IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

I also 100% refuse to believe that not one person in Derick’s life said “oh wow, bet you’re raking in the big bucks now that you’re a tv star!” Or didn’t give him a “wtf” look when he said he was “volunteering” for the show and told him he was getting snowed. Anyone hearing that would clue him in that people on tv shows get paid. I mean, six year olds know that, and this man has a degree as a financial professional.  

Something about this is not right, and my money is on Derick lying through his poorly orthodonatiated teeth. 

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That's my cue!

w2iRH4E.jpg

And it's Derick's fault. :kitty-wink:

Try to defend that, Derick's mother!

35 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

I hope Derick keeps running off at the mouth!

394.jpg

ETA: This is directed towards Derdick 

Just now, HarryPotterFan said:

394.jpg

May the farce be with you!

43 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Derick claimed that he was never paid by TLC for appearing on the shows. He claimed that he was a "volunteer." He also expressed anger at TLC for not paying for Izzy's hospital bills because TLC made money off the filmed episode. He also claimed that he was not paid by People Mag for the stories printed.

Wait, he said People Mag never paid them either? Bullshit! Because if it is true that they consented to FRONT PAGE features without any compensation at all.... then they’re idiots. That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Before the scandals they were the “talent” of TLC’s most lucrative reality show! How on earth could anyone be in that situation for no pay!? I can understand after the scandals maybe, but not before! And not even asking for compensation from People Mag? That’s madness. 

I suppose if People or TLC or whoever said “Do it to promote the show,” they might do it, but if they’re not even being paid by the show either?? What’s the incentive??? 

Bullshit. It is either total bullshit or he and Jill, maybe all of them, were swindled hard by JB or someone at TLC.

ETA: Even as a semi-peripheral “character” on the show Derick would likely have been offered some compensation, maybe not much but likely at least something. But Jill was one of the mains! There is NO WAY she wasn’t being paid. Volunteer my ass.

If this is true I can only believe it was agreed upon in desperation after Joshley blew up, with the hope of getting paid again when people forgot about the scandals. But really, even that is so dumb as to be delusional. 

Is it just me, does anyone else think this could be the end of the Counting On?

7 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what Derick’s trying to do here. If he can’t be on the show, no one can. 

6 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

From your lips to God’s ears. The sooner TLC stops bankrolling these people’s reckless procreation aspirations, the better. 

But, according to Derick, they never were bankrolling them in the first place so I guess it doesn’t matter! Also 2+2=5 and the matrix is real. 

I don’t even know what to think anymore.

Actually, if TLC really isn’t paying anyone it really does solve the mystery of why they kept the show even when no advertisers would touch it with a 10 ft pole. It must be dirt cheap to fIlm! 

38 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I also 100% refuse to believe that not one person in Derick’s life said “oh wow, bet you’re raking in the big bucks now that you’re a tv star!” Or didn’t give him a “wtf” look when he said he was “volunteering” for the show and told him he was getting snowed. Anyone hearing that would clue him in that people on tv shows get paid. I mean, six year olds know that, and this man has a degree as a financial professional.  

Something about this is not right, and my money is on Derick lying through his poorly orthodonatiated teeth. 

Maybe JB sold him a sob story all like, oh well I just barely have enough money to put food in all the little one's mouths and the extra we get from TLC isn't much money at all, but it helps. If you and Jill volunteer for just a couple episodes that means Josie can have piano lessons and the howlers will get to go out to eat on their birthdays. Once you have a bunch of adult kids deluded and backing up your story, it's not as hard to delude new people. 

9 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

From your lips to God’s ears. The sooner TLC stops bankrolling these people’s reckless procreation aspirations, the better. 

But, according to Derick, they never were bankrolling them in the first place so I guess it doesn’t matter! Also 2+2=5 and the matrix is real. 

I don’t even know what to think anymore.

Actually, if TLC really isn’t paying anyone it really does solve the mystery of why they kept the show even when no advertisers would touch it with a 10 ft pole. It must be dirt cheap to fIlm! 

Yeah, he does keep shifting the goalposts, doesn't he?

3 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

MTV doesn’t pay birth costs but they seem to foot everyone’s rehab bill. Derick, you should try to get a show on MTV!

Also Derdick tried to wish everyone a Happy International Women’s Day...

Reveal hidden contents

046D2BA8-535F-48E5-B1CB-1AF09CF40228.thumb.png.4c395c20f83682188ce27f1d81921a86.png

Yes those lucky enough to get on Teen Mom get free rehab. Valerie from the same season as Jenelle died of a heroin overdose. Those girls were the lucky ones to get help.

Derick on MTV is hilarious, this needs to happen.

You can't be on a tv show without getting paid somehow. It breaks SAG laws 

1 minute ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

You can't be on a tv show without getting paid somehow. It breaks SAG laws 

But would they qualify as actors if it is supposed to be unscripted? We know it isn’t nearly as unscripted as they would have us believe, but is it possible that the production company could skirt those laws by claiming that they’re not actors?

Either way, it would be wiser for the company to just pay them and prevent a potential future lawsuit for unpaid wages. Which is why I cannot believe that he and Jill weren’t paid. If it is true then somebody got hustled and Derick has every right to be miffed with TLC. But it can’t be true! Can it?

5 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

But would they qualify as actors if it is supposed to be unscripted? We know it isn’t nearly as unscripted as they would have us believe, but is it possible that the production company could skirt those laws by claiming that they’re not actors?

Either way, it would be wiser for the company to just pay them and prevent a potential future lawsuit for unpaid wages. Which is why I cannot believe that he and Jill weren’t paid. If it is true then somebody got hustled and Derick has every right to be miffed with TLC. But it can’t be true! Can it?

I believe so, someone somewhere is lying.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what Derick’s trying to do here. If he can’t be on the show, no one can. 

Bingo! He totally seems the type to do just that. Ruin everyone else's fun just because he was kicked off the show. "They kicked me off! Well, I'll show them I'll make sure they get canceled!"          

So if Derick thought he was volunteering, why would he expect to get money for Izzy's birth? Volunteers don't get paid.

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

So if Derick thought he was volunteering, why would he expect to get money for Izzy's birth? Volunteers don't get paid.

My guess is Derwood can't get his stories straight? Who knows what he will say today? 

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Please help me out here. How could they have legally been volunteers for a show?

Theu couldnt. I remember back in the day when Kate"s brother(J&K+8) revealed that she cut them from filiming for the show after thee specials because the studio had to pay adult regulars a fee. Perhaps Jill was paid directly as the headliner as the show is technically about the siblings....

People magazine doesn’t pay for interviews, so Derick is technically correct. What they do pay for is pictures you own that you license to them to use in the magazine. That’s why some photos will say from Xyz family or private collection. This way they can say they didn’t pay for an interview.

i don’t for a minute believe they weren’t paid for the Counting On show. Even if Derick wasn’t paid, Jill as a star of the show was definately paid.  TLC is part of a billion dollar corporation. They have the best lawyers working for them. Their contracts are iron clad and I don’t doubt for a minute everything is above board. Also, no way would TLC pay Jim Bob for Counting On when he isn’t even on the show. It doesn’t work that way. You can’t tell a company to please write the check in my daddy’s name. More likely the duggars have a company that is paid the money, which is how most celebrities do it, because it protects the money, protects the party making the money and can have tax advantages. 

I think the Dillards are likely running low on money and Jim Bob doesn’t intend to support Derick. I believe Jim Bob would take care of Jill and the kids but I don’t think he wants to pay the bills for Derick. Let’s say once the money was split with the other siblings on the show, the Dillard’s received $5,000 an episode. After taxes, and their CA and medical expenses, the money would likely be gone by now. 

Oh and Jazz is the star of her show. Of course she is being paid. I think people dislike Jim Bob and TLC so they will automatically believe something negative about them because it reinforces what they already believe. The problem is that I would not trust Derick as any type of messenger. He seems to love to lash out on twitter. He was horrible to Jazz on twitter but suddenly he speaks the truth because it’s against TLC and Jim Bob? 

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Yes those lucky enough to get on Teen Mom get free rehab. Valerie from the same season as Jenelle died of a heroin overdose. Those girls were the lucky ones to get help.

Derick on MTV is hilarious, this needs to happen.

Wow I had no idea Valerie died. Poor family. 

Didn't the InTouch lawsuit allege lost income damages? If they weren't paid, where's the lost income? 

There are a lot of important things to talk about in the beginning. The main one is this: you guys are nuts. Santa is neither Canadian nor Russian. He is Finnish and lives in Korvatunturi. Get your facts straight!

I also have very strong wish to tweet back the meme about Cathy and "there are a lot of assumptions being made here" back to Derrick's tweet about assuming they volunteered 

11 hours ago, Taylurker said:

I'm confused about something. Was Israel or Samuel in the NICU for 2 weeks?

He talks about TLC making money off of his son's birth but not paying for the NICU stay. So was Samuel's birth filmed or not? All of the evidence points to Samuel being the NICU baby, but I don't understand how TLC profited from a birth not even filmed?

Then again, Counting On's timeline is way behind right now.

We don't know who he was speaking about. Hospital bills he is talking about seem to be Izzy's as Sam isn't even close to a year. Derrick if you read this, for fuck's sake start using names so we know. Not that we really care, but curiosity killed this cat.

Seriously, I don't for a second think he is saying it like it is. But what he is saying feels like it has a lot of truth hidden inside stupidity, self-service, hyperbole and putting a spin on the truth. It is not a truth as we see it but it isn't a lie either.

I think there are millions of ways JB could spin it so idiots like Duggars and inlaws would believe or at least pretend so hard they believe it that they actually believe they do. 

Reality TV isn't under SAG laws and under most laws relating to show business. For example, people being in documentaries rarely get paid. 

Well, we all know Santa is Turkish.

But maybe he changed his nationality after emigrating to a colder climate years ago.

There's a Santa's farm in Estonia, so... 
(But I've been there only in summer and don't know if it works during winter. Maybe it's Santa's summer holiday house.) 

40 minutes ago, Nowyn said:

Santa is neither Canadian nor Russian. He is Finnish and lives in Korvatunturi.

I was just going to say the same! (are you a Finn, too?)

It would be interesting to hear something from TLC, too. If they DID pay to Jill/Derdick, I would assume they had already said that, just to end Derdick's lies. But if they only paid to JB, maybe they aren't allowed to say that for privacy reasons? (I know nothing about US reality show contracts)

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived