now arranging and rearranging their lives to accommodate entertainment. 

I also wonder what encouraged all the transferring of property last year.

Then there is one final question that remains, if they're not making money off the show, why the heebs are they still on it??? All the grief can't be worth it.

I would guess TLC has some sort of clause, but I wouldn't anticipate a tell-all from the Wreck unless he and Jill get divorced or they otherwise make a clean break from her family.  Neither of which are likely to happen anytime soon.

Derick :pb_rollseyes:. I know it's easy to be deflect and pretend that TLC didn't pay you, but we all know that you didn't go on TV for giggles. Whether, it was paid out by JB or not the money still came from TLC. So bullshit! I think that Derick knew that they were going to get a lot less time on the show and that will mean that their "not TLC money" was going to be cut further and he started lashing out. 

Entitled spoiled brat! 

If Jim Bob is truly the one getting paid by TLC for Counting On (which stars several of his adult children and their spouses, not him), then these people are truly more screwed up than I ever imagined. But I don't want to go too far down that particular speculation trail, because there's really nothing to say that it's true. I'd be more inclined to think that Derick is lying, or that Jill got the money, or the money went into a trust for the Duggar siblings featured on the show rather than directly to JB. But I don't know. I actually think that it's a positive thing that Derick and his family left the show, but realistically, I think it's more likely that he was fired (or his role was reduced to the point where he got butthurt and "quit").

@JenniferJuniper

I think you're right but Derrick is already doing a social media tell *enough*. He is only going to get worse before he gets better.

Derrick is a wild card. His ego (or something) is bruised. He won't shut his trap. He keeps going on and on with some strange need to defend himself. Many who  follow this family seem to be waiting with baited breath for every crumb that trickles from his current instability. He is going to say SOMETHING of consequence before its all said and done. He is the new Josh.

Except, he can't be controlled. I am surprised they got him to step away from CA. I believe part of this spiral has to do with the fact that his toy was taken away. Jill knew he was an international type. She thought she could hang tough with him but discovered herself in the process. No doubt there is resentment there from both aides.

Derrick is going to keep acting out until he feels some type of score is settled. Wait and watch.

In the meantime I hope this couple gets therapy. I don't care if it is watered down. They need something! And I don't say it as a criticism. The pain is real and apparent with Derrick. Jill is still putting on airs as she was trained to do.

I'm sorry, but that's flipping crazy! If these two "volunteered" to put their lives on a reality TV show for nothing in return, they're nuts! And if that applies to the other couples on the show, they're all nuts. Are you really telling me that Jim Bob the great haggler wouldn't have had a major issue with that??? Even if he wasn't paid a cent, surely he would want his kids to be paid - it would lessen the financial burden on him. I just can't believe that they all agreed to do this for free. That's pure madness. And if the other couples were getting paid, why would Derick and Jill not be?

2 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

If this is true, they should sue whoever got the money.

IMG_2387.JPG

I do hate to say it but I kind of get it. He is still a jerk though. 

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The libertarian alt-Jesus policies that Derick claims to support are finally having an effect on him. The entire reason why the “reality” TV genre has flourished is because it’s so cheap, since you don’t have to pay unionized actors or writers. Most aspiring reality stars are content to just have the opportunity to be on TV and have fifteen minutes of fame and are easily placated with small salaries when compared to those of unionized actors. Theoretically, this is what the alt-Jesus people want: “right to work” laws, workers having little say in what they are paid or what they do, and all bargaining power in the hands of employers. Billy Graham, for example, was notoriously anti-union and said that workers should just work an honest days’ labor and not stir up trouble. Now Derick is having to actually experience what it’s like to be a disposable worker with little rights and he doesn’t like it. I doubt he’ll change his views though, since he’ll just blame the “liberal media” for oppressing him.

I guess he isn't praying hard enough? Either that or Jesus is sending a direct message, "get a job, you lazy bum." I love that the Dillards felt the $queeze of the co$t of that birth and hospital $tay. Reality bites and children cost a whole lot of money. He ain't seen nothing get. 

Someone has been paid- likely a Duggar trust. There's a whole family that needs to be supported and None (Josh for a short bit and Austin, Jeremy recently) of them have had paying jobs beyond the show since the early 2000s- someone got paid or how else  did the family survive?  The houses, autos, planes, medical care, food and utilities would have sunk them by now.

"I had a great job..." Then why the fuck did you quit, you tool? 

If he's being accurate then the long suspected theory that JB and Chelle were funneling all the money has to be true. Then I also have to say poor kids, IF it's accurate because I bet they told them "this is ministry". "Do it for the Lord. Your family will be taken care of in the process." 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Exactly. And further, STFU and GET a job.

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I guess he thought his job was being on the show. I can see JB doling out money as needed but keeping the bulk for himself. 

2 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

If he's being accurate then the long suspected theory that JB and Chelle were funneling all the money has to be true. Then I also have to say poor kids, IF it's accurate because I bet they told them "this is ministry". "Do it for the Lord. Your family will be taken care of in the process." 

I could see that. 

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I guess he thought his job was being on the show. I do wonder if Jim Bob holds the financial purse strings. 

But he wasn't getting paid. So if he quit his job for a volunteer position, that makes him more of a moron! 

I think all this comparing Derick's social media rants to Josh's juvenile criminal behavior and adult unfaithfulness and suggesting that Jill is in the same situation as Anna was is inappropriate. Derick has never criticized Jill online and for all we know he could be the Duggar husband who is most often cooking his wife dinner and changing diapers and encouraging his wife to have dreams. It's possible. We're not in their house. As for Derick's anger at inlaws, I think he truly admired JB and has since got a harsh look at JB's true character. As for the quitters comment, maybe he wanted to quit having kids after 2, but wasn't quitting b/c Jill wanted more? It's possible.

Call me a big, old BEC, because on this issue I am. I have lived for this day. A 2nd generation Duggar getting slapped upside the head with the reality of living in the real world, procreating for Jesus like rabbits without any jobs or education. I'm glad it's the Dillards because they do have the potential for getting at least 1 decent job!  THIS is what it will take for this lifestyle to fall apart-

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I guess he thought his job was being on the show. I do wonder if Jim Bob holds the financial purse strings. 

If what he is saying is accurate then there is no other explanation for 19Ks. But how is it possible for Counting On. Unless there really is a family trust receiving all the money.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived