IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

touchdown.jpg.8ba90128e6d90d2c7fb1e6e36d6c4ec8.jpg

That's funny although in Smashville we don't have sunday games.  We do have Pk Subban and Filip Forsberg though 

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Something does not add up. How does one doop roughly 10 adults into believing they're not getting paid, when they are? 

If the family trust is receiving money for the episode, then Derrick knows this and he petitions (and subsequently blames) Jim Bob for the lack of cash, not TLC.

It's either a lie or a criminal offense. 

Something is foul in the state of AR (or wherever TLC is based)...

Nah.  TLC surely has competent counsel that draws up contracts protecting them from lawsuits from disgruntled reality show participants.  Side arrangements between Jim Bob and offspring and in-laws aren't their problem.

Not that I necessarily believe Derick.  He's a nut.  Still, if was dumb enough to sign a contract agreeing that any compensation owed would be directed to Jim Bob Inc., that's his problem.

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But one still has to have a decent income to secure a mortgage.

I thought I read Jeremy has quite a bit of  money from his soccer days. 

I don't want Derick writing the tell all because 1) He'd probably lie about a bunch of stuff and 2) He's not the Duggar I'd want to give any money too. So if he does, someone upload it to Scribd for free.

Back to the getting paid thing, dWRECK has a history of tweeting indirect lies, IMO. "I've reached out to him." to Jazz. Well you're calling her "Him" that doesn't count.

Directly telling someone child molestation is evil, yet supporting Josh.

The Dillards may not have gotten a check in their name from TLC, but they were paid in some form. If they were dumb enough to sign a contract saying all the money goes to Jim Bob and he dives it up, that's on them. Same with People, if they agreed to have Peope pay JB and then pay them, that is also on them and I have no sympathy for not reading the fine print. I believe he's lying.

I also think he's about a late night razor away from having a 2007 Britney Spears meltdown. 

Do you think Jill's parents blamed and guilt-tripped her for the c-sections and NICU experiences? After all, she is bad for the brand since she goes to prove not every woman can have 19 babies.

4 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Something does not add up. How does one doop roughly 10 adults into believing they're not getting paid, when they are? 

If the family trust is receiving money for the episode, then Derrick knows this and he petitions (and subsequently blames) Jim Bob for the lack of cash, not TLC.

It's either a lie or a criminal offense. 

Something is foul in the state of AR (or wherever TLC is based)...

Easily when most of those adults were raised as Duggars were. I think the only two adults who could have suspected anything would be Derrick and Jeremy. Derrick looked up to JB when he came into the picture. He was swap off his feet by not his future wife but JB. 

When Counting On started it could have also been explained that they couldn't be paid but the family needed this.

Derrick's language hasn't been clear enough for us to determine who he actually meant. I would hazard a guess that JB is as much object of his resentment as TLC but we aren't even close to being sure.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Honestly, I hope Derick DOES leave Jill or she leaves him.  One or the other.  I'm not picky.  Because these two either need SERIOUS counseling from a magical marriage wizard, or this union needs to end.  

I know it's kind of taboo to say "I hope this couple gets a divorce", but I'm at the point in my life where I can see that sometimes, that IS the best outcome you can hope for.  There are MANY worse things that can happen in a home besides a divorce, and in some cases, a divorce is the only way to really avoid things getting to that level.  

Bingo.

Just like sometimes it is best to break a commercial contract (both parties can benefit), it's sometimes best to break a marriage. This is the perfect example and in the real world outside of this Duggar cult, these people would be separated or divorced by now IF they had ever gotten married in the first place.

With respect to JB cashing in on Counting On, he cannot sign a contract on behalf of adult children (short of powers of attorney) nor can he consent on their behalf to appear. If he is acting as their agent, fine, but they would still be getting paid directly because there is no privity of contract between him and TLC. It's much more likely that he's set up a corporation which contracts with TLC, and maybe he's the sole shareholder and the kids are employees or maybe they're all shareholders, who knows. In any event, the $ would then be tied up in the corporation until it is paid out/doled out (but keep in mind that is a taxable event).

If he is indeed controlling all the funds to this day then all those kids are idiots but since they are basically useless idiots dem's the breaks. My guess is that he's paying for the weddings (subject to a crappy budget), providing free or subsidized housing to the families of his sons (Josh, Joe, soon Josiah) and initially the daughters too. Jill had the McMansion until DWreck lost his mind and the way he is behaving my guess is that JB probably isn't footing too many of their bills. Jessa is still on the Daddy Dole since neither she nor Ben appear to be capable of earning any $. Jinger and Joy really did leave and cleave financially. I don't think that it's just a case of Jessa being media savvy (she is) but also she is the daughter by far the most financially dependent on Daddy dearest and his purse strings.

For an accountant, Derick seems to have very little understanding of finances. Maybe it’s for the best he left to go on endless Jesus vacations. I wouldn’t want him handing my money. 

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Call me a big, old BEC, because on this issue I am. I have lived for this day. A 2nd generation Duggar getting slapped upside the head with the reality of living in the real world, procreating for Jesus like rabbits without any jobs or education. I'm glad it's the Dillards because they do have the potential for getting at least 1 decent job!  THIS is what it will take for this lifestyle to fall apart-

I would never call you a BEC - It is telling though that he now is going on twitter and just going on and on....I don't think Derick has the potential do anything except rant and rave at this point. 

2 minutes ago, artdecades said:

For an accountant, Derick seems to have very little understanding of finances. Maybe it’s for the best he left to go on endless Jesus vacations. I wouldn’t want him handing my money. 

My SIL is a trained accountant (did her audit with one of the big firms but then only worked in accounting for 2-3 years) and the dumbest financial person I've ever met. She doesn't even understand the taxable implications of a 401(k) which I find shocking. 

It is entirely possible that TLC wasn't willing to pay as much for Counting On after the scandals, and so either reduced or cut a lot of the kidult's salaries. If they call it a documentary series and get the "talent" to sign a release form, they don't have to pay anyone that appears on the show, especially not adults.

Now, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Boob and Meechelle weren't being paid for 19kac. BUT once the Joshley shit hit the fan and advertisers started treating them like poison, I could see TLC pitching them a new show with little to no cash behind it. Maybe with the explicit, or implicit, promise that it was only temporary until the scandal blew over and then they could renegotiate salaries. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they took a deal like that. 

ETA: Or he could be lying. I'm not totally convinced he isn't lying.

So sad we won’t be able to follow along on this riveting outing via Counting On. I know how much we all enjoyed watching the Duggars go to various medical appointments. :pb_lol:

(But seriously, I’m glad to see confirmation that these boys see a Doctor - even if it’s not on a regular basis. And despite how awkward she can be and how she has made some poor parenting choices over the years, I’m also glad that Jill at least seems to love her sons and that they seem relaxed with her.)

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Two things. If Derick is saying that they (assuming he means himself and Jill) were "under the impression" they were volunteers... he seems to be implying that that wasn't truly the case, and that someone deceived them. And if that's true, who is he blaming? I guess what I'm getting at is that I wonder if he found out that Jim Bob actually got the money for their appearances, and he's angry at Jim Bob. Derick, are you listening? Can you give us a sign that we're on the right track? Tweet once for yes, covfefe for no.

he can't be that dumb to think that JB never got paid for anything....

58 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Only three Duggars with real estate licenses in Arkansas:

https://www.ark.org/arec_renewals/index.php/search/agent 

well isn't that fascinating 

34 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

What she said!!! 

and those three duggars have no listings 

The part that really screams to me that he’s lying is his prior tweets about holding a job for 25 years. 

That doesn’t reconcile with ‘we’re just volunteers’. Make up your mind Derrick  Was TLC your job for a few years? Or were you unpaid and barley getting by? Is he counting SOS/Walmart alone and not including TLC job? 

Derricks a liar and trying to gaslight people into believeing what he says. 

Look--actual evidence that he WAS just a volunteer after all!

cddc411ab94df9bc5bac2af5d20eece0e1f56ca0053a135833d23192a7ec315b.jpg

59 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

As first time home buyers JinJer most likely qualified for an FHA loan or some other first time buyer program, which doesn't require a large down payment. 

They put down about 50%.

Back to the Dullards, here comes Jill with the Cute Kid Damage Control. 

(Pic already posted above)

28 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Or a cosigner.  

Hypothetically, it could work like this: a Duggar trust is the only one paid.  All the adults are technically "volunteers" and receive no direct compensation for their time.

Instead, the adult couples have an agreement with JB/the trust is set up in such a way where bills are sent to JB/the trustee who pays them from the family money fund.  This may include credit cards for daily expenses, which JB/the trust has probably set a limit on.  Because they have no reported income, JB and Michelle (who have a massive reported income AND likely decent credit) co-sign any needed loan.  This can be scaled up/down depending on how much the couple "volunteers" on the show.

So for example, if it does work this way, I would imagine Jessa and Ben effectively get all their bills covered by the Duggar family fund since they do so much filming and social media work.  Ben probably gets a nominal salary from JB for helping with the Duggar family business, which he can then put into savings.  

Jinger and Jeremy don't film as much, though they still film some events and toe the line on social media.  They may have gotten assistance buying their home in exchange for agreeing to continue filming every now and again.  They may also get additional "bonuses" from JB/the trust every time they film to sweeten the deal.

Joy and Austin seem to be hard workers, but I would be shocked if they weren't getting some help on that reno.  That stuff is EXPENSIVE.  Plus you need A LOT of liquid cash to flip (especially at first), which is not something most young 20-somethings have.  I would bet that JB/the trust is helping to provide the liquid assets the couple needs, possibly under the title of "investor".  

So these adults get into a mindframe where their bills are paid by SOMEONE, either by a Duggar trust or JB personally or whatever.  

So now we move to Derick.  

IF this is a trust, then the rules regarding the disbursement of money from the Trust are binding, if they exist.  The trustee cannot just dole out money if it goes against the provisions of the trust.  If the trust is formed and funded by payments from TLC, it would make sense that a stipulation of the trust would be that money is only to be provided for those people who are currently appearing on the show (since it is ostensibly the collected income from the show) or to cover a bill from when the requester DID appear on the show.  Makes sense, right?

So Derick and Jill might have had every reason to expect that JB/TLC would cover the costs of Sam's birth.  It may have been what happened in the past, and during most of the pregnancy was what was expected.  It may be they were still getting costs covered after they officially quit the show because they were backdated expenses from when they were still on the show.  Jessa may have gotten all her care covered.

Then they submitted the NICU bill, and BAM: rejected.  Even if JB is the trustee, his hands would have been tied if the rules of the trust don't allow for non-filming related reimbursement for non-filming family members.  That may have been a surprise to everyone if they didn't truly understand the set up of the trust.  It may be that Derick now feels this set up is unfair because he feels he is still due money from when he DID film, and is now lashing out at TLC as he feels he was not fairly compensated for his time.  

If the Duggars really do coordinate to do damage control, unfortunately Josiah announced his engagement a couple days too early. If Jessa really is pregnant and announces within the next couple days, I may turn into a Duggar-announcements-as-damage-control believer. :P

40 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Nah.  TLC surely has competent counsel that draws up contracts protecting them from lawsuits from disgruntled reality show participants.  Side arrangements between Jim Bob and offspring and in-laws aren't their problem.

Not that I necessarily believe Derick.  He's a nut.  Still, if was dumb enough to sign a contract agreeing that any compensation owed would be directed to Jim Bob Inc., that's his problem.

I was thinking more on the lines of Wahlberg and Michelle Williams, where some cast get a "different" deal. Maybe Dillards agreed to volunteer instead of receive pay with agreement their travels to CA would be covered. To me that's still some form of payment even if indirect but would still render his comment about volunteering correct.

But no one seems to like that theory.lol 

I hope he's lying. The alternative hurts my brain. 

Just now, Georgiana said:

Joy and Austin seem to be hard workers, but I would be shocked if they weren't getting some help on that reno.  That stuff is EXPENSIVE.  Plus you need A LOT of liquid cash to flip (especially at first), which is not something most young 20-somethings have. 

Five flips will give a good flipper a decent pile-o-cash. I know of what I speak (from a previous life as a flipper pre-market bust in 2008). I'm betting (hopeful!) that they're truly on their own, without support from JimBob - but possibly with their own payouts from being on the show/selling stories to People/etc.

I'm confused about something. Was Israel or Samuel in the NICU for 2 weeks?

He talks about TLC making money off of his son's birth but not paying for the NICU stay. So was Samuel's birth filmed or not? All of the evidence points to Samuel being the NICU baby, but I don't understand how TLC profited from a birth not even filmed?

Then again, Counting On's timeline is way behind right now.

32 minutes ago, kachuu said:

I can't help but think D-wreck is trolling everyone who reads/responds to his tweets lol :pb_lol:

Yet Jill says everyone in the household is healthy except for colds. How can this be? lol

16 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Or a cosigner.  

Hypothetically, it could work like this: a Duggar trust is the only one paid.  All the adults are technically "volunteers" and receive no direct compensation for their time.

Instead, the adult couples have an agreement with JB/the trust is set up in such a way where bills are sent to JB/the trustee who pays them from the family money fund.  This may include credit cards for daily expenses, which JB/the trust has probably set a limit on.  Because they have no reported income, JB and Michelle (who have a massive reported income AND likely decent credit) co-sign any needed loan.  This can be scaled up/down depending on how much the couple "volunteers" on the show.

So for example, if it does work this way, I would imagine Jessa and Ben effectively get all their bills covered by the Duggar family fund since they do so much filming and social media work.  Ben probably gets a nominal salary from JB for helping with the Duggar family business, which he can then put into savings.  

Jinger and Jeremy don't film as much, though they still film some events and toe the line on social media.  They may have gotten assistance buying their home in exchange for agreeing to continue filming every now and again.  They may also get additional "bonuses" from JB/the trust every time they film to sweeten the deal.

Joy and Austin seem to be hard workers, but I would be shocked if they weren't getting some help on that reno.  That stuff is EXPENSIVE.  Plus you need A LOT of liquid cash to flip (especially at first), which is not something most young 20-somethings have.  I would bet that JB/the trust is helping to provide the liquid assets the couple needs, possibly under the title of "investor".  

So these adults get into a mindframe where their bills are paid by SOMEONE, either by a Duggar trust or JB personally or whatever.  

So now we move to Derick.  

IF this is a trust, then the rules regarding the disbursement of money from the Trust are binding, if they exist.  The trustee cannot just dole out money if it goes against the provisions of the trust.  If the trust is formed and funded by payments from TLC, it would make sense that a stipulation of the trust would be that money is only to be provided for those people who are currently appearing on the show (since it is ostensibly the collected income from the show) or to cover a bill from when the requester DID appear on the show.  Makes sense, right?

So Derick and Jill might have had every reason to expect that JB/TLC would cover the costs of Sam's birth.  It may have been what happened in the past, and during most of the pregnancy was what was expected.  It may be they were still getting costs covered after they officially quit the show because they were backdated expenses from when they were still on the show.  Jessa may have gotten all her care covered.

Then they submitted the NICU bill, and BAM: rejected.  Even if JB is the trustee, his hands would have been tied if the rules of the trust don't allow for non-filming related reimbursement for non-filming family members.  That may have been a surprise to everyone if they didn't truly understand the set up of the trust.  It may be that Derick now feels this set up is unfair because he feels he is still due money from when he DID film, and is now lashing out at TLC as he feels he was not fairly compensated for his time.  

Except Derick said they paid the last bill about a year later. Sam is just under 8 months old right now and that doesn’t exactly fit the time frame given. So I really think he was referring to Izzy’s birth in that response and not Sam’s, especially since I don’t think we know for sure if Sam’s birth was even filmed.

I do think you have a good point though and you may be on the right track. 

6 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

I'm confused about something. Was Israel or Samuel in the NICU for 2 weeks?

He talks about TLC making money off of his son's birth but not paying for the NICU stay. So was Samuel's birth filmed or not? All of the evidence points to Samuel being the NICU baby, but I don't understand how TLC profited from a birth not even filmed?

Then again, Counting On's timeline is way behind right now.

Samuel was the one in NICU. Izzy did not have a NICU stay. 

Derick talked about TLC profiting off a birth, likely Izzy’s birth. He mentioned a NICU stay in a separate tweet, but I don’t think he accused anyone of profiting off the NICU stay.

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

If the Duggars really do coordinate to do damage control, unfortunately Josiah announced his engagement a couple days too early. If Jessa really is pregnant and announces within the next couple days, I may turn into a Duggar-announcements-as-damage-control believer. :P

But it DOES fit the theory of Derick being a drama Queen who feels the need to steal attention every time some good news is announced. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived