IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

Any chance that bc Derick spoke out the rest of the Counting On couples have a sit down with TLC and demand to be paid directly?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Joy isn’t the first Duggar to own a home though. Josh is. They transferred (or whatever) the property to someone else, but he and Anna did buy and own it. Joy is, however, the first Duggar sister to own a home. I believe that Jinger is the first to have her name on the deed and mortgage though, but I can’t be positive about that.

True.  But, that was still a Duggar transaction. It still is with Jessa and Ben living in that house now.  So, I personally think Joy wins because that was her husband setting up their house.  Or, do you mean the D.C. house?  So. Many. Houses.

ETA: Austin's family was on a reality TV show.  So, his folks may have a glimpse into how that all works and acted smartly. 

Just now, Beermeet said:

True.  But, that was still a Duggar transaction. It still is with Jessa and Ben living in that house now.  So, I personally think Joy wins because that was her husband setting up their house.  Or, do you mean the D.C. house?  So. Many. Houses.

Lol! Neither. I’m talking about the house the Smuggars currently live in. They bought it shortly before news broke about the molestations. I remember because people here were speculating that they were moving back to Arkansas so he could pursue a political career or they bought it to have a homebase for visits. It’s no longer in their names - it was transferred to a trust or a lawyer or something right before the scandal broke. 

I don’t buy Derick’s BS about not being paid and thinking they were volunteers for even a second. When “Counting On” premiered on TLC after the Josh scandals, it was called “Jill and Jessa: Counting On” and they were the bread and butter of the show. They rebranded it as “Counting On” as they added the other siblings back into the storylines.

Theres no way, as leads of the show they thought they were volunteering their time. These fundies are dumb in regards to many things, but even they’re not THAT dumb. 

So no, I don’t buy this whole Good ‘ol Derick and Jill, the missionaries, volunteering in Danger America and for TLC, narrative.

This 'volunteering to help out in filming' needs to be a post count of some kind, but I'm all out of juice after a rough day. Somebody help me out. 

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Assumptions are flying fast and furious all over this thread and I'm loving it!

That's my cue!

w2iRH4E.jpg

Is that lawsuit with the city of Springdale over the redactions still going on? Maybe it's about to get dismissed and that's setting off his fragile male ego?

23 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I don’t buy Derick’s BS about not being paid and thinking they were volunteers for even a second. , narrative.

If Derick was lying, TLC and/or JB would have said something by now. JB certainly doesn't feel any loyalty to Derick that would cause him to NOT contradict Derick's storyline.

On the topic of JB. Who do you all think are his favorite son-in-laws in rank order from favorite to most hated. Here's my top picks.

1. Ben

2. Austin

3. Jeremy
4. Derick

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Joy isn’t the first Duggar to own a home though. Josh is. They transferred (or whatever) the property to someone else, but he and Anna did buy and own it. Joy is, however, the first Duggar sister to own a home. I believe that Jinger is the first to have her name on the deed and mortgage though, but I can’t be positive about that.

Joy's name is not on the deed. Just Austin. 

I am trying so hard to catch up (and it’s 11:30 pm and I’m tired!) Am currently on page 12 reading comments posted only 23 hours ago!  But there are 21 pages in this thread!  Did something newsworthy actually happen, or is it another awesome thread drift?  I hope I can sleep tonight not knowing the answer. 

Based on the last several pages, though, Derick is still a dick. Ok. Got it. 

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

I am trying so hard to catch up (and it’s 11:30 pm and I’m tired!) Am currently on page 12 reading comments posted only 23 hours ago!  But there are 21 pages in this thread!  Did something newsworthy actually happen, or is it another awesome thread drift?  I hope I can sleep tonight not knowing the answer. 

Based on the last several pages, though, Derick is still a dick. Ok. Got it. 

Derick claimed that he was never paid by TLC for appearing on the shows. He claimed that he was a "volunteer." He also expressed anger at TLC for not paying for Izzy's hospital bills because TLC made money off the filmed episode. He also claimed that he was not paid by People Mag for the stories printed.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Surely you ask when you have just had a baby by C/section and multi-staged oral surgery BEFORE you go ahead and quit that day job. So how did he think that he was going to support his family when he quit WM? By volunteering on The Duggars' TV show?

volunteering must be a word that they use all the time... he must be dumb as a post to volunteer to be on tv and not get paid for it like his father in law.  the respect that i never had for him went out the window even further. he needs to shut up or at the very least go on Megan Kelly's show - it's also tanking like he is 

2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

However, they might volunteer to help out parents or in-laws from time to time.  

The Christians who are actively practicing in their faith, in my world, would volunteer to do MUCH more than just help out (wealthy) in laws.  Even more than .... buying tacos from a Christian-owned biz.

I wonder if, because there are so many Duggars, if TLC just deals with Jim Bob as some type of manager for all of them.  And he just pays their bills or whatever.  Or JB negotiates TLC paying for the weddings and honeymoons.  Or is it possible that they changed the name of the show and JB and Michelle aren't on it, but the off-camera part stayed the same as 19KAC?  It's all very confusing and very interesting to think about.  I hope Derick keeps running off at the mouth!

he really doesn't understand anything about life. The show was called Jill and Jessa counting on... it was based on them...and yes they filmed sporadically but it had his wife's name in the title and yes she told us about evil SCA and how Izzy tasted a fan...are you telling us that you never got paid to go to the fancy hotel which had barbed wire...this man has no clue....so all of that was for free!!!! 

he truly is delusional 

Call me crazy, but if you're worried about paying off medical bills, or really any type of bills, the best strategy would be to keep your paying job and not decide to be a grifting missionary.

3 minutes ago, nst said:

he really doesn't understand anything about life. The show was called Jill and Jessa counting on... it was based on them...and yes they filmed sporadically but it had his wife's name in the title and yes she told us about evil SCA and how Izzy tasted a fan...are you telling us that you never got paid to go to the fancy hotel which had barbed wire...this man has no clue....so all of that was for free!!!! 

he truly is delusional 

This makes 100% sense to me, yet reads like a fever dream. I love you, FJ. 

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Call me crazy, but if you're worried about paying off medical bills, or really any type of bills, the best strategy would be to keep your paying job and not decide to be a grifting missionary.

This makes 100% sense to me, yet reads like a fever dream. I love you, FJ. 

he life is a fever dream and it's starting to ooze out of his pores.

maybe he read the spoilers for the xfiles finale and that is why he is acting out 

Another DD tweet tonight:  "Like I said, for the year we were paying off our son’s birth expenses, both Jill and I thought we had been volunteering our time to help out. Both of us. TLC should approach all adults if they expect any obligation from them, so they can evaluate their own situation."

Dude - you have been beyond naive.  Although - if true, this explains why you got so upset with people questioning your GoFundMe campaigns.  Yes, we do think you have been getting paid by TLC.  You absolutely need to take it up with your Father-in-law.

2 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Another DD tweet tonight:  "Like I said, for the year we were paying off our son’s birth expenses, both Jill and I thought we had been volunteering our time to help out. Both of us. TLC should approach all adults if they expect any obligation from them, so they can evaluate their own situation."

Dude - you have been beyond naive.  Although - if true, this explains why you got so upset with people questioning your GoFundMe campaigns.  Yes, we do think you have been getting paid by TLC.  You absolutely need to take it up with your Father-in-law.

someone tweet him back or jill and tell them to talk to jB because he is insane. 

7 minutes ago, nst said:

he truly is delusional 

I’m sorry to interrupt again but, just before I go to bed, who is this poster masquerading as Jessa nst?  Whoever you are, you aren’t fooling us with your paragraph!  

Derick there is this thing called a contract. You probably signed it before you appeared on the show. This contract tells you hoe you are being compensated for your time. It appears that you did not read it. Bad move Derick.

If Derek is actually telling the truth and they haven't been paid directly, the only thing that makes sense to me is that the adult kids have signed some sort of document that essentially makes Jim Bob their manager and allows him to negotiate with TLC or the production company. I could see Jim Bob then putting all the money in a trust and doling it at his whim. 

I suppose I could see Jim Bob swooping down on the kids as soon as they turn 18 and having them sign a document that gives him the power to do this -- and I can also kind of see Jill signing her name to whatever Daddy put in front of her, because she trusts him (and she doesn't seem like the brightest bulb either.) She could have very well told Derek that she wasn't paid for the show, because she might not have been -- Daddy just doled out houses, cash or whatever they needed when he saw fit.

However, if Derek actually asserting that he was a volunteer is ridiculous. He is worldly enough to know people get paid to appear on TV -- and that Jim Bob's cell phone tower and business aren't enough to support 19 kids in the lifestyle to which they've now grown accustomed. There is no way he didn't sign some sort of contract (either allowing Jim Bob to negotiate for him or with TLC directly. If he didn't read it, shame on him)

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

I’m sorry to interrupt again but, just before I go to bed, who is this poster masquerading as Jessa nst?  Whoever you are, you aren’t fooling us with your paragraph!  

she thinks he is delusional as well just won't come out and say it because ben will cry into his cheerios. he knows better.. he knows where his bread is buttered...usually by me

2 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Derick there is this thing called a contract. You probably signed it before you appeared on the show. This contract tells you hoe you are being compensated for your time. It appears that you did not read it. Bad move Derick.

the same contract that had that "questionnaire" 

um hello 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived